• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

9 hours ago, scalyfreak said:

Ouch. I'm sorry to hear that.

9 hours ago, Cataleya said:

Sorry to hear the deal fell through, but I am glad you're still cooking. Your dishes always sound so good!

8 hours ago, DrFeelgood said:

That's a bummer.  If it helps, I've never regretted walking away from a house purchase when the deal went sour.

6 hours ago, deftona said:

I'm sorry to hear that Tank but it obviously wasn't meant to be. I bet the house you get will be much better - this is what happened to us :) 

5 hours ago, Tateman said:

Oh man, that sucks 

54 minutes ago, WhiteGhost said:

Bummer about the house.  I know you guys were so excited about it and now to have it fall through is really tough  

1 minute ago, darkfoxx said:

Ugh! The same happened to us - but we ended up loving the place we bought even more than we would have loved the other.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just now, Rinna said:

They’ll find it hard to sell, with that much needing done.  

Thanks everybody. It stinks

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

giphy.gif

Stupid house people. Your house is out there, waiting for you to fill it u with balloons and fly to south america....

Thanks.

3 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Catching up on your thread has been quite the roller coaster of emotions.

:) 

On 5/15/2019 at 9:27 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

As for that book title, why would you change the name of The Subtle Science of Not Giving a Frick?

Yay Science!

On 5/15/2019 at 9:27 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

The flavors were perfectly balanced, as all things should be.

Spoken by a perfectionist. Balanced well enough to be tasty is sometimes ok too.  :-)

• Like 1

On 5/19/2019 at 4:52 AM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

They did not :(

The deal fell through.

I'm sorry to hear, but hang in there. The right house will come your way.

On 5/19/2019 at 3:40 PM, Rinna said:

They’ll find it hard to sell, with that much needing done.  

Yip, except if they find a serious DIY'er and are willing to cut down on the selling price. Can't think anyone would be willing to buy a house with such serious issues though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, elizevdmerwe said:

Yip, except if they find a serious DIY'er and are willing to cut down on the selling price. Can't think anyone would be willing to buy a house with such serious issues though.

Our realtor told us someone will come along and either be willing to fix the issues themselves or just live with them.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, elizevdmerwe said:

But, if they’d be financing, the bank might not approve the loan.  Cash sale, sure, but banks are pickier.

• Like 3

Catching up, what a bummer about the house. Your perfectly imperfect house is still out there. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Rinna said:

But, if they’d be financing, the bank might not approve the loan.  Cash sale, sure, but banks are pickier.

I'm curious if the bank would have approved the loan.

2 hours ago, DJtrippyT said:

Catching up, what a bummer about the house. Your perfectly imperfect house is still out there. 

Thank you!

• Like 1

On 5/21/2019 at 12:55 AM, Rinna said:

17 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I'm curious if the bank would have approved the loan.

Here it would depend on the person/s taking out the loan. If the bank thought their good for it, they would approve the loan, including the extra needed to fix the house. It would also depend on whether the house can be resold readily, if the bank takes back the house because payments aren't met. A lot of people either fix the house up themselves when they buy, because they want to update things like plumbing, or fix the roof, tile previously wooden/carpeted floors, tile out the bathroom, etc. or people who are going to sell soon, and have paid off a significant amount on their homeloan already, re-borrow some of that money to fix the house up before selling. It all depends on whether the bank sees potential in the property, and if they think they'll get their money back.

Edited by elizevdmerwe
  • Like 2

I am so thankful I don't have to go through the home buying process again...so many fell through before we found this one, yours is out there! :)

Now I'm off to find your new thread :D 

• Like 1