• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Maigs

Maigs Chases the Wagon

Monday

Much better day food-wise. I had my normal breakfast, an unnecessary but reasonable granola bar in the morning and leftover stir fry for lunch. I was feeling munchie in the afternoon but there was nothing to munch on. At the very end of the workday someone pointed out that there was still individual ice cream cups on the freezer and I was tempted, but when I asked myself if I really wanted one I decided I didn't. Right after work I made it to kickboxing and had a great workout. Then I headed home and made dinner and managed to eat a reasonable amount despite it being delicious

I've been trying to decide if I want to get back into tracking calories. On the one hand, historically if I'm not tracking it's because I'm way off the wagon. On the other hand, trying to track hasn't been working and it feels futile to keep trying. I may try tracking for a week or so just to get reacquainted with normal levels of eating. Today was right about 1500 calories

• Like 2

Tuesday

Not quite so good on the food today. I had my normal breakfast and another unnecessary granola bar in the morning (why did I even grab one?). Lunch was leftover chili then I ran to the grocery store to grab something for Hubs and managed to talk myself into pomegranate and vanilla cashews and a two pack of Reese's eggs which were promptly eaten. Then mid-afternoon I grabbed one of the mini ice cream cups and ate it. After work I came home and made Peanut Stew for dinner and stuck to one bowl, then went out for another run. I had extra motivation to take it slow and not push myself, I did not want to have to breathe through my mouth because the bugs are out in full freaking force. Even though it wasn't super bright I wished I'd had my sunglasses to help keep the things out of my eyes. I ended the day right around 2000 calories.

• Like 3

On 4/23/2019 at 9:43 PM, Maigs said:

After work I came home and made Peanut Stew for dinner and stuck to one bowl, then went out for another run. I had extra motivation to take it slow and not push myself, I did not want to have to breathe through my mouth because the bugs are out in full freaking force. Even though it wasn't super bright I wished I'd had my sunglasses to help keep the things out of my eyes. I ended the day right around 2000 calories.

I'm amazed that you ate and then ran after dinner! Bug swarms are the WORST.

I prefer food journaling to MFP tracking, and similarly find that when I'm not tracking at all I'm overeating, but hard to tell which side is cause and which is effect.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hiroro said:

I'm amazed that you ate and then ran after dinner! Bug swarms are the WORST.

I prefer food journaling to MFP tracking, and similarly find that when I'm not tracking at all I'm overeating, but hard to tell which side is cause and which is effect.

It's not that amazing, Peanut Stew is a surprisingly light meal at about 300cals per bowl. Plus there's not a lot of running in my runs yet, I'm basically doing week 1 of C25k repeatedly just to get into the habit of running again

• Like 1

Just a quick update for Wednesday:

I ate like an idiot and clocked in at just over 3k calories but I got in a short walk at lunch, kickboxing after work, and another walk with Floof and Hubs in the evening. If I could just quit eating unnecessary snacks I'd be doing great

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Maigs said:

It's not that amazing, Peanut Stew is a surprisingly light meal at about 300cals per bowl. Plus there's not a lot of running in my runs yet, I'm basically doing week 1 of C25k repeatedly just to get into the habit of running again

Dammit just stop that and let me be amazed at you! 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, NeverThatBored said:

The snacks really get you!! They just sneak in.

They aren't even trying to be sneaky with me. They're screaming at me and I haven't been able to shut them up lately

7 hours ago, Hiroro said:

Dammit just stop that and let me be amazed at you! 

Lol, if you insist on being amazed by me be amazed that my non-runner ass got out for a run 5 times in the last two weeks and didn't even have to argue with myself about any of them

• Like 4

More detailed update for Wednesday

I had my normal breakfast and another unnecessary granola bar in the morning. Lunch was leftover peanut stew, then I took a walk, then went to Walgreens to try and find caramel Cadburry eggs for Hubs but they didn't have any and I ended up buying a bag of chocolate covered cashews for me (600+ cals). After work I went to kickboxing  which is always awesome. Then for dinner I had two chickpea/sweet potato burgers with sweet potato fries and a Mike's Hard. Then I still wanted something and only laziness kept me from going to Dairy Queen and I had a spoonful of peanut butter instead. Calories were about 3100

Thursday

Normal breakfast and a granola bar in the morning. At work we were out at a client's site and for reason we didn't have much of a choice of where to go for lunch so we were at a sportsbar which gives a vegetarian very few options so I ended up with loaded nachos (my other option was a kid's mac & cheese). After work I went for another run, then make sesame chik'n. After I really wanted something else to snack on so I grabbed some pretzels and actually managed to eat a reasonable amount (maybe 10) before putting them away because they weren't really doing it for me. I still want something but nothing in my house will really hit the spot so at the most I might have another spoonful of peanut butter before bed. No idea on the total calories

• Like 2

One of the podcasts I listen to had something the other day that basically said 

-Try drinking water, still hungry?

