• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

6 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

It's a little further east, but I can still easily get to the Taco place ;) 

Not much happened fitness wise, still good on intuitive eating.

Ok, let's be honest. Nothing happened fitness wise. I'm not beating myself up about it.

The offer on our house was accepted! 

Woohoo! Congrats!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Congratulations! How exciting :) 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

Congratulations on the house!

13 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Woohoo! Congrats!

12 hours ago, deftona said:

Congratulations! How exciting :) 

6 hours ago, darkfoxx said:

Congrats!! emoji322.pngemoji898.pngemoji322.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, GoodDoug said:

Hooray! Congratulations

Thanks everyone. We have:

• given the earnest money check to the realtor to drop off at the title company
  • scheduled the home inspection and the termite inspection
  • done some of the paperwork for the mortgage application
  • gotten an estimated mortgage payment that is only about 50 dollars over our current rent payment. Our bank pays the PMI instead of making us pay it. We also use the same copmany for auto insurance and renters insurance, so our homeowners insurance will be bundled. We will also be able to access all of our bank accounts (checking and savings) as well as our auto insurance, homeowners insurance, and mortgage on the same app and/or website
  • become very excited

As you might imagine, today is a good day. I made lunch! Lots of scrambled eggs and bacon with toast.

• Like 12

12 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

• gotten an estimated mortgage payment that is only about 50 dollars over our current rent payment. Our bank pays the PMI instead of making us pay it. We also use the same copmany for auto insurance and renters insurance, so our homeowners insurance will be bundled. We will also be able to access all of our bank accounts (checking and savings) as well as our auto insurance, homeowners insurance, and mortgage on the same app and/or website
  • become very excited

You are officially buying a house, that is exciting! Congratulations on being one step close to becoming one of the land-owning knights! :) 

• Like 1

On 5/9/2019 at 6:29 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Today is a good day. We made an offer on a house!

Awesome! 

On 5/9/2019 at 6:29 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Dad wanted Lemon Meringue Pie instead of cake, so we obliged. 

Did you bake it? 

• Like 1

New house is great and all (no, really, it is), but you know I wanna hear about the garden...

• Like 1

On 5/10/2019 at 3:29 AM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Woot! Woot!

On 5/11/2019 at 1:31 AM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

All about the priorities! :D

13 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

As you might imagine, today is a good day. I made lunch! Lots of scrambled eggs and bacon with toast.

Congratulations on the house! So happy for you! Enjoy this new phase.

• Like 1

On 5/7/2019 at 5:25 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Yesterday was a good day. Went and saw a house that didn't measure up to our standards. It was weird though, because the sellers were home.

This is so wild to me; when we sold, we didn't have the option to loiter.  There were one or two unscheduled appointments but the realtor let us know 30 minutes ahead of time so we could beat it.  Like I know selling a house is a MASSIVE PAIN IN THE ASS but if you want it sold fast, don't like, hang around to mean mug potential buyers and make them uncomfortable.....???

On 5/10/2019 at 7:31 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

YESSSSSSSSSSSSS CONGRATS!!!!

• Like 2

On 5/11/2019 at 3:06 PM, scalyfreak said:

You are officially buying a house, that is exciting! Congratulations on being one step close to becoming one of the land-owning knights! :) 

Thank you!

On 5/11/2019 at 3:18 PM, Harriet said:

Awesome! 

Did you bake it? 

No. I'm not much of a baker. Our grocery store had some pre-made and everyone was happy with it.

On 5/11/2019 at 7:31 PM, sarakingdom said:

New house is great and all (no, really, it is), but you know I wanna hear about the garden...

There's room for a garden. The previous owners were very much "pretty plant" gardeners as opposed to vegetable gardeners. I've never had much of a green thumb, but something about the soil calls to me, so I don't know what will happen.

22 hours ago, Xena said:

Great news about the house!!

Thank you!

15 hours ago, elizevdmerwe said:

Woot! Woot!

All about the priorities! :D

Congratulations on the house! So happy for you! Enjoy this new phase.

We plan to!

10 hours ago, shaar said:

This is so wild to me; when we sold, we didn't have the option to loiter.  There were one or two unscheduled appointments but the realtor let us know 30 minutes ahead of time so we could beat it.  Like I know selling a house is a MASSIVE PAIN IN THE ASS but if you want it sold fast, don't like, hang around to mean mug potential buyers and make them uncomfortable.....???

