• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

As planned and promised, here is my month-long challenge for the month of April. Featuring my favorite Star Wars alien species:

hqdefault.jpg

If those creepy looking aliens with breathing devices look somehow familiar but you can't quite recall, go back to when Palpatine pulls the trigger on the execution of Order 66...

tenor.gif

That'd be Plo Koon, shot down by his own Clone Troopers flying behind him

So why Kel Dor? Why Star Wars? Well, in case you've missed it, NerdFitness' resident Jedi Master @EricMN has booked his flight tickets and will be visiting Sparta this Fall for the races. It is only fitting I go with a Star Wars theme and try to make it as the Padawan to his Jedi Master and that's more than a figure of speech: the man has been knocking off OCRs left and right to the point where he qualified for the World OCR championship last year. I've done like 4 or 5 in my entire life these last few years that I got into it. And sure, maybe he hasn't kept it up since the WOCRC, but neither have I since running my back to back Super&Sprint Spartan in 2017. We're still Force-sensitive, all we gotta do is get back in line.

The Kel Dor evolved on Dorin, a world with an atmosphere consisting mostly of helium and a gas that is unique to that world. As such, Kel Dor cannot breathe on planets with common nitrogen/oxygen atmospheres. Conversely, Dorin's atmosphere is toxic to most nonnative life. On other planets or when outside, Kel Dor must wear breath masks and goggles. They can neither see nor breathe without these devices.

[...]

Calm and kind, the Kel Dor never turn away a being in need. Still, most believe in quick, simple justice (Even engaging in vigilantism).

• Comfortable with (self produced) toxic gases, check
  • Breathing issues (messy nose diaphragm), check
  • Sight issues (5 degrees of myopia), check
  • Goggles (so I don't loose my contacts in water obstacles), check
  • Sharp sence of social justice and a drive to do something for that, check

Sounds about right.

The Challenge

Prepare for the 2019 Spartan Race in Ancient Sparta

How

Part 1: Continue to track food & water intake on my phone app as well as my weight on a daily basis. Make a conscious effort to cut down on sugar and eat more meat&veggies.

Part 2: Train. Attend 2 Muay Thai training sessions a week. While irrelevant on the surface, MT's done a good job of building up my upper body strength (major weak point) and conditioning, especially the "power under duress" part of it. Still, my running and quad/calf endurance could do with a bit more running and following @Endor's C2K PvP challenge, I wanna introduce some running into my weekly training, especially if I'm making up for missed MT sessions.

Part 3: Accountability and Logistics. Keep my Jedi Master accountable, including Facebook harassment. Get more info on his schedule and race intentions so I can plan accordingly and get my tickets in time.

Obviously, the NGW wrestling narrative will continue this month as well.

On with the challenge!

giphy.gif

• Like 8

v0U0AaE.jpg

Frequently Asked Questions

Spoiler

Q: What is all this about?

A: This is a narrative meant purely for fun, mine and those interested to follow along. Don’t worry, you don’t have to understand or keep up and I won’t mind if you don’t. It is based off my notes playing Total Extreme Wrestling 2016, using the CornelVerse97 database and doing the Road to Glory challenge (bolded parts explained below). Can't promise I'll update every day because that has added a lot of unnecessary pressure on me in the past, leading in turn to me giving up the project, but please do hold me accountable if a day or two pass (weekends excluded) and I don't post a narrative.

Q: What is Total Extreme Wrestling 2016?

A: Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 (or TEW16, for short) is the latest installment in a long series of video games that began in 1995. It is a text-based manager style game that puts the player at the helm of a professional wrestling promotion to book shows, hire/fire workers and so on.

Q: What’s the CornellVerse97 database?

A: Due to licensing issues, the game does not use real world people, companies etc (although its highly moddable nature means the community has come up with a bunch of real world and other databases). The game’s default world/database is called the CornellVerse (or CVerse), in honor of its most famous wrestler, Tommy Cornell. One of the things that’s made the game so special is how it managed to be successful while being totally based on a fictional setting instead of the world we know and with every new version of the game, the world expands and evolves. The default database of TEW16 is the “official” CVerse as it stands on 1/1/2016. CornellVerse97 (a.k.a. CVerse97) is a community mod that takes everything back to 1/1/1997. This means I have the distinct advantage of knowing ahead of time, based on my knowledge of the default 2016 database, that certain people are good or bad and sign/avoid them ahead of time. On the flipside, they all debut before their prime with abilities much worse than their 2016 counterparts. Furthermore, the game assigns each worker a secret “destiny roll” that determines the maximum skill and popularity levels they will ever be able to achieve as well as how fast they’ll get there, so I still have a chance of promising workers flopping due to a bad destiny roll or underdogs developing into stars due to a good one. That is not the only factor that can alter how workers turn out as opposed to their default 2016 version that I know. Besides death, career ending injury and all the wear and tear, there are also changing relationships, changes to behavior and personality following certain random incidents as well as changes to a worker's "lifestyle" settings (soft or hard drug use, alcohol or painkiller abuse etc).

Q: What is the Road to Glory challenge?

A: A community-inspired way to challenge one’s self, the Road to Glory challenge is about playing an 18 year old user character with terrible starting attributes but unlimited potential and developing them into a megastar that will headline a major company’s show to get a great rating. The challenge rules impose certain limitations on the way things can be run but also reward the player with a randomly rolled bonus at the end of each year.

Q: So what have I missed so far?

A: My user character, called John Silver, started a promotion in South Eastern Europe called NextGen Wrestling (NGW) with an AI-controlled wrestler named Leon Harrison as his boss and just $1.000 in the bank. The promotion survived the initial hardships and grew its fanbase, rising to “Small” size in early 2002, “Regional” size by the end of 2004 and “Cult” size in 2012. It also launched a training facility and a child promotion named European Wrestling Alliance (EWA) for its young talent to gain experience and exposure there. Meanwhile, grander attempts by the AI to run a major promotion in Europe led those to bankruptcy, leaving NGW to dominate the pro wrestling landscape in the continent.

Q: So how is that Road to Glory challenge coming along?

A: I’ll admit I’ve grown attached to NGW, especially since I began writing stuff out on NerdFitness, so I decided to stick with it instead of making the jump to bigger companies and fast-track my character’s career. I’ve also been fair, doing what’s best for business and promoting talent over my user character if they were better and more deserving. That said, I think my Road to Glory challenge has evolved into another community inspired one, the pretty self explanatory “Local to Global”. With NGW at Cult size, I still need to expand across the continent (National size), then beyond (International size) and take over the world (Global size) so there’s plenty of mileage left, to the point where I think my user character will age and decline before he can become a full blown star.

