• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

annyshay

Annyshay: Endgame

On 5/10/2019 at 6:03 AM, annyshay said:

Self Care

- frankincense in the diffuser

And with that, I realize that I have no idea what frankincense smells like. In my mind, and I know this is wrong, it smells like grilled hot dogs. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Sciread77 said:

And with that, I realize that I have no idea what frankincense smells like. In my mind, and I know this is wrong, it smells like grilled hot dogs. 

Defintiely not! It's kind of hard to describe it, so you might have to head to Walmart (or fancier equivalent) and give it a sniff in the essential oils isle. ;) 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, annyshay said:

Defintiely not! It's kind of hard to describe it, so you might have to head to Walmart (or fancier equivalent) and give it a sniff in the essential oils isle. ;) 

I’m going to have to. I’ll let you know if I find it on my errands today. 

But I want a hot dog essential oil now. 

• Haha 4

38 minutes ago, Sciread77 said:

I’m going to have to. I’ll let you know if I find it on my errands today. 

But I want a hot dog essential oil now. 

I feel like that's a niche market. Lol.

• Haha 1

I feel like it might be a good idea to talk about my relationship with my body a little bit and the fact that exercise is shifting from something that I have to make myself do to something that celebrates what my body is capable of. I thought it would take getting to my smallest weight and my most physically active to have this break through, but it turns out that it actually came with an injury to my foot, my highest weight, and the commitment to take that injury and the rest of my body's needs seriously. I'm so grateful that I'm finding a new way forward. There are still lots of times where I get sucked into comparisons to other people or my past self, but I'm getting better at identifying these as unhelpful thought patterns and reminding myself of the awesome things that I can do now. The things that I'm working on and growing into. I'm really proud of this growth in my mindset, and I hope that I can continue to support it going forwards.

• Like 10

11 hours ago, annyshay said:

I'm so grateful that I'm finding a new way forward. There are still lots of times where I get sucked into comparisons to other people or my past self, but I'm getting better at identifying these as unhelpful thought patterns and reminding myself of the awesome things that I can do now. The things that I'm working on and growing into. I'm really proud of this growth in my mindset, and I hope that I can continue to support it going forwards.

Wonderful! 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, annyshay said:

Was also wondering, but didn't have a hotdog connection. Our previous neighbours across the road were Hindu, and I remember she once burned incense(?that what you call it?) sticks. It was a bit overwhelming and extremely strong. I got that into my head. Then wondered how Jesus and his parents handled it, as they were gifted frankincense weren't they?

16 hours ago, annyshay said:

I feel like it might be a good idea to talk about my relationship with my body a little bit and the fact that exercise is shifting from something that I have to make myself do to something that celebrates what my body is capable of.

Oh honey, so happy for you for this realisation!

*Hugs*

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

That's some very important progress, I'm happy for you.

7 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Wonderful! 

2 hours ago, elizevdmerwe said:

Oh honey, so happy for you for this realisation!

*Hugs*

Thanks guys. It's been a very subtle change, and I'm not sure it will last. But I'm hopeful!!!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, elizevdmerwe said:

Was also wondering, but didn't have a hotdog connection. Our previous neighbours across the road were Hindu, and I remember she once burned incense(?that what you call it?) sticks. It was a bit overwhelming and extremely strong. I got that into my head. Then wondered how Jesus and his parents handled it, as they were gifted frankincense weren't they?

Frankincense was definitely one of the Wise Men's gifts. The essential oil isn't very strong at all and doesn't smell like the incense sticks that I've been around in the past. Thank goodness.

• Like 2

Saturday - w3d7

Mindful Moments

- one during lunch - ate at the table, said grace, enjoyed

- one during dinner - sat at the table, took a few moments break while eating, focused on the tastes and textures

PT Exercises

- traced the alphabet

- iced my foot for 20 minutes x 3

Self Care

- frankincense in diffuser

- some time in the hot tub

- Stardew Valley

- journaling

- matcha

YWCA
- worked through all the upper body machines, upped weights and dropped reps

- swimming (2 warm up, 4 full, 6 kicking, 1 full, 2 cool down) ~ 30 minutes

• Like 6

10 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I have started using Frankincense essential oil as my beard oil.

Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard indeed. :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Sunday - w4d1

Mindful Moments

- one during breakfast - said grace, enjoyed the texture of my food

- one during lunch - sat at the table with some music playing and focused on what I was eating

PT Exercises

- ankle isometrics up, down, in x 10

Self Care

- church

- Trader Joe's (getting food for the week is definitely self care)

- tangerine in the diffuser

- listening to my favorite songs on spotify

- going away party with my buddies

• Like 6

I'm officially a mutant. :D

So, I went to the podiatrist this morning and it was helpful. He was able to diagnose what's been going on within a few minutes. I have an extra bone in my foot that's irritating a tendon. It's called accessory navicular syndrome. It causes flat feet and pain. He told me that I can get out of the boot that I've been wearing (YAY), and that I need more arch support basically. We're going to try that along with stronger anti-inflammatories (well, different ones) for 2-4 weeks and see if it gets better. If it starts to feel better, I ease back in to more movements that are weight bearing. For now, swimming is great. I'm really hopeful that we can get over the hump with this thing. 

