• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

deftona

And That, Reader, Is How I Finally Got My Shit Together (Deffy # 50)

1 minute ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

It's like "How can we translate Big Bird as a Dress?

Bigbird-radar.png

Right?! I can't wait to see DFG in it. 

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, deftona said:

The scale was a little nicer in that I had dropped 2 of those 3 lbs I gained overnight by osmosis or whatever.

Your scale fears you.  As it should. 

• Like 3

Today's foods

I had to trim down the snack box because I had frozen the wings in sets of... wait, why am I lying, I wanted 5 wings for dinner and I won't make excuses for that.

Melba toast, satusumas, babybel, cheese spread triangle and a slice of my mom's homemade chocolate and walnut bread (toasted with butter, not pictured). I also planned to share a Fry's mint cream with TH but I wasn't weird enough to preslice it and shove my portion in the snackbox, I just waited until the evening and we ate it from one end each like in Lady and the Tramp*

*We didn't really. 

IMG_20190417_222643074.jpg

Dinner! Slow cooked honey soy wings with couscous, tomato and cucumber. 

IMG_20190418_204921360.jpg

• Like 10

I've never understood the appeal of wings.  It's so much work for so little meat.  But yours look good!

• Like 2

Bit late to jump on the "let's throw a wedding party thingie" but

BUT

HEAR ME OUT

How about we pull it off inside a wrestling ring? I know you and TH are both into wrestling, wearing crazy outfits will fit right in and according to wrestling law, the wedding ceremony shall be crashed and interrupted, so you don't have to actually end up married to TH

tenor.gif?itemid=7723689

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

7 hours ago, Cheetah said:

I've never understood the appeal of wings.  It's so much work for so little meat.  But yours look good!

I don't love them but I always buy chickens whole and use the whole damn thing because it seems a more ethical way of eating them. I even make stock out of the bones and wing tips. But this is why I end up with so many chicken wings in the freezer and I'm always looking for ways of using them up. TH doesn't love them either because he doesn't like meat on the bone too much so I stood in that kitchen last night and I stripped his wings for him. Aren't I a catch?!

13 minutes ago, DarK_RaideR said:

Bit late to jump on the "let's throw a wedding party thingie" but

BUT

HEAR ME OUT

How about we pull it off inside a wrestling ring? I know you and TH are both into wrestling, wearing crazy outfits will fit right in and according to wrestling law, the wedding ceremony shall be crashed and interrupted, so you don't have to actually end up married to TH

tenor.gif?itemid=7723689

I love this idea. We have considered having a wrestling themed wedding with the bouquet tied up above the ring Money in the Bank style. But as much as I get a little uncomfortable with the idea of marrying my boyfriend of 15 years, the more I think about it, that postmodern hellscape where I marry a stranger sounds like a riot, so maybe we have a wedding Royal Rumble and the winner gets to marry TH?

• Like 9

Thursday Update

I started the day on my beewasp mission. I stood outside by the bush and watched where they were going and it seems they were going into the old coal hole which eventually leads to the cellar window. I went into the cellar and cut the old cable wire that was keeping the window open, and I blocked off that window temporarily with cardboard. I have ordered some mesh to rig a screen since we need to leave the window open to aerate the cellar. I have only seen one or two in the cellar so it makes sense they are in the coal hole gap, and I had a good look to see if anything looked like a nest or hive anywhere and I couldn't see anything. We had another one in the vestibule when I got up and since most of them have ended up in there, I filled a hole they may have been coming through that I think might lead to the coal hole too, given it's position. While I was at it, I resealed the front door at the bottom because it was wearing away, and for the rest of the day we didn't have any more beewasps so I thought I had cracked it. More on that later. 

I did a welfare check on Scoot McNairy and he blinked at me so I didn't need to arrange a funeral. I did a lot of laundry, pegged it on the line and then the washing line collapsed as I was hanging the final thing which was just lovely. I carried the clothes horses outside and rehung everything so that's something I need to sort out today too. I took a break to watch Madmen and cuddle the cat, then I got to training. 

Because I have to do something else along with the elliptical, I had a go at the dance routines:

The French Montana one is very hard on the knees since I only have a tiled floor on which to practice so the Totoro knee socks saved the day again. This made me feel sexy as hell but I bet I didn't look it. 