The company

NextGen Wrestling began in early 1997 when John Silver and Leon Harrison saw an opportunity in the market for professional wrestling in Europe. With Harrison moving away from his hometown of Brighton, England and chipping in half of the starting $1.000, he was made owner of the promotion with Silver as head of creative. NGW prided itself on promoting athletic, modern wrestling by young upstart workers like its founders and to this day it does just that, although understandably enough its growth and history means some older veterans are also around. NGW is one of the few companies around the world to have promoted intergender matches, before a restructuring led to the creation of a split division for female athletes, as well as the Heavyweight and Cruiserweight weight classes for male competitors. In October of 2011, NGW set up its very own pro wrestling school or dojo and exactly a year after, invested in creating European Wrestling Alliance (EWA) as its child promotion. NGW also has been cooperating with Ring of Fire in Birmingham, UK to trade young talent and even hosts an annual cross-promotion show every March named “Ultimate Challenge”.

The stars

TgQORsF.jpg

Marat Khoklov

Age: 37 (9 years pro), Nationality: Russian, Style: Brawler, Size: Ripped Giant, Affiliation: Czars

The giant Russian Marat Khoklov is a menacing former body builder, whose freakish strength and great look make him an awesome competitor to behold.  Before he had even wrestled a match people were hailing him as a future star and his tenure with NGW made him just that. As menacing as they come and possessing some considerable skill, including his vicious Moscow Lariat and Russian Legend Powerbomb, Khoklov has been a dominant force in the company and three time holder of its top title. He is also the founder and leader of the Czars, a group of Eastern European wrestlers.

yNQekBM.jpg

“The Gothic Grappler” Fusae Etsuko

Age: 35 (14 years pro), Nationality: Japanese, Style: All-rounder, Size: Toned Small, Affiliation: None

5'6, 149lbs Fusae Etsuko rose to fame as part of the all-female BHOTWG:W roster in Japan before the promotion was bought out by the original Burning Hammer of the Wrestling Gods. Out of employment opportunities as women’s promotions went out of business in Japan one after another, Etsuko looked abroad and NGW capitalized on her popularity by signing her up to be "The Gothic Grappler", a character who enjoys using her submission skills to spread misery and pain although she has admittedly rounded up her skillset ever since. Etsuko has been undefeated since her debut in March 2011, capturing NGW's big title and then vacating it after intergender matches were stopped, only to immediately regain gold in the form of the brand new NGW Women’s title until an injury in early 2013 forced her to vacate the title. Ever since her return, she has been looking to reclaim gold and defend her streak against current champion, Geena the Warrior Princess. She finally managed to do so in the main event of NGW's latest show, Hard Times.

qwZB6cD.jpg

Geena the Warrior Princess

Age: 35 (14 years pro), Nationality: American, Style: Entertainer, Size: Muscular Lightweight, Affiliation: None

Geena The Warrior Princess is American by birth, but has spent the early part of her career in Europe with NGW. A powerful brawler, her intense “angry” interviews are also pretty impressive. Her hard hitting style would be perfect in Japan and indeed led to her being regularly called in for tours, before she left for a brief stint in Canada before returning to NGW in early 2013 just in time to claim the vacated Women’s title. She has been feuding with previous title holder Fusae Etsuko since her return from injury and finally lost the title to her in the main event of NGW's latest show, Hard Times.

wuo51A1.jpg

Champagne Lover

Age: 31 (10 years pro), Nationality: Mexican, Style: Entertainer, Size: Middleweight, Affiliation: None

Champagne Lover is unique Mexican talent who blends traditional lucha libre with Eastern influences, resulting in an exciting hybrid high flying style.  Combined with a fantastic look and some outstanding promo skills it seems that there is nothing to stop Champagne Lover from becoming a huge star and after slowly climbing up the ranks, he won the promotion’s top title and is already being positioned as the new face of NGW.

N1zhldv.jpg

Shiro Akuma

Age: 31 (12 years pro), Nationality: Japanese, Style: Super Junior, Size: Toned Small, Affiliation: None

Shiro Akuma (White Devil) is an alter ego of high flyer Marihito Masuko. After losing the Young Lion title to Champagne Lover at End of the World 2010 and at the same night seeing his friend Captain Hero get unmasked, Masuko tapped into some dark power from the great beyond to fuel his revenge. This saw him get more aggressive in the ring and brought him several victories until he finally snapped, betraying his League of Heroes allies to go on his own as the NGW Cruiserweight champion.

Factions

The League of Heroes

KRd8pBF.jpgISWyN1q.jpgLFcPDbz.jpgBJ5XbNO.jpg

EgqYnDk.jpg0MfqPtQ.jpgi3AqEI6.jpgA0XDREq.jpg

Members: Nelson Frye, Christopher Lister, Robert Howard, Adam Matravers,

Stig Svensson, Emerald Angel, Jeri Behr, Megumi Nakajima

Originally put together to fight back against the villainous Hellfire Club, the League of Heroes was established by Stig Svensson who also put on the mask of Captain Hero around the same time. The group’s first members were Svensson, Frye, Lister, Howard, Matravers and Akuma. Many of them held various titles while affiliated with the group, with Frye being singles champion before teaming with Lister as Cream of the Crop to dominate the tag team division while Captain Hero held onto singles gold. Matravers and Howard also joined forces to much success in the tag team division, before the weight split caused a reshuffle: Frye and Howard became ‘The Gentleman and the Pitbull’ while Lister and Matravers captured the Cruiserweight Tag Team titles as ‘Team Fly’. Behr and Nakajima have been representing the group in the Women’s division while Emerald Angel is the latest addition to the group after the traitorous departure of Shiro Akuma. Following the dismantling of the Hellfire Club, Stig Svensson losing his Captain Hero mask in late 2010 and a series of injuries that have kept Svensson on the sidelines, Nelson Frye has stepped up as leader of the group.

The Czars

TgQORsF.jpgbGfQcLk.jpgYuuZy7b.jpgaqKXVd4.jpgPOESOXu.jpg

Members: Marat Khoklov, Dovydas Vidmar, The Ivanoff brothers, Zofia Jankovic

Originally a troika of Russians that comprised of Khoklov and the Ivanoffs, the group has since expanded to include “The Bratva Bruiser” Dovydas Vidmar and “The Pain from the Ukraine” Karen Bilous, who was replaced by Belarussian wrestler Zofia Jankovic after her departure from NGW. Respecting only strength and power, the Czars have held every title on the Heavyweight division and given plenty of people something to worry about.

The Real Deal

SoeMY3z.jpg04N0aQ1.jpgcTU1ZCQ.jpgyWLqNGq.jpgUPg1dYS.jpg

Members: Edward Cornell, Wael Hossam, Roy Edison, The Nigerian Hit Squad (Rahabad & Rashid Lawal)

Sick of the comedy, gimmickry and cartoonish shenanigans, Edward Cornell joined forces with the Lawal twins to fight back and defend old school wrestling. For all their bullying ways, the Real Deal are a group of legitimately tough men with impressive in-ring skills that’s went on to include the Egyptian technical wizard Wael Hossam and former MMA competitor Roy Edison among its ranks.

