Tateman: Time is wasting, I have to get it in!

Tateman

Ok, back in full time for this challenge. I've been kind of floating these last few months. I've also been way overeating, which makes it hard to lose weight ;)

I have my Nationals bowling tournament coming up at the end of May. I want to see if I can drop a bit more weight and be in better shape to give everyone that shock and awe. A few of them I only see once a year. Plus, I have been in this rut now, and I need to get out of it. I need to get in some bowling practice too, so maybe this challenge, or next I will start it up. 

Goal#1: Food tracking and Intermittent fasting

I have been off and on with this over the last month or so. I want to get back at it. I want to get fasting added back in with my tracking. 11 AM to 6 PM is my planned  eating window. I can go longer before my first meal, but no eating after 6. I want any temptation for snacking to go away again. Track all the food in cronometer. I have an idea of where my calories should be at, but I will run some calculators too to get an idea as well. I'm sure not over 2300 depending on how hard I am working out, and running.

Tracking + fasting = 2 points per day. 14 total for the week.

Goal#2: Get in the rest

I have been really bad with this. Sleep pattern is all over the place. I feel tired, and it makes for worse decisions during the day. I need to get my routine back, and get my much needed resting in.

10:30 PM off the computer/TV/whatever. Get to reading. 11:30 PM off to bed. 

Forgot to add that I do let myself have a gaming night with friends on Saturday. So I will not count that one night.

5 points per day, 30 points per week.

Goal#3: Move it!

I want to continue to get my running in. I had some setbacks with being sick. Starting back on Week 4 Day 1 on Monday for C25k. I also want to get in workouts. Last time I tried, I think I tried to pile up too much. I am doing it somewhat this challenge, but changing things up.

Run days: Monday, Wednesday, Friday

Workout days: Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday

Sunday is rest day.

I want to also make sure I hit 10,000 steps on my fitbit.

For my workout days, I want get get myself into the gym, but give myself many options as well. One time per week, I want to get to the gym to workout. I can go all 3 times if I wish, but 1 time per week for sure. I've been watching Celtic Warrior Workouts (Sheamus from WWE) and his series of Brave Change workouts. He is doing whatever workouts, just getting outside his comfort zone. As a wrestling fan, it is kinda cool to see him interact with the others too. Plus, you think some of the workouts are not bad, but you see how much they kick even his butt. Now, I am not doing these workouts myself.. yet ;) Still though, kind of inspiring. I am going to look up a few different workouts I can do, and switch things up each time. That way I can keep things fresh.

Running day 5 points.

Workout day 5 points.

10k steps each day 5 points per day 

Sunday is rest day.

60 points per week.

Goal#4: Check in!

I have been no been checking in as much as I should have. This first week is minimum days at my son's school, so I will probably be sitting there all day. (other then running and walking around a bit) No excuse to not be able to check in here then. I am going to add points, just to make it more that I will want to do it ;)

1 point per day. 7 points per week.

Week#1 (3/18 - 3/24): 92/111 = 82%

Week#2 (3/25 - 3/31): 108.5/111 = 97%

Week#3 (4/01 - 4/07): 0/111

Week#4 (4/08 - 4/14): 0/111

Measurements: (probably only weight this time)

Weight: 269.9 lbs / 

• Like 6

Got in my run this morning :) That alone got me to 7,300 steps. Bowling is usually good for 2-3000. Should have the step goal in the bag today. Felt like a good run today. It was warmer out, so no jacket today. Felt I was pushing a bit harder today. I still feel tired out haha. No food yet. Sitting near the school waiting to get my kid in a couple of hours. There is a pokemon go raid happening in the near by park in about 45 minutes. I might walk over to try doing that. 

Last night was my "Last time to do this before the challenge" thing. So I was up a bit later, and I ate a bunch. I think with that, I have some extra water weight this morning. I figure if I stick with things this week, I bet I drop a decent amount of weight just from losing the water weight :)

• Like 5

Yesterday went well mostly.

I got in my run in the morning. 10,886 total steps for the day. So running and bowling got me to 10k.

All food was logged. I didn't have my first food until 2:45 PM.  1993 Calories, 12.2 net carbs.

I also did get in reading last night, and was off to bed by 11:25 PM. Didn't sleep the best, but hopefully, I will as I get more use to getting into my routine again.

Also made plenty of posting here at NF :)

• Like 6

c25k is the best and I am jealous. 

You are also the best. Woo.

