UnquietBones equips the teaspoon again!

One of the main things I am bad at is mindfulness and tracking. Thus this shiny new thread in which I am committing to updating (mostly) every night from 8:30-8:45.

My goals are starting small and staying small, but will most likely morph as the days (weeks/months/years) go by. So what I'm tracking will hopefully keep changing, but not the why.

Current Goal: update the mindfulness log for 7 days in a row

Learning the art of Failing Upwards... (or: Moving Mountains with Teaspoons!)

www.Martha.net - Model Horses, Stories, Webcomics, Plaster Casting, Treadmill Gaming, etc... because you can never have too many hobbies!

Day 1 Notes

Food: I ate at home for breakfast and dinner, but ate out for lunch. I chose a smaller than normal lunch, so while it was bad it wasn't horrible. I drank a large Diet Coke with lunch (boo!) because an allergy headache was oncoming, otherwise I drank Mio (with caffeine).

Movement: I mowed both the front and back lawns before the Evil Allergies of Evil (seriously, my black car is green right now) smote me. I carried two things of kitty litter into the basement and did one load of laundry (more basement steps, yay?).

Planning: I committed to the nightly updates and am working on a 'perfect end of the day' routine to help get my mind ready for bed. I need to get a perfect morning routine down as well, but am starting small. :D  I am also thinking about some larger goals where I can color things in as I move towards them (as I love coloring things). I'd like to hang some posters in the bedroom to inspire me in the morning!

Learning: I didn't do any learning yet today because a) sidetracked and b) mowing. I did get my personal Udemy account setup and the old work one disabled (so it doesn't interfere). I found one free class that I will take starting tomorrow and am going to watch some random YouTube videos on programming methodologies before bed.

Creativity: I've been working on redesigning the '31 Days of' ebook covers in Canva. I am going to work some more on the new writing prompts ebooks tonight before bed.

www.Martha.net - Model Horses, Stories, Webcomics, Plaster Casting, Treadmill Gaming, etc... because you can never have too many hobbies!

Day 2 Notes

Food: I ate breakfast, lunch, and dinner out. This is a typical fail-day, so my starting point is any time I eat at home it counts as a win! :lol:

Movement: I spent almost the entire day at the computer, so no bueno.

Planning: I completely missed the night update, since we went out to eat at 8pm. I did almost no future planning as I got wrapped up in the eBook cover creation.

Learning: Nada.

Creativity: I spent the entire day (more or less) working on a new round of covers for my eBooks. I found a very helpful Facebook group and after some tweaking managed to come up with a new format that everyone seems to like. But I have a lot of covers to redo and a lot of books to go back and tweak! (If they are getting new covers, it couldn't hurt to get the insides shinied up as well.)

Day 3 Notes

Food: I ate out for brunch and dinner... but I did buy food so I can bring lunch for my first day at the new job tomorrow! Just snacking veggies and small munchies, since I'm not sure how they do lunch there. That way I can nibble if we go out for lunch, or just nom the whole lot if there's a shorter lunch break.

Movement: I sat at the computer desk again.

Planning: I meant to get online and post the update at 8:30... and then got distracted. *facepalm*

Learning: Nada.

Creativity: Once again I spent the whole day on the covers! On a good note, all of the books on Amazon now have new covers (and new innards). I also have a bunch of new covers for new books that are all in various states of WIP.

Mostly I am just stressing out about the first day at a new job tomorrow. It feels like moving to a foreign country! ...In theory. I've never done that so I have no clue how close a comparison it actually is.

Day 4 Notes

Food: Ate breakfast at home before work, packed a lunch to eat at work, and cooked dinner when I got home... WIN! :D

Movement: There was a lot of sitting at computer desks again... woe.

Planning: Created calendars in my not-really-a-bullet-journal up until June and put in the major events/commitments (including the next NF challenge!). Remembered to come post here! :)

Learning: I took notes at work, but failed a bit on doing any studying after I got home. In my defense, I got home a lot later than expected, so I may need to do my learnings in the morning instead.

Creativity: Took a break from the creative today, but I did work on my computer game in my downtime at work! :D So I've hashed out what direction I want to take that code, once I get a chance to sit down and work on it again.

