Seattle/Everett?

All the nerds I know here are board game nerds! I'd be up for something outdoorsy and fun in the summer, but I tend to hermit when it's all rainy :-P

Sent from Tapatalk, all errors are the app's fault! ;-)

Level 6.5 Female Druid/Celtic Goddess
(Str. - 14) (Dex. - 10) (Sta. - 11) (Con. - 10) (Wis. - 11) (Char. - 13)

My Most Recent Challenge!

Spoiler

Awake every morning and do your best to follow this daily To-Do List:

1. Think Positively 2. Eat Healthy 3. Exercise Today. 4. Worry Less. 5. Work Hard. 6. Laugh Often. 7. Sleep Well.

Then? Repeat...

"Promise me you will always remember: You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
RIP C.H. aka. TexasToast

Saturday works for me, but prior to 5 so maybe there's some happy hour deals we can get. I like capitol hill, I can bring Settlers of Catan. There's got to be a bar that we can bring board games to. The redditors meet up for board games at Elysian, how about that? I'm open for suggestions, and I live in West Seattle so we should go to Vidiot some time, too! (free video games including classic Mario Kart). 

I just checked my settlers box and the cities and knights expansion pack is all mixed together, so I think we might only be able to play with 4 total unless someone has a 5-6 expansion. I'll get back to you.

No can do kids, I'm booked until after New Years. Next weekend is Xmas parties etc. Then I'm out of town over Xmas break until New Year's Day.

Board game places: cafe Mox in ballard, but you want reservations, AFK tavern in Everett but I've never been, there's a coffee shop that does board game nights on Tuesdays in Seattle too but I can't remember what it is.... There's a coffee shop place up here in mill creek called "the filmore" that has like 30 tvs with game consoles and you can play new games for $7 an hour...the tables are free to use for games though, just not big tables....

Spoiler

1. Think Positively 2. Eat Healthy 3. Exercise Today. 4. Worry Less. 5. Work Hard. 6. Laugh Often. 7. Sleep Well.

Then? Repeat...

"Promise me you will always remember: You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
RIP C.H. aka. TexasToast

Lynnwood area!  Getting together sounds fun, but I'm absurdly busy, so my participation will be spotty.

"Whether or not you can never become great at something, you can always become better at it." -Neil DeGrasse Tyson

"I believe every human has a finite number of heartbeats. I don't intend to waste any of mine." - Neil Armostrong

Current ChallengeCrossFit Open Profile

Lynnwood area! Getting together sounds fun, but I'm absurdly busy, so my participation will be spotty.

Start whiny voice: "You are alllllways busy!" /end whiny voice.

I'm back in the country! Yay!

This weekend is no good, family still in town...

The weekend of January 17th won't work because I'm judging Niccolo (okay, maybe not HIM cuz I wouldn't impartial...but someone...) in the CrossFit event at our box... PhotoBrandon's wife is due any day now... Other weekends I am available and I bet if we can plan several weeks in advance, maybe the ever elusive Niccolo maybe able to make an appearance? :-P

• Like 1

Spoiler

Then? Repeat...

RIP C.H. aka. TexasToast

How many of us would be bringing significant others? (Me)

Spoiler

Then? Repeat...

RIP C.H. aka. TexasToast

How many of us would be bringing significant others? (Me)

Me ( If I can talk him into it that is)

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

Elastigirl:Luck Favors The Prepared - Current Challenge: August 1 to September 4 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Sounds like you're my kind of nerds :-) Settlers is fun, particularly when there are drinks involved.

I'm in North Seattle.

Does anyone go to AFK Tavern (Bellevue/Everett)?

Or Cafe Mox (Ballard) is a boardgame store/cafe/bar where you can play any of the games for free try before you buy mentality while enjoying adult beverages. At least that's my understanding and I'm sticking to it!

"This ogre is going to be a ranger, it's journey that I will take one day at a time," says me.

I love cafe Mox, but with a large group we need to reserve at least one room and those book up months in advance... Iron_maiden75 you should message PhotoBrandon! He lives in Northgate. :)

Never been to AFK tavern though... Don't know about the atmosphere etc.

Spoiler

Then? Repeat...

RIP C.H. aka. TexasToast

All those places are new for me so they all sound good. Anyone up for making calls to reserve rooms or space for us? I just got a job, so now I'm not 100% I'll be able to make the 31st but I'd love for this to still get planned. I think it'd be pretty awesome to have a regular meetup once a month or so. Or maybe a games meetup and a fitness meetup each month?

If I do make it to the meetup it will be just me. My significant other enjoys and supports my nerdiness, but probably wouldn't want to tag along on this :P 

Let's say yes to the 31st, I'm sure we will have plenty of recurring meet ups.

And how about Cafe Mox? Let me know if you would rather try something else otherwise I'll give them a call this week.

I highly doubt they have a room available for so many people this soon, but I will keep my fingers crossed... (like I said, I've had to book rooms there at least 3 months in advance... )

How many people is that? 10? 12? 12 is the max for one of those rooms...

Me and hubby should be able to come...but I have had such a crazy, busy, year at school this year, I'm far too flaky to be the social planner sadly!

If all else fails, the filmore in mill creek has some tables and a ton of game consoles, alcohol and maybe light snacks... But i know it's not super convenient for those southward...

Spoiler

Then? Repeat...

RIP C.H. aka. TexasToast