• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

annyshay

Annyshay: Endgame

3 hours ago, annyshay said:

Don't apologize for your questions, they're great! I've been doing the mindful moments for a couple of challenges now, so it's the perfect time to reflect on them and see if I want to tweak things a bit more to support my actual goals. 

In general, I'm working to heal my relationship with food and remove a lot of the restriction and diet mentality from eating along the lines of Intuitive Eating. Mindful moments have served as a way to check in with myself and make sure that I'm not just on autopilot while I'm eating. I think you're right that the main way that it's helping me is noticing when I'm full and stopping eating. I've gotten pretty good about honoring my hunger, so looking for satisfaction with my eating and respecting my fullness are more the focus at the moment. I think it might be time to be a bit more specific in the future. The annoying thing is honestly deciding whether I've been mindful enough for it to "count" and trying to remember whether or not I've been mindful after the fact for recording purposes. So, I think I want to continue but tweak things a bit. I'm not sure how to tweak it yet, but I'm open to suggestions from my rebels!

I've been working on mindfulness too , and found the same issues with recording it. Last month I tried to quantify it a bit by actually timing it, and that was a fail. Next month I'm going back to vagueness.:friendly_wink:

• Haha 1

Thursday - w4d5

Mindful Moments

- one during lunch - ate standing up, was still hungry so had an apple and some peanut butter

PT Exercises

- ankle isometrics up, down, in x 10

- toe isometrics up, down x 10

Self Care

- lemon in the diffuser

- played around with a new worldbuilding website and discord

• Like 5

Friday - w4d6

Mindful Moments

- one during lunch - sat without a screen and paid attention to what I was eating

- one during dinner - sat without a screen, tried to eat slowly

PT Exercises

- iced for 20 minutes x2

Self Care

- started wearing a NF bracelet

- listening to music while I write

- played Stardew Valley with a friend

YWCA

- upper body machines circuit

- swimming

(2 warm up breast stroke, 1 breast stroke, 6 kicking, 1 breast stroke, 2 cool down breast stroke)

So, I'm really proud of the way that I handled things this morning. I wasn't really wanting to get out of bed or go to the gym. Instead of forcing myself to go, I spent time deliberating it. Eventually I decided that the feeling of having worked out was worth it to me. When I got to the gym, I realized that I hadn't brought my swim goggles. Instead of just giving up, I went upstairs and did some machines for my upper body. Then I swam a lighter session downstairs without doing any front crawl. In the end, I felt really good about my choices and the way that I had rolled with the challenges of the morning instead of caving in to either pushing myself or just giving up. 

• Like 8

Saturday - w4d7

Mindful Moments

- one for breakfast - gratitude, sitting down, tuned in to what was in my mouth

- one for lunch - sitting down, no screens, paid a lot of attention

PT Exercises

- traced the alphabet

Self Care

- peppermint in the diffuser

- lots of playing around online

- kitten snuggles

• Like 3

On 5/18/2019 at 1:31 AM, annyshay said:

had an apple and some peanut butter

I have an apple I need to eat soon before it goes bad but just eating it straight just doesn't appeal.  Pairing it with peanut butter, on the other hand, sounds like a wonderful snack.  Thanks for the idea :) 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

I have an apple I need to eat soon before it goes bad but just eating it straight just doesn't appeal.  Pairing it with peanut butter, on the other hand, sounds like a wonderful snack.  Thanks for the idea :) 

No problem. It's one of my favorites!

Challenge Wrap Up

Mindful Moments - I feel like I did a great job here. I've established good habits that are flexible enough not to get in the way. I'm going to try to track slightly differently next challenge but generally aim to maintain this goal.

PT Exercises - There's been a lot of ups and downs here, but I finally have a diagnosis and am on my way to healing my foot, hopefully. I'm going to be expanding this section to include other types of movement in the future, as I'm finally finding that I want to see what my body is capable of on a more regular basis.

Self Care - I'm really glad that I focused on this for a while, and I feel like my mood is starting to lift up since I've been more focused on being good to myself.

YWCA - I joined a gym for the first time in my adult life and have been using both the weight machines and the pool fairly regularly for a few weeks, so I want to keep solidifying good habits there.

Challenge Status - PASSED

DING! Level Up!!!

• Like 6

On 5/18/2019 at 1:41 PM, annyshay said:

In the end, I felt really good about my choices and the way that I had rolled with the challenges of the morning instead of caving in to either pushing myself or just giving up.

So great! I'm happy for you.

I'm so impressed with what you've managed to do, especially all the swimming. You actually have me thinking about starting swimming again... if it wasn't for winter being on the way.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, elizevdmerwe said:

So great! I'm happy for you.

I'm so impressed with what you've managed to do, especially all the swimming. You actually have me thinking about starting swimming again... if it wasn't for winter being on the way.

Thanks Elize. I've really been enjoying the swimming. Maybe winter's not the best time for wet hair though.

• Like 1