• Like 2

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Tuesday:

Things went pretty decent. 

I didn't eat until 2:30 PM. I actually was done eating before 4 PM, but the wife made some smoked sausage and other stuff for their dinner. So I grabbed a little bit of sausage and finished it about 6 PM.  2341 calories, 22.7 grams of net carbs. So slightly over what I want calorie and net carb wise. Still not too bad though overall.

My sleep was done on time. I got in reading, but the wife i sick. So her waking up, and me just not being able to get in a solid sleep is leaving me tired today. Still, I did what I could. Eventually my body will re adjust to getting to sleep at this time :)

I did get in my step goal yesterday. 10,566 steps. My workout I actually did do too, though I left it until almost bed time. I did it after my raid in World of Warcraft ;)

Workout was:

3 x 10 incline push ups (leaning against the kitchen counter)

3 x 10 doorway rows

3 x 10 wrist curls (15 lbs)

3 x 10 reverse wrist curls (15 lbs)

1 x 20 dumbbell curls (15 lbs)

2 x 10 dumbbell curls (15 lbs) (I did do one rep with 25 lbs, but felt I couldn't handle it for very many reps)

I even got over here at NF a few times :) 

• Like 6
18 minutes ago, Tateman said:

It's much easier for me to get them mostly in during the morning when I drop off my kid :) Otherwise, I only end up being 2000 steps haha

That is basically my average unless its a horse night lol. 

Great job on your work out! I hope your wifey is feeling better soon :( Everyone here seems to be getting sick lately with this weather change. Good ol' Canada.

• Like 2

{Chase the wind and touch the sky; I will fly}

14 minutes ago, Rookie said:

That is basically my average unless its a horse night lol. 

Great job on your work out! I hope your wifey is feeling better soon :( Everyone here seems to be getting sick lately with this weather change. Good ol' Canada.

Yeah, this is round two for he. Just able the whole family was sick. Little one is going through congestion again, and the wife was almost better, but seems to be right back to major sick. :(

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Sending chicken soup vibes to your entire family!

• Like 3

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

21 hours ago, fleaball said:

Sending chicken soup vibes to your entire family!

Thanks!

21 hours ago, Countess D'If said:

UGH! 2019! We give! UNCLE! Enough!!

453ff9020a6d71c24616914ed5e034.jpg

Agreed!

Wife went to doctors last night. She still has fluid in her ears, and sinus infection still  happening. I picked up the youngest from school yesterday, and there was all kinds of stuff all over his shirt. I asked him what that was, and he said "I used my shirt as my booger rag" :blink: so nasty haha

• Haha 2

Wednesday went mostly fine. I got in my run.

It took awhile, but I did get in my 10k steps. 10,042 steps. 

Food wise, I at at 2:30 PM and finished by 5:30 PM. 2094 calories, 21.4 net carbs. I think one item I tracked is not quite correct in cronometer. So I think my carbs were actually lower. Still close enough to not really worry about it.

Sleep wise, I didn't quite hit the mark. I got off my computer at 10:45 vs 10:30. Then took the dog out to walk. I finished my steps then at least haha. I did head off to bed at 11:30 though, so I kept that on track. Just had a little short reading widow was all.

I forgot to mention I had someone compliment me the other day. Parent and teachers conference time at kids school. I was running around with the youngest out at the playground. One lady told me that she wanted to mention to me that I am doing an amazing job getting healthier. :) I told her thanks. 110 lbs last year. It is sometimes hard to see yourself that way, but cool when others do notice.

• Like 6
2 hours ago, Tateman said:

I picked up the youngest from school yesterday, and there was all kinds of stuff all over his shirt. I asked him what that was, and he said "I used my shirt as my booger rag" :blink: so nasty haha

So I shouldn't laugh, but I have had (have) the same conversations. I ma trying to teach mine that uses the shirt to use a handkerchief. But I also admit if I have to sneeze, I sometimes just pull my shirt over my nose and do that since my hands are usually full and can't do the whole "chicken wing" thing. 

• Like 1

You are never too old to set another goal or dream a new dream - C.S. Lewis

1 hour ago, Bean Sidhe said:

So I shouldn't laugh, but I have had (have) the same conversations. I ma trying to teach mine that uses the shirt to use a handkerchief. But I also admit if I have to sneeze, I sometimes just pull my shirt over my nose and do that since my hands are usually full and can't do the whole "chicken wing" thing. 

Yup. If I have to do it, I try to at least use the inside or something haha

• Like 1