• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

annyshay

Annyshay: Endgame

Thor Ragnarok was where they finally showed they know what to do with Thor in his own movie. The first one was ok, and our standards were lower because there weren't as many movies out at the time. Thor The Dark World was probable the nadir of the entire MCU, it really felt like they were phoning it in just to be able to introduce another infinity stone. Ragnarok, on the other hand, covered a multitude of sins. Hemsworth finally got to have as much fun as Hiddleston.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Thor Ragnarok was where they finally showed they know what to do with Thor in his own movie. The first one was ok, and our standards were lower because there weren't as many movies out at the time. Thor The Dark World was probable the nadir of the entire MCU, it really felt like they were phoning it in just to be able to introduce another infinity stone. Ragnarok, on the other hand, covered a multitude of sins. Hemsworth finally got to have as much fun as Hiddleston.

You'll noticed the other two Thor movies didn't make my rewatch list. I had no interest in Thor outside of the Avengers until Ragnarok. I know some people thought it was too flippant, but I LOVE it.

• Like 2

Wait. Hold on. Should I avoid this thread until I see Endgame now?  I’m pretty sure my kiddos are gonna force us to see it this weekend but just in case. 

Also, my autocorrect is totally confused as to why I’m using “force” as a verb instead of in reference to The Force. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Off to watch Endgame in an hour :) 

ENJOY.

1 hour ago, Sciread77 said:

Wait. Hold on. Should I avoid this thread until I see Endgame now?  I’m pretty sure my kiddos are gonna force us to see it this weekend but just in case. 

Also, my autocorrect is totally confused as to why I’m using “force” as a verb instead of in reference to The Force. 

We'll try to keep things spoiler free. I'm not seeing it until Saturday. 

x631659_s.jpg.pagespeed.ic_.u-mDv89PlO.j

• Like 5

Thursday - w1d5

Mindful Moments

- can't remember

PT Exercises

- traced the alphabet

- one legged stand

Self Care

- nap

- played Stardew Valley with a friend online

• Like 4

Thursday - w1d5

Mindful Moments

- one during breakfast - sat with my program director and tried to pay attention to what I was eating

- one during lunch - sat with multiple colleagues, had a good discussion, and enjoyed my food

PT Exercises

- none

Self Care

none

I'm at a conference for work, and things have been very busy. I left home before 6am and didn't get into bed until 10pm. Busy busy busy. I gave a presentation, which I think went well. I learned quite a bit. Unfortunately, I'm getting sick. I did got out to dinner with a bunch of the fellows from all over the country, which was a lot of fun and got pretty rowdy at least for me.

• Like 4

We’re seeing it tomorrow and I’m so nervous some Homer Simpson is going to leave and just say “and then *MAJOR PLOT POINT*”

Like there are totally worse things in life, but I love that everyone here is equally on board with “NO SPOILERS” :D

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

We’re seeing it tomorrow and I’m so nervous some Homer Simpson is going to leave and just say “and then *MAJOR PLOT POINT*”

Like there are totally worse things in life, but I love that everyone here is equally on board with “NO SPOILERS” :D

I made my friend not talk about it till we got to the car for this very reason. I hope you have a spoiler-free experience.

• Like 3

Saturday - w1d7

Mindful Moments

- one during breakfast - sat with my friends and enjoyed what I was eating

PT Exercises

- none

Self Care

- journaling

- went out to see Endgame with a friend

• Like 5

Sunday - w2d1

Mindful Moments

- one during lunch - decided that I just needed an apple and peanut butter instead of something fancier

- one during dinner - sat at the table and ate my food with gratitude

PT Exercises

- one legged stands

Self Care

- many naps

- Easter 2019 playlist on Spotify

• Like 4

So, I had another appointment with my physical therapist today. I've been in the boot for a little over 2.5 weeks at this point. My pain is better with walking but happening more often at rest. She did a lot of manipulating of my foot and we think we've narrowed it down to the posterior tibialis and/or flexor hallucis longus. She recommended that I see the podiatrist (two weeks from now) and that we'll go from there. In the meantime, she wants me to rest, ice, and wear the boot. She gave me a few small isometric exercises to work on as well. She's also going to talk to one of her colleagues about whether or not dry needling would be a helpful modality for me. I'm glad that somebody seems to have a working diagnosis at least, but it's sad that we're back to rest, ice, and NSAIDs after two years of dealing with things. *sigh*

• Like 8
  • Sad 1

On 4/27/2019 at 8:13 PM, annyshay said:

I made my friend not talk about it till we got to the car for this very reason. I hope you have a spoiler-free experience.

We finally saw it today, and did the SAME thing of waiting to get to the car. It seems like the majority of fandom is really on board with No Spoilers this time!

1 hour ago, annyshay said:

So, I had another appointment with my physical therapist today. I've been in the boot for a little over 2.5 weeks at this point. My pain is better with walking but happening more often at rest. She did a lot of manipulating of my foot and we think we've narrowed it down to the posterior tibialis and/or flexor hallucis longus. She recommended that I see the podiatrist (two weeks from now) and that we'll go from there. In the meantime, she wants me to rest, ice, and wear the boot. She gave me a few small isometric exercises to work on as well. She's also going to talk to one of her colleagues about whether or not dry needling would be a helpful modality for me. I'm glad that somebody seems to have a working diagnosis at least, but it's sad that we're back to rest, ice, and NSAIDs after two years of dealing with things. *sigh*

Two years is a really long time! I hope that you won't have to wait too much longer for an answer and then a solution!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, annyshay said:

***HUGS***

Sending you lots of love, and support and whatever you feel you need. :love_heart: Hang in there...

• Thanks 1

Monday - w2d2

Mindful Moments

- one during lunch - sat without screens and enjoyed the flavors and textures of my meal, satisfied

- one during dinner - sat and ate as focused as possible while defending my food from the cat, no screens

PT Exercises

- one legged stands

- isometrics at PT

- towel gathers 2 x 60 seconds

Self Care

- Stardew Valley

- Zelda

• Like 4

1 hour ago, elizevdmerwe said:

***HUGS***

Sending you lots of love, and support and whatever you feel you need. :love_heart: Hang in there...

Thanks Elize. I had a good long talk with a friend that previously had years of ankle troubles, and she was able to sympathize with a lot of what I'm going through which really helped. It's just so frustrating to feel like I've wasted years trying to heal only to hear that now it might be months more of resting and restricting my movement before we even start to rebuild things. That said, today I'm meeting with the local YWCA to see about maybe getting a membership for the two months that I have left in Minnesota, so that I can get swimming and maybe work on upper body stuff more effectively than I have been. We'll see. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, annyshay said:

today I'm meeting with the local YWCA

That sounds like a solid plan! Keep us posted. I'm proud of you for not letting this set you back, but you're pressing forward!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, WolfDreamer said:

That sounds like a solid plan! Keep us posted. I'm proud of you for not letting this set you back, but you're pressing forward!

Thanks friend!

• Like 1