Murphy's Roommate Learns to Type!

Hello Nerds!

It is good to be back!  I fell into work for a few months there.  Work life balance kind of completely fell apart, all the good stuff I did for myself went on back burner, and now I am in recovery mode.  Beyond me complaining about life, I have to confess to a personal shortcoming.  As a nerd, someone who has finished a nanowrimo novel, someone who uses a keyboard for a living, I am a hunt and peck typer.  It is ugly.  Hackity tap tap urgggh thwack thwack thwack backspace backspace groan.  And I am going to change that.  I have a keyboard that forces me to type properly.  It looks weird, but it makes my bad habit painful enough to drive change.

So goals.  Wouldn't be a challenge without some goals.  

Typing: practice 15 min a night.  Target number at end of challenge...  20 wpm?  My end goal is over a hundred wpm.

Pushups: 100 a day.  

Tai Chi: 3 classes a week, back to daily practice.

Good enough for government work as they say.  

- Murphy's Roomate

• Like 1

Following

It took me  a few months on Typing.com to become almost good at typing. I have since relapsed a little, but it is a useful skill to have. Even if it is just a way to look almost professional at a NaNo write in.

Level 8 : Wizard Blacksmith 

[ STR 6 | DEX 6 | STA 5 | CON 5 | WIS 10 | CHA 4 ]

Jakkals, 2019 nommer 3

Spoiler

Adapt yourself to the things among which your lot has been cast

and love sincerely the fellow creatures with whom destiny has

ordained that you shall live.

-Marcus Aurelius

Your favorite speak and spell is still at it.  Typing is going quite well.  Okay.  Less worse.  Pushups are coming along nicely, three days in a row!

Tai Chi is back on track.  I've gotten the 24 form down reasonably well, gross movements, working on the 42 form now.

Started watching "Stan Against Evil" and I can't but think how gamers would handle it.  Kind of like the Evil Dead series.  Pretty sure my gaming group would have a different response.

- Murphy's Roommate

• Like 1

Well then.  My shoulder gave in again.  I was rampaging on pushups, and that old problem reared up.  Giving it a few days to recover.

Typing is doing far better.  It has gotten a lot more fun to actually type and I now somewhat resent normal keyboards.

Tai Chi is proceeding apace.  The problem is that I am running out of time before I go back stateside.   It kinda kills me, when I watch my teacher do it, and then my wood shop butchery of what he does.  That would be the difference between me and someone who had trained for decades.

- Murphy's Roommate