The Outcasts

Dlqpgvn.jpgEfcDrdW.jpgsbFUnpv.jpgAhotWa7.jpg

WUS40Jt.jpgIDTFoKl.jpgMGCPelQ.jpgQaF7Dck.jpg

Members: Sebastian Koller, Hardcore Hernandez, Viper McKenna, Petter Eriksson,

Wade Orson, Landon Mallory, Melanie Flyman, Beast Bantom

The most recently formed group in the company, the Outcasts have banded together thanks to their disappointment at the way they have been utilized by NGW. Whether they are disgruntled employees who feel they’ve been mistreated or past workers who recently returned to the fold, the Outcasts bear a grudge against the powers that be, making them vocal anti-heroes who will still put their personal interests over those of the group if an opportunity presents itself.

The titles

0eQDv0J.jpg

NGW Heavyweight title

wuo51A1.jpg

Current Champion: Champagne Lover

Previous Champion: Marat Khoklov (3rd title run)

Defenses: 3

Reign Began on Friday, Week 4 of December 2012 at NGW End of the World

CaTwuAY.jpg

NGW Cruiserweight title

N1zhldv.jpg

Current Champion: Shiro Akuma

Previous Champion: John Silver

Defenses: 1

Reign Began on Friday, Week 4 of December 2012 at NGW End of the World

hq0wF4D.jpg

NGW Women’s title

yNQekBM.jpg

Current Champion: Fusae Etsuko (second reign)

Previous Champion: Geena the Warrior Princess

Defenses: 0

Reign Began on Friday, Week 4 of May 2013 at NGW Hard Times

MD3svD5.jpgMD3svD5.jpg

NGW Heavyweight Tag Team titles

PybIMT9.jpgnYdtjiY.jpg

Current Champions: The Johanssons (Bam Bam & Hercules)

Previous Champions: Nigerian Hit Squad (Rahabad & Rashid Lawal)

Defenses: 0

Reign Began on Friday, Week 4 of May 2013 at NGW Hard Times

qhQFniW.jpgqhQFniW.jpg

NGW Cruiserweight Tag Team titles

PFb9alT.jpgM2RTO0E.jpg

Current Champions: Double Dutch (Frank Van Heer & Henrik Van Bon)

Previous Champions: Team Fly (Christopher Lister & Adam Matravers)

Defenses: 1

Reign Began on Friday, Week 4 of April 2012 at NGW Walk Through Fire

P4LoqPD.jpgP4LoqPD.jpgP4LoqPD.jpg

NGW Open Collective Six Man titles

QaF7Dck.jpgIDTFoKl.jpgAhotWa7.jpg

Current Champions: The Outcasts (Beast Bantom, Landon Mallory & Petter Eriksson)

Previous Champions: Emerald Angel and Double Dutch (Frank Van Heer & Henrick Van Bon)

Defenses: 2

Reign Began on Monday, Week 1 of April 2013 at NGW Back to the Future

King of the Ring
YQOvEuI.jpg
2012 winner:
 Champagne Lover
Tournament held every June at Starmageddon, with the winner getting to main event December’s End of the World in a title match for the NGW Heavyweight title.

• Like 4

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaas!!!!!!!!

I’m ridiculously excited for this Sparta Jedi business

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

NGW Back to the Future (Weekly TV show)
Held on Monday, Week 1 of June 2013
Venue: Zagreb Zajdenica Arena, Zagreb, Croatia
Attendance: 4.584, Ratings: 0.70 (530.880 viewers), Shown on Continental Sports X1

KBU74Hx.jpgqwZB6cD.jpgNVsHmIw.jpgyNQekBM.jpg

The show begins with NGW Commissioner Sebastian Krause in his office and surrounded by the three women involved in the finish of Hard Times: Geena the Warrior Princess, Joanne Rodriguez and "the Gothic Grappler" Fusae Etsuko. Geena and J-Ro are arguing over who should face Etsuko for the title when Krause finally stops them both.

Krause: "I won't go through this again... neither will I repeat myself with another tournament to crown the #1 contender... this month is Starmageddon and we'll crown a new King of the Ring... so it's only fitting to have a multi person match for the ladies too... but not under Starmageddon rules too... it'll be 10 women in the ring, with eliminations happening as per the usual Royal Rumble rules... the last one left will be Etsuko's challenger."

The women seem to agree with Krause's decision, but he has one more thing to say before they leave his office.

Krause: "I know fans want to see Joanne [Rodriguez] in action before that, so tonight in the main event she'll be wrestling an opponent worthy of her reputation... one who will also be in the Rumble alongside Joanne [Rodriguez] and Geena [the Warrior Princess]... Hall of Famer Viv "The Violence" Jacobs!"
OMqWx1U.jpg

GbpUsBI.jpg25UZG0h.png72KyRpj.jpg
"Super Duper" Phillip Cooper vs "The Fresh Prince of Belarus" Sergei Kalashnov

Joey Beauchamp's "discovery" in developmental returns to action in an NGW ring as the Manchester native fights the veteran Kalashnov in a pretty interesting match. It's not hard for the charismatic, fun loving competitors to draw fans into the match as they cheer for either, though Kalashnov's experience does shine through as opposed to Cooper who's still prone to errors of inexperience.

bGfQcLk.jpg

"The Bratva Bruiser" Dovydas Vidmar makes his presence felt in the match after Kalashnov dodges a diving splash from Cooper which hits referee Gary Garret instead. With the ref momentarily out, Vidmar gets the chance to sneak up behind Kalashnov and smash his vodka bottle on the head of the Fresh Prince. Announcers can only assume it has something to do with the Czars' "aggressive recruiting" from last month or perhaps Kalashnov's flirtatious attitude towards Zofia Jankovic, whatever the case may be though, Kalashnov ends up getting hit with the Cooper Fly Splash just as the ref regains consciousness to count the pin.

Winner: Phillip Cooper, by pinfall following interference from Dovydas Vidmar
IqChfad.jpg

N1zhldv.jpgh8WdOUv.jpg

Next up is a 'tale of the tape' segment, comparing NGW Cruiserweight champion Shiro Akuma and his challenger Christopher Lister in order to hype up their upcoming clash over the title. At age 35 with 15 years as a pro, Lister has a slight advantage over the 31 year old champion who's been wrestling for 13 of them; he also has a slight size but not really power advantage over Akuma. His resume includes four title reigns but all of them were alongside a partner, making him somewhat of a tag team specialist. Akuma, on the other hand, has held the NGW Young Lion, Television and Cruiserweight title, making him more experienced in one-on-one situations. Who will come out victorious when they finally clash late this month at Starmageddon?

