Juliebarkley checks her list

Story pending!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, so I am still here. Enough procrastination! (Okay, last week it was terrible internet and literally impossible to post, but THIS week, I have no such excuse!)

I am still working on the habits I started up in my previous challenge, with good success! I am still working on cues for my habits, but it is all working out and I am excited!

HOWEVER, I was hit with a small case of overwhelm last week. What with planning for an upcoming trip, applying for jobs, taxes, and general life stuff, I seem to have accumulated a million relatively urgent things. Some have deadlines, some don't, but I have been having trouble keeping track of them and actually dealing with them. I dealt with the work-related ones the day after my mild crisis and it felt SO GOOD not to have to worry about what I might be forgetting or letting slide. So I spent last night making a list of all the things I can think of, assigning days to do them, and putting them into Firetask (my todo app). There is at least one for every single day of the challenge. More may be added as I remember or run across things that really do need to get done soon. This ties in well the the checking the todo app habit I am building. Maaaybe I will add in one of the other habits - we shall see.

This list, and keeping up with my new habits, is the whole of the challenge this time around. Sorry, not super exciting. I thought I was going to have less work this challenge than last, but I actually have more (for good reasons, but still). If I have any extra energy, I'll try to hit up the Assassin Mini and the TODO PVP challenge, but those are totally voluntary. And I will keep recording my distance walked (walking habit only) in the Walk to Mordor challenge. I can finally walk outside! Hooray!

• Like 1

Challenge:   0  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  44  45  

On 3/25/2019 at 4:58 PM, KB Girl said:

Best of luck dealing with the overwhelm!  

4 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Hey, nice to see your new challenge up  :)  That's a lot of stuff going on.  You can do it, though!

Thank you! Truly, always appreciated.

I had to kill time around town while waiting to pick up my son from an event he was attending, then we went to Costco to get passport pictures taken for his June flight to Ireland and buy some chocolate for my habit planning later on. Smooth sailing. Today's other task was to book flights, bus, and train for our trip to Halifax in May. That was an exercise in frustration. For some reason, VIA Rail declined both of my credit cards. Neither has any illegitimate transactions, and neither bank has contacted me with concerns, so I'm not sure what's up with that. I only got the payment to go through on about the sixth try using a debit card. Then I had to cancel that hard-fought booking to apply a discount code that I only noticed when looking for the bus discount code, only to find that it didn't apply to my fare type. Double argh! The airline booking was somewhat easier, though it also declined both credit cards. If it happens again, I'm gonna have to call the banks and find out what is going on. At least my ranting at VIA Rail amused the family. Todo list, check. Todo app habit, check.

Booking the bus is delayed for a couple of days - letting my son see if there's anything he wants to do in Montreal that would justify getting there a bit early, or if we are just going to arrive and then leave on the train straight away. Todo app updated.

Got home too late to do the correct trigger for my walking habit (ie. I haven't had any dishes at home because I haven't eaten at home today). I'm so tired right now. But I will do the bare minimum of 3 times up and down the steps for sure. Even in my semi-zombified state that sounds doable. Victory.

• Like 1

Challenge:   0  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  44  45  

I did not manage to get my assigned todo item done yesterday, as I unfortunately had to bring some work home in order to finish it on time. Work was also kind of crazy tonight, and I got home with a headache, so I really just don't feel like doing anything. I'm planning to do yesterday's todo item (applying for my son's passport), but leaving today's item for tomorrow. I have the day off, so it shouldn't be a big issue. Although my son has plans for my time (it involves moving a lot of heavy books)...

Walk and todo list habit, check.

Edit: Ugh, forgot what a PITA government forms are! I did what I could, but I need to get a guarantor and his father to sign the form, so I'm not done yet. Boo forms.

• Like 1

Howdy all.

I have hit quite a few snags in the tasks that I have assigned myself. I have had a couple of days where I was unable to complete tasks because of bad internet, and quite a few more where I found I needed more information than I had, so the task was begun but not completed. However, I put the most important and urgent tasks on the agenda first because things can always go wrong and that gives time to catch up. So it is all still okay. The absolutely super-critical things are all done, at least.

On the habits front, I have done the minimum on my habits multiple times since the last post - probably nearly half of my walks and a little more than half of my prayers. But except for one day where I didn't check my todo list (but thought about what I knew was on it repeatedly throughout the day), I never missed the minimum. So, consistency for the win?

• Like 1

A heck of a lot has happened since my last post:

- I studied hard for two interviews, and was offered both positions! I accepted the best one, which had a great schedule, was close to home, and had some other great things about it, too. The only downside was that I would no longer be able to help out with the local Beaver colony. I started investigating my option on that front.

- I planned for and went on an 11-day vacation to Halifax! Much fun was had, and lots of new experiences.

- Yesterday was my first day back to work. I was on a high, cleaning up loose ends to get ready to start the new job on Tuesday, when I got a phone call - the job will not be going through. :( I was devastated, and didn't get too much done at work afterwards.

- I am now in the process of rearranging my whole schedule for the second time in three weeks, realigning my job expectations, and figuring out who else I need to inform of the changes. Bleh.

I had hoped to jump in late to the current challenge, but there's only a couple of days left to run on it, so I'll just wait till the new one.

Thanks for reading if you're still here, and I'll see you in the next one!

3 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Oh, that's really tough.  Is there is still a chance of going back and talking to the other position you ended up not taking?

Unfortunately no. The two positions were linked, and when one was affected, the other was too. They did offer it to me, but it had been nearly halved in hours and just wasn't worth it any more.

On the upside, I have an interview on Thursday! :) Plus, I kind of like where I currently am, at least for now (left the toxic job back in October, hurrah!). The disappointment hit me hard because the new offer was so perfect for me. But, nothing to be done but move forward. My schedule is a complete mess right now, and I have no idea what is going to happen with Scouts or anything else in fact for the next few months, but I'll survive.

Yeah, that's a big bummer.  Good that you are not in a toxic place now, so you can afford to wait until something you really like comes along (and doesn't disintegrate at the last minute)

HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread   Challenge Log   Bodyweight Exercise Library   Shuffle Club 

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

23 hours ago, juliebarkley said:

On the upside, I have an interview on Thursday! :) Plus, I kind of like where I currently am, at least for now (left the toxic job back in October, hurrah!). The disappointment hit me hard because the new offer was so perfect for me. But, nothing to be done but move forward. My schedule is a complete mess right now, and I have no idea what is going to happen with Scouts or anything else in fact for the next few months, but I'll survive.

And nothing is as bad as being stuck in a toxic job... no matter what happens, your work situation is improved compared to what it was before October. :)

You've got this.

Reading Challenge Thread 2022

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scalyfreak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32; Ch 33; Ch 34; Ch 35; Ch 36; Ch 37; Ch 38