The art of the parody.

Personally I think there is (almost) as much skill in creating a good parody as there is in creating a good original song.  Please share your favourite parodies/funny songs to brighten up a dull March day. 

There’s a lot of political satire and parodies out there just now, many of which are genuinely funny (Randy Rainbow is one of my current favourites) but everyone please remember to respect the fact that other people have different views and/or find different things funny.  If you don’t like what someone else has posted then don’t watch it, simples.  We should all be grown up enough to not take it personally that someone holds a different view/belief. 

With that in mind, here’s my first offering.  

The video is of a local, Shetland man so I thought I should give you some local vocab to help clarify the lyrics. 

Hellary - junk, rubbish or clutter

Constabulary - British word for the police

Sutherlands - local petrol station

Amenity Trust - a branch of the local council (who scrap vehicles, amongst other things). 

• Like 1

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

Weird Al is low-hanging fruit, but the man's got an undeniable gift for the parody genre:

"If you would improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid." - Epictetus

"You just gotta listen to your body, unless it's saying anything about stopping, pain, your joints, or needing water."

Level 20 Pilgrim (Adventurer 7, Assassin 3, Druid 2, Monk 10, Ranger 5, Rebel 9, Scout 10, Warrior 4)

2 hours ago, Nomad Jay said:

Weird Al is low-hanging fruit, but the man's got an undeniable gift for the parody genre:

I think this is my new Weird Al favourite...

• Like 1

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

I have a good friend who does Chinese Geopolitical/Macro-economic rap parodies.  He only has a few that he has put to music videos but this in my favorite of those:

We Love our FAI (Fixed Asset Investment)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread   Challenge Log   Bodyweight Exercise Library   Recipe Book   Shuffle Club 

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

The King Falls AM podcast had a couple of episodes that parodied NPR pretty hard, completely with slightly self-righteous host and way more human interest than substance. It was perfection.

• Like 1

"If you would improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid." - Epictetus

"You just gotta listen to your body, unless it's saying anything about stopping, pain, your joints, or needing water."

Level 20 Pilgrim (Adventurer 7, Assassin 3, Druid 2, Monk 10, Ranger 5, Rebel 9, Scout 10, Warrior 4)

Seconding anything from Weird Al.

Maybe it's not a parody of a song, but more of a real life, but SNL have some gems, this one being my current favorite.

I absolutely CAN run on caffeine and hatred. But only with a dash of milk.

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

Not gonna Challenge anymore for now. I took Steve's words and started thinking in days and years. Challenges are just short-term distractions. 

#16 | #15 (Xmas mini) |  #14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10 | #9 | #8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2 | #1

Other activities: Bike build

The Great Reading Thread of 2024

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scalyfreak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32; Ch 33; Ch 34; Ch 35; Ch 36; Ch 37; Ch 38; Ch 39; Ch 40; Intermission V; Ch 41; Ch 42; Ch 43; Ch 44; Ch 45; Ch 46; Ch 47; Intermission VI; Ch 48; Ch 49; Ch 50