YESSSSSSSSSSSSS CONGRATS!!!!

Thanks! I know, that couple was so weird. They made a big deal on the description on all the real estate sites that they had not put a sign out in the yard. 

9 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

SO MUCH EXCITE!!!

Yes!

Today is a good day. After church we had Sra. Tanque's parents over for lunch. I made some spaghetti, and to it I added some kalamat olives, some 4 cheese pasta sauce, some ground beef I cooked with salt, pepper, red wine vinegar and some chopped pepperoni. We had some good Parmesan and some garlic breadsticks with it, along with a bagged salad kit.

After they left we drove by the new house and got excited all over again. We have a working title for the house; Ithilien.  

• Like 9

7 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

There's room for a garden. The previous owners were very much "pretty plant" gardeners as opposed to vegetable gardeners. I've never had much of a green thumb, but something about the soil calls to me, so I don't know what will happen. 

I'm totally in favor of pretty plants! Though I admit I'd find it hard not to throw in some practical ones, too. But preferably pretty ones. (I'm not yet skilled enough to do both, but it will come.) Plants should be pretty.

24 minutes ago, sarakingdom said:

I'm totally in favor of pretty plants! Though I admit I'd find it hard not to throw in some practical ones, too. But preferably pretty ones. (I'm not yet skilled enough to do both, but it will come.) Plants should be pretty.

Yes, and this place has a lot of pretty.

So here are the photos of the place we copied off the realty site. I put them into an imgur album because there are a LOT. The house was well staged, so this is not any of our stuff of course. 

https://imgur.com/a/nKujvZX

• Like 10

Congrats!!!!

6 hours ago, sarakingdom said:

IMO they're prettier when they can be eaten. :D 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

So here are the photos of the place we copied off the realty site.

Ithilien is lovely!  I must say I am more than a little bit jealous of that kitchen :) 

• Like 1

On 5/9/2019 at 8:29 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

On 5/10/2019 at 6:31 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

This is important.

On 5/10/2019 at 6:31 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Congratulations!

On 5/11/2019 at 2:53 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

• become very excited

As you might imagine, today is a good day.

Actually, I think that sounds like a Good DayTM.

12 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

After they left we drove by the new house and got excited all over again. We have a working title for the house; Ithilien.  

I used to do this during the home buying process. Partly to get an idea of the commute from work; partly because I couldn't wait to move. I wondered once if I was creeping out the neighbors with my drive-bys.

Can't wait to see the house with your stuff in it.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, DJtrippyT said:

Congrats on the house! This is awesome !

Thanks!

8 hours ago, elizevdmerwe said:

Ooooh that is creating a lot of expectation this side ;) Can't wait for photos, one day.

:) 

8 hours ago, darkfoxx said:

emoji7.pngemoji7.pngemoji7.png the house!

Thanks.

7 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Congrats!!!!

IMO they're prettier when they can be eaten. :D 

Squash blossoms are very nice.

4 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Ithilien is lovely!  I must say I am more than a little bit jealous of that kitchen :) 

We are looking forward to it.

3 hours ago, deftona said:

I love the house and I hope you are both very happy there :)

So do we.

54 minutes ago, EricMN said:

This is important.

Congratulations!

Actually, I think that sounds like a Good DayTM.

I used to do this during the home buying process. Partly to get an idea of the commute from work; partly because I couldn't wait to move. I wondered once if I was creeping out the neighbors with my drive-bys.

Can't wait to see the house with your stuff in it.

We are looking forward to it too.

The home inspector we hired has a bad taste in his mouth for the neigborhood the house is in. He got involved in a lawsuit over foundation work there and I got the impression he'd suggest we look elsewhere. Some of the things he expected before he even saw the house were not an issue. He's still in the process of looking over the house, and will have to go back in the afternoon to finish. He indicated to the real estate agent that we might want to consider him not doing the full report to save some money. I think the inspector is negatively biased based on his experience with other houses in the area. I told them to go ahead and do the report. The sellers have been reasonable so far, I suspect we can negotiate with them. If not, we'll move on.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

You and me both. Look at all that work space!

• Like 1