• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

WEEK TWO 3/30

More hard time. Still nauseous and drained. If it isn't better by Monday, I'm going in the get checked out. Hard to eat because everything sounds meeeehhhh.

Tai chi class was wonderful. I left the house in a mood and left class floating. 

Did an escape room with husband and friends.

Tried to eat veggieful pizza, couldnt. Cheerios and sleepy time tea for dinner.

Was going to skip meditation, but I did it anyway. Not well, because the cat (Carrot Ironfoundersson) decided to help, and I do not have the discipline to not pet a kitty curled up on my lap purring.

Waterbending ☆

Cloud bending ☆

Got further in the form this morning, Master John came and worked with us white belts. Got to White Snake Creeps Down the Vine.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Tzippi Longstockings said:

Not well, because the cat (Carrot Ironfoundersson) decided to help, and I do not have the discipline to not pet a kitty curled up on my lap purring.

Don't feel bad. Everybody likes Carrot.

With meditation, doing it anyway, even if it doesn't feel like the best practice, is the key. The key I often forget.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Tzippi Longstockings said:

Not well, because the cat (Carrot Ironfoundersson) decided to help, and I do not have the discipline to not pet a kitty curled up on my lap purring.

Don't feel bad. Everybody likes Carrot.

With meditation, doing it anyway, even if it doesn't feel like the best practice, is the key. The key I often forget.

WEEK THREE 4/1

A good day, I got a lot done.

I did a fair bit of cleaning and fixed my bracelet that was broken, plus standard dishes and laundry. Finished off my weaving project, re-warped my loom for the next one,  and sanded and finished three more shuttles. And I ate greens for lunch.

I did a shovel glove workout in the afternoon, took a shower, and had a great time with weeStockinga once I picked him up - we walked outside, watered the garden, wrassled and chased each other around, and cuddled on the couch for a while before his bedtime. Updated the Week Two overview post, made my April spreads for the Bullet Journal.

Now watching Aquaman with Mr. Longstockings while eating more greens and weaving. Looking forward to a run through of my form and meditation before bed.

A very good day.

Waterbending ☆

Cloud bending ☆

Plant bending ☆

• Like 4

Fresh salad greens, weaving and Aquaman...  that sounds lovely!!!!    Glad to hear you are feeling better.  

• Like 1

CW: Death, bodies

WEEK THREE 4/2

Another good day, I achieved some really interesting things, while not quite getting 100% on my bending goals.

Did chores in the morning and made it to the synagogue early to pick up the instructions for being a member of the womens' chevra kadisha (Burial Society). In our tradition, the deceased is prepared for burial by fellow congregants of the same sex. I attended for the first time in many years, and was surprised again by how moved I was, and by how good and right it felt to be there. I hope they'll call me again.

(Well, I know they will, because I was the youngest there by 20 years, and could do the heavy lifting of buckets of water as well as of the metah (deceased person)). 

It wasn't a Cloudbending goal or anything, but I'm happy to have had a chance to reconnect my spiritual side to a solid, physical act.

After that, I took the very long way home to drop off some little baby clothes to a friend whose son has just come two weeks early (I didn't bother them, just hung the bag on the doorknob out of the rain and skedaddled).One rep of my form, through White snake creeps down the vine. 

Picked up weeStockings, had some beans, rice, and veg for dinner (he is still saying IH-beez! to ask for chickpeas, and I just can't even, too cute).

Talking to you all before doing my form a few times, meditating, and off to bed.

Plantbending: 1/2

Waterbending: *

Cloudbending: *

Edited by Tzippi Longstockings
  • Like 3

On 3/31/2019 at 7:57 AM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

It has escaped my notice till now that you are a fellow Discworld Enthusiast.

I hope you feel better soon.

My older cat is named Gytha Ogg (we'll call her Nanny one she's older), and Commander Sir Samuel Vimes the Duke of Ankh passed away a year and a few months ago.

• Like 2

WEEK THREE 4/3

Did a lot today, considering I also took a long nap this morning.

Had one veg (out if veg except carrots at home, have to let the lettuce recover).

Going to do my form and meditation now. Didn't get to the form, but had a lovely unguided meditation time and went to bed.

Plantbending 1/2

Cloud bending ☆

Yay for doing all the good things!

On 4/1/2019 at 11:37 PM, Tzippi Longstockings said:

I did a fair bit of cleaning and fixed my bracelet that was broken, plus standard dishes and laundry. Finished off my weaving project, re-warped my loom for the next one,  and sanded and finished three more shuttles. And I ate greens for lunch.

I did a shovel glove workout in the afternoon, took a shower, and had a great time with weeStockinga once I picked him up - we walked outside, watered the garden, wrassled and chased each other around, and cuddled on the couch for a while before his bedtime. Updated the Week Two overview post, made my April spreads for the Bullet Journal.

Now watching Aquaman with Mr. Longstockings while eating more greens and weaving. Looking forward to a run through of my form and meditation before bed.

That sounds like a wonderful day. Are you making stick shuttles for band weaving?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mistr said:

Yay for doing all the good things!

That sounds like a wonderful day. Are you making stick shuttles for band weaving?

Just general shuttles for holding my weft. Still doing basic inkle weaving.

WEEK THREE 4/4

Had the discipline today to clean the cat box and, do my hammer workout, before setting up the propane camp stove to practice making Turkish coffee.

Ran D&D for wayward youths, then came home, made broccoli ad mac and cheese for dinner. Meditating now. 

☆☆☆

• Like 3

WEEK THREE 4/5

After weeStockings stopped puking his tiny guts out, the day was pretty good. Got some stuff taken care of, donated, delivered. Bought some veggies and made a big pot of protein veggie curry with four legumes.

Tai chi class was lovely as usual. I am so happy to be in this wonderful practice. I'm most of the way through the 24 -form, which means I'm not too far away from my yellow sash test (!)

Otherwise, ate a ton of veggies in curry, looking forward to my meditation time before bed. Currently weaving and watching Farscape (it's on amazon prime) , remembering when Mr. Longstockings and I first watched it together in our little apartment in Sacramento, before we were married, before weeStockings .   .  .☆☆☆ 

• Like 3

Week four overall:

Reporting in after challenge has finished.  Luckily I have my bullet journal spread to check in with how I did.

Monday: 1/2 plant cloud water

Tuesday: 1/2 plant cloud water

Wednesday: plant cloud water

Thursday: plant cloud 

Friday: plant cloud water 

Saturday: plant cloud water 

Sunday: plant cloud water 

Most of the water bending successes were measured in heavy physical work or long walks. Cloud has become second nature to me- I meditate before bed with or without the app. Plant success is getting better with the weather.

I am choosing to level up. I don't know if I will bother leveling my stats any more, but am very excited to continue my training next challenge, to continue and step up my game somewhat.

Thank you all for your support!

(Fun info: I went to an SCA event this weekend, and had a great time. It was cold and drizzly, but doing tai chi on the beach of an island in the rivet near Clarkston was wonderful. Got some questions, doing tai chi in a long dress and faux fur hat.)

• Like 3

Yay for meeting your challenge goals!

I know what you mean about leveling up stats. After the first several levels it stops meaning anything.

Good for you doing tai chi at the SCA event. 

• Like 1