Couch to 5K - 30th March 2019 to 1 June 2019

Disclaimer: I hate running and haven’t run for more than a bus in years! 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A number of us (it might be 100%!) are sub-optimal in the running department.

How about a couch-to-5k to rev the NF crew up? It’s a zero to hero, couch to 5K program, designed as it says to get you from the couch to a 5k run.

9 weeks of terrible dreadful pain and suffering in your time, then it’s over and you can get back to your pint!

This is the  app that outlines the program and guides you through it, there’s a small cost (less than $5):

iPhone: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/couch-to-5k/id448474423?mt=8
Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.active.aps.c25k

Start next week on Saturday 30th March…..9 weeks later on Saturday 1st June at 8am(!) we’ll do a virtual team 5K using a local Park Run

Lycra optional! 

Who’s in?

OK back to my beer…

@DarK_RaideR help me out bro...

Endor, LVL 45 Half-Elf Ranger 

PR and Motivation Log | Current Battle Log 

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

I've been meaning to do some running as the weather gets warmer and with @EricMN sounding serious about visiting Sparta this year, I probably need to step up my game. Sadly, I can't afford to spend any money on the app (yeah, I'm that tight) but if you're willing to have me in using another (free) app or just for generic accountability, I can probably keep up. Since neither of us is doing the Open this year, I might as well defeat you in another field :P

• Haha 1

Lvl 60 Multitasker

Baking (2)🧁, Charisma (4)🕶️s, Cooking (7)🍳Fitness (2)💪💪,  Gourmet Cooking (3), Handiness (0), Media Production (6)🎬🎬🎬🎬🎬, Mixology (3)🍸, Research & Debate (1)📖 Video Gaming (3)🎮🎮, Wellness (2)

On 3/23/2019 at 12:52 AM, DarK_RaideR said:

I've been meaning to do some running as the weather gets warmer and with @EricMN sounding serious about visiting Sparta this year, I probably need to step up my game. Sadly, I can't afford to spend any money on the app (yeah, I'm that tight) but if you're willing to have me in using another (free) app or just for generic accountability, I can probably keep up. Since neither of us is doing the Open this year, I might as well defeat you in another field :P

Awesome, yeah the free apps also look good, or even just a written version if you can follow it. The "official" one looked ok for me and I want some sort of investment to keep me accountable, free one is all good though. I've managed to rope in 1 guy from work as well, so a little crew will be great :) I foolishly suggested a 5k Park Run on the final Saturday...public humiliation if I can't finish it all running!

On 3/23/2019 at 10:00 AM, theophilus said:

Here for this!

Awesome, a scout has answered the call to arms :) What's this mapmy run thingy in your signature? 

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

20 hours ago, Endor said:

Awesome, a scout has answered the call to arms :) What's this mapmy run thingy in your signature? 

Not sure I'll follow the C25K plan, but I'll shoot to run the 5k with y'all. Gotta represent my guild!

MapMyRun is a tracking app I've used for my runs. Any aspiring scouts would do well to look into it or Strava (which is what I'm using more these days).

• Like 1

Chapter 25: Theophilus is Mostly Done

Volume 1: Meanderings (2015 - 2020): 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23

Volume 2: The Bar and the Bellwether (2021): 24 | 25

"May your curse in life be that your hard work is constantly mistaken for talent."

4 hours ago, theophilus said:

Not sure I'll follow the C25K plan, but I'll shoot to run the 5k with y'all. Gotta represent my guild!

MapMyRun is a tracking app I've used for my runs. Any aspiring scouts would do well to look into it or Strava (which is what I'm using more these days).

Cool, I haven't heard of Strava. I was just looking at the C25K app it tracks the runs for you and ticks off progress by the looks of it so should be fun. 

Following the program is not mandatory, joining in the run will be great, we can compare times and tips! 

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

2 hours ago, EricMN said:

I'm in. I need some run accountability and this will help.

Awesome, good to have some experienced folks for tips along the way. I used to do a lot of cross country at school, that was 25 yrs ago though!!

• Like 1

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

10 hours ago, Sylvaa said:

Why is this in the PVP section? Asking for a friend. :D 

Because apparently @Endor can't stop being competitive when I'm involved. Could be moved to the Accountabilidillydaddly section though.

Also:

On 3/22/2019 at 3:52 PM, DarK_RaideR said:

with @EricMN sounding serious about visiting Sparta this year, I probably need to step up my game.

turns out he was dead serious! :O

• Like 2

Lvl 60 Multitasker

Baking (2)🧁, Charisma (4)🕶️s, Cooking (7)🍳Fitness (2)💪💪,  Gourmet Cooking (3), Handiness (0), Media Production (6)🎬🎬🎬🎬🎬, Mixology (3)🍸, Research & Debate (1)📖 Video Gaming (3)🎮🎮, Wellness (2)

5 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

Also:

On 3/22/2019 at 9:52 AM, DarK_RaideR said:

with @EricMN sounding serious about visiting Sparta this year, I probably need to step up my game.

turns out he was dead serious! :O

I saw this and it was 100% the best thing ever! Now you just need to convince a number of other nerds to come and at least cheer you all on. 

• Like 3
On 3/28/2019 at 6:46 PM, DarK_RaideR said:

Because apparently @Endor can't stop being competitive when I'm involved. Could be moved to the Accountabilidillydaddly section though.

Guilty. :untroubled: Don't mind if you want to move it though, probs better in the other spot. 

• Haha 1

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Apparently Saturday is Monday down under! It was pouring down on Sat morning and I made excuses all weekend after that, raining pretty hard today too, hopefully if it stops later this evening I'll go out. 

• Like 1

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Got my first run done! Well it's a walk/jog at first but I'm so out of shape a jog feels like a run! 

Never had sore breasts before....definitely need to shift some kilo's! 

If anyone is on the App my username is DomRuns

Also no running gifs in this thread, wtf?! 

giphy.gif

• Like 3

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

3 hours ago, Endor said:

Never had sore breasts before....definitely need to shift some kilo's! 

I'm not sure that you are actually allowed to complain about this (just saying)!

I've downloaded the app I am using (not the same one, but probably a similar - I think most follow a similar pattern. My overall goal is to work on speed through this go round, since I already know I can run a 5K. I'm going to try it this evening, but might bump back until tomorrow depending on how my legs feel. 

Also:

what-feel-like-wheni-go-running-what-iac

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Here's one for @darkfoxx

giphy.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Lvl 60 Multitasker

Here's one for [mention=12527]darkfoxx[/mention]
giphy.gif

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS!!!!

That’s my version of heaven right there! [emoji7][emoji7]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

Level 87 Wood Elf Druid

Druid: || 59 | 60 | 61 | 61.5 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 8485 | 86 | 87  ||

Ranger: || 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 ||

||Char/RPG||
STR: 57 || DEX: 59 || STA: 52 || CON: 47 || WIS: 59 || CHA: 59

7 hours ago, Sylvaa said:

I'm not sure that you are actually allowed to complain about this (just saying)!

Even if you're a male?!

Thought I'd have sore quads today but seem ok and I slept pretty well...think this is going to be good for me :) 

• Like 1

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

5 minutes ago, Sylvaa said:

Especially if you are a male. (Note: I wanted to put a Bane meme in here, but I couldn't find one that I could actually post using my work computer). 

I'll look forward to that later then ;) 

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Not much running to report, but I did just sign up for a 5k on May 11th so there's that.

• Like 3

Lvl 60 Multitasker