• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

anjan78

How to Lose Weight Fast

1. Hi everyone,

I am a 33 years old male, weighing 75 Kg and height is 5 ft. 6 inches. I have 22% body fat and I want to reduce my body fat and get a lean, muscular, toned up body. How can I acheive my goal? I want to lose at least 5 kilo weight.

Can someone please help me with a workout plan to achieve the above goal with a diet chart?

Thanks in advance

Hi there! Can you be more specific about the kind of workout you'd like to do? Weights? Cardio? HIIT? What are your limitations as far as equipment?

I'm currently on a cut and following the Renaissance Periodization app. It is $15 a month but it makes dropping the weight and body fat simple as long as you're willing to stay dedicated. Losing weight and body fat isn't really a fast thing, at least not if you do it in a healthy way, but the Renaissance Periodization diet plan has shown amazing results with me and everyone else that I know that has used it. You can also look at the one on one coaching that Nerd Fitness offers, I've never tried them but they seem to be great. If you're not interested in a trainer, I'd look at some of the basic body weight workouts and other workouts that Nerd Fitness has put together in their blog. No one specific fitness plan or meal plan is going to be ideal for everyone, so I recommend finding a workout trainer and using a diet program that has been proven to work to get the best results. Good Luck

• Like 1

The problem is that there is no “one size fits all” when it comes to diet and exercise.  The big question is, what kind of exercise do you enjoy doing, and what kind of diet do you want to follow?  

You can build muscle by working with equipment (barbell, dumbbells, fixed weight machines etc) or by using your own body weight (push-ups, pull-ups, squats etc).  You can find beginner programs for either on the main NF site, the links below are a good place to start. 

Bodyweight

Strength training

As for diet, do you want to count calories or avoid that like the plague?  The reason I ask is that you can work out how many calories you need by working out your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure) and then use an app (like My Fitness Pal) to log your food and count your calories, keeping a modest deficit.  Or, if you want to avoid counting calories then you could try Intermittent Fasting.  Lots of people on here favour diets that advocate eating less processed foods and more whole foods, which often results in naturally eating fewer calories and have other health benefits too, but does this sound like something you are interested in?  The best diet is, after all, the one you will actually follow. 

• Like 1

Nothing beats fasting for weight loss in terms of speed and efficiency. The issue would be fighting hunger and potential nutrient deficiencies. You could try switching to a one meal a day eating pattern, but make that one meal extra nutritious with meats and vegetables. That way, you’ll have maximum fat burning power with great nutrition.

2 hours ago, Simplefitnessman said:

Nothing beats fasting for weight loss in terms of speed and efficiency. The issue would be fighting hunger and potential nutrient deficiencies. You could try switching to a one meal a day eating pattern, but make that one meal extra nutritious with meats and vegetables. That way, you’ll have maximum fat burning power with great nutrition.

I want to voice a different opinion on this.  

Obviously if you only eat OMAD you will lose weight because you are severely restricting your calories, but what about afterwards?  Unless you learn to eat at a level where you neither gain or lose weight then as soon as you lift the restriction you will start to pile weight back on.  

I do 5:2 Intermittent Fasting (where you do 2x 24hr fasts a week) when I want to reduce my body fat percentage and find it really works, but I don't rely on it to keep my weight stable.  I ditched the yo-yo dieting years ago and learned how to eat to fuel my body with the right nutrients, and my weight has remained stable ever since.  Although this doesn’t give results as quickly it is far and away the most sustainable, healthy way to lose weight.  I cannot see how OMAD can be in any way healthy (unless you are only doing it intermittently).   It can be difficult enough to get the full amount of vitamins, minerals, proteins, fats, antioxidants etc that you need for good health even when eating 3x balanced meals a day, dropping to one meal a day will, without fail, leave you lacking in essential nutrients.  

• Like 1