• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Maigs

Maigs Chases the Wagon

I petered out at the end of my last challenge and didn't even create one for the last round. In my defense, tax season is cray cray. I've been working long hours and weekends. It's been good, I'm enjoying it (for those that don't know, it's a newish job, not quite 6 months) but it's been hard to take proper care of myself. I did make it to kickboxing at least twice each week even if sometimes it was barely squeezing in at 7:30 when they close at 8. Food however, has been inexcusable. Not only have I not had the time or energy to buy and make real food in the evenings, which then usually becomes my lunches, but there's been a non-stop sugar rush at the office. In one week there were Wendy's frosties, 3 dozen cookies from a place that delivers them still warm from the oven, 3-4 more dozen the next day from a different company, donuts, and chocolate shakes. For an office of nine people. And I will admit I ate my fair share. And gained 10lbs in the last 2 months because of it. No bueno. It's gotta stop

It's still too early to say if I actually have the motivation to really stick with a challenge, but the weather is getting nice and I'm feeling excited about getting back on track. I actually went for a run yesterday. Me! Running! Tomorrow is D-day for taxes then things should calm down a bit. I've been trying to figure out a plan, but planning and me haven't been friends lately. Kickboxing will definitely happen, running and lifting each may happen. Food HAS to improve.

My first OCR of the year is at the end of week 3 of this challenge. It's a local 5k put on by my old gym. I'm signed up for 5 more this year and eyeballing a few others. I've also apparently thoroughly corrupted a friend of mine and he's doing a Spartan Trifecta this year. Not sure I'll be able to run any of them with him since he's back home and the closest one he's doing is 8 hours away from me but I've at least got a real life friend to talk to about OCRs now.

At this point I have no official goals besides move more and eat better so I guess I'm battlechallengelogging it

• Like 7

Blah, I got around to updating my signature finally (was only like 4 challenges out of date....) and I'm apparently now on my 31st challenge here at NF. I started right about 3 years ago. And I made awesome progress in the first 6-9ish months, and have been treading water ever since (and not even that much this last month). I know a lot of the last year has been work with my old job going downhill fast and then adjusting to my new job, but it's still frustrating to be in the same place for so long. I need @DJtrippyT's motivational screaming guy to follow me around

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Maigs said:

And I made awesome progress in the first 6-9ish months, and have been treading water ever since (and not even that much this last month). I know a lot of the last year has been work with my old job going downhill fast and then adjusting to my new job, but it's still frustrating to be in the same place for so long

Dude, I feel you!! I keep doing challenges and trying different formats but I can't recapture that first-few-challenges energy!

• Like 2

Ahhhh i feel you! So many challenges, so little real progress.
I also need to get my food under control.

Here to commiserate and cheer on!

• Like 2

By 9:30am we have already been brought 3 DOZEN donuts for our office of 9. Luckily they're mostly regular Duncan Donuts which I'm not a big fan of

Edit: 10:30am a dozen still warm cookies brought in

• Sad 1

Slightly traumatized and heartbroken.....

And some say the soul of the city's the toll of the bells, the bells of Notre Dame 1f622.png

I was there almost 20 years ago and as a life-long atheist the place literally took my breath away with its beauty, majesty, and awe-inspiring presence. I climbed to the top of one of the bell towers and saw the gargoyles up close and saw the statues ringing the now fallen spire that you don't even realize are there from the pictures. I know they have the ability now to recreate it exactly as it was if they wanted...but it wouldn't be the same

• Sad 4

Free office food is so dangerous - I can't imagine having to turn down warm cookies.

Yay to more running and OCR training. A Trifecta is on my 'someday' wishlist...

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Hiroro said:

Free office food is so dangerous - I can't imagine having to turn down warm cookies.

Yeah, I'm pretty good about not buying crap, but if it's there for the taking I have no self control. Hopefully it's all done now

57 minutes ago, Hiroro said:

Yay to more running and OCR training. A Trifecta is on my 'someday' wishlist...