• Like 9

I am an X-ray tech and worked in a podiatrist office for a few weeks (filling in for tech on vacation) so of course I had to go look at X-rays of accessory navicular bone. The human body is so amazing. The accessory bone can range from small sesamoid bone (type 1) to a larger extra bone called ossicle (type 2) or a larger and abnormally shaped navicular bone called cornuate (type 3). Good luck!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Monday - w4d2

Mindful Moments

- one during lunch - ate at the table while trying to fend off my delightful cat

- one during afternoon tea - sat and sipped what was in front of me with mindful intention, loved it all

PT Exercises

- iced for 20 minutes x3

Self Care

- hot tub

- matcha

- peppermint and lemon in the diffuser

- tea with a friend

YWCA - Swimming (~20 minutes)

- 2 laps warm up breast stroke

- 1 lap front crawl (took a pause between there and back again)

- 6 laps kicking (3 front crawl, 3 frog kicks)

- 1 lap front crawl there, breast stroke back

- 2 laps cool down breast stroke

• Like 8

So glad you found the problem. Hopefully the arch support helps. It seems like if you are a mutant you should have some special powers. I'm not really sure what special powers come from an extra bone in your foot though.:friendly_wink:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

23 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Me too!   (One of my molars has had six roots)

Image result for x-men

22 hours ago, elizevdmerwe said:

So glad to hear the problem was found and you are now actively working on improving the problem. That must be a huge relief for you.

I'm hoping that this will work, yes. It's great to be out of the boot as well.

22 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

So glad you found the problem. Hopefully the arch support helps. It seems like if you are a mutant you should have some special powers. I'm not really sure what special powers come from an extra bone in your foot though.:friendly_wink:

I really hope that we can make some progress. I miss all the things that I was doing before. I have not noticed any special powers yet, but I'll keep you posted!

• Like 5

Tuesday - w4d3

Mindful Moments

- one during dinner - ate a bunch of delicious food sitting and grateful

PT Exercises

- ankle isometrics up, down, in x 10

- great toe isometrics up, down x 10

- traced the alphabet

Self Care

- lavender in the diffuser

- down time after my presentations

- chatted with a friend

• Like 7

Wednesday - w4d4

Mindful Moments

- one during breakfast - I was eating out with a group, but I still took time to taste what I was eating

- one during dinner - enjoyed what I was eating, stopped when I was full

PT Exercises

- iced for 20 minutes x 3

Self Care

- put on music from spotify while working

- chatting with a friend

- Stardew Valley

YWCA - Swimming (~25 minutes)

- 4 warm up laps breast stroke

- 2 laps of front crawl (breaks between half laps)

- 2 laps of breast stroke

- 6 laps of kicking (3 front crawl, 3 breast stroke)

- 4 laps cool down breast stroke

• Like 6

Now that we are approaching the end of this challenge, I am curious how you've found the mindful eating moments. Is this something you want to continue? Is it helping? You mention stopping when you are full, is that the biggest win from it? What annoys you about it?

Sorry for all the questions, but I am genuinely curious.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GoodDoug said:

Now that we are approaching the end of this challenge, I am curious how you've found the mindful eating moments. Is this something you want to continue? Is it helping? You mention stopping when you are full, is that the biggest win from it? What annoys you about it?

Sorry for all the questions, but I am genuinely curious.

Don't apologize for your questions, they're great! I've been doing the mindful moments for a couple of challenges now, so it's the perfect time to reflect on them and see if I want to tweak things a bit more to support my actual goals. 

In general, I'm working to heal my relationship with food and remove a lot of the restriction and diet mentality from eating along the lines of Intuitive Eating. Mindful moments have served as a way to check in with myself and make sure that I'm not just on autopilot while I'm eating. I think you're right that the main way that it's helping me is noticing when I'm full and stopping eating. I've gotten pretty good about honoring my hunger, so looking for satisfaction with my eating and respecting my fullness are more the focus at the moment. I think it might be time to be a bit more specific in the future. The annoying thing is honestly deciding whether I've been mindful enough for it to "count" and trying to remember whether or not I've been mindful after the fact for recording purposes. So, I think I want to continue but tweak things a bit. I'm not sure how to tweak it yet, but I'm open to suggestions from my rebels!

• Like 5