• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

JustCallMeAmber

JustCallMeAmber replaces her placeholder

16 hours ago, Harriet said:

Is this normal. I don't wear glasses, so I don't know. But it doesn't seem quite right. 

16 hours ago, scalyfreak said:

Falling asleep while still wearing glasses? Sure it's normal. Think about all the times someone drifts off on the couch mid-afternoon, after reading in bed, and so on.

^^what she said. I'm forever falling asleep on the couch while reading, etc. so they sometimes find themselves askew. The frames have a bit of spring to them, but they eventually stopped flexing back to their original shape. So, I spend half my day pushing them back in place so I can see properly.

11 hours ago, Harriet said:

Oh, I was imagining JustCallMeAmber wearing them to bed deliberately, as one does pyjamas. 

...I mean, if they were nightvision I might.

Actually, no, I'd rather not see my cats staring at me in the darkness.

13 hours ago, RedStone said:

Oof girl, I hope you did better on watch bands than I did! My Gear band fell apart and I ordered a cool one which turned out to be itchy and awful and I kind of love not having to wear it anymore. But I also kind of miss having a watch...

So far, so good. Fortunately my skin doesn't seem to have any adverse reaction to the elastomer (sp?) material. (Which is good as I was just gifted a variety pack with 15 colors.) I don't blame you for not wanting to wear it! That would 100% not be worth it. Also, I get missing wearing a watch too. I've worn one for so long I think I'd walk in circles from not having it to counter balance lol

Also, HI! :)

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, JustCallMeAmber said:

Actually, no, I'd rather not see my cats staring at me in the darkness.

Image result for cat staring at me while i sleep

• Haha 2

Week 3 summary.

Bed at 9:30. 3/5. I will state for the record that I was still in bed by 10 on those other 2 nights. So, it wasn't that bad.

No evening ‘eating AND ___’. Honestly I haven't been able to do this consistently enough to break the unpleasantness of listening to myself chew.

Read more non-fiction / One non fic to every non fic. (Can substitute classic fiction if I get bored quickly.)  Um. So I did get an auto-download. (Told ya!) BUT, I think it's close enough to still meet the category? It tells of places of historical significance, they just also include some local flavor...  The World of Lore: Dreadful Places   Finished! Also got a biography which sounded intriguing at the time, but as I was half asleep, I recall nada in terms of who/what I'll actually be reading about.

2 new recipes by the end of the challenge. Made hoisin sauce ala nom nom paleo. Did not enjoy, found it to be much too sweet. Also made a bok choy stir fry that had stellar reviews but, meh. Had an odd taste of vinegar or something. It's better mixed in with laap and cauliflower rice. But would not make it again.

Journal. Did well with this. Logged something on 5 of 7 days.

Checkity boxes

Darn/toss/bleach socks. 1st of two rollover goals from last challenge. I THINK I’ve rounded up all of the ones with holes in them now. Now I get to decide if they spark enough joy to warrant the time it would take to repair them. I also want to bleach out some of the white ones I wear when I run because I sometimes run when it’s muddy. Check! Final count for repair: 5. The 'bleach' was not a rousing success, but they're definitely cleaner. (I used a bunch of color-safe stuff before throwing in a little actual chlorine at the end. I didn't want to over-do and kill the elastic in the socks.) I also washed my lifting chucks.

Eye doctor. I do NEED new glasses. The ones I have are nearing the 4 year mark and the lenses are showing their age. (To say nothing of the worn-out hinges from sleeping in them too often.) And between you, me and the fence post, I did have a leetle bit of trouble reading one of the lines at the DMV this morning. (Plus, I want sunglasses. I miss having ones that don’t look like cataract glasses.) Finally setup the appointment! Also spent some time on zenni 'trying on' frames. Fortunately I'm not picky..

giphy.gif

(I do not exaggerate when I say I tried on 50 pairs of frames the last time I shopped for glasses. This is partly why I've put this off for a while.)

New watch bandCheck! Warranty replacement on the way.

Daily Devo 7/7, plus memorization for accountabilibuddies. Actually still working on March's. Keep wanting to mix up lines.

Daily duo 5/7. Bonus: 3

Skin care 7/7.

Walking. 7/7. 8k steps 78 weeks straight. 10k bonus: 6

#Yoga365 730 1095 . 7/7. Bonus 3. Don't forget front split practice! Done!

Week 3 was a mixed bag. Got some stuff done. Won the weekly pvp step 'race'. Felt like I spent a remarkable amount of time in the kitchen. Did some weird/nitpicky cleaning (straightening the linens in the closet, etc.). Ran the gamut between feeling all of the stresss and generally feeling like:

giphy.gif

to pretty much not wanting to do anything ever:

giphy.gif

But honestly, any week that includes steak and presents is a good week. :)

Let's make the finale a good week too, steak or not. :D

giphy.gif

Spoiler

giphy.gif

Completely unrelated to anything, but tell me I was not the only one that full on ugly cried when she won?

• Like 3

Yo, sounds like solid progress all around! I feel you on the decisionmaking with frames - it's a commitment to pick something you'll wear all. the. time!

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Mike Wazowski said:

Yo, sounds like solid progress all around!

Thanks! :)

22 hours ago, Mike Wazowski said:

I feel you on the decisionmaking with frames - it's a commitment to pick something you'll wear all. the. time!

YES. This is what my face is going to look like for the next 2-4+ years unless my rx changes enough to go through the hassle again. I mean, even if I only look in the mirror once per day for the next 3 years, that's over 1000 times I will see those frames surrounding my eyes. It's gotta be right!