• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Rox

Nut-Free Breakfasts?

Question for all of you! What are your favorite go-to, everyday peanut and tree nut-free breakfast foods? I'm really trying to improve my habits, but it seems like everywhere I go people are making their regular meals healthy by using nut-based substitutes, and advising that a lot of other options are vastly inferior. Which, fine, but I'm allergic to both peanuts and tree nuts (coconut is fine, but nothing else), so I simply can't do that. Unless I want to die, but people keep telling me death isn't healthy either? So, I would love some inspiration!

Hard-mode bonus: No cottage cheese, ricotta, tomatoes, or peppers (the textures are a huge no for me). The latter two are fine if they've been pulverized somehow (tomato sauce is the true superior form of tomatoes), but there's just no saving the texture of cottage cheese.

26 minutes ago, calanthrophy said:

Bacon. Eggs. Oatmeal.

Any favorite toppings for the eggs and oatmeal, or do you like them plain?

Frittata? Scrambled eggs & toast? Sausages and salad? Protein muffins? SO many options, and you can always just remove the nuts from recipes and replace with shredded coconut. 

Greek yoghurt topped with sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, shredded coconut and berries/fruits

Zoats with an egg or two mixed in, flavored with your favorite protein powder and berries/fruits

On 3/28/2019 at 5:56 PM, Rox said:

but there's just no saving the texture of cottage cheese.

Have you tried blending it? I've made dipping sauces by blending cottage cheese and yogurt/milk in the past...  Any specific breakfast food that you're thinking about that contains cottage cheese? Maybe we can help you find a suitable replacement for the grainy/lumpy stuff :P 

On 3/28/2019 at 3:48 PM, Rox said:

Any favorite toppings for the eggs and oatmeal, or do you like them plain?

Eggs I just use some sort of seasoning (salt, pepper, maybe cayenne). I put fruit or apple butter in the oatmeal.

Thug kitchen’s “Eat like you give a f*ck” has lots of really interesting breakfast options, most of which are probably online somewhere if you search for them. 

Warning - contains many, many expletives  

One of my favorites:

Banana omelets (but you should think of them more like pancakes)

* 2 eggs

* 1 banana, the riper the better

* splash of vanilla

* butter for cooking

* Whatever flavorings and toppings you want (but generally sweet coded) (e.g. cinnamon, blueberries, chocolate chips, raspberries)

Mash first three items + other flavorings in a bowl. Pour into nonstick pan with butter over medium ish heat. Flip after a few minutes (I like to brown mine a little). Serve with or without toppings.

Doesn't even need syrup imo.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Snickie said:

One of my favorites:

Banana omelets (but you should think of them more like pancakes)

* 2 eggs

* 1 banana, the riper the better

* splash of vanilla

* butter for cooking

* Whatever flavorings and toppings you want (but generally sweet coded) (e.g. cinnamon, blueberries, chocolate chips, raspberries)

Mash first three items + other flavorings in a bowl. Pour into nonstick pan with butter over medium ish heat. Flip after a few minutes (I like to brown mine a little). Serve with or without toppings.

Doesn't even need syrup imo.

Banana pancakes are great! I usually add some oats or oat flour to the batter as well :)