IqChfad.jpg

wGTzFkZ.jpgPybIMT9.jpgnYdtjiY.jpgyWLqNGq.jpgUPg1dYS.jpg

Backstage, Bam Bam and Hercules Johansson carry their newly won NGW Heavyweight Tag Team titles on their shoulders as their manager Signe Lytjohan sings their praises when former champions the Nigerian Hit Squad butt in to demand a title rematch. Before their challenge can be answered though, the Ivanoffs join the scene.

YuuZy7b.jpgaqKXVd4.jpg
Igor: "You're not the only ones who want or even deserve a shot at those titles"
Ivan: "That's right, so here's how we see it... Up next we're all booked to wrestle in a four versus four stable match... but next week, Nigerian Hit Squad versus Ivanoffs... winner gets to wrestle the Johanssons at Starmageddon for the NGW Heavyweight Tag Team titles!"
At6zmyr.jpg

TgQORsF.jpgbGfQcLk.jpgYuuZy7b.jpgaqKXVd4.jpg
The Czars
25UZG0h.png
SoeMY3z.jpg04N0aQ1.jpgyWLqNGq.jpgUPg1dYS.jpg
The Real Deal

Following the previous segment, the Ivanoffs are out to prove a point here and get things off the right foot by pinning either Lawal brother. As always, the Czars function like a cohesive unit, unlike the Real Deal who still seem to be nursing wounds from Cornell and Hossam's recent tag title challenge against stablemates the Nigerian Hit Squad. There is little wrestling on display here, just brawling and a lot of story told between the ropes, with Ivan Ivanoff eventually hitting the Red Curtain on Rahabad Lawal for the pin.

Winners: The Czars, by pinfall
IqChfad.jpg

Dlqpgvn.jpgsbFUnpv.jpgWUS40Jt.jpg

Backstage, NGW's rock couple of Sebastian Koller and Viper McKenna walk up to Wade Orson.

McKenna: "How delightful... little Orson teaming up with the NGW Heavyweight champion at Hard Times when his Outcasts leader isn't even in the darn show..."

Though surprised, Orson is anything but apologetic.

Orson: "Tell you what, mate... Why don't you step in the ring with me next, one on one... and I'll show you why I was chosen and you were not!"
pyf9Pt4.jpg

WUS40Jt.jpg25UZG0h.pngDlqpgvn.jpg sbFUnpv.jpg
Wade Orson vs "The Rock and Roller" Sebastian Koller (with Viper McKenna)

Seeing these two wrestle, you'd never guess they're both 25 years old with a combined in-ring experience of just 9 years total. Orson takes advantage of his slight size advantage to move Koller around and hit some impressive slams, but the Rock and Roller rolls out of the ring to recover, thus luring Orson to a ringside brawl. More comfortable in such an enviroment and with McKenna assisting him, Koller takes control of the match and even tops it off with a smooth slingshot senton after he's dragged Orson back into the ring but only gets a two count for his effort. The hardcore brawling has taken its toll on Koller and Orson goes for his kip up DDT finisher called the Bounce Back, but Koller barely wiggles his head loose in time to escape and counter with a kick to the gut. McKenna climbs to the apron and does her best to be annoying, eventually distracting the ref so that Koller can kick his opponent's groin and deliver the Hamburg Rock City for the pin.

Winner: Sebastian Koller, by pinfall after Viper McKenna interfered
pyf9Pt4.jpg

wuo51A1.jpgKRd8pBF.jpgLFcPDbz.jpg

In the usual scenery of red velvet recliners and champagne chilling in the ice bucket, we're treated to another episode of "Lover's Lounge" where the NGW Heavyweight champion is interviewing The Gentleman and the Pitbull, NGW's decorated team consisting of Nelson Frye and Robert Howard. The conversation goes from Stig Svensson's announced retirement and him 'passing the torch' to Frye to the Akuma-Lister match and what the two men have planned for Starmageddon.

Frye: "Come Starmageddon, we will not be competing as a team... Robert [Howard] won the first ever match in 2010 and I won it the year after, so it only makes sense for us to enter the match again this year and try to be the first person to have won it twice."
OMqWx1U.jpg

NVsHmIw.jpg25UZG0h.pngKgdqMk2.jpg
Joanne "J-Ro" Rodriguez vs Viv "The Violence" Jacobs

For all the hype surrounding her name, Joanne Rodriguez seems a bit rusty between the ropes and indeed, as the announcing team brings up, the last match she wrestled was five long years ago for Burning Hammer of the Wrestling Godesses in 2008. This allows Jacobs to take control of the match and unceremoniously attempt to beat Rodriguez to a pulp like she does with all opponents. Once or twice, J-Ro does manage to create some space and hit a few moves, but Jacobs quickly regains control and the more things drag out, the more gassed Rodriguez appears. It seems like a done deal, but overconfidence deprives Jacobs of a big win; cocky after months of beating rookies in EWA and having bested Rodriguez, Jacobs takes too much time trash talking her opponent and playing to the crowd, eventually allowing her opponent to pull off the J-Rocker for the redemption pin.

Winner: Joanne Rodriguez, by pinfall
IqChfad.jpg

Show Rating:
pyf9Pt4.jpg

Confirmed matches for Starmageddon
  • NGW Cruiserweight title match: Shiro Akuma © vs Christopher Lister
  • 20 man Starmageddon match. Confirmed participants: Marat Khoklov, Sebastian Koller, Wade Orson, Nelson Frye, Robert Howard
  • 10 Woman Rumble match. Confirmed participants: Geena the Warrior Princess, Joanne Rodriguez, Viv Jacobs
  • NGW Heavyweight Tag Team titles match: The Johanssons vs Nigerian Hit Squad OR The Ivanoffs
  • Like 4

Royal rumble...awesome! Much mayhem shall surely ensue.

I like your challenge. The nerdy nerd in me does sort of wish that you had saved that title for next month.

• Like 1

So much Starmageddon hype! :) 

8 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:
N1zhldv.jpgh8WdOUv.jpg

Next up is a 'tale of the tape' segment, comparing NGW Cruiserweight champion Shiro Akuma and his challenger Christopher Lister in order to hype up their upcoming clash over the title. At age 35 with 15 years as a pro, Lister has a slight advantage over the 31 year old champion who's been wrestling for 13 of them; he also has a slight size but not really power advantage over Akuma. His resume includes four title reigns but all of them were alongside a partner, making him somewhat of a tag team specialist. Akuma, on the other hand, has held the NGW Young Lion, Television and Cruiserweight title, making him more experienced in one-on-one situations. Who will come out victorious when they finally clash late this month at Starmageddon?

First off, I love the new pic for Lister.  Are they really that close in size?  I thought Akuma was quite a bit smaller than Lister.  Either way, I can't wait for this match!!!

