• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
ajamaraz54

Star Wars Themed TSC costume and hairstyle

I'm competing the StrongFirst's Tactical Strength Challenge on May the 4th, and I really want to do a Star Wars cosplay. The TSC involve three attempts at a max deadlift, a flexed arm hang, and 5 mins of snatches with the 16 kg kettlebell, so obvs it needs to be something that doesn't restrict my performance or violate the rules (no gloves or wrist braces). I looked at running costumes but they are exclusively on the small size and there is no way my 2x-3x sized body is fitting into them.  I was thinking since I'm going to be wearing a belt anyway that Rey's desert look is my best bet, but I've got a short asymmetrical bob and it doesn't seem likely I can pull off her three bun look. I usually put my hair in two little pigtail buns...maybe there's some way to work that into a Twi'lek cosplay? I'm open to any and all suggestions.

It looks like Under Armour has discountinued their Alter Ego line, but you can still find some of them on Amazon/Ebay.  They're expensive, but it's hard to beat working out like a superhero.  For Star Wars, they had Vader and a storm trooper.  There are also other companies selling "workout shirts," but I'm not a fan of the fit and quality.

A (possibly) cheaper option, is to make a jedi robe you can take off as necessary.  Patterns are easy to find, or you can modify a bath robe.  Wear all black under it and you're a cross-play Luke or Anakin.

For a twilek, this is the best price my fiancee was able to find for their lekku.  You can change the color with spray paint, just do light coats so you don't make it too heavy.  Use a scarf or headband to hide the seam and you can wear just about anything with it.