• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Legolas "Cap" Greenleaf

Cap has been MIA...

Well, I’ve missed the last couple of challenges.  I guess you could say, Cap has been MIA. 

giphy.gif

I have continued to work out and watch nutrition, but it is pretty interesting to me how much less seriously I take it without the monthly challenges.  Yes, I lift.  But am I pushing myself as hard to hit higher weights?  Nope.  So, realizing I was missing my secret stuff, I decided to come back for this one.

giphy.gif

Some travel this quest that will be where I don’t have a weight room at all.  That may mess some of this up, but I’ll do what I can.

Weight Quest: No goal… just tracking.   

Current weight: 183.2  (this is down ~9 pounds from the end of December. Decided to do a little cut the last couple of months I've been MIA.)

Weekly gain/loss: --- pounds

Cumulative Challenge gain/loss: --- pounds

Training Quests:

Quest 1: Run minimum of 2 times per week at a minimum of 4 cumulative miles (~6.4km). Maximum of 10 (~16KM) cumulative miles.  

Been SUPER lazy on this front.  I recently got a new position at work and the number of workouts total per week has just dropped... oh well, maybe this challenge it will recover a bit. Focus is on prioritizing lifts over runs though.

This week:  ---

Challenge:  Avg = --- runs @ ---K cum distance

Lift quests: Going to simplify the lifts I track for the purpose of this. With less workouts per week, can’t get in as many accessory type lifts. So… I’ll still work some accessory lifts in when I can, but I’m not going to track as many here and simplify those I do track.

Quest 2: Lift heavy things a minimum of 3 days per week

This week:  --- lifts

Challenge:  --- lifts / week avg

Quest 3 Bench: Goal is to get as close to 215 @ 5 as I can. Long-term goal is to get to reps at 225.

This week: ---

Challenge:  ---

Quest 4: Squat Simply work them into my workouts.  Let the results be what they are. I know I’m not gaining on this lift by not pushing the weight, but not doing it at all is even worse.

Quest 5: Deadlift Been doing 3 sets of 5 @ 305-315 lately. Goal is to get to 3 set of 5 @ 325.  I’m going to be more focused on these over squats because of the DL side quest below…

DL side quest – 1RM: Not sure what my PR is.. I think 355ish?  Goal is going to be 370+.  I’d still like to hit 400 by the next complete rotation around the sun, which occurs this April.  Going from 370 in March to 400 in April seems a lot.. But I also usually feel I have some extra in me when I’ve been doing PR DLs lately.

Quest 6: Lat Pulldown / Pull up work  Not going to over complicate it… I’ll work them in, but not going to “force myself” to do one or the other.  I’ll track whatever I do each week.  

Quest 7: Press Show progress on Press… If I get a press work out in each week that’ll be a good start.

Food Quest:

Because of travel and what not I’m not going to go into the weeds on this. 

Track food when not on travel as best I can.. Make sure getting protein.  Next challenge I might do some Macro math for my food tracking.

Let's do it!!

giphy.gif

Alright! Welcome back! 

2 hours ago, Legolas "Cap" Greenleaf said:

Focus is on prioritizing lifts over runs though.

This makes complete sense.

2 hours ago, Legolas "Cap" Greenleaf said:

It's the only logical course of action. 

18 hours ago, Legolas "Cap" Greenleaf said:

Focus is on prioritizing lifts over runs though.

Why must you tease me.

Glad you're back. The road to Cap was missed.

Friday – 22 March

Traveled for the past week…. Walked about 500 miles.. but no gym meant limited lifts since this challenge started..

giphy.gif

Reporting a day or so earlier than usual too… so might get some work in tomorrow… we’ll see

Current weight: 183.2

Weekly gain/loss: 0.0 pounds

Cumulative Challenge gain/loss: 0.0 pounds

Training Quests:

Quest 1: Run minimum of 2 times per week at a minimum of 4 cumulative miles (~6.4km). Maximum of 10 (~16KM) cumulative miles.  

This week:  0

Challenge:  Avg = 0 runs @ ---K cum distance

Did you not see I walked bout 500 miles this week? I might get a run in Saturday at some point, but the wife is doing a half marathon so if it happens it won’t be much. Probably get my workout cheering..

giphy.gif

Lift quests:

This week:  2 lifts.. Travel. Whatcha gunna do?

Challenge:  2 lifts / week avg

Quest 3 Bench: Goal is to get as close to 215 @ 5 as I can. Long-term goal is to get to reps at 225.

This week:  5 sets of 3 @ 215 – Feeling good.  Should be able to hit at least 1 set of 5 by the end.

Challenge:  3 @ 215

giphy.gif

Quest 4: Squat Simply work them into my workouts.  Let the results be what they are.

This week:  5 @ 175

Challenge:  5 @ 175

Quest 5: Deadlift Been doing 3 sets of 5 @ 305-315 lately. Goal is to get to 3 set of 5 @ 325. 

This week:  Sets of 5 – 1 @ 315 – Didn’t hit too many reps coming back off a trip where I didn’t lift much but walked a ton.

Challenge:  5 @ 315

DL side quest – 1RM: Not sure what my PR is.. I think 355ish?  Goal is going to be 370+.

This week:  Technically did 1 @ 315 this week.. but wasn’t a true 1RM.. but counting it for tracking anyway.

Challenge:  1 @ 315

Quest 6: Lat Pulldown / Pull up work  

This week:  Yup.. did it. Actually lat pulldown is getting pretty strong. Up to 1.23X bodyweight.

Challenge:  Week 1 (X)

Quest 7: Press Show progress on Press… If I get a press work out in each week that’ll be a good start.

This week:  5 @ 105 – Felt good. Need to start gradually upping the weight.  

Challenge:  5 @ 105

Food Quest:

Didn’t track because of travel.  Given weight hasn’t changed since the end of Feb I must not have been too bad on myself.  

Not a great training week.  But ready to get pumped up to get back into it more next week.  Let’s do it!

giphy.gif

• Like 3

Friday 22 – Saturday 30 March

Quick report this week...

Current weight: 186.2

Weekly gain/loss: -0.6 pounds

Cumulative Challenge gain/loss: -0.6 pounds

Training Quests:

This week:  2 runs; 8.7KM

Lift quests:

This week:  4

Challenge:  3 lifts / week avg

This week:  4 @ 215 / 2 @ 225; Hoping for 215 @ 5 on Tuesday this week.

Challenge:  4 @ 215 / 2 @ 225

Quest 4: Squat Simply work them into my workouts.  Let the results be what they are.

This week:  5 @ 185

Challenge:  5 @ 185

Quest 5: Deadlift Been doing 3 sets of 5 @ 305-315 lately. Goal is to get to 3 set of 5 @ 325. 

This week:  5 @ 315

Challenge:  5 @ 315

DL side quest – 1RM: Not sure what my PR is.. I think 355ish?  Goal is going to be 370+.

This week:  1 @ 355 ; failed at 1 @ 370. Was above the knees too.. probably could have hit it if I’d have slowed down and pushed it.

Challenge:  1 @ 355

Quest 6: Lat Pulldown / Pull up work  

This week:  Box checked

Challenge:  Week 1 (X) Week 2 (X)

This week:  5 @ 115; Progress from last week so just need to keep it up.

Challenge:  5 @ 115

Food Quest:
Was good this week on protein and calorie intake.  Need to just keep it up.

• Like 3