The Strip That Down one was more cardio based and a bit less like a stripper getting her training heels off but it was fun, even if this woman is so peppy I want to throw things at her. I then did some squats, single leg deadlifts and standing side kicks to craft DAT ASS. 

After this I did half an hour on the elliptical on the highest booty settings. I need to remember as I am killing myself that when I do this it's about booty power and not speed, so as long as I am really focusing on firing the glutes I don't need to hit my usual KMs. I did intend to do longer than the half an hour but I was really sapped for energy because I had forgotten to eat more snack box items before I did so. I need to remember this and stack my calories to give myself more energy for workouts because I want an amazing arse a hell of a lot more than I want to be skinny. I don't think I want the latter at all tbh. 

After this I cleaned the conservatory windows, very very badly. I need to buy some better tools with which to do this. Then I sorted all the laundry out and since I have got rid of my laundry monster I have no room in my wardrobe so I need to go through it and offload or store some stuff. I went to pick up some groceries and buy my easter eggs, but they had sold out of the cheese easter egg I planned on getting TH so I had to get him something else. I bought the eggs for the girls at work and I need to buy my mom and dad's today. When we got home I served the dinner and then another bee got in so we spent the evening trying to figure out how. There was another one this morning too, so although we went a good 10 hours without having one after I sealed up that hole, we did get another two. There are lots of holes in the skirting board where the central heating pipes were put in and they haven't been sealed so I am going to look into what I should do that with. 

Oh the joys of buying an old house... I don't mind them being in the coal hole - they are more than welcome to stay there because I am pretty sure they are bees of some kind and bees are endangered and if I let them stay I surely bank some environmental karma so I can feel less bad when I buy a bottle of heat protection shampoo instead of a package free shampoo bar, right?! I just don't want them coming into the house since my cat obsesses over them if there is one around and she's mad as a box of frogs already, I don't need them sending her further into madness. 

Food wise, things were pretty alright. I had the chocolate and walnut bread for lunch and then nothing else until I was super sapped for energy after my workout, at which point I ate the satsumas and the melba toasts. Dinner was wings, couscous and salad and we shared the mint cream. I miscalculated the couscous so it's good I didn't eat the cheese bits in the snack box because I ended the day on 1774.

• Like 8

20 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

There are plenty of reasons to have cake and wear a dress

This needed to be restated.  No reason wedding themed costume parties can't be a thing.  Also, wedding cake always tastes awful so if you do throw a wedding themed party, just get some regular cake.

8 hours ago, Cheetah said:

I feel the same way about crabs, at least the tiny ones most people eat here.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, deftona said:

I love this idea. We have considered having a wrestling themed wedding with the bouquet tied up above the ring Money in the Bank style. But as much as I get a little uncomfortable with the idea of marrying my boyfriend of 15 years, the more I think about it, that postmodern hellscape where I marry a stranger sounds like a riot, so maybe we have a wedding Royal Rumble and the winner gets to marry TH?

You see, the two bolded parts clash. Here are a few alternatives:

1. We have a Money in the Bank style match and the winner gets to marry TH. For that extra spin, the marriage, just like the MitB title shot, can happen anywhere, anytime, as long as an official is present.
  2. We have a standard Ladder match, only instead of a briefcase, it's TH hanging from the rafters and whoever manages to release him also gets to marry him.
  3. We have a Royal Rumble match and the winner gets to marry TH, who in the meantime will be tied to a forlkift by the ring as a tribute to one of pro wrestling's worst match stipulations ever.
1 hour ago, WhiteGhost said:

I feel the same way about crabs, at least the tiny ones most people eat here.

Think of it as an exaggerated version of eating nuts whose shell hasn't been removed before. Some people enjoy the struggle more than the actual thing they get to eat, be it seeds, wings, crabs, shellfish or the tricky parts off the chicken leftovers, they're all for it. Then there's the real gross ones, the types who'll crack bones to suck off the marrow and skulls to eat the insides.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, deftona said:

bee

I try to avoid bees, as my doctor is pretty sure that a sting could kill me.  I hope you get yours sorted soon!