Day 5 Notes

Food: Bad headache this morning (but not a migraine, thankfully), so breakfast and lunch out, but hubby cooked dinner so still one win! :)

Movement: So. Much. Sitting.

Planning: I came here to update the log, but no real planning for today. I am hoping to get more done in the morning (and will be drinking a lot of water before bed!)

Learning: Lots of playing around with things at work, and then came home and tried to mimic some of it. (Setup Ubuntu in a VirtualBox)

Creativity: Headache means breaktime for now...

Day 6 Notes

Food: I ended up eating out for all three meals, due to allergies and bad sleep. I am going to try to be nicer to Tomorrow-Me and go to sleep earlier tonight.

Movement: I walked a very small bit at lunch while looking for a place to eat and then did three trips up and down the stairs to the basement.

Planning: Updated the log, recharged my Fitbit battery so I can start wearing it again. Started to think about what I can do on a regular basis to make my life easier the next day.

Learning: Fought the good fight trying to get Angular setup on Ubuntu, but for some reason, the permissions for the cli install are failing and I can't figure out why (arg!). There will be someone else there tomorrow I can ask for help (the folks who helped me today couldn't figure it out either, alas).

Creativity: Nothing today.

Day 7 Notes (Thursday)

Food: Still eating out.

Movement: Nada.

Planning: Got sidetracked and completely forgot about the log. *facepalm* Oh well... baby steps!

Learning: Got the other-peoples-software part to work just fine... and spent the rest of the day fighting with our company software. *sigh* At least I am getting all the Linux commands hammered into memory by repetition! ;)

Day 8 Notes (Friday)

Food: Ate breakfast at home, then a large lunch out, and a very small dinner at home.

Movement: Does hiding in the basement count?

Planning: Virginia had tornado warnings, so I spent my evening hiding in the basement and then ditzing around with no power. Whee.

Learning: Laptop is finally working at work, so I spent a good part of the day just learning how the company's software works.

Day 8 Notes (Saturday)

Food: Breakfast out, lunch in, dinner out

Movement: I worked on weeding the blueberry raised boxes (they were VERY overgrown) and then did some trips and down the basement stairs. My knee doesn't love me much right not. (woe)

Planning: The power was out for most of the day (tree up the street took out the power lines) ((yay?)) so I re-read Level Up Your Life and started planning out what I want to do for the new challenge that starts on Monday. Lots of doodling and happy daydreams! :D

Learning: Nada, was going to work on Linux but the Mighty Storm Gods decided having a down day would be nice.

Creativity: Finished building a small molding box to try and cast a better version of the basic Fat Pony magnet. Broke apart the leaping Fat Pony magnet and going to do a complete resculpt-- just not happy with the way it looks now. Sculpted some wings on another Fat Pony magnet, but didn't start up the unicorn version yet. (I have the horn done, at least! :lol:)

Day 9 Notes (Sunday)

Food: Breakfast out, lunch in, dinner out

Movement: I walked around for a bit while shopping and cleaned the fish pond filter.

Planning: Nada, other than coming here and posting the update and thinking about what I want to accomplish for the next challenge.

Learning: Nada

Creativity: Worked on some writing prompt collection eBooks that I want to release next week.

Day 10 Notes (Monday)

Food: Breakfast out, lunch out, and skipped dinner because I wasn't hungry

Movement: Mowed the lawn, grocery shopped

Planning: Drew out calendars for July and August in my not-a-bullet-journal, marked off some important events in the new months

Learning: Nada

Creativity: Doodled some doodles and created some new canva images for future Saturday Story Prompt posts

Day 11 Notes (Tuesday)

Food: Breakfast in, lunch in, dinner out

Movement: Laundry and did a kitty litter swap, so lots of basement steps!

Planning: Nada

Learning: Learned the basics of JIRA whilst at work

Creativity: Nada

Day 13 Notes (Thursday)

Food: Breakfast in, lunch in, dinner out

Movement: Nada

Planning: Drew up some more months in my not-a-bullet-journal and filled in relevant dates

Learning:  Did some research on how to tell what .jar file an import is in (and spent most of the day at work trying to backtrack to find out what libraries were needed) ((GAH))

Creativity: Did some Saturday Story Prompts and some doodling