Seattle/Everett?

I'll be at Lynnwood Crossfit all weekend judging our competition if anyone wants to pay a visit! I'll be in green and gold! Not sure how much chance I'll have to say hi, but it should be entertaining to watch!

Especially Sunday, if you aren't into football and enjoy vertical acrobatics (aka pole dancing lol) anyways! :-P I won't be dancing... So don't worry! LOL

Sent from Tapatalk, all errors are the app's fault! ;-)

Level 6.5 Female Druid/Celtic Goddess
(Str. - 14) (Dex. - 10) (Sta. - 11) (Con. - 10) (Wis. - 11) (Char. - 13)

My Most Recent Challenge!

Spoiler

Awake every morning and do your best to follow this daily To-Do List:

1. Think Positively 2. Eat Healthy 3. Exercise Today. 4. Worry Less. 5. Work Hard. 6. Laugh Often. 7. Sleep Well.

Then? Repeat...

"Promise me you will always remember: You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
RIP C.H. aka. TexasToast

Good to see all of the new Nerds in the area!  I'm the new father that was mentioned earlier in the thread.  It'll be a while before we have a social life again, but I do look forward to meeting you all down the line =)

Just wanted to throw out that based on past experience the best way to actually make a meetup happen, is for someone to take the initiative to pick a date/time, make a reservation for it, and get the word out.  If you guys wanted to do cafe mox someone should probably call and find out the first Sunday they have an open room, make the reservation, and report back.  Gasworks park or the Ballard Locks are also nearby if you guys wanted to do an in a park workout before the board games, but this time of year that is likely to be a very wet experience =)

Third place books in Lake Forest Park is another potential option for a meetup.  The group may divide over a couple of tables if too many people show up, but it is free, has an ok food court, and is a neat book store.  People would have to bring their own games, but with this crowd I highly doubt that'll be a problem.  Crazymags can always pick things up from our library to bring as well.

When life settles down I'll see about getting something setup for maybe April or so as well.  We are also planning on a lot of hiking this summer, wouldn't mind some company on those =)

• Like 1

Photobrandon is the one who always takes initiative, I tend to just show up and mooch off of his hospitality... [emoji173]ï¸

Sorry I was so flaky! Summer is what works best for me, as I'm a teacher, I am usually far too flaky during the school year to nail down all the social arrangements! Sorrryyyy nerdsssss *squeeze*

Spoiler

1. Think Positively 2. Eat Healthy 3. Exercise Today. 4. Worry Less. 5. Work Hard. 6. Laugh Often. 7. Sleep Well.

Then? Repeat...

"Promise me you will always remember: You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
RIP C.H. aka. TexasToast

Photobrandon is right! As a result, I've booked Cafe Mox! 

Things to know:

This ain't free. The minimum to book is 4 hours and it's $10/hour. If there are less than 5 of us, I think I'll try to move it to a better time, but I personally don't mind spending $10 or less (each) for 4 hours. The more people, the less we pay! (I can cancel up to 24 hours prior)

We can order food and drinks in the green room, but no outside food or drink.

I'll bring Settlers of Catan and this will give me an excuse to buy an expansion. It might only be 6 players max, but maybe we can partner-up, or suggest a different game, I'm open for any game!

This is was the next possible booking:

"Your appointment is for 4 Hours on Sunday, March 29, 2015 7:00 PM with Green Room"

• Like 1

Usually if you order over $150 or something they will cover the "fee" which if enough people show up shouldn't be an issue...

I will put it into my calendar and hope it works out! We can bring games etc. too, like ticket to ride or dominion.... Photobrandon has a bunch of games too so if he can make it, it should be fine!

Spoiler

Then? Repeat...

RIP C.H. aka. TexasToast

We are moving and getting rid of almost everything we own (anyone collect comics by chance, btw?) over the next few weeks, so really not sure we have time to squeeze this in, but I'm going to try to get ahead on things and at least make an appearance.  Also I wouldn't worry too much about bringing games, they have quite the library there to borrow for free.

Grecoair:  I might toss some PM's to people who expressed interest in this thread but haven't responded.  It should give an alert to their e-mail so there is a better chance of them seeing this event and making it.  Like you said, its cheaper with more people.  And more fun!  Also kudos for taking the lead on this, like I said earlier I'll get something planned down the line as well when life calms down a bit.

• Like 2

Oh my gosh I didn't realize the date you set up was for March I thought it was February! I can make this! Anyone else going to be there?

Yes, I plan on being there.Even talked my husband into it.

• Like 2

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

Elastigirl:Luck Favors The Prepared - Current Challenge: August 1 to September 4 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Excited! As there are so many of you I don't know!!!

This is me and hubby by the way, so you can prepare yourself for how shockingly sketchy we are... ;-)

3d55f1edc46c5f979886c4a3dbbbb8ed.jpg

P.s. PhotoBrandon's wife is a cereal killer... WATCHOUT! ;-)

• Like 1

Spoiler

Then? Repeat...

RIP C.H. aka. TexasToast

totes sketch. Those bums at 3rd and Pine called, they want their hoodies back.

kidding, of course. Nice picture. :)

mmmm, cereal. ^^

• Like 2

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Wahoo - Seattle Nerds meetup!  I'm going to mark my calendar but need more details.  I've gathered from the threads we are meeting at Cafe Mox in Seattle on March 29th, but what time frame?  Also, I haven't ever been to Cafe Mox.  Is there a room or a table where we will gather?  I will be there for sure, maybe I'll talk the husband unit into coming along with me :)

Rock Gnome Assassin

Lvl 28

Yes, the room that was booked is capped at like, 8-10 though I think? It could be interesting!

I can't wait to meet all the nerds!

Spoiler

Then? Repeat...

RIP C.H. aka. TexasToast

I won't be able to stay the whole 4 hours, as Sunday's are school nights :-P but I'll stop by for a little bit! Hubby may NOT actually accompany me, as he has a thing in Wenatchee that weekend

Spoiler

Then? Repeat...

RIP C.H. aka. TexasToast

I'm planning to show up at 7pm and stay at least a couple hours (like Separatist its a school night for me).  I hope to be wearing a new NF t-shirt to identify myself but just in case - here I am with the husband unit (who may accompany me after all since I told him that there would be beer...).

facebook.jpg

Rock Gnome Assassin

Lvl 28

I'm planning to show up at 7pm and stay at least a couple hours (like Separatist its a school night for me).  I hope to be wearing a new NF t-shirt to identify myself but just in case - here I am with the husband unit (who may accompany me after all since I told him that there would be beer...).

facebook.jpg

such a cute couple! My hubby is coming too. We probably won't stay late.Unless hubby get's involved in a game. In which case he will keep playing and I will curl up in a corner and sleep. :) I'll wear my NF shirt.Just have to remember to wash it first, since I work out in it :redface-new:

• Like 2

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

Elastigirl:Luck Favors The Prepared - Current Challenge: August 1 to September 4 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

We are all extremely sketchy mom2sjm!!! ;)

I ALMOST worked out in my NF shirt today... I may wear my sweatshirt instead though... So we aren't ALL twinsies... ;)

• Like 1

Spoiler

Then? Repeat...

RIP C.H. aka. TexasToast

Ahhhh!  The Walking Dead finale!!  I forgot that it's officially on Sunday because I have a TV pass and watch it later during the week on my laptop while doing something boring (like laundry, like dishes, paying bills...).  

Rock Gnome Assassin

Lvl 28