• 3 x 5 single leg kettlebell RDL, 8kg
  • 3 x 10 kettlebell swings, 12kg
  • 3 x 10 barbell RDL, 30lb + bar
  • 3 x 10 barbell back squats, 10lb + bar
  • 3 x 12 barbell hip thrusts, 10lb + bar
  • 3 x 10 kettlebell calf raises, 10kg each side
  • 3 30 second planks

April 14:

Spent the day clearing out our spare room to make a nice mediation space.  Looking forward to using it!

April 15:

Should have been shoulder / chest / triceps day, but mowed the lawn instead.  The hill out front was a major workout!   May try to squeeze in a quick session before trivia tomorrow night.

April 17:

I was supposed to go to hot yoga tonight, but I was so so tired and not feeling well.  I had A LOT of carbs yesterday and I think that messed up my whole day today.  I haven't been getting my steps either.  It's OK though - I am going to treat this as a REST week.

• Like 1

April 21:

Legs and glutes.  Up to my max weight (by max weight, I mean weights that I own) on kettlebell swings and barbell RDL.

April 22:

Chest / shoulders / triceps day.  I think that bench press is one of my favorite lifts.

April 23:

Leg and glutes day!

My new barbell pad and lifting gloves arrived.  Back squats sooo much nicer with the barbell pad.  I was so tired that I nearly fell asleep during the last set.  I skipped the planks that I usually do at the end - too tired.  Plus I appear to have a pretty nasty case of tennis elbow.

April 24:

Rest day!  I ordered two 10-lb barbell plates so that I could up my lifting.  Yes, I am currently lifting that light.  I had mono a few years back and one of the side effects is that it destroys your upper body strength.  Two new plates will take me up to 50 lbs.

Going to bed earlier to get my much needed rest.

April 25:

Hot yoga.  I have been feeling kind of "off" all day, so hot yoga wasn't the usual uplifting experience.  Still feeling a little floopy today too.

April 26:

Resting today.  I am very tired!  I think that the medication that I am taking for anxiety and depression is the cause of my exhaustion.  I have started a supplement that hopefully will help counteract the effects as well as boost my metabolism a little. 

April 30:

Feel like I am getting a cold.  Doubled-up on workouts over the weekend - legs and glutes on Saturday morning, then back and biceps Saturday afternoon.  Took a rest day on Sunday.  Yesterday was chest / shoulders / triceps day.  I am starting to make weight improvements and even had to buy more weights!

The supplements that I am taking don't seem to have any negative effects so far, which is good.  I do feel that my metabolism has received a bit of a boost.  If I could get some rest(!), I could tell if the energy part of the supplement is working.

May 13:

I started the 5-day Thinner Leaner Stronger plan last week, and managed to complete three days of it before life got in the way.  I am switching up to the 4-day split this week.  My goal for the week is to get to bed early every night.  I am struggling big time with fatigue.  We have company coming into town next week for my daughter's graduation.  I keep telling myself that once I get through May, everything will calm down.  Just a couple more weeks ...

May 14:

One day into the new 4 day split and I like it better already.  Looking forward to tonight's workout.  Stayed on plan and hit my macros.  Got to bed on time.  I was awake in the middle of the night for a bit, but overall I am feeling much better today.

Last night's Back, Butt, and Biceps workout was pretty intense, but I enjoyed it.  I am now maxed out on deadlifts with the weights I have (62 lbs).  I have ordered some more weights.  I really didn't think I would be progressing this quickly!

What was hilarious though was that I had ALL the weights on the barbell for deadlifts, but could BARELY do 10 lb bicep curls.  I guess I know what I need to work on!