• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
CapN_Tommy_Sunshine

CapN's Ranger/Bard Challenge

I do have a kettlebell, and the basic swing movement is almost identical. I got into clubs before I learned how to safely do more advanced maneuvers with kettlebells. I would say that they are definitely similar, as they are both awkward to wield so they force a lot of the stabilizer muscles to come into play. Both allow a mix of ballistic and grinding movements.

Remember, they are not toys, and you are not fighting zombies or robots or orc hordes or space aliens!!

*sigh* Way to take all the fun out of it... What about dinosaurs?

Remember, they are not toys, and you are not fighting zombies or robots or orc hordes or space aliens!!

*sigh* Way to take all the fun out of it... What about dinosaurs?

I think it is all right to pretend to fight dinosaurs! I guess it is ok to have fun with them. I just had to put the disclaimer in, so that no one gets hurt having too much fun! I sometimes feel like razing a village when swinging them.

Here are my goals for this challenge:

Goals this challenge:

Pretty much the same as the last couple of challenges.

1. Eat paleo/primal. Shouldn't be a problem, as my way of eating is pretty dialed in now.

2. Do my club swinging workout 3 times a week. I have formulated my starting routine, and will post the details for it the first time I do it this challenge.

3. Rangers need to be flexible, so I am going to continue to do my yoga DVD at least twice a week (!!!).

4. To satisfy my sub-class requirement, I am going to play my guitar as often as possible, but no less than three times a week for at least 30 minutes a session.

I have a couple of side quests that I hope to accomplish this challenge, but they are in secret rooms in the dungeon. If I am successful, I will post them for bonus points.

My results:

1. Pretty much nailed it, a couple of things here and there that were questionable. 90%

2. Hit every scheduled workout, and increased the duration. 100%

3. Yoga !!! I think I did this 3 times a week this challenge. 100%

4. I played a lot of guitar this month. I could have played more, however, I am really glad to have music back in my life. 90%

Side quests:

One of them was to set up my recording equipment. Completely failed.

Another was to quit smoking. I made an attempt, however as of now I am still a smoker. I will be making this a top priority for the next challenge.

There were a couple of other things that I wanted to do, however, I did not get around to doing these either.

Bonus goals: fail!

I did get one of the weekly challenges in, albeit a few days late. The Big Chill game was awesome, and I am part of a world record setting crowd, as verified by Guinness!

My starting weight was 217. Sunday, I was 211. Today I was 213. I lost at least 4 pounds this challenge.

Overall, I would say that I earned a solid B+.

Sign in to follow this