Flea Hates Everything

fleaball

20 minutes ago, fleaball said:

I knew I’d get spoiled for it before I saw it because I hate going to theaters so I’ll be waiting for a while, but I still thought I’d last more than 24 hours. People are dicks.

Although I've seen potential spoilers in article headlines around the Internet too so beware I guess?

Yeah, I can't even go to youtube because it's putting up spoiler videos on my homepage.

• Sad 3

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

9 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Yeah, I can't even go to youtube because it's putting up spoiler videos on my homepage.

Yikes. I haven’t gotten those yet but it’s probably a matter of time. Boo internet. 

• Like 3

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Profile photo is ancient but I'm too lazy to change it. 

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Okay y’all, your time has come. 

Mattress store down the road is having a sale til Tuesday and I checked online and they’ve got a bunch of reasonably priced mattresses. I can’t go tomorrow (Sunday) because I have a lot of driving to do, but I need you all to yell at me to go Monday and finally get a goddamn mattress because I’ve been putting it off since I asked about them last month. (Took all the recommendations/advice given but currently freeze every time I try to do research or just see what’s available. I need to just pull the trigger and get one from a store so there are fewer factors complicating it.)

• Like 8

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

23 hours ago, fleaball said:

Aaaaaaand some shithead on reddit just spoiled Endgame. Awesome. 

As long it's already spoiled:

Spoiler

Aliens!  They are totally real!!!

• Haha 2
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread    Bodyweight Exercise Library

The Arruvia Conspiracy Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 567, 89, 10 

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28Mardi Gras [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

8 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

As long it's already spoiled:

Not even gonna risk it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

On 4/26/2019 at 2:12 PM, NeverThatBored said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I haven't read any articles about it but they set it up so the show clearly stated that's what they were doing by killing him - probably because they knew they couldn't just do it with no explanation if they wanted to avoid backlash. Joke's on them, I guess! But they led up to it really deliberately and I think it's actually a pretty cool move if they pull it off next season. I just hope they don't end up using Josh as a replacement protagonist since they've been building him up more lately. (Even though Josh is great.) 

I guess you could label it as queerbaiting to tease the possibility of a relationship that doesn't happen (even though it DID happen, just in a different timeline). And I get why you'd be upset if you were really excited for their relationship and had it taken from you - especially when that's such a common thing with queer relationships on tv shows. It does suck.

On the other hand, Quentin's death works for reasons entirely unrelated to his relationship with Eliot. And the show does weird relationship stuff all the time - like Penny 2 and Julia - so it's in keeping with the kind of shit they do and not just some random thing they're doing to these characters because they're queer. IDK - I guess you can say it's queerbaiting and in that sense it's part of a larger problematic trend in tv writing, but also that it works in this case so the specific instance isn't inherently bad just because it fits into that trope? #whynotboth

I kind of like how as different characters form new relationships their connections all grow deeper as a group - like Eliot and Margot have a super close bond and so do Quentin and Eliot and Alice and Quentin and Margot and Josh and Quentin and Josh and so on and so on until everyone has a close bond with everyone and they're a super tight knit family that's been through tons of shit together. And to do that the writers sometimes pull some weird moves. 

I do get the reaction to Kady because I thought that line was surprising when she said it, and I had my gut feminist reaction of "OH all she wants is a man, huh?" but then I thought about it for more than 2 seconds and got over it. I'm with you - she very abruptly lost Penny after she spent so much time trying to cure him, he meant SO much to her from Season 1, and that was sort of her driving motivation for a long time. Of course she'd feel directionless after he's gone! Feeling that way doesn't diminish the fact that she's super competent. And saying that it does kind of shows a lack of critical thinking about the plot...it's more just a lazy anger. 

Her whole character is really that she's naturally competent at everything she does but in a kind of effortless way. They even joked about it when they had her representing Margot's feelings of inadequacy in the musical episode. She doesn't seek out responsibility or quests but they find her anyway because's she's got the skills. Like the whole reluctant leader-of-the-hedges thing she had going on this season. She's always been driven by her desire to help & protect people she loves instead of just seeking out quests for their own sake. So with Penny gone, she's really lost her biggest driving motivation in addition to the person she was closest to. That doesn't diminish her. Grumble. (I really like Kady :P)

The forums aren't letting me quote your last spoiler comments so I'm just replying here. Sorry for the essay! :D 

Essays are awesome!

