Alethea's Grove with bunnies and stuff

Alethea

Race: Crippled half-dwarf. 5'4", 134 lbs, I gain muscle easily and lose fat slowly. If I were a caveman I'd be set, but unfortunately I sit for a living. And yes. Still in foot cast until the end of November, but at least I have a walking-cast so I can take it off for yoga if I'm careful.

Profession: Druid. 2 months of yoga and pilates have slimed me out a bit, but I want to get leaner and more fluid. I dream of assassins and look forward to the day.

Goals:

1. Flexibility:

Yoga minimum 30 minutes a day, 7 days a week.

6 hours total in a week gets me an A+.

2. Strength:

2.(a) Pilates minimum 30 minutes a day, 5 days a week.

2.(B) 2 other strength-based workouts a week, focusing on upper body.

5 pilates days in a week + 2 upper body workouts = A+

3. Nutrition:

Track my food every day: I eat 80% primal fairly effortlessly, but I either eat not nearly enough, or too much. I need to Sort This Out, as it's my primary stumbling block.

4. Life Goal:

My other primary stumbling block! Sleep minimum 7 hours a night. I've been averaging 4-6 weekdays, then sleeping 10-12 on weekends. Ugh.

Also, I need to Sort Out university - courses required, courses I have credit for through college schooling, fees, feasability, etc. A girl can dream.

I like encouragement, I like suggestions, I like a good hard kick in the arse to straighten me out when needed. I DONT like sympathy. "Awww, you did your best" doesn't help me when I know I DIDN'T do my best. Kick! Hard!

My facebook can be found via http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php? ... 1395982396 . I may get twitter, depending on how ambitious I feel. I've never used it in my life. 140 characters max? HAH!

"Let another say. 'Perhaps the worst will not happen.' You yourself must say. 'Well, what if it does happen? Let us see who wins!' ".

- Seneca, 63 AD

"There is no better way to fight weakness than with strength." - Henry Rollins

OMG. your title! You win already!

I think we are probably pretty similar in build and metabolism type although I work on my feet so I burn more whether I like it or not. I did half an hour of pilates today and thought of you.

alr

"The future will be different if we make the present different."

Peter Maurin

!!! Pilates!

Quite possibly. I miss working warehouse, but the heaviest thing I lift nowadays is a 2 inch binder.

"Let another say. 'Perhaps the worst will not happen.' You yourself must say. 'Well, what if it does happen? Let us see who wins!' ".

- Seneca, 63 AD

So many people! Not enough time to read them all and accomplish my goals! DAMN YOU CLOCK! (I suspect you'll hear that a lot over the next 28 days...)

Day 1:

1. Yoga: 30 minutes, after my shower, after I hit "submit". Possibly 45 min, but hitting crunch time before bedtime.

2. Strength: Yup! 30 minutes pilates, at 6:30 this morning. Ouch. I have not been keeping up with things the past week, and that was humbling. Self, prepare to get your arse kicked into shape. *shake fist... at... arse?*

3. Nutrition:

I tracked it! I tracked it! The whole flipping day! Discovered to my chagrine that I was under my min calories, so just chomped down on a few pieces of bacon. Mmmm, bacon before yoga. Also, Spezzy and... someone? I need to double check that, are geniouses for suggesting the egg-in-a-muffin-tin-wrapped-in-bacon. Had that for dinner and it was delightful and convienent. Next time, I shall add spices. High in carbs, bit low in protein, but I dared to have a banana. 27 carbs! Yeesh!

1346 Calories

87.4g of Fat

85.9g of Protein

65.3g of Carbs

4. Reasonable Bed Time:

So far so good. Slept horribly last night, so should be plenty tired when the time comes. Bed, you and I have a date.

- Seneca, 63 AD

yes egg wrapped in bacon! so good!

and you're kicking my butt already, alethea. big time.

Spezzy, the Arcane Skirmisher
Chaotic Good Quarter Elf Slayer/Magus
STR: 21 / DEX: 17 / CON: 14 / INT: 15 / CHA 15
“There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind.”

I tracked it! I tracked it! The whole flipping day! Discovered to my chagrine that I was under my min calories, so just chomped down on a few pieces of bacon.

I've noticed that when I track I tend to eat less, then I come in under my minimum too. Funny how that works. Darn you psychological tricks!

I am tracking, and I still ate a thousand calories of junk today! Darn you shame and remorse! Crunches ahoy!

I actually learned a good lesson today: look it up BEFORE you eat it

I had no idea that nuts had so many calories...

one thing i learned in ww: write it before you bite it.

nuts are extremely good for you, but also extremely high in calories. for example, 1 almond =~ 7 cals.

Spezzy, the Arcane Skirmisher
Chaotic Good Quarter Elf Slayer/Magus
STR: 21 / DEX: 17 / CON: 14 / INT: 15 / CHA 15
“There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind.”

Oh I totally knew what I was doing. I just decided that 1000 calories of sugar would be worth it. I am used to eating enough to keep up with a 30 mile a week running and walking habit. Maintenance for me was about 3000 calories a day. Adapting to not running is hell. Hopefully I will at least be walking 20 miles a week in a month or so and running again in January. In the meantime, I am going to have to remember what I used to do before I was a deranged calorie combustion engine.

alr

"The future will be different if we make the present different."

Peter Maurin

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines