• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
CapN_Tommy_Sunshine

CapN's Ranger/Bard Challenge

This workout looks like it would be brutal:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0OfWdGNxHg

I will need to try it sometime, however with my much lighter 15 pound club, as opposed to the 45 pound one he is using. I think that I want to get one of the big clubs (when I am ready) for some killer two handed workouts, but for now I have my hands full with the ones I have.

This workout looks like it would be brutal:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0OfWdGNxHg

I will need to try it sometime, however with my much lighter 15 pound club, as opposed to the 45 pound one he is using. I think that I want to get one of the big clubs (when I am ready) for some killer two handed workouts, but for now I have my hands full with the ones I have.

hey, very interesting, something completely different. maybe ill try clubs next time i have to do a "try something new" challenge :)

hey, very interesting, something completely different. maybe ill try clubs next time i have to do a "try something new" challenge :)

Yeah, I definitely have to start doing the clockwork squats. I may replace my side swings with those.

This morning: Yoga !!! and 20 minutes of guitar.

You know, when Spezzy and I came up with the Weekly Challenges I had clubwork in mind for this week, and it totally slipped my mind! I suck! Now I'm dissapointed. I need to scrape up some clubs or club-like objects. $ is a bit tight, so I'd rather not have to buy something.

You know, when Spezzy and I came up with the Weekly Challenges I had clubwork in mind for this week, and it totally slipped my mind! I suck! Now I'm dissapointed. I need to scrape up some clubs or club-like objects. $ is a bit tight, so I'd rather not have to buy something.

It may be cheaper to make some. There are plenty of videos on Youtube showing DIY.

This one is made from plumbing pipe:

I have seen others using PVC plumbing pipe, however you would need to get some weight to add to it (lead shot, sand, or something similar). I have seen instructions for using the big plastic baseball bats and filling them with sand, although I don't think that they would be as stable (this would be the cheapest option -- a couple bucks for the bat, a couple more for a 50 pound bag of sand, a little duct tape to seal the hole that was needed to load the sand).

Yesterday, I had a bit of an issue with some homemade peanut brittle that one of my co-workers brought to work. It was totally worth it.

I am taking my rest day early, as I have to do a bit of traveling for Thanksgiving. Tomorrow I will be back to swinging my clubs.

It may be cheaper to make some. There are plenty of videos on Youtube showing DIY.

This one is made from plumbing pipe:

I have seen others using PVC plumbing pipe, however you would need to get some weight to add to it (lead shot, sand, or something similar). I have seen instructions for using the big plastic baseball bats and filling them with sand, although I don't think that they would be as stable (this would be the cheapest option -- a couple bucks for the bat, a couple more for a 50 pound bag of sand, a little duct tape to seal the hole that was needed to load the sand).

interesting. i may have to try this. thanks!

Club swinging for goodness! I tried a couple of sets of clockwork squats today. I really need to improve my form on these. One of the keys to club swinging is that all the movements should be smooth and flow into each other. I did not flow when doing the clockwork squats. I do need a squat movement in my routine, so I am going to work on these. I have determined that since I do need squats, I will start adding Barbarian squats to my routine. Barbarian squats are a two handed arm cast to flag position (arms fully extended in front of you), down into the squat. I have done these in the past, and my form is good, so it should be a good movement to use while I work on the clockwork squats.

I didn't overdo it too much yesterday for Thanksgiving, and stayed fairly paleo. Somehow, I avoided pie entirely. I am sure there was pie there, but I didn't even see it. I loaned my sister my copy of The Primal Blueprint, but I don't have high expectations of her implementing this lifestyle, but I figured it is worth trying. I know that my family are amazed at my results so far, so hopefully they decide to make some changes. The only vegetables at the T-day meal were the salad veggies I brought. I was the only one that ate a salad in my family (the only other person to eat salad was one of my niece's friends who was over for the holiday).

Good job making it through thanksgiving! I'm sure the family friend really appreciated the salad. My partner's family think vegetables are a garnish, and it's incredibly frustrating when you want to eat properly and flat out CANT.

I like the barbarian squats! That might help me get full depth.. I tend to overbalance and fall on my arse. I tell myself it's because I have a long thigh-to-shin ratio, and not a big butt. : P

Did the yoga routine this morning (!!!). I made some observations. I am still doing the heavily modified versions of the poses, but I am no longer shaking the whole time and I don't feel like I am going to fall over at any moment anymore. I am not ready to start moving to the more advanced poses, but it is getting better for me.

Today is the most important game of the college football season. Michigan v. Ohio State. I hope that Michigan can pull off the upset, but I am not counting on it. The defense cannot stop anything.

Clubs this morning. I added 4 sets of 8 barbarian squats. This really kicked my ass, but I am going to keep my club workouts at this level for a while. Thinking back to where I was in early September, I have made a ton of progress. I was doing 12 total sets at the beginning of September, and that was kicking my ass. I am now doing 24 total sets, with higher rep counts. This is giving me a similar ass kicking to the September workouts. Hooray, progress!

Bard skills +1. I played guitar for 45 minutes, which seems to be the top for the current state of my fingertips. Much better than the 20 minutes of pain I was having a while ago. I need to organize songs I know, and find several more to learn, so I don't play the same five songs every time I play. I also played around with a few chords that seem to work together the way I was playing them, and I can't think of any songs using them in this combination. Maybe I will get inspired to write something.

I woke up stupid early this morning, and since I couldn't fall back asleep, figured I may as well get to it.

I did the yoga routine, and then played guitar for 30 minutes. Going into work early, as it is almost month end, and they expect us to be pretty busy today and tomorrow.

I have no idea which yoga DVD it is. Just some generic one from the store (couldn't even tell you which store it was -- could have been Aldi, as I know they had a lot of fitness DVDs at the beginning of the year). I haven't improvised at all yet, but I have found myself doing a few moves here and there throughout the day to loosen up. It definitely seems to help.

It's when you get a random urge to do Down Dog in the middle of a crowded mall that you'll know you've been doing yoga too much. : P I managed to resist. Barely.

Sign in to follow this