• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Adash5000

March 2019 3 Week Challenge

Ok April 14th has come and will soon be gone. I have managed to maintain the situps and stretches every morning except for 4 of the mornings. The sleeping before 10pm was a great habt when I did it and definitely noticed how not getting enough sleep affected me when I didn't. Not enough sleep led to more cravings which led to me cheating on food. The packing lunch fell through on one of the weeks but I managed to have prepared lunch on 7 out of the 15 week days. Also noticed how I felt on consecutive days of eating poorly so more motivation there for the next challenge. Another thing I noticed is that my eating on weekends wasn't great and having more time on hand left more room for cheating or bingeing. Drinking tea has helped with the sugar cravings, I have been loving Bengal Spice tea from Celestial Seasonings I don't know how but its pure magic. Some strategies I need to work on are having something to tide me over between end of work and getting home, I have found it really easy to head on in to a corner store on my way home and buy a few chocolate bars. May not have stuck to all of the things I hoped I would but I have come out with useful intel and am excited for the next challenge...bring it on!! Also @Acupunk or any one else who has been following me and motivating me I will likely be joining the assassins guild for the next challenge.

• Like 2

@Adash5000 OMG OMG! I'm so excited for you!! You're motivating me just from hearing you to 1. get to sleep earlier (something I am struggling with now but trying hard to work on) and 2. choose a guild (though this is something I think I need more time with still). I'm so glad you found that sleep was a big help with food cravings. I was reading something about the leptin and ghrelin balance that comes with sleeping well and which help to keep food cravings down because your brain feels satiated and doesn't stimulate appetite. Well done!! And hey, you stuck to a lot of things that you said you were going to do. Don't forget that you're at the beginning and in most martial arts practices, beginners mind is the place where most seasoned warriors want to be because it isn't weighed down by things...it's a clean slate and fresh. High five and a fist bump!!! :star::star::ph34r:<--- there was no assassin emoji so I guess a ninja one will have to do!   

Oh yah @Acupunk when you pick a guild you don't need to stick with it forever it's just on a per challenge basis I just think I am going to try body weight exercises so Assassins makes sense for that.

• Like 1

@Adash5000, thanks! I wasn't sure at first when it dawned on me the 4 weeks were over! Hahaha I was thinking yeeeahaaahhhh I cracked the Level One guild challenge and my silly brain was like, bring on Level 2! I like that your choice of guild!! May you do well with your secret Assassin training and be rewarded with amazing moves, stealth techniques and cool gear (in black of course!!). 

I'm thinking about the Scouts. I already love running. I just want to do better things with it. It helps me mentally too so there's the Druid overlap for mental health and mental strength. Rangers are also on my list for endurance with functional strength (to which I hope I can add quick spurts of explosive movement to). I wish you  positivity and a lot of good vibes!! I'll try and check in on the Assassins threads! Go get them!!!!!:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r: