• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

On 5/3/2019 at 3:34 PM, KB Girl said:

That is exactly what I do all too often. 
Really awesome you're making nice jumps in the process of dealing with that! Thanks for sharing the hope and peace. :) 

You're welcome

On 5/4/2019 at 11:36 AM, Elastigirl said:

That's awesome

It really is.

On 5/5/2019 at 9:05 AM, Harriet said:

This is wonderful! Because the best results come from the greatest efforts and the most plentiful attempts, not from the most fastidious avoidance of imperfection. And that peace and calm sounds awesome. 

It is awesome.

8 hours ago, elizevdmerwe said:

This is great! I'm so happy for you.

Sounds as good as the peace I got when I realised I don't have to reach certain levels or do so much with exercise at the moment. I just have to do something, when I can, if I can. Which you doubly confirmed when you said that I must realise I will probably not be able to get into a set or regular routine due to all the other stuff I have to concentrate on. Peace and freedom.

Have a great week 3.

I'm glad you have found some peace and freedom as well.

This weekend was interesting, and it was a good weekend. We had a conference that was a culmination of the small group we had been attending. There were several groups in our church doing the same thing, as well as 10 other churches in town having the same kind of small group. They all got together at once church's location. The conference was good for a lot of people. There were good things for me as well, and the format made it challenging for me to stay engaged. Part of my issue was that I had recently got a lot of the breakthroughs that normally happen at the conference earlier and through different means, so it felt a bit redundant for me. In addition, the format made the weekend exhausting, so I was drained, which also affected my outlook. The struggle was real to focus on the good that happened. Finally, there were forces at work that wanted me not to get anything out of the conference, and I had to call on the power of God to break through the affects of those forces. Then Sunday at Church I was able to process things out and see the good that happened that weekend, not just for me but for others. My church is very much a blessing to me. During services Sunday I prayed for "My Rebellion" (yes, I know it's Steve's too. The members of the forums I claim as my own). I sincerely hope you all come to find the freedom, belonging, redemption and peace I have found.

• Like 17

33 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

You're welcome

It really is.

It is awesome.

I'm glad you have found some peace and freedom as well.

This weekend was interesting, and it was a good weekend. We had a conference that was a culmination of the small group we had been attending. There were several groups in our church doing the same thing, as well as 10 other churches in town having the same kind of small group. They all got together at once church's location. The conference was good for a lot of people. There were good things for me as well, and the format made it challenging for me to stay engaged. Part of my issue was that I had recently got a lot of the breakthroughs that normally happen at the conference earlier and through different means, so it felt a bit redundant for me. In addition, the format made the weekend exhausting, so I was drained, which also affected my outlook. The struggle was real to focus on the good that happened. Finally, there were forces at work that wanted me not to get anything out of the conference, and I had to call on the power of God to break through the affects of those forces. Then Sunday at Church I was able to process things out and see the good that happened that weekend, not just for me but for others. My church is very much a blessing to me. During services Sunday I prayed for "My Rebellion" (yes, I know it's Steve's too. The members of the forums I claim as my own). I sincerely hope you all come to find the freedom, belonging, redemption and peace I have found.

Very exciting to see how God continues to work in your life.

Sometimes at conferences I struggle. First off I don't do well with a lot of sitting (:smile-new:) and then when it is one speaker after another, I don't ever feel like I have time to process  and my head just feels like it's about to explode. We had a women's conference last month that was just the perfect amount of speakers mixed with the right amount of breaking into small groups and I really enjoyed it

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I sincerely hope you all come to find the freedom, belonging, redemption and peace I have found.

Thank you. :)

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

During services Sunday I prayed for "My Rebellion" (yes, I know it's Steve's too. The members of the forums I claim as my own). I sincerely hope you all come to find the freedom, belonging, redemption and peace I have found.

I think we can have many rebel leaders at the same time.  That's why it's the rebellion, not the Empire :)

61iROnJ-WaL._SY679_.jpg

I appreciate the wishes very much.  /salute

• Like 9

7 hours ago, Moros said:

I think we can have many rebel leaders at the same time.  That's why it's the rebellion, not the Empire :)

Oh I really like this :D 

• Like 4

20 hours ago, Moros said:

12 hours ago, RES said:

So does that make us a democracy or more of an anarchist community?

• Like 4

On 5/2/2019 at 3:34 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Today is a good day. I did laundry and Yoga, NF Water B. I also went grocery shopping. It felt really good to do Yoga. Part of what changed in me last night was the realization that simply starting a task is more important right now than finishing it. One of the ways my perfectionism has manifested itself in the past was to overanalyze something such that starting didn't feel worth it. I felt a freedom last night, an ability to simply start something rather than worry about how long it was going to take, or all the ways I could mess up. I've even noticed writing is a little easier, typing a little faster, even my vocabulary use has improved. This is not one sudden change, it's one of many steps in a long process, and by no means the last. Even so, it brings me hope, and peace. Today I felt more centered and peaceful than I have in a long time. Now I'm focused on how to nurture and deepen that peace and calm. 

Oh man do I hear you on this! It can be crippling, if left unchecked. 

If you haven't explored it yet, I highly highly recommend Brene Brown's Gifts of Imperfection. I've read it twice in 6 months.

• Like 1

On 5/6/2019 at 10:15 AM, Elastigirl said:

Very exciting to see how God continues to work in your life.

Sometimes at conferences I struggle. First off I don't do well with a lot of sitting (:smile-new:) and then when it is one speaker after another, I don't ever feel like I have time to process  and my head just feels like it's about to explode. We had a women's conference last month that was just the perfect amount of speakers mixed with the right amount of breaking into small groups and I really enjoyed it

This had zero processing time, it was all very rote. There was a reason for it, and I also think there are reasons for trying different things :) 

On 5/6/2019 at 11:23 AM, scalyfreak said:

Thank you. :)

You're welcome. It was sincere.

On 5/6/2019 at 1:04 PM, Moros said:

61iROnJ-WaL._SY679_.jpg

I appreciate the wishes very much.  /salute

You're welcome. 

19 hours ago, RES said:

It is a good thought. If you look at titles on the forums, Steve's is "Rebellion Commander" and mine is "Forum Commander" along with the Chaplain part.

6 hours ago, scalyfreak said:

So does that make us a democracy or more of an anarchist community?

4 hours ago, Tova the Vibrant said:

Oh man do I hear you on this! It can be crippling, if left unchecked. 

If you haven't explored it yet, I highly highly recommend Brene Brown's Gifts of Imperfection. I've read it twice in 6 months.

I added that book to my Amazon cart, thanks!

Yesterday was a good day. Went and saw a house that didn't measure up to our standards. It was weird though, because the sellers were home. Courtesy dictates the sellers are not at home when potential buyers view a home, but whatever. It just meant I saved my snide comments for when we left ;) 

Today is a good day. Work, then the last session of our small group. Our church does not have permanent small groups, we have two long semesters at the beginning and end of the year, and a shorter semester during the summer. This keeps the groups rotating and mixing. It also helps to keep down cliques within the church, each group has a set end date, and you almost never have the exact same people in a small group the next time.

• Like 7
  • Haha 4

34 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Courtesy dictates the sellers are not at home when potential buyers view a home,

This is how it’s supposed to work.  But when we were selling our first home we ran into issues.  Realtors would just show up, with no appointment (and call saying, well we’re here, can we come in anyway) at say, dinner time, while I’m cooking for goodness sake.  Then leave nasty feedback about the house having a “smell”.  Yeah, it’s called dinner, you jerk.  Most of the time it worked out, they’d make appointments, I’d pack up kid and dogs, and we’d go......away.  

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I'm a Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch man myself, but this was far more apropos. 

My absolute favorite:

:)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

When we  were  house hunting, there was one house where the guy was in the house. He sat in his recliner chair and just started at us. Really weird. Maybe his wife wanted to sell and he didn't? Whatever, if he was trying to get rid of us, it worked. We looked briefly at the house and then left.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Rinna said:

This is how it’s supposed to work.  But when we were selling our first home we ran into issues.  Realtors would just show up, with no appointment (and call saying, well we’re here, can we come in anyway) at say, dinner time, while I’m cooking for goodness sake.  Then leave nasty feedback about the house having a “smell”.  Yeah, it’s called dinner, you jerk.  Most of the time it worked out, they’d make appointments, I’d pack up kid and dogs, and we’d go......away.  

I could tell they had been boiling pasta. However, we would have decided against the house had they been there or not.

14 hours ago, scalyfreak said:

My absolute favorite:

:)

I first watch Life of Brian when I was in Seminary. I had been studying about the Ancient Near East, and prevailing Jewish theology at the time, as well as the historical and political landscape of Palestine. It really helped me appreciate how well the Pythons had done their homework in researching the time period. They guys really are brilliant. Apart from Gilliam, who is American, they all went to Oxford or Cambridge. Cleese studied as an Attorney, though I don't think he ever practiced, and Chapman studied as a doctor, though he never practiced either. Idle was an English major, Jones and Palin studied history.

13 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

When we  were  house hunting, there was one house where the guy was in the house. He sat in his recliner chair and just started at us. Really weird. Maybe his wife wanted to sell and he didn't? Whatever, if he was trying to get rid of us, it worked. We looked briefly at the house and then left.

Some folks are just weird. 

• Like 5

14 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

15 hours ago, Rinna said:

Not when selling, but when we were renting and moving out, our landlord would do all kinds of ridiculous things. Like schedule visits, then show up an hour earlier or come on a different day. It got to the point where we stopped caring if we were home or not. He got pretty salty about the whole thing, but it was beyond ridiculous.

He was also a realtor, so I can only imagine he did similar things when doing walk-throughs with buyers. 

• Like 4

Didn't Terry Jones also write a rather influential history book? I feel like I remember my Crusades class professor talking about it. 

On 5/6/2019 at 10:39 AM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

During services Sunday I prayed for "My Rebellion" (yes, I know it's Steve's too. The members of the forums I claim as my own). I sincerely hope you all come to find the freedom, belonging, redemption and peace I have found.

Truth be told, I felt a tremendous sense of peace just reading this right here. You're doing wonderful work, Tank, and you are one of the good ones. :) 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I first watch Life of Brian when I was in Seminary. I had been studying about the Ancient Near East, and prevailing Jewish theology at the time, as well as the historical and political landscape of Palestine. It really helped me appreciate how well the Pythons had done their homework in researching the time period.

That thorough attention to detail, and the way it inevitable add multiple layers to every joke, is one of the reasons I enjoy Monty Python so much. Another dear favorite of mine is their "documentary" about the world's deadliest joke. :)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sylvaa said:

Not when selling, but when we were renting and moving out, our landlord would do all kinds of ridiculous things. Like schedule visits, then show up an hour earlier or come on a different day. It got to the point where we stopped caring if we were home or not. He got pretty salty about the whole thing, but it was beyond ridiculous.

He was also a realtor, so I can only imagine he did similar things when doing walk-throughs with buyers. 

I totally get if Renters are past caring, but these were owners. We asked about seeing a house today but our agent told us it has renters in it till the 31st of DECEMBER, and it's on the market right now. That one set me back a bit.

1 hour ago, NicTheRugger said:

Didn't Terry Jones also write a rather influential history book? I feel like I remember my Crusades class professor talking about it. 

Truth be told, I felt a tremendous sense of peace just reading this right here. You're doing wonderful work, Tank, and you are one of the good ones. :) 

I'm glad you found it helpful. 

12 minutes ago, scalyfreak said:

That thorough attention to detail, and the way it inevitable add multiple layers to every joke, is one of the reasons I enjoy Monty Python so much. Another dear favorite of mine is their "documentary" about the world's deadliest joke. :)

Squad!

Tell the...

JOKE!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

One of my fondest memories of my time in military service is the weekend when Comedy Central aired every episode of Flying Circus, back-to-back, in order, commercials only in between episodes.  My friend and I stayed awake for the whole thing (it was about 36 hours as I recall) and recorded them all on videotape.  Epic.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Cheetah said:

One of my fondest memories of my time in military service is the weekend when Comedy Central aired every episode of Flying Circus, back-to-back, in order, commercials only in between episodes.  My friend and I stayed awake for the whole thing (it was about 36 hours as I recall) and recorded them all on videotape.  Epic.

I netflix binged Flying Circus this year. It was my first time to see some stuff.

Today is a good day. We made an offer on a house! I also did a lot around our current place (cleaning, laundry, grocery shopping). No workout though. We had my parents over since today is Dad's Birthday. We also made it Mother's day for my mom since we won't see them Sunday. It was prepared chicken salad on croissants. Dad wanted Lemon Meringue Pie instead of cake, so we obliged. It was also a good intuitive eating day.  I didn't have lunch because I wasn't hungry. I had some samples at the store, but my meals were breakfast and dinner. I also didn't eat that much at dinner, one sandwich, some chips, a peach, and some pie. I'm hungry again a few hours later, so I might have something else.

• Like 16

I remember watching flying circus on TV as a kid.  

4 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

We made an offer on a house!

That was fast!  Is it still in the same general area where you are now?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

I remember watching flying circus on TV as a kid.  

That was fast!  Is it still in the same general area where you are now?

It's a little further east, but I can still easily get to the Taco place ;) 

Not much happened fitness wise, still good on intuitive eating.

Ok, let's be honest. Nothing happened fitness wise. I'm not beating myself up about it.

The offer on our house was accepted! 

• Like 15