Spoiler

You're so smart lol. But yeah in retrospect they pretty much told us what was going to happen. Womp. I don't think Josh would be the new main character since he's currently 300 years away and presumably dead? On that note, how the fuck is everyone getting to and from Fillory right now? Margo came back from the desert despite being banned from Fillory, and then she and Eliot wound up there 300 years in the future so I'm guessing Penny 23 didn't just drop them in the woods miles away from the castle and then fuck off? Unless I missed something somewhere. 

Yeah the more I think about it the more I think the queerbaiting drama and just being pissed over Quentin's death in general hinges a lot on representation. People see themselves in these characters, and TV's already pretty low on queer characters, let alone queer relationships. So people are losing their shit because they identify so hard with all of this. And yeah I'm totally dying for more representation on TV, but when I first started watching the show I was telling Severine "you need to watch this show because it has characters to just happen to be queer! whose main function isn't just being the token queer person!" I guess that probably separated me from some of what other people are feeling and it doesn't feel like a personal attack.

Yessss I love how the entire group has relationships with each other. Some more than others, but it's not like certain people are isolated in their own pockets of story. I'd love to see more of Margo and Kady having to do shit together because they clash tbh. 

Kady is my absolute favorite and I was hella bummed when she disappeared for a while. Which I kinda find hilarious since she's not even in the books. She gets bonus points for being able to sing like that, even though that's not so much a character thing. But I love how over the top she was in "Here We Go Again." I feel bad that you wrote a little essay about her and I'm just here like *o* but I think you hit all the important things lol.

12 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Not even gonna risk it.

It's totally safe. 

• Like 5

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Woof. My weird sleeping drama has thrown off my entire week and I haven't bothered with any of my goals the past few days. I've been sleeping stupid late since I can't fall asleep easily, but then I have trouble sleeping because I slept so late... Blah. There's an irony in the fact that it's nearly 3am now that I'm writing this. But I always have trouble falling asleep after I go driving, so that's not surprising. 

Plan for Monday:

• pick up library books if they haven't already been reshelved because I didn't get them on time
  • plans uncertain from there:
    • if gas gauge hits empty after the library, go directly to the garage to drop it off, then Uber to mattress store
    • if gas gauge isn't empty after library, go to mattress store 
    • basically go to the garage whenever the gauge hits empty so they can see what I mean
  • post-mattress store either way, go to target for shampoo that's on sale
  • get panera as a reward
  • go home and replenish spoons because they'll be wiped the fuck out
  • make haircut appointment

Priority is the library and the mattress store. Target and Panera are only on the list because they're in the same plaza, but if I'm dead after the mattress shopping (because ahhhh big important purchase and also lots of money) I can totally skip them. I'd rather take the car to the garage on Tuesday than tomorrow because it probably won't be as busy, but if it magically says it's empty then whatever. (This garage does normal business and is also possibly the only one in the greater Boston area that can work on Hertz' Lyft and Uber cars? But even though they're open 7 days a week, Hertz doesn't approve any work on weekends so if you have an issue you can't get it fixed til Monday at the earliest. I've put it off for so long though that whatever, I'll deal with it.)

Can someone else just go buy this mattress for me? I'm skerred. I think I know which one I want and I could buy it online but I really want to try it in the store. In addition to the anxiety about making the purchase itself, I'm stressed about whether they'll take my old one (doesn't look like it online tbh), how to get the old one out of the house because I have to wait 2 weeks to have the city pick it up and I don't want a queen mattress just chilling in my room, when to have it delivered and what kind of service to pay for (apparently you can have them drop it off at your door, or pay extra for them to "set it up" which sounds like "actually bring it into the room it's going in"?) ugh. Dear brain, please stop being a whiny little bitch about adulting.

• Like 8

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

You know what randomly just popped into my head?

The last Thanksgiving I had with my mother was 2014. I made excuses for not going home both years of grad school. Didn't go home for Christmas 2015 and only went home in 2016 because I basically had no choice/she hounded me about it and I figured whatever, I’d go and then stay in DC after school and never go

home again because I didn’t want to.

And I don’t regret not coming home for those holidays. I don’t think I would have regretted it if I didn’t come home that Christmas either. Maybe immediately after the fact, but not now. 

I am actually really really pleased with this realization. There’s no guilt. There’s no feeling like I should have tried harder or spent more time or anything. And of course knowing what we all know now, duh I shouldn’t feel that way anyway. But for me not to feel that kind of residual guilt or pressure or should haves, that’s a big thing. And it’s not even a defiant kind of “no I’m not going to care because you’re a bitch.” It’s more like “oh. I skipped a bunch of holidays that turned out to be the last ones. Oh well.” 