8 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

Frye: "Come Starmageddon, we will not be competing as a team... Robert [Howard] won the first ever match in 2010 and I won it the year after, so it only makes sense for us to enter the match again this year and try to be the first person to have won it twice."

I like this new thing you are doing with the dialogue boxes.  It helps bring out the character's personality  :) 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Xena said:

The nerdy nerd in me does sort of wish that you had saved that title for next month.

Fair point. Hadn't noticed the chance till you pointed it out. Clearly, I have much to learn.

7 hours ago, RES said:

I'm here...

Wouldn't be right without my favourite stalker :D

1 hour ago, WhiteGhost said:

First off, I love the new pic for Lister.  Are they really that close in size?  I thought Akuma was quite a bit smaller than Lister.  Either way, I can't wait for this match!!!

New pic is a product of keeping up with the community generated re-renders. I figured the whole jedi gimmick deserved a cooler "power pose". Akuma's body type/size is "Toned Small" and his Power stat is at 39, while Lister is "Toned Lightweight" with a Power stat of 41. I like to interpret that as Lister being a bit taller and thus packing some more skeletal/muscle mass but they're more or less able to deadlift the same weight :P

I like this new thing you are doing with the dialogue boxes.  It helps bring out the character's personality

Again, something I've ripped off from amazing diaries on the game's forums. You may remember I used to write out everyone's words here, but it was too exhausting. Now I'm limiting it to the main idea and punchline, which seems to be working better.

7 hours ago, Xena said:

Royal rumble...awesome! Much mayhem shall surely ensue.

Not sure if it came across, but this won't be the WWE type of Rumble with people coming in at timed intervals. This'll be the oldschool chaotic type, with all 10 competitors starting inside the ring. Mayhem is bound to ensue.

Challenge Day 1: Monday, April 1st

A mess through and through, glad this day is in the backburner and let us never speak of it again. With the time switch during the weekend and our alarms never going off, we woke up using our biological alarms, rested but an hour late. I'm fine besides the surprise, it's not like I work a strict timetable or punch a card but the SRLF does and she was off in a hurry. She also had a scheduled gynaecological exam for right after work and with her scheduled moved an hour ahead due to the delay, she was about to miss it. After calling 3 different centers and not finding a date to re-schedule, she was allowed to leave work early in order to make her original appointment. I offered to pick her up from work and glide through traffic because motorcycle, but poor communication and an untimely attempt to make our office critter-proof had me leaving a tad late and arriving there 15+ minutes late. Not a big deal, we still could make it, only 1) SRLF had already gotten on the train to make her appointment due to me being late and not answering the phone because I was riding and 2) she apparently never realized I meant to pick her up from her worplace, instead she thought I'd pick her from the station near my house&work. The exam center is like a 1-2' ride from there, which makes the whole "I'll drive you there" thing kind of meaningless, but apparently we have different ideas on that. I decided that since I'd missed my Muay Thai training, there was no way I'd mentally live through going for a run and then get back home sweaty and tired for the aftermath. Past argument experience and therapy helped me handle the tension apparent, as I understood I had done nothing wrong and didn't need to take up the blame; it was a misunderstanding, I actually meant to make things easier for her and she was most likely lashing out at me after a rough day (wakeup incident&toxic work environment&stress of trying to reschedule&the whole 'getting there' drama&a potentially painful gynaecological exam). That said, I decided to at least do some domestic rangering so she wouldn't have to return to a messy home that would stress and anger her even more. I did the dishes, vacuumed the house and ironed/folded clothes while catching up with Critical Role (episode 26 just began y'all, I'm sooooo behind). Fortunately, the SRLF emotional situation was diffused surprisingly quick and well, compared to past experience at least and I offered to make her some beans for her workplace lunch the day after. We then proceeded to order takeout and watch 3 episodes of Brooklyn 99 while I unceremoniously forgot about the food on the stove and burnt it. Ugh.

Part 1: Continue to track food & water intake on my phone app as well as my weight on a daily basis. Make a conscious effort to cut down on sugar and eat more meat&veggies.

Calories: 1738 (target) - 1892 (actual intake) + 0 (activity) = 154

Water: 2/8 glasses

Weight: 82kg

Details: Lunch was a burger patty and broccoli. Only had a bit of halva once I was back home and that was because I was hungy waiting for the SRLF to return for dinner. Takeout was souvlaki-based and I even got myself a tortillia instead of the default breadier pita wrap, so pretty good as far as meal composition goes.

Part 2: Train. Attend 2 Muay Thai training sessions a week.

See above, a late morning wakeup messed with my plans to do this or a run.

Part 3: Accountability and Logistics. Keep my Jedi Master accountable, including Facebook harassment. Get more info on his schedule and race intentions so I can plan accordingly and get my tickets in time.

Well I got the Jedi Master's attention, tagging people is supposed to do that so yay me. Hopefully we can keep each other accountable, now to attempt and divulge more information regarding his plans and race options...

• Like 5

17 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:
KBU74Hx.jpgqwZB6cD.jpgNVsHmIw.jpgyNQekBM.jpg

The show begins with NGW Commissioner Sebastian Krause in his office and surrounded by the three women involved in the finish of Hard Times: Geena the Warrior Princess, Joanne Rodriguez and "the Gothic Grappler" Fusae Etsuko. Geena and J-Ro are arguing over who should face Etsuko for the title when Krause finally stops them both.

Krause: "I won't go through this again... neither will I repeat myself with another tournament to crown the #1 contender... this month is Starmageddon and we'll crown a new King of the Ring... so it's only fitting to have a multi person match for the ladies too... but not under Starmageddon rules too... it'll be 10 women in the ring, with eliminations happening as per the usual Royal Rumble rules... the last one left will be Etsuko's challenger."

Oh hell yes.

• Like 1

On 4/1/2019 at 4:40 PM, DarK_RaideR said:
N1zhldv.jpgh8WdOUv.jpg

I'm rooting for Lister de-masking Akuma.

I'm glad therapy is having some visible benefits.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

Not sure if it came across, but this won't be the WWE type of Rumble with people coming in at timed intervals. This'll be the oldschool chaotic type, with all 10 competitors starting inside the ring. Mayhem is bound to ensue.

I don't know much about the various possibilities, but yes, it came across exactly right!!

16 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

A mess through and through, glad this day is in the backburner and let us never speak of it again.

Good job surviving and adapting!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I'm rooting for Lister de-masking Akuma.

Not likely anytime soon. Masks are either company-specific (like when I put Stig Svensson under the Captain Hero mask) or self-owned by the wrestler. Akuma's is the latter, meaning the wrester can veto their unmasking and given how he's now in his prime at 31 with a mask prestige of 70% (extremely slow to build up) I doubt he'll agree. The whole mechanic makes more sense if you switch the context to lucha libre, but still. Akuma is the mask and I doubt he's taking off the mask unless he's nearing retirement and does so to put a young talent over.