7 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

I would pay money to watch this event.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

We have a Royal Rumble match and the winner gets to marry TH

We have a Money in the Bank style match and the winner gets to marry TH

whoever manages to release him also gets to marry him.

Well isn't this all panning out great for TH, having everyone fighting over him while I remain on the shelf. He'll love this. 

1 hour ago, Moros said:

I would pay money to watch this event.

That's good because that dress I want ain't cheap. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Today's food

We went out for lunch on the fly because it's Good Friday therefore a bank holiday so it's reason to celebrate and the atmosphere is always great at the start of a 4 day weekend (though it's not for me). I had the premium surf and turf - sirloin steak, calamari, king prawns, lobster mac n cheese and chunky chips. 

IMG_20190419_145021209.jpg

We also had dessert - this is a cherry brownie, with cherry sauce on chocolate cookie dough with vanilla ice cream and a churro from TH's churro ice cream sundae. 

IMG_20190419_154000859.jpg

I didn't need anything else, this was more than enough. 

• Like 9

Friday Update

We did some beewasp scoping out and now we know where they are. They are in a place that is a complete pain in the arse. I think there are quite a few of them, but at least they're not in the house. I mean, they're right next to the house, but they're not in the house. I have blocked off their entry ways through the holes where the pipes come in and we haven't had another one in since. We're going to call the beekeepers association and get a local beekeeper to come and remove them if possible. 

We went in to town to get some stuff for the work we need to do around the house and I got my eyebrows done too. I had gone very much over my appointment and afterwards, TH looked at me and said "They do do a good job on your eyebrows, don't they?" (I told you he was honest with me...) I try to hide the fact I am actually a comic book villain from him so in future I shouldn't let this appointment go too far over, too much is at stake. While I was in town I popped into my favourite second hand shop and I bought a dress. It's very nice. Very short and slutty, just my sort of thing. Then we went for lunch (see post above). 

We got home and did the work in the house. We spent most of the afternoon in the garden and got a lot of work done. There is still a lot to do (again, the joys of buying an old house) but I feel like we're getting there and we both enjoyed being in the garden in the sunshine. I was still sort of full from lunch when it was time to do my workout so I didn't exactly bring it. It's the opposite problem to what I had the day before. Since TH was cleaning the conservatory windows which is where my gym is, I didn't want to do my dance routines because they're too sexy and when you wield that kind of power you have to think about others and I did not want a case of blue balls on my hands. So I just did some crunches. Not exactly in the spirit of this "do something other than just elliptical every time", but given I couldn't even be arsed to go upstairs and put my workout clothes on so just did it in my regular bra and knickers, it's not too bad in the scheme of things. Given the backache I got afterwards. I was taught a very important lesson on the importance of a supportive sports bra and there wasn't even that much movement going on. I'm pretty dumb, my back is still hurting today. 

I fasted until around 3 when we had the pub lunch and although I had dinner planned and scheduled on MFP I didn't need to eat it so I didn't. This technically flies in the face of my pre-planned dinners being immovable rule, but I'd rather not eat if I don't need to if the other option is to forcefeed myself just to pass. That definitely isn't in the spirit of things. I finished the day on 1990 calories which is great considering we went out for dinner and I wasn't trying to keep calories in check. 

• Like 7

On 4/18/2019 at 6:39 PM, deftona said:

Today's foods

I had to trim down the snack box

I think I really like this snack box concept. Do you have an actual box for your daily snacks, like a lunchbox, but just for snacks? I like snacks. A snack box would make snacks even more fun than just throwing them in with the rest of my food for the day.

2 hours ago, Tesseract said:

I think I really like this snack box concept. Do you have an actual box for your daily snacks, like a lunchbox, but just for snacks? I like snacks. A snack box would make snacks even more fun than just throwing them in with the rest of my food for the day.

When I was working really long days, like sixteen hours between leaving the house and getting home, I'd pack a bento box for lunch and a bento box of snacks. The box fit six silicone muffin cups, and it was always something like nuts, dried fruit/grapes, cheese, two of random vegetable slices depending on the veggie drawer contents, and one with something sweet, like dark chocolate squares, so it was super fast to pack. Once in a while I'd throw in some crackers or pepperoni slices. Whatever combination I felt like, so long as it fit into six muffin cups and contained at least two of fresh fruit/veggies.

