Nettis prepares to fight by sitting still.

Nettis Clovenmark felt the aches in her knees as she squatted in the brush, observing the narrow animal trail leading down to the river.  She had been out in the forest for days, ever since the sickness came to the village.  She knew that the link must be in the meat the hunters brought back, but Nettis was no hunter.  Her attempts to find the deer and geese were all ending in frustration.  In order to solve the mystery Nettis would have to work on getting quiet, being still, finding calm inside herself.  She would have to make her body flexible enough to fit into small spaces and remain still while the animals approached her.  

Nettis stood and stretched, shaking her head and making her ear tips flap and chasing off the gnats.  A deer snorted and dashed off through the underbrush, startled by her loudness. She sighed in frustration.  This was going to take some work.

--,--'-@   @-,--'--

Coming into this  spring and this year with two injured knees and  limited mobility made it a bit challenging to figure out how to move forward into a new challenge following my reboot.  I have decided to continue some goals from last month focusing on meditation and yoga in order to  keep working  on being comfortable in my body.  As well, I am working to attain NFA diet level 3 this challenge.  In terms of leveling up my life, I plan to focus on creative space and enrichment in my life. 

GOAL1: Nutrition. I am going to be working the NF Academy 10 level system in order to move towards level 7 as a long term stopping point. This month I am shooting for level 3.  I will track my calories and macros on MyFitnessPal 7/7 days with the goal being to have at least 1 vegetable in  every meal and  limited liquid calories 12/14 days. The challenge gives me 2-ish tries to get it right. 

GOAL 2: Meditation. I used to have a robust daily meditation practice and I miss the mental clarity and  the ritual of it.  I will meditate at least 10 minutes daily, 7 ays a week. 

GOAl 3: Movement. Due to the knees I am keeping low-to-no impact until I lose 50 lbs. My movement goal will be yoga for 10 minutes 5 days a week. 

LEVEL UP MY LIFE: Creativity I neglect my creative development all the time. I am a fiber artist and a  writer.  Both of these passions are things that I want to grow, but that I never seem to find the time to do properly.  I have finally been given my own office at work and I want to put  some of my  weaving up.  I also have several writing projects including  a YA novel,  a DnD campaign and 2 professional CEU trainings to work on.  As such, I will  plan to spend 5 hours on each of these passions weekly. 

• Like 1

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity. The fears are paper tigers. You can do anything you decide to do. You can act to change and control your life; and the procedure, the process is its own reward. -Amelia Earhart

Current Challenge: Tale of Nettis Clovenmark: CH 1: Stillness 

Ze/Zer/Zers

Day One:  So far I reset my macros and logged all my food.  I  did Starbucks for breakfast because I was running late,  but I got plain coffee with half and half and a breakfast sandwich instead of a pastry and a sugary drink.  I want to do some intermittent fasting and I am thinking that due to  being a therapist and working most of the hours of my day I might  do an 8 hour fast between breakfast and dinner most days, maybe mix in some 24 hour fasts in the long term. 

Meditation: done.  I am using insight timer, but not really gelling with a particular meditation plan yet.  I might just  do a 30 days of calm or something. 

Yoga:  scheduled for my  2 hour break today

Creativity: I had a cancelation and spent  an hour working on  world building for my  book.  It felt extremely hard,  but also really good.  If   I can  keep moving forward on this I might actually be moving on a draft by the end of the month. 

This has been a great first day so far. Now I just have  my break nad 3 more clients and I'm home for meatloaf night!

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity. The fears are paper tigers. You can do anything you decide to do. You can act to change and control your life; and the procedure, the process is its own reward. -Amelia Earhart

Ze/Zer/Zers

Solid goals! Sorry to hear about your knees, but it sounds like you've got a good strategy to move forward! 

• Like 1

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

3 hours ago, raptron said:

Solid goals! Sorry to hear about your knees, but it sounds like you've got a good strategy to move forward! 

Thanks!   I am super hopeful.  This is the first time in my life where I have  gotten injured  while being  sedentary and unfit.  I *never* want to experience anything like this ever again. 

Ze/Zer/Zers

DAY TWO:  I am working out of my primary office in Uptown. It is my favorite place in the whole city besides  my house.  I  have a view of the lake in the distance and I am on  the 10th floor of a weird old historic building and  my office is  huge with a giant window.  I am  currently in the process of personalizing it and making it feel homey and comforting for my clients.  Today I brought in the first few plants and  I am just so excited.  I have anew rug coming next week and  my weaving projects for this month are  some throw cushions and  a 2 part wall hanging.  I will  attach some pictures as I do my first couple of hours. 

Meditation: done. Started a 7 days of calm, because I was feeling the need for some guided meditation and focus. 

Yoga:  done.

Creativity: I had another  cancelation and spent an hour working on world building for my  book.  I am fleshing out the town setting and working to  build places of interest and create a map.  Next is  creating the woodlands where the shapeshifters live.  Did I mention I am writing a YA queer shapeshifter novel set in rural PA?  yeah. :P

Ze/Zer/Zers

Giant windows. <333 PLANTS! <333

16 hours ago, Nettis Clovenmark said:

Creativity: I had another  cancelation and spent an hour working on world building for my  book.  I am fleshing out the town setting and working to  build places of interest and create a map.  Next is  creating the woodlands where the shapeshifters live.  Did I mention I am writing a YA queer shapeshifter novel set in rural PA?  yeah. :P

Yessss.

• Like 1

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

Well I did not sleep at all Tuesday night.  Thanks anxiety, you suck.  That meant Wednesday was kind of a bust. I had no energy  for creative process and I plum forgot to meditate. Back on track with things today though.  

DAY THREE:  zzzzzzz..... wha?

Meditation: Noope! Totally forgot. 

Yoga:  No, too sleepy

Creativity:  What's that?

DAY FOUR:  I have been doing work projects and  rewatching the OA to get ready for the second season release.  Today is my slammed day,  so no fancy plans for me, just work.

Meditation: done. Made up yesterday's too. 

Yoga:  done.

Creativity: No time.  I am off tomorrow,  so I plan to  get a bunch done then.

Ze/Zer/Zers

Dang you, anxiety! Stay away from the precious sleep time! 

Raptron, alot assassin

3 hours ago, raptron said:

Dang you, anxiety! Stay away from the precious sleep time! 

OH MY GOD!! RIGHT!!?!!?!?  I had  terrible insomnia  in my 20s and did a  ton of  sleep hygiene work  to fix it,  but every now and then it still gets me. Luckily I slept the last two nights and feel pretty normal again. 

Ze/Zer/Zers

hey! I had a challenge once with a knee injury and it was the pits but being here and sticking to the goals you have is 10,000% the best course of action!

2014! #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 2015! #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | 2016! #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 | #23 | 2017! #24 | #25 | #26 | #27 | #28 | #29 | #30 | #31 | #32 | #33 | 2018! #34 | #35 | #36 | #37v1 | #37v2 | 2019! #38 | #39 | #40reference materials | academy battle log

mermaid ninja assassin. on a motorcycle. with swords. and knitting needles. and kittens.