Go me. 

(Initially typo’d “go ma.” What kind of Freudian slip is that?)

• Like 10

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

7 hours ago, fleaball said:

Essays are awesome!

Reveal hidden contents

You're so smart lol. But yeah in retrospect they pretty much told us what was going to happen. Womp. I don't think Josh would be the new main character since he's currently 300 years away and presumably dead? On that note, how the fuck is everyone getting to and from Fillory right now? Margo came back from the desert despite being banned from Fillory, and then she and Eliot wound up there 300 years in the future so I'm guessing Penny 23 didn't just drop them in the woods miles away from the castle and then fuck off? Unless I missed something somewhere. 

Yeah the more I think about it the more I think the queerbaiting drama and just being pissed over Quentin's death in general hinges a lot on representation. People see themselves in these characters, and TV's already pretty low on queer characters, let alone queer relationships. So people are losing their shit because they identify so hard with all of this. And yeah I'm totally dying for more representation on TV, but when I first started watching the show I was telling Severine "you need to watch this show because it has characters to just happen to be queer! whose main function isn't just being the token queer person!" I guess that probably separated me from some of what other people are feeling and it doesn't feel like a personal attack.

Yessss I love how the entire group has relationships with each other. Some more than others, but it's not like certain people are isolated in their own pockets of story. I'd love to see more of Margo and Kady having to do shit together because they clash tbh. 

Kady is my absolute favorite and I was hella bummed when she disappeared for a while. Which I kinda find hilarious since she's not even in the books. She gets bonus points for being able to sing like that, even though that's not so much a character thing. But I love how over the top she was in "Here We Go Again." I feel bad that you wrote a little essay about her and I'm just here like *o* but I think you hit all the important things lol.

Spoiler

Yeah IDK how they're getting to and from Fillory either - Penny can travel so that's one obvious way, but I'm not sure how Margot did it? It's funny how it used to be so challenging to get there and now they just causally drop in and out all the time. 

Can someone else just go buy this mattress for me? I'm skerred. I think I know which one I want and I could buy it online but I really want to try it in the store. In addition to the anxiety about making the purchase itself, I'm stressed about whether they'll take my old one (doesn't look like it online tbh), how to get the old one out of the house because I have to wait 2 weeks to have the city pick it up and I don't want a queen mattress just chilling in my room, when to have it delivered and what kind of service to pay for (apparently you can have them drop it off at your door, or pay extra for them to "set it up" which sounds like "actually bring it into the room it's going in"?) ugh. Dear brain, please stop being a whiny little bitch about adulting.

You can do it!

Based on what you've said about your house, you probably want them to bring it to the room it's going in. And I bet even if they won't take your old mattress, the delivery crew would be willing to help you get it downstairs.

• Like 3

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 46

2021 challenges:  46 (current)

2015-2020 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

You know what randomly just popped into my head?

The last Thanksgiving I had with my mother was 2014. I made excuses for not going home both years of grad school. Didn't go home for Christmas 2015 and only went home in 2016 because I basically had no choice/she hounded me about it and I figured whatever, I’d go and then stay in DC after school and never go

home again because I didn’t want to.

And I don’t regret not coming home for those holidays. I don’t think I would have regretted it if I didn’t come home that Christmas either. Maybe immediately after the fact, but not now. 

I am actually really really pleased with this realization. There’s no guilt. There’s no feeling like I should have tried harder or spent more time or anything. And of course knowing what we all know now, duh I shouldn’t feel that way anyway. But for me not to feel that kind of residual guilt or pressure or should haves, that’s a big thing. And it’s not even a defiant kind of “no I’m not going to care because you’re a bitch.” It’s more like “oh. I skipped a bunch of holidays that turned out to be the last ones. Oh well.” 

Go me. 

(Initially typo’d “go ma.” What kind of Freudian slip is that?)

Well done. I refer to my previous comments about all the progress you're making. I'm glad you're able to see the evidence of it for yourself.