• Like 1

It's basically an m&s lunch chiller bag. I put everything in here I have available to eat for the whole day with the exception of my evening meal. My salad box fits in here too. Then whenever I'm hungry I just eat what I want out of it, and if I open it and don't fancy what's in there I know I'm not really hungry.

IMG_20190420_192229982.jpg
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, deftona said:

It's basically an m&s lunch chiller bag. I put everything in here I have available to eat for the whole day with the exception of my evening meal. My salad box fits in here too. Then whenever I'm hungry I just eat what I want out of it, and if I open it and don't fancy what's in there I know I'm not really hungry.

IMG_20190420_192229982.jpg

Okay this basically what I do, except that you put more than you think you'll eat in there so you have options when the time comes. I like that. I think just the name is fun too, even though it's all in the same place.

Somewhat related, I've been wanting a new lunch bag. Mine is somewhat cute but is old and has had ickiness spilled inside enough that I really want to start fresh. This thing is way more intense than anything I'd need in my day to day life but would certainly accomplish the "snack box" effect! https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B079DZ2L1F/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_9?smid=AYB42Z5PFRML8&th=1

On 4/17/2019 at 4:13 PM, deftona said:

I could do a lot worse than having TH as a husband. 

Okay this is where I out myself and admit I always thought "TH" stood for "The Husband"

• Like 2

Okay this is where I out myself and admit I always thought "TH" stood for "The Husband"

No, I asked him how he wanted me to refer to him on here and gave him carte blanche and after a good long think, he settled on The Heron.

For whatever reason.

*Shrug*
  • Like 3

Today's available food

Cocktail sausage salad, snackbox biznatch and pie with peas and cheese, ham and onion mash with beer gravy. A dinner cooked by TH, a man of varied talents which don't include assessing a reasonable quantity of mash.
IMG_20190419_211136635.jpgIMG_20190419_211717623.jpgIMG_20190420_193734751.jpg

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, deftona said:

Today's available food

Cocktail sausage salad, snackbox biznatch and pie with peas and cheese, ham and onion mash with beer gravy. 

You guys across the pond and your foods! I'm so glad you included photos or I would have had zero idea what half of this was.

• Haha 1

Saturday Update

I didn't get much sleep Friday night, probably because we were working around the house until quite late and as a recovering insomniac I need a good bedtime routine that includes a lot of wind down time before I feel sufficiently relaxed to let sleep take me. Because of this, I was tired af on Saturday morning and I was working very early. We were already struggling for staff with it being Easter weekend and we had a bit of sickness that I couldn't cover so we knew we were in for a bit of a rough day and it certainly delivered. I was supposed to finish early but since I had to ask some people to stay late there is no way I was going to go "SEE YA!" and check out early because that would be all kinds of wrong so I stayed until the bitter end and didn't take my full break entitlement. It made it a pretty long day. On my journey home they had closed more roads so I had to drive an extra mile or so around the wrekin which was extra annoying because I COULD SEE THE ENTRANCE TO MY ROAD I just couldn't access it because of traffic cones. This is going to be a massive ballache and it's most annoying because they just came and put the traffic cones up to block off the road and then fucked off home. It's Easter weekend, they aren't going to be working today or tomorrow. What kind of sadist does that. 

I got in and TH had entertained a number of beekeepers during the day, who all came out and told us different things. Whichever way you slice it, I don't think they're honeybees so I don't feel as bad removing them if it comes to it. TH had also cooked us that amazing dinner (remember when he said he couldn't cook...) but even having eaten that my cognitive function didn't resume as I hoped it would, no doubt because I was exhausted by my very busy day and lack of sleep the night before. I was struggling to even converse properly so I just gave up and went in the bath. We tried to properly catch up on each other's days in bed but I immediately fell asleep on him. And I was talking such a good flirting game in the morning before I left for work - my mouth needs to stop writing cheques my body is too tired to cash later on in the day... 

Food wise, I fasted until lunch which was around half twelve when I ate my salad and apple. Then I had dinner which is hard to track when I haven't cooked it myself. I did my best and anyway I had a lot of calories left over from the snackbox items I didn't eat. I think I ended the day on around 1605 calories but I am less sure of this than I usually am. 

• Like 6