Flea Hates Everything

title. 

Daily Goals: 

1. Eat a plant

2. If a thing takes under 5 minutes, do it

3. Do a self care thing

4. Do 3 stretches or PT exercises 

Y helo thar! 

Trying a new challenge format. Again. Telling people what my goals are doesn’t help me on the accountability front; usually it backfires because when I’m not doing well I never want to say anything about it and then I get mad at myself for not doing better. 

So this time! All you get to know is that I have 4 goals to be done every day. I’ll try to report on them every day so no one's left in too much suspense, and if there are any special wins (I made a food! I ran the Boston Marathon!) I’ll post about it but not say whether they’re related to my goals or just because I was awesome that day. 

Gifs and such to come later when I’m not on mobile. 

• Like 14

May the 4th be with you (okay, not funny? sorry, I try...mostly peoples patience :lol:) 

• Like 7

Does anybody else ever settle on goals and then immediately want to change them to something else? Because that’s 100% me right now and it’s so annoying. 

• Like 10

21 minutes ago, fleaball said:

Does anybody else ever settle on goals and then immediately want to change them to something else? Because that’s 100% me right now and it’s so annoying. 

I make a spreadsheet sometimes with goals I want to do. Then i usually try to narrow it down in time for the challenge, Sometimes I try to merge goals to get it to fit in, other times I think of a goal for maybe next challenge. I do however want different ones sometimes. Back in the day, I even made up my own format of every two weeks. 6 weeks challenges, and every two weeks I would change something up. It was alright. :) 

• Like 3

Good morning! It’s 6:14am, I haven’t fallen asleep yet, and my cat just bit me for no reason. 

#FleaVsMondays

• Like 5
  • Sad 2

I do the changing thing all the time. And I also have the 2nd sheet of my spreadsheet as a "You know, I say I want to work on these things, but I never remember them when I am writing a challenge, so I will put it there when I need ideas"

I hope you get some sleep. People say it is important or something.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, fleaball said:

Trying a new challenge format. Again. Telling people what my goals are doesn’t help me on the accountability front; usually it backfires because when I’m not doing well I never want to say anything about it and then I get mad at myself for not doing better. 

I think this is really good self insight into your patterns/motivations/pitfalls and adapting the challenge to it is smart.

giphy.gif?cid=790b76115cb4a8e2324f773755

17 hours ago, fleaball said:

if there are any special wins (I made a food! I ran the Boston Marathon!)

I woke up this morning to the sound of pounding rain and my first thought was "OHHHH MAN those poor marathon people!"

10 hours ago, fleaball said:

giphy.gif?cid=790b76115cb4a95d57444d4b77

5 hours ago, fleaball said:

Good morning! It’s 6:14am, I haven’t fallen asleep yet, and my cat just bit me for no reason. 

Your cat is such an asshole. Next time you're feeling blue remember, science says it's your cat's fault: https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2019/04/05/dog-owners-are-much-happier-than-cat-owners-survey-finds/?utm_term=.4d4f54ec8f50

• Like 5

12 hours ago, fleaball said:

DO IT!!!!!

• Like 3

Will reply to people later but first I need to complain. 

Its currently 70F and windy as hell and I don’t want to go outside. Except if I want coffee I have to because I have nothing to put in my coffee at home. Plan was to shower, go to Starbucks, and then go to Trader Joe’s to use up that gift card because my go-to store has been on strike since last week. Haven’t done that yet. Got up and realized I really wanted to wash my hair, except it’s such a fucking production that I want nothing to do with it. So I’m sitting here being smelly and hungry but not making any move toward the shower. I also planned on cooking tonight but I’m pretty sure I’m already at negative spoons for the day. Argh. 

• Like 6

51 minutes ago, fleaball said:

Will reply to people later but first I need to complain. 

Its currently 70F and windy as hell and I don’t want to go outside. Except if I want coffee I have to because I have nothing to put in my coffee at home. Plan was to shower, go to Starbucks, and then go to Trader Joe’s to use up that gift card because my go-to store has been on strike since last week. Haven’t done that yet. Got up and realized I really wanted to wash my hair, except it’s such a fucking production that I want nothing to do with it. So I’m sitting here being smelly and hungry but not making any move toward the shower. I also planned on cooking tonight but I’m pretty sure I’m already at negative spoons for the day. Argh. 

Dude I totally forgot about your Stop and Shop connection. Are people picketing across the street from you? There isn't one around us (nearest one is Watertown) so it hasn't really been on my mind. 

Hair washing was so much easier and faster when I had super short hair, but I had to go get it trimmed every six weeks or I started to look shaggy and unkempt so I'm not sure which is more work overall.

Showers for me are usually a spoon regen activity, so sometimes I use a shower as a way to kickstart me to get shit done, but I know for a lot of people they just feel like work. If you can get some momentum and get to TJ's, though, they have a lot of reasonably healthy ready to eat stuff, like wraps and couscous salads and that kind of thing that are generally pretty good. So that might be a good fallback plan if cooking doesn't happen.

