• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
CapN_Tommy_Sunshine

CapN's Ranger/Bard Challenge

Race: Human, but from one of those northern barbarian tribes.

Class: Ranger, but more on the warrior end of the ranger spectrum (why else would I be swinging clubs!).

Sub-class: Bard.

Goals this challenge:

Pretty much the same as the last couple of challenges.

1. Eat paleo/primal. Shouldn't be a problem, as my way of eating is pretty dialed in now.

2. Do my club swinging workout 3 times a week. I have formulated my starting routine, and will post the details for it the first time I do it this challenge.

3. Rangers need to be flexible, so I am going to continue to do my yoga DVD at least twice a week (!!!).

4. To satisfy my sub-class requirement, I am going to play my guitar as often as possible, but no less than three times a week for at least 30 minutes a session.

I have a couple of side quests that I hope to accomplish this challenge, but they are in secret rooms in the dungeon. If I am successful, I will post them for bonus points.

Here is my Facebook profile:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=1519238445

If you friend me, let me know your Nerd Fitness name, so I know who you are.

I forgot to post my starting weight. I weighed in Sunday morning at 217.

Club routine today

4 rounds of 15 swings

4 rounds of 8 arm casts

4 rounds of 10 pendulum/clean to order

4 rounds of 5 per arm alternating shield casts

4 rounds of two handed side to side swings (switching hand position each round)

Nice, my friend. If I were a guitar player who had a guitar and played it, I would play those too.

Would LOVE to hear you play sometime. Worst case, we can set up Vent and you can serenade the Army sometime.

All right, bard skills +1. Just finished playing my guitar and singing a few songs. My fingertips are getting back in playing shape. They are not killing me like they were when I first started getting back into playing. Some of the songs for tonight:

Understand Your Man, I Still Miss Someone, Delia's Gone -- Johnny Cash

I Can't Help It (If I'm Still in Love With You), Your Cheatin' Heart -- Hank Williams Sr.

Once a Day -- Mike Ness's version

I've Forgot More Than You'll Ever Know -- Skeeter Davis

Fields of Athenry -- Irish folk, I don't know the writer

I think there were a couple others, but I don't remember.

All right, bard skills +1. Just finished playing my guitar and singing a few songs. My fingertips are getting back in playing shape. They are not killing me like they were when I first started getting back into playing. Some of the songs for tonight:

I Can't Help It (If I'm Still in Love With You), Your Cheatin' Heart -- Hank Williams Sr.

That is a damn fine setlist. Thumbs up.

That is a damn fine setlist. Thumbs up.

Thanks. If anyone has any song suggestions, let me know. I always forget to look for chords and lyrics online until I am away from my computer, and then I never remember when I am actually at my computer. I definitely want to expand my repertoire.

Did the clubs this morning. It was a bit more challenging than the last couple of times I did them, however, due to recent events, I have not been getting great sleep, so I think this is the reason.

No guitar tonight, as I have to go to the funeral home. Tonight is going to suck.

A late night last night. It was good to see some of the old gang. Apparently, I am now leaner than I was back in my "prime", as I got a lot of comments on how good I was looking. It was a rough night, but good at the same time. I haven't seen most of those guys in over 10 years. One of my buddies runs a campground, so I may have to take advantage of that next summer.

This morning:

Yoga !!!

20 minutes guitar

Yesterday was a rest day. I did get a little guitar playing done, however, I was interrupted a couple of times, so I figured it wasn't meant to be.

This morning, I did my club workout. 15 minute bike cool down. I should be playing my guitar at one point today.

Got some guitar playing done. I may play a bit more, but I am probably done for the night with it. About 40 minutes. Many of the same songs, but I remembered that I know "He Stopped Loving Her Today" by George Jones. I couldn't remember all of the spoken word part, but it was all right over all.

A bit of good news, I just ordered my ticket to the Dropkick Murphys this Feb. 24 at the Fillmore Detroit.

<3 dropkick murphys. seen them a bunch of times, local band here.

I got just a little guitar in last night. I got home later than expected, so I ran out of time before I had to go to bed.

Today I did my clubs. I had to abort the first set of shield casts, as my right hand grip failed on the fourth rep. I was able to shake it off during the rest break and finish the workout.

Sign in to follow this