It's on my 'someday' list too. I was hoping for this year, but the drama of last year set me back too far. I mean, I could do it this year, I'm stubborn enough to finish, but I'd like to not come out of it feeling like the Beast might actually have won

• Like 1

Monday

I wasn't really expecting to get back on track yet but it was a little bit worse than intended. More trail mix showed up. Why?! So I had too much of that, 1.5 donuts, and a warm cookie. Boss had lunch brought in and I had a wonderful salad (greens!) and some mac & cheese, potato salad, and green beans. Then we went out to dinner for the end of the tax season celebration and I got a quinoa burger and sweet potato fries. We got onion rings, fries, and chips & dip for the table and I had some of each, but not too much.

Exercise did not happen, I had to miss a Monday, but considering the day I'm okay with that. I have today off (happy Emancipation Day :P ) and will make it to kickboxing at some point, but besides that it's probably going to be a pretty lazy day because I need one of those

• Like 3

You are going to totally rock this challenge. End of tax season is the perfect time to re-assess and get onto good routines etc.

Totally makes sense that you've been in survival mode.

I noticed your list of race too in the signature line. Looks fun!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NeverThatBored said:

You're really playing on hard mode with all that work food - yikes!! 

47 minutes ago, Xena said:

Totally makes sense that you've been in survival mode. 

How do you change things to easy mode? I could use some easy mode for a bit :)

47 minutes ago, Xena said:

You are going to totally rock this challenge. End of tax season is the perfect time to re-assess and get onto good routines etc.

I noticed your list of race too in the signature line. Looks fun!

Thanks. I'm hoping that being settled into my job and tax season being over is the right time to get things back on track and work on my personal goals again. I'm excited about the races and hopefully I'll be in good enough shape mentally and physically to tackle them

• Like 3

Tuesday

A beautifully lazy day. I woke up around 8, moved to the couch, watched some tv, then took a nap until nearly noon, skipping breakfast. Then Hubs and I went out to lunch at a Thai place, we got spring rolls and I had a red curry that I only ate about half of and took the rest home for leftovers. After we got home I took the Floof for a walk, then took another nap, then hit kickbocking for a great workout. Dinner was fajitas and I ate a reasonable amount. Overall I'm very happy with my food and movement and amount of naps

• Like 3

Wednesday

Not a great day foodwise. I had my normal PB&J oatmeal for breakfast, then leftover pizza for lunch. After lunch I was really munchie. I bought some carrots to go with the hummus I had in the fridge but that wasn't cutting it so I ended up getting into the trail mix and had way too much. After work was game night and I had a good dinner of an asian salad mix but then our friends that always bring candy of course brought candy and I ate too much of it because it was there. Because of game night there wasn't really time to workout

Thursday

Still struggling with food a bit, but the trail mix is now gone (for some unknown reason.... :P ) so maybe tomorrow will be better. Normal breakfast, leftover Thai for lunch, trail mix for snacks. It was nice enough at lunch that I went out for a walk. I had a dentist appointment in the afternoon and was going to go to kickboxing after but the location was awkward and I just wanted to get home and eat real food so I bought ingredients for chili and had that for dinner. After dinner I decided to go out for another run. I say this every time I start running and it lasts about a week, but when I don't try to push myself it doesn't suck! I basically did week 1 of C25k (1 minute run, 90 second walk). I realized halfway through the first interval that I forgot to put on my PF sleeve (why does my arch hurt?!) but after the second interval it didn't really bother me. I'm going to stretch out my foot and calves and hopefully not come out any worse for wear because of it

• Like 3

Friday

I had a pretty good day, though work was weirdly quiet after last week which made me munchie from boredom. I'm nearly out of peanut butter so I got a smoothie on my way into work. Lunch was leftover chili. Somewhere in there I ate a banana and finished off the last dregs of animal crackers at work (partially because I've learned that the giant 5lbs tub will sit there with 5 animal crackers for months because people there don't like finishing things like that). In the afternoon I finished off the carrots and hummus I had in the fridge, which was a lot, like half a bag of baby carrots and about a third of a thing of hummus. After work I went to kickboxing and got my "I earned this" shirt for hitting 50 workouts last week, plus a nice workout. Then I went home and made stir fry and ate a semi-large but not ridiculous bowl of it.