-Are you hungry enough to eat an apple?

-Yes, then eat an apple

- No, then you're really not hungry you're probably bored

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RES said:

One of the podcasts I listen to had something the other day that basically said 

-Try drinking water, still hungry?

-Are you hungry enough to eat an apple?

-Yes, then eat an apple

- No, then you're really not hungry you're probably bored

The problem is that I know I'm not actually hungry. There's just this very persistent sugar demon sitting on my shoulder that will not shut the fuck up lately. My actual meals are reasonably sized because I eat enough snacks during the day that I'm not actually hungry at meal times. But when the sugar demon decides to take over I haven't been able to stop it.

I'll get there, it's just been a crazy year and I haven't quite fully caught up with all the changes. But the summer should be fairly quiet and calm and a good time to tackle things. I just have to be kind to myself until I'm ready for it again.

• Like 2

Friday

Meh. For the sake of honesty lots of snacking happened. I had my normal breakfast, I didn't grab a granola bar but instead stopped at the gas station trying to find a new flavor of Dr. Pepper I'd heard was coming out. If I'd actually looked at the article my friend sent me I would have known it's not supposed to come out until next month, but I bought a regular DP and a smallish bag of Chips Ahoy cookies.....because....? Lunch was the last of the Peanut Stew, then I went for a walk, got a picture of a beautiful flowering tree to try and identify it and possibly buy one to plant in my front yard and ended up stopping at the gas station to buy another DP and a granola bar and an oatmeal cream pie.....because.....? Dinner was leftover Sesame Chick'n and I think a Mike's Hard. I didn't bother adding up the calories, it's bad.

But I also made it to kickboxing which makes 3 times this week. That plus three runs and an hour long bike ride today (more on that later) means I worked out every day this week. I am mentally and physically ready for a rest day, which I will take tomorrow, but my bag is already packed to go back to kickboxing on Monday because I'm sure as hell not missing a Monday :)

Saturday

Today's not over yet, but I think I'm done with things that are worth logging here. I had my normal breakfast, then Hubs and I got the bikes out and went for our first ride of the year. The plan was to meet up with an Earth Day ride heading out of the local park, but we missed them. Instead we headed out on our own and did a fun loop on our city's fairly nice bike trails. I'm not sure how far we went but we were out for about an hour. And holy shit my quads are roasted! They were already sore from lunges and various forms of squats this week, and this ride put them on fire. The ride started out really good, I was feeling pretty strong, then about halfway through my thighs were fatiguing and the wind picked up and was either head on or a straight crosswind. I don't feel bad about how hard the last bit was, it was an ambitious ride for the first one of the year. I got off and walked twice, but only for about a block each time and I never stopped moving, I just needed a different movement for a bit. Hubs was able to keep up, but only because he cheated and let his electric assist wheel on his bike :P Otherwise I think he would have struggled more than me.

After that we were pretty lazy. Showered, snuggled, and napped until he had to leave for his Saturday RPG group. We got some Taco Bell for lunch because I didn't feel like cooking, then when he left I had him drop me off at the shop a couple blocks from the house (his car in in the shop so he had to take mine) and I bought some chocolate covered peanuts and another DP then walked home. It's 6:30pm and I'm not hungry at all so I probably won't have dinner. So overall calories might not be horrible but the quality sure isn't great.

I have the house to myself so I'm working on some domestic rangering and catching up on some other adulting I've been putting off. I was hoping to do some prep work for a landscaping project I want to take on this summer but the wind brought in the cold and I'm just not up to facing it today

• Like 3

On 4/25/2019 at 8:55 PM, Maigs said:

They aren't even trying to be sneaky with me. They're screaming at me and I haven't been able to shut them up lately

Lol, if you insist on being amazed by me be amazed that my non-runner ass got out for a run 5 times in the last two weeks and didn't even have to argue with myself about any of them

That is amazing! Yayyyy running that you don't have to talk yourself into!