• Like 3

Aaaaaaand Notre Dame is on fire. Literally. #fuckmondays

6 minutes ago, Severine said:

Dude I totally forgot about your Stop and Shop connection. Are people picketing across the street from you? There isn't one around us (nearest one is Watertown) so it hasn't really been on my mind. 

There are. Apparently you’re only eligible to get paid if you picket? Idk my brother googled it because they’re really not sharing information with people. He’s enjoying his quasi vacation though. 

Hair washing was so much easier and faster when I had super short hair, but I had to go get it trimmed every six weeks or I started to look shaggy and unkempt so I'm not sure which is more work overall.

Yeah this is part of why I want to chop it all off, but the maintenance part sounds just as bad lol. My hair is currently more of a hassle than it used to be because I’m trying to actually take care of it since I discovered it’s actually curly. 

Showers for me are usually a spoon regen activity, so sometimes I use a shower as a way to kickstart me to get shit done, but I know for a lot of people they just feel like work. If you can get some momentum and get to TJ's, though, they have a lot of reasonably healthy ready to eat stuff, like wraps and couscous salads and that kind of thing that are generally pretty good. So that might be a good fallback plan if cooking doesn't happen.

Yeah I really like the feeling of having taken a shower and being clean, it’s getting into the shower that takes all the spoons. Idk why it’s such a thing for me. I’m gonna get up now and do it though because I need coffee and Dunkins will not satisfy me. Also because I’m probably taking my brother food shopping somewhere tonight and I’d rather shower now than at 8pm. 

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, fleaball said:

Aaaaaaand Notre Dame is on fire. Literally.

Yeah, I've been following since it started and it's breaking my heart. I've been there all three times I was in Paris and it's one of my favourite places in the world. I spent a Christmas in Paris with a friend once, and we went to a candlelight chorus performance there at midnight on Christmas Eve and I that was one of the most magical experiences of my life.

I just got back from France a while ago - I was standing in Notre Dame a month ago and it's surreal to watch as the fire eats it up. I could feel my heart sink when I watched the video of the spire collapse in on itself. And now the north belltower is on fire. 

I know this is not the first time Notre Dame has burned, and I know it survived the Terror and two world wars. It will be rebuilt...but it'll never be the same. It might sound crazy but I feel a deep sense of sadness and loss about it. 

• Like 3

Showered. Realized I definitely do not have the spoons for TJ’s or even Starbucks. That’s fine, I’ll go to the Panera down the street because it has a drive through and I really want baked potato soup. Check online, it’s one of the soups on rotation today, yay. Get there, order it.

“We uh.... we don’t have that today.” 

“But it’s supposed to be a today thing?”

”Yeah but we didn’t make it. We just made another one instead.”

Right. So now I’m home and trying to figure out what the fuck to eat for dinner. I may or may not have gotten teary in the car because today is a dumpster fire even though I’ve barely done anything. Huzzah. 

• Like 7

49 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

You have every right to tear up. 

I know. I only mentioned it to underscore how much of a clusterfuck today has been because it only happens on the worst days. 

• Like 3

Yup, I have to take my stupid brother shopping. I really hope he decides on Target so I can get more coffee creamer. 

4 hours ago, Severine said:

Yeah, I've been following since it started and it's breaking my heart. I've been there all three times I was in Paris and it's one of my favourite places in the world. I spent a Christmas in Paris with a friend once, and we went to a candlelight chorus performance there at midnight on Christmas Eve and I that was one of the most magical experiences of my life.

I just got back from France a while ago - I was standing in Notre Dame a month ago and it's surreal to watch as the fire eats it up. I could feel my heart sink when I watched the video of the spire collapse in on itself. And now the north belltower is on fire. 

I know this is not the first time Notre Dame has burned, and I know it survived the Terror and two world wars. It will be rebuilt...but it'll never be the same. It might sound crazy but I feel a deep sense of sadness and loss about it. 

Yup, I also went every time I've been to Paris (moment of appreciation for the fact that I can even say "every time I've been to Paris") and it's incredible. But now I'm mad because I never made it to the very top of the belltower. The first time I went we didn't have enough time (high school), the second time it was under construction or something?, and the third time I got there juuuuust too late because they close it for a few hours in the afternoon, I think because the position of the sun at that time makes it dangerous? So that's a thing I probably won't ever get to do now.

I had long since abandoned Catholicism/religion in general by the first time I went, but there's something about that place. It's like the energy inside is just different. Centuries of prayer and hope and emotions contained in this massive, gorgeous building. 

I haven't really kept up with the news about it because it's just so insane, but I saw that all the relics were saved and only one person was hurt, so at least there's that. I think the rose windows are gone though. :(

• Like 4

In other news, I'm spending the rest of my night watching a French musical of The Hunchback of Notre Dame. If you know French, here's the entire show with Turkish subtitles; random, but it's the only one I can find that's one video. If you don't know French, here's a playlist with the entire show but each song is a separate video, but I'm pretty sure there are English subtitles on all of them. Random trivia, Josh Groban covered the first song (and I hate his version) on an album he did that was entirely songs from musicals.

edit: for some reason this thumbnail makes it look like a high school production, but it's definitely the real thing.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1