• Like 1

Mattresses can be weird. It is weird having a sales person hanging around you while you try to see if the bed is comfortable. Also, it is hard to judge a mattress by laying on it for 10 minutes. Our previous mattress was super heavy. In store, it felt good. Sleeping on it was ok for a bit too. Though, I don't think it was worth the money we paid for it. The Casper mattress we have now ended up being so much better. Plus, they have the sleep on t for 90 days, and if you hate it, they refund you and take it away ;)

Hopefully, you can get a good deal on a great mattress. :) 

Also spoiler suck. I haven't been cruising reddit and such places. I probably won't see endgame till next weekend at the earliest :(

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Tateman said:

Also spoiler suck. I haven't been cruising reddit and such places. I probably won't see endgame till next weekend at the earliest :(

Stay off of Reddit and Youtube for sure. I saw Endgame yesterday and today I went looking at those sites freely again, there are a lot of spoilers floating around without any warning at all. Some of the youtube videos that popped up on my suggested list, just by their title and thumbnail, had spoilers in them.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Stay off of Reddit and Youtube for sure. I saw Endgame yesterday and today I went looking at those sites freely again, there are a lot of spoilers floating around without any warning at all. Some of the youtube videos that popped up on my suggested list, just by their title and thumbnail, had spoilers in them.

Yeah, my oldest son said he was already spoiled, but still wants to see it :)

• Like 1

What was supposed to happen today: 

17 hours ago, fleaball said:

Plan for Monday:

• pick up library books if they haven't already been reshelved because I didn't get them on time
  • plans uncertain from there:
    • if gas gauge hits empty after the library, go directly to the garage to drop it off, then Uber to mattress store
    • if gas gauge isn't empty after library, go to mattress store 
    • basically go to the garage whenever the gauge hits empty so they can see what I mean
  • post-mattress store either way, go to target for shampoo that's on sale
  • get panera as a reward
  • go home and replenish spoons because they'll be wiped the fuck out
  • make haircut appointment

What actually happened today:

• literally nothing except wasting oxygen
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

What was supposed to happen today: 

Oh, dear, how come?
You never waste oxygen. It helps you staying alive, and just that is such an amazing process! Thank your body for transforming oxygen into life and the earth for providing it :)
  • Like 1

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

On 4/29/2019 at 3:13 AM, fleaball said:

I've been sleeping stupid late since I can't fall asleep easily, but then I have trouble sleeping because I slept so late

This is me right now except instead of sleeping late, I have to get up at 7am, teach on like 3.5 hours of sleep, and then I crash at like 5pm and nap until 9pm which results in me staying up late again. We need to go back to sleeping school.

On 4/29/2019 at 4:01 AM, fleaball said:

I am actually really really pleased with this realization. There’s no guilt. There’s no feeling like I should have tried harder or spent more time or anything.

FUCK YEAH! This is great.

14 hours ago, fleaball said:

giphy.gif?cid=790b76115cc866d37578765236f6963e&rid=giphy.gif

• Like 1

Fitbit  |  Current Challenge  |  Old Challenges:  1 ~ 2 ~ 3 ~ 4 ~ 5 ~ 6 ~ 7 ~ 8 ~ 9 ~ 10 ~ 11 ~ 12 ~ 13 ~ 14 ~ 15 ~ 16 ~ 17

Forum avatar is original art by the talented Veronica Guzzardi. Used with permission!
15 hours ago, fleaball said:

literally nothing except wasting oxygen

If you're still alive it wasn't wasted :) 

• Like 1
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread    Bodyweight Exercise Library

The Arruvia Conspiracy Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 567, 89, 10 

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28Mardi Gras [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

17 hours ago, Countess D'If said:

Don't talk about my friend that way

Seriously. Flea is awesome, whether she likes it or not. Don't malign her like that.

• Like 1

It's OK, sometimes the best plans just don't work out and you just need to take a day. It's usually a bad idea to make big purchases like mattresses when you're not in the right frame of mind for it; the last thing you want is to buy something lousy just to cross it off the to-do list and then have to do it all over again! Give yourself a big hug and have another go another day :D

• Like 1

Ridiculous and uncalled for anxiety and depression have been following me around for the last week and a half and show no sign of fucking off any time soon. Mystery challenge is scrapped in favor of other goals. 

Couldn't fall asleep until 9am this morning. Did not get a mattress, will wait for the Memorial Day sale they always have. Car did not go to the garage; at this point it gets there when it gets there. 

May be less active than usual while I try to figure out what the actual fuck my brain is doing. Cheers.

Daily Goals: 

1. Eat a plant

2. If a thing takes under 5 minutes, do it

3. Do a self care thing

4. Do 3 stretches or PT exercises

• Like 10

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

4 hours ago, fleaball said:

Ridiculous and uncalled for anxiety and depression have been following me around for the last week and a half and show no sign of fucking off any time soon. Mystery challenge is scrapped in favor of other goals.

Pair of jerks those two. Do what you gotta do, sounds like your fresh new goals will help a lot!

• Like 1