6 hours ago, Xena said:

I don't know much about the various possibilities, but yes, it came across exactly right!!

Good to know. The default oldschool version is the one I'm using here, everyone starts in the ring and eliminations happen over the top rope. WWE's version is two people starting inside the ring with another joining them every X seconds, usually 60 or 90. There is an alternative called "Mayhem" where everyone starts in the ring but eliminations happen by pinfall or submission; this needs more precious working space for a wrestler and things can get lost in the shuffle, which is why you won't see it much. Then there's NGW Starmageddon, which is essentially a "4 corners gauntlet" match: 4 people in the ring at all times, eliminations happen by pinfall/submission/DQ and new people only join once someone's been eliminated. I think it keeps active workers to a number low enough where you can keep up with the action while preseving an air of legitimate wrestling thanks to the elimination rules.

Challenge Day 2: Tuesday, April 2nd

Picked up some noise while I was getting ready in the morning, which is how I ended up noticing my balcony was full of glass shards and pieces of rotten iron. Went upstairs, where my neighbor was of course away and talked to his workers, who were cutting his old balcony railings to replace them. As if I wasn't pissed off enough already they had never informed me of the whole thing (you know, so I don't put out clothes to dry or whatever) they never did apologize for making a mess and even 'requested' to go through my house the morning after to facilitate their work. I just couldn't make something out of this, mainly because their employer (my neighbor) was to blame, so I kept it polite and walked away. For anyone wondering, they rang my bell at 8:30 this morning and requested passage, which I denied. Not letting them trample through my home, not sticking around to keep an eye on them, not going to work and leaving strangers in my house and most definitely not doing favors to the uncaring and impolite. Anyhow, back to Tuesday, I was pissed the entire day and my coping mechanism was to play the demo of Thea: The Awakening. I've tried to run a pirate edition in the past on my main desktop but it wouldn't run on x32 Windows; it's on offer on Steam and GOG.com so I figured I'd try the demo on my laptop and boom, it worked.

Game talk, under spoiler:

Spoiler

Thea: The Awakening is a strategy game in the vein of games like Heroes of Might and Magic, Age of Wonders etc. It is based on Slavic mythology and folklore, with the player taking on the role of a deity after the apocalypse as they guide their faithful to survival and finding out what happened. There's a lot of interesting ideas in it but it looked better on paper than it plays out, I think it's overly complicated and extremely slow paced, so I uninstalled it this morning.

Once I was done with work, I picked up the SRLF and in turn we picked up the two black kitten brothers from the vet, chipped and neutered. They're doing fine and her sister will be bringing them over to her place in the not-so-U.K in time. Sadly, the SRLF's cat is still struggling with some kind of stomach virus for the last three weeks and threw up on the sofa, which had her sad for the rest of the evening until she fell asleep.

Calories: 1738 (target) - 1395 (actual intake) + 0 (activity) = 343

Water: 2/8 glasses

Weight: 82,2kg

Details: Lunch was a burger patty once more, only this time I replaced the broccoli with the beans I almost burned the night before. Went with spaghetti for dinner, it kinda felt new after so long without, but I made a tuna sauce for good measure and #protein. Only nommed a small sweet treat from the SRLF's stash while I was making dinner, was hungry and I had to heat up hers before I made mine so this kept me going.

Nope, the vet pickup was scheduled days ago so I knew this would take up my evening.

The Jedi Master himself has reached out and I have a good chunk of info to go by, given the visit and race will happen after the summer is over.

• Like 7

25 minutes ago, DarK_RaideR said:

I ended up noticing my balcony was full of glass shards and pieces of rotten iron.

Well that's rude as heck not telling you there is construction work happening. Also rude is leaving you with the mess, I'm not surprised you're so pissed.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, DarK_RaideR said:

The default oldschool version is the one I'm using here, everyone starts in the ring and eliminations happen over the top rope. WWE's version is two people starting inside the ring with another joining them every X seconds, usually 60 or 90. There is an alternative called "Mayhem" where everyone starts in the ring but eliminations happen by pinfall or submission; this needs more precious working space for a wrestler and things can get lost in the shuffle, which is why you won't see it much. Then there's NGW Starmageddon, which is essentially a "4 corners gauntlet" match: 4 people in the ring at all times, eliminations happen by pinfall/submission/DQ and new people only join once someone's been eliminated. I think it keeps active workers to a number low enough where you can keep up with the action while preseving an air of legitimate wrestling thanks to the elimination rules.

Thanks for that background info.  I wasn't aware of the different variations or the implications, so this is helpful to understand that

25 minutes ago, DarK_RaideR said:

they rang my bell at 8:30 this morning and requested passage, which I denied

Good call

• Like 2

NGW Back to the Future (Weekly TV show)
Held on Monday, Week 2 of June 2013
Venue: Amsterdam Metrodrome, Netherlands, Central Europe
Attendance: 4.120, Ratings: 0.70 (529.710 viewers), Shown on Continental Sports X1

KRd8pBF.jpgLFcPDbz.jpgSoeMY3z.jpg

The show opens with a shot of Nelson Frye and Robert Howard walking backstage when they run into the leader of the Real Deal. Edward Cornell reveals he'll also be in the Starmageddon King of the Ring and pokes fun at the two men being a good tag team but not much past that, Frye isn't having any of it though.

Frye: "At Hard Times, the League of Heroes defeated the Real Deal... and I myself made Wael Hossam, the mat master, tap out to the Royal Armbar... so how about this... pick a member of your group and have them meet me in tonight's main event... where I'll beat them at their own game!"

Cornell: "Wael Hossam isn't here tonight, but I have a suitable replacement... a man you might also face again at Starmageddon... tonight, in the main event, it'll be Nelson Frye one on one against Roy Edison!"
At6zmyr.jpg

YuuZy7b.jpgaqKXVd4.jpg25UZG0h.pngyWLqNGq.jpgUPg1dYS.jpg
The Ivanoffs vs The Nigerian Hit Squad

Arranged last week, the opening match sees former NGW Heavyweight Tag Team champions the Nigerian Hit Squad go blow for blow with the men they defeated for the gold at NGW Fallout in February. No love lost between the two hard hitting teams, who deliver another rugged confrontation as they trade strikes inside and outside the ring. Though ten years younger and with a third of their opponents' wrestling experience, the Ivanoffs manage to survive the ringside assault and take things back between the ropes, where they deliver the Russian Roulette on Rahabad to score the pin and punch their ticket to NGW Starmageddon for a title match against the Johanssons.

