• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Weekly Recap! Never mind, just noticed I forgot to do last week...so we'll do a semi-monthly recap this time

1. Three interval runs, and one strength training a week. Look for someplace to make one of these runs outside. Week one I got in strength and two intervals, last week got in strength, one interval, and one 5k for Girls on the Run (see picture below for me and my running buddy!) 25th - 29th was games so still counts as a win (because games days are a workout, just without going to the gym) Still haven't taken the time to check out the place to run outside though.

2. Continue making the 24 hour plan, eat on plan when hungry, stop when full. Done every day. Not saying I planned the best things every day, but I did it every day LOL

3. Three times a week (at least) take time for me, this can be journaling, crocheting, or time to read. Done both weeks, I need to take more time to journal, but taking time to myself while she's at work totally counts.

This was so much fun for me...we actually ran a couple of times but not enough to really make a difference in time :lol: I can't wait to start training outside though! I could really tell a difference :) 

yaa9kQS.jpg

I may have news soon, I'm being cautiously optimistic...nothing concerning me personally but my oldest and his wife. If you could put positive thoughts into the universe on their behalf I would appreciate it!

10 games in a row at home coming up starting Saturday, wish me luck! 

• Like 12

6 minutes ago, RES said:

I may have news soon, I'm being cautiously optimistic...nothing concerning me personally but my oldest and his wife. If you could put positive thoughts into the universe on their behalf I would appreciate it!

Got it.

• Like 2

Awesome I love the pic(s).  I love the bright sunshine.

I wish you great luck!

you sound like your on the rebound!  awesome.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, RES said:

yaa9kQS.jpg

10 games in a row at home coming up starting Saturday, wish me luck! 

Great photo of you!

Good for you keeping up with your goals last week. 

10 games in a row at home?!? My goodness, that's a lot. I hope the endurance test of your work goes as well as it can and you get some time off afterwards.

• Like 1

On 5/6/2019 at 4:16 PM, Mistr said:

10 games in a row at home?!? My goodness, that's a lot. I hope the endurance test of your work goes as well as it can and you get some time off afterwards.

We generally have two homestands with 10 games, the other 50 games are 5 on 5 off (usually, this can vary a bit)

This year it's been really good with how well I'm feeling, I can tell a huge difference with my endurance and just generally feeling more energetic. I credit this to my time in the gym and listening to what my body needs (and avoiding the junk that makes me feel bad) personal issues aside it's been a great year so far!

• Like 4

Y'all, I lost my damn mind! (not shocking to anyone I'm sure :lol: )

I was going to post this before but we started that 10 game home stand, a few days before that a friend of mine asked me to do a 5k with her that Saturday...so of course I said yes because what else do you do on the day a 10 gamer starts? 

HWyoWgQ.jpg

I did this same one last year, it came up in my facebook memories...I was looking at the pictures and I noticed something...so I put the two side by side and was a bit shocked

hygI9UF.jpg

Mind you, less than a 15 lb difference in the two, but I can see why everyone keeps talking about how much weight I've lost since last season!

1/2 way through the home stand, had a day game yesterday, was nice to get home at a decent time, get some