Tomorrow I'm going grocery shopping and will hopefully be back to cooking real foods most evenings which gives me yummy leftovers to eat for lunch. That combined with no more snacks being bought by the boss should mean I can be back to eating the way I should and lose some of this extra fat

And now I'm off to bed because I'm still worn out from tax season and am incapable of sleeping in

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Xena said:

Congrats on the shirt! Sounds really cool :-)

Thanks. My hair's pretty crazy but here's my after workout picture when I got the shirt (maybe, I've never linked to IG before...)

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Xena said:

Good try. Can't see the crazy hair (picture) but see some good workout stats :-)

Hmm, on my phone I can swipe to the right and see it so I didn't try and fix it

Here's crazy hair :)

IMG_20190419_184203_757.jpg

• Like 4

Free for the taking office food is the worst! The only thing saving me from it currently is we have a bunch of college interns at work and I avoid the area until they've eaten it all :lol: 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RES said:

Free for the taking office food is the worst! The only thing saving me from it currently is we have a bunch of college interns at work and I avoid the area until they've eaten it all :lol: 

It's the best/worst! Luckily it's done for the year. The office is pretty small so there's no real way to avoid it. Most of it was kept in the kitchen that I'm in constantly to fill my water bottle and the rest was in the conference room that I basically have to walk through to get to the printer

• Like 1

Quick update over lunch since I couldn't be bothered to open up my computer this weekend

Saturday

Kinda of a lazy day. We went out for breakfast where I got a reasonable Veggie Benedict that was listed at 450cals, then we went to see Shazam (pretty silly but amusing and worth cheap tickets) where I ate a thing of peanut butter cups and Hubs and I split a soda. After the movie we went grocery shopping and spent TWICE what I normally do, partially catching up from weeks of not shopping and partially Hub's impulsive buys (mostly Hubs.....). After unloading the groceries we grabbed Floof and went to a small frisbe golf course when I walked around with the dog while Hubs played. After that we lazed around watching tv most of the evening. We skipped lunch, then had burritos for dinner and I had two overly full ones which was a bit too much. Then we ate half a tub of monster cookie ice cream which was way too much and I felt vaguely sick after

Sunday

Even lazier day. The only saving grace was I did manage to get out for a run eventually. Hubs made biscuits and gravy for breakfast, then I basically napped until after noon. I finally got up around 1ish and went for my run. It was a bit slower than Thursday's run but considering how worn down I apparently felt (and laying around all day does not make me feel any less worn down) I'm just happy I made it out. 

I ate a weird amalgamation for late lunch/early dinner (chickpea/sweet potato burger patty on leftover lettuce from the burritos with hemp seeds and sweet onion dressing, a granola bar, then leftover stir fry from Friday) while Hubs made himself some ham and sweet corn. Then more lazing around, possibly more napping, watched a documentary on Andre the Giant (who looked creepily like my dad when he was young). Then Hubs and I finished off the tub of ice cream while watching Game of Thrones

• Like 1

Week Zero Wrapup

I did a decent job of moving with two kickboxing sessions and two runs but food has not been that great. Hopefully now that we've gone grocery shopping (and we're out of ice cream) this will get back to where it should be. The scale didn't move at all for obvious reasons and my pants today are making it obvious that I'm bigger than I was at the beginning of the year. 

Biking may start happening again soon. Hubs found some rides he wants to do, including one this week. We'll see how they go, the rides are weekday evenings at 6 and I get off work at 5 so timing could get pretty tight. Especially since we don't have a good way to transport the bikes anymore since I sold the car with a hitch two years ago

• Like 3

Hope you can work in the biking (if you want), but either way, you are doing great with the kickboxing and running!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xena said:

Hope you can work in the biking (if you want), but either way, you are doing great with the kickboxing and running!

I do want to get back into biking, but I'm afraid of overloading myself and burning out. I'm loving the kickboxing and so far not hating the running. I want to get back into lifting too but realistically I can only do so much

• Like 2