On 4/27/2019 at 7:05 PM, Maigs said:

The problem is that I know I'm not actually hungry. There's just this very persistent sugar demon sitting on my shoulder that will not shut the fuck up lately. My actual meals are reasonably sized because I eat enough snacks during the day that I'm not actually hungry at meal times. But when the sugar demon decides to take over I haven't been able to stop it.

I'll get there, it's just been a crazy year and I haven't quite fully caught up with all the changes. But the summer should be fairly quiet and calm and a good time to tackle things. I just have to be kind to myself until I'm ready for it again.

Yes for being kind to yourself. Some seasons are just tough.

On 4/27/2019 at 7:35 PM, Maigs said:

Friday

-snip-

But I also made it to kickboxing which makes 3 times this week. That plus three runs and an hour long bike ride today (more on that later) means I worked out every day this week. I am mentally and physically ready for a rest day, which I will take tomorrow, but my bag is already packed to go back to kickboxing on Monday because I'm sure as hell not missing a Monday :)

Saturday

*awesome bike ride*

Sounds like you're racking up some great workout wins!

• Like 1

Welp, I ghosted this challenge hard. It's not been pretty, though not horrible. My weight hasn't really changed which would be great if I were working on maintaining....

I did my first event of the year last weekend and it was a bit rough, but part of that was I was apparently actually sick and not just congested from allergies/weather changes. I wasn't sick-sick, but my lungs were more affected than I realized and my stomach picked that day to act up, though luckily mostly after the race. I finished in about an hour which really isn't shabby for a 5k OCR for me so I'm relatively happy for that. And the only obstacle I couldn't successfully complete was shooting rubber ducks with a paintball gun which I have zero interest in anyway. I managed both sets of monkey bars and a traverse wall thing which involved chains and climbing holds and hopping to change feet as the very last obstacle so I was pretty pleased about those

Aaaannnnddd I haven't worked out since. I didn't even make it to kickboxing this week, partially from good excuses (I forgot my freaking shoes Monday! and had to meet a contractor after work Tuesday and gaming on Wednesday) and partially being whiny about still being mildly congested, and partially just being whiny and down on myself

Anyway, what I'm doing obviously isn't working at all anymore. I love NF and it really helped me get to where I am, but it's just not doing it for me anymore. Insanity is doing the same thing and expecting different results, so I'm exploring new options including a subscription based app and therapy. I'll still be around periodically reading, but probably not posting much at all

• Like 3

Welp, I ghosted this challenge hard. It's not been pretty, though not horrible. My weight hasn't really changed which would be great if I were working on maintaining....

I did my first event of the year last weekend and it was a bit rough, but part of that was I was apparently actually sick and not just congested from allergies/weather changes. I wasn't sick-sick, but my lungs were more affected than I realized and my stomach picked that day to act up, though luckily mostly after the race. I finished in about an hour which really isn't shabby for a 5k OCR for me so I'm relatively happy for that. And the only obstacle I couldn't successfully complete was shooting rubber ducks with a paintball gun which I have zero interest in anyway. I managed both sets of monkey bars and a traverse wall thing which involved chains and climbing holds and hopping to change feet as the very last obstacle so I was pretty pleased about those

Aaaannnnddd I haven't worked out since. I didn't even make it to kickboxing this week, partially from good excuses (I forgot my freaking shoes Monday! and had to meet a contractor after work Tuesday and gaming on Wednesday) and partially being whiny about still being mildly congested, and partially just being whiny and down on myself

Anyway, what I'm doing obviously isn't working at all anymore. I love NF and it really helped me get to where I am, but it's just not doing it for me anymore. Insanity is doing the same thing and expecting different results, so I'm exploring new options including a subscription based app and therapy. I'll still be around periodically reading, but probably not posting much at all
I get it! Haha I've been here how many years and am still pretty much where I started?
Yikes.

But I'll definitely miss you - I hope you do poke in occasionally and just let us know you're alive!
  • Like 2

Therapy appointment is set up for early next month. I feel silly about it now but keep reminding myself of how I was feeling at 11:30pm Saturday when I sent an email requesting the appointment. I called it "weight loss counseling" but really it needs to be anxiety counseling as I'm pretty sure that's the underlying issue.

On 5/20/2019 at 12:08 AM, Xena said:

Take a break and do what's best for you! Come back any time!!

2 hours ago, Fonzico said:

But I'll definitely miss you - I hope you do poke in occasionally and just let us know you're alive!

Thanks guys. I'll still be around reading and liking

• Like 3