Winners: The Ivanoffs, by pinfall
pyf9Pt4.jpg

TgQORsF.jpgbGfQcLk.jpg72KyRpj.jpg

Meanwhile, the Ivanoffs' stablemates are busy backstage, bullying Sergei Kalashnov into joining their group. Vidmar says he hopes the Fresh Prince of Belarus got the memo last week, referring to how he cost him a match against young upstart "Super Duper" Phillip Cooper and Kalashnov, seeing he can't fight his way out of a tight spot, tries something different.

Kalashnov: "If I join the Czars, I'll be the only Cruiserweight in your group... but I remember a young man in EWA by the name of Andryi Boronin... Let me fight him next week and see who deserves to represent the Czars in the Cruiserweight division!"
At6zmyr.jpg

timXQf2.jpgsbFUnpv.jpg

Back in the ring, a music that hasn't been heard for a while in NGW plays and out comes "the Steppe Cowgirl" Anna Twirl doing her signature 'lasso twist' and related hip gyration before entering the ring to cut a promo about being back and her being in the 10 Woman Rumble at Starmageddon, before Viper McKenna crashes the party.

McKenna: "You show up out of nowhere after all this time away and think you can win the match to fight for the title? You don't even deserve to be in the match with the likes of me... and I'll prove it right now!"
rCrbMWQ.jpg

timXQf2.jpg25UZG0h.pngsbFUnpv.jpg
"The Steppe Cowgirl" Anna Twirl vs Viper McKenna

For an 'impromptu' match, this one actually has a bit of story to tell while showcasing the returning Twirl's skills: it's the Steppe Cowgirl proving her opponent wrong about her being worthy of participating in the Rumble while McKenna also seems to have fallen behind the times a bit as she's splitting her time between wrestling and managing her Outcasts stablemates. Both ladies struggle against their individual "shortcomings" while delivering an entertaining and pretty well rounded match, one that Twirl ends up winning when she hits her Cowgirl Twirl [Slingblade[ finisher out of nowhere for the pin.

Winner: Anna Twirl, by pinfall
mwL0z0W.jpg

sbFUnpv.jpgDlqpgvn.jpgQaF7Dck.jpgIDTFoKl.jpgAhotWa7.jpg

Backstage, McKenna is welcomed by her Outcasts buddies in Koller and the NGW Open Collective champions. Koller mutters something about Twirl getting preferential treatment and once McKenna walks away to regroup, he turns to the others.

Mallory: "Just so you know... we won't be defending our titles at Starmageddon... we'll be in the King of the Ring mix... we all gotta watch each other's backs in that match, but at the end of the day only one can win... so let's all agree right now... no hard feelings whatsoever."
pyf9Pt4.jpg

PFb9alT.jpgM2RTO0E.jpglWDkCJs.jpgnQjGF52.jpg

Back in the ring, Double Dutch are cutting a classic babyface promo in front of their home crowd, praising the audience for supporting them when out come the DuPont twins to a thunderstorm of boos for interrupting. The Frenchmen do not get on the mic, instead only point at the NGW Cruiserweight Tag Team titles around the waists of Van Heer and Van Bon and the two teams argue without their words caught on the mic before the Foreign Legion retreats, leaving the champions in the ring.

87E3trK.jpg

N1zhldv.jpgh8WdOUv.jpg

The camera quickly cuts to the backstage area, where Christopher Lister is under attack by Shiro Akuma! It's clear the NGW Cruiserweight champion surprised his opponent but once the initial surprise is gone, Lister fights back. Eventually, a host of backstage staff storm the scene and pull the two men apart as the announcers reminde everyone of the upcoming NGW Cruiserweight title match at Starmageddon!

IqChfad.jpg

wuo51A1.jpgNVsHmIw.jpg

Lover's Lounge is next and the NGW Heavyweight champion's guest is none other than Joanne Rodriguez! Her stunning good looks are more than what Champagne Lover needs to get his flirt game going, but J-Ro tries to steer the conversation towards what she's interested in.

Rodriguez: "Geena lost, for good... I should be the one to wrestle Etsuko for the title... I could even wrestle Geena for the title shot or we could have a Triple Threat match... but instead we got the 10 Woman Rumble... so I'll have to win that before I face Etsuko! It's worth it though... I've always struggled to make women's wrestling as respected as men's and NGW is the place to do it... the NGW Women's title is a symbol of my quest and I'm not going to let it slip past my fingers!"
OMqWx1U.jpg

wGTzFkZ.jpgPybIMT9.jpgnYdtjiY.jpg

Uninterrupted this time, Signe Lytjohan cuts a promo next to hype up the NGW Heavyweight Tag Team champions.

Lytjohan: "Bam Bam and Hercules have dominated the heavyweight tag team division since they were reunited... and of course were taken under my wing... they have destroyed everyone in their path, including the Nigerian Hit Squad... and they will do it again at Starmageddon when they destroy the Ivanoffs!"
pyf9Pt4.jpg

KRd8pBF.jpg25UZG0h.pngcTU1ZCQ.jpg
Nelson Frye vs Roy Edison

As scheduled in tonight's opening segment, the main event sees the leader of the League of Heroes in singles action against former MMA fighter Roy Edison. Known for his exceptional ground game but also lack of striking power, Edison was an unusual opponent in the MMA cage and his unorthodox style proves to be even more unusual for Frye, who makes things worse by toning down his usual brawling style in favor of trying to beat Edison at his own submission game. As expected, Frye seems way too sloppy trying to go hold for hold against the former judo competitor and somehow the match turns out to be pretty competitive despite Frye originally being the favorite by far. What Frye cannot tone down though is his resilience, a feature that keeps him in the match for over ten minutes until he finally manages to use Edison's frustration against him and slap on the Royal Armbar in the middle of the ring for the tap out.

Winner: Nelson Frye, by submission
sma3Die.jpg

Show Rating:
sma3Die.jpg

Confirmed matches for Starmageddon
  • NGW Cruiserweight title match: Shiro Akuma © vs Christopher Lister
  • 20 man Starmageddon match. Confirmed participants: Marat Khoklov, Sebastian Koller, Wade Orson, Nelson Frye, Robert Howard, Edward Cornell, Beast Bantom, Landon Mallory, Petter Eriksson, Roy Edison
  • 10 Woman Rumble match. Confirmed participants: Geena the Warrior Princess, Joanne Rodriguez, Viv Jacobs, Anna Twirl, Viper McKenna
  • NGW Heavyweight Tag Team titles match: The Johanssons vs The Ivanoffs
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, DarK_RaideR said:

Kalashnov, seeing he can't fight his way out of a tight spot, tries something different.

Kalashnov: "If I join the Czars, I'll be the only Cruiserweight in your group... but I remember a young man in EWA by the name of Andryi Boronin... Let me fight him next week and see who deserves to represent the Czars in the Cruiserweight division!"

Seems kind of like a lose-lose situation for the Fresh Prince.  If he wins against Boronin then he is basically telling the Czars that he is the one for their group.  If he loses, it means he is not as good a young pup from EWA, which is not going to be great for his reputation, shaky as it is.

9 minutes ago, DarK_RaideR said:
timXQf2.jpgsbFUnpv.jpg

Back in the ring, a music that hasn't been heard for a while in NGW plays and out comes "the Steppe Cowgirl" Anna Twirl doing her signature 'lasso twist' and related hip gyration before entering the ring to cut a promo about being back and her being in the 10 Woman Rumble at Starmageddon, before Viper McKenna crashes the party.

Nice to see another lady coming back

10 minutes ago, DarK_RaideR said:
N1zhldv.jpgh8WdOUv.jpg

The camera quickly cuts to the backstage area, where Christopher Lister is under attack by Shiro Akuma! It's clear the NGW Cruiserweight champion surprised his opponent but once the initial surprise is gone, Lister fights back. Eventually, a host of backstage staff storm the scene and pull the two men apart as the announcers reminde everyone of the upcoming NGW Cruiserweight title match at Starmageddon!

Image result for open a can of whoop gif

15 minutes ago, DarK_RaideR said:
KRd8pBF.jpg25UZG0h.pngcTU1ZCQ.jpg
Nelson Frye vs Roy Edison

As scheduled in tonight's opening segment, the main event sees the leader of the League of Heroes in singles action against former MMA fighter Roy Edison. Known for his exceptional ground game but also lack of striking power, Edison was an unusual opponent in the MMA cage and his unorthodox style proves to be even more unusual for Frye, who makes things worse by toning down his usual brawling style in favor of trying to beat Edison at his own submission game. As expected, Frye seems way too sloppy trying to go hold for hold against the former judo competitor and somehow the match turns out to be pretty competitive despite Frye originally being the favorite by far. What Frye cannot tone down though is his resilience, a feature that keeps him in the match for over ten minutes until he finally manages to use Edison's frustration against him and slap on the Royal Armbar in the middle of the ring for the tap out.

Winner: Nelson Frye, by submission

Nice!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Seems kind of like a lose-lose situation for the Fresh Prince.  If he wins against Boronin then he is basically telling the Czars that he is the one for their group.  If he loses, it means he is not as good a young pup from EWA, which is not going to be great for his reputation, shaky as it is.

But it's still better than getting beaten up on the spot by Khoklov and Vidmar :P I wanted to relay his panic and a desperate attempt to buy some time, so I'm glad that came across.

• Like 2

Challenge Day 3: Wednesday, April 3rd

As mentioned, the morning kicked off with the handymen from upstairs and then filling my doorman in so they don't bullshit him about what happened. I also told him to fill in the guy living above me and pointing him my way in case he has questions, issues, a problem or whatever. Work was kinda boring, but at least I was able to leave on time and train. I then rode out for a quick beer with my cousin and grabbed some falafel for the SRLF, only to discover that my favourite athlete & person from the Muay Thai camp just landed a job as a waiter at that place. For some reson that really lifted my spirits and given the SRLF's emotional state, it was much needed.

Calories: 1738 (target) - 2166 (actual intake) + 648 (activity) = 219

Water: 6/8 glasses

Weight: Aparrently the handymen's rude awakenening caused me to forget this

Details: Didn't have anything to pack for lunch so I grabbed pastries from outside but at least made sure they had some ham and turkey inside for the protein. With all the going around in the evening, I grabbed a chicken wrap as emergency fuel between training and seeing my cousin, only had a single 330ml IPA and then there were falafels. I also shared a slice of banoffe with the SRLF because that place makes the best ever and I just wouldn't skip that.

Session 1 in the books, hadn't trained for a while and the class was pretty brutal anyway, with a lot of conditioning and "strength under duress" stuff. I also realized I'd only drank a single glass of water all day once my left thigh started cramping, but managed to hydrate in time and avoid the worst.

Nothing new here. I did notice @EricMN hasn't updated his challenge in quite some time, but he just posted about a run in the running PvP so I know he's keeping up, no further harassment required.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Endor said:

@OldManDawsy just saying...Star Wars and Running......

Your barefoot buddy from down under is still around? The username change would explain why I haven't noticed his presence lately. That and, you know, the absence of your back and forth mocking.

Challenge Day 4: Thursday, April 4th

Nothing special here, work, therapist, the end. SRLF is having issues with her toxic environment at work, apparently there was a minor meltdown and on top of hating her plac of employment, she is now afraid she's going to get fired. Given the atmosphere there, I told her that might actually be an improvement, but the truth is both of us have been looking up job postings for months, shooting out CVs and the only thing we got back was absolute silence. Losing her job now would be hard, she hasn't been employed long enough to register for unemployment benefit and I know instead of enjoying the freedom, she'll only stress about our finances and finding a new job. This morning she called me to tell me about her cat being back from the clinic but still throwing up and said something about potentially moving to a different country if that means getting a job and being in a workplace where shit like what she has to deal now on a daily basis is not even a thing. Her sister's UK company is branching out to Ireland (Brexit hedge?) and looking for people. I'll admit seeing Dublin a couple of years back, it's one of the places I could think of myself living in. OCRs and beer galore?

Calories: 1738 (target) - 1710 (actual intake) + 0 (activity) = 28

Water: 4/8 glasses

Weight: 82,7kg

Details: Only had some gnocchi in red sauce that I could take to work, but I added a hard boiled egg and some goat cheese for the extra protein. Some more gnocchi with leftover chicken for a quick dinner pre-therapy, then since I was hungry afterwards and had calories to spare, I had some more chicken with rice. Sweets were imited to a single cookie.

Thursdays are therapist evenings, I told the man about the whole balcony incident and he said it's a good sign I'm recognizing my anger and allowing it to exist/manifest instead of pressing it down, internalizing or ignoring it like I used to do. Same with Monday's misunderstanding with the SRLF. He's happy with how I own the situation, how it was my own behavior, not something he had explicitly guided me to do, as that would lay the foundations for becoming dependant on his guidelines for everything.

The Jedi Master also updated his challenge thread and although I can't prove it, I like to think that my previous update on this goal had something to do with it. Not sure I mentioned it here, but I signed up for a 5k charity race near my home on May 11th, so hopefully I can slowly get myself to do some running again in prep of the race. Running's always my weak point in OCRs and lately, even when skipping rope to warm up for Muay Thai, my quads and/or calves are super quick to cramp up. Speaking of which, I bet @EricMN will be glad to know the Sparta race hasn't got a lot of uphill to it. I remember chatting with NF old timer Slates during my Spartan race in Italy, she told me almost all Spartan Races in the states are all about running up mountain slopes and between trees, which is why she was so excited to go up and down mild hills with clear view of the glorious Tuscan countryside. I also seem to recall a race course on a location that was used as a ski resort in the winter? Yeah, not that much incline round these parts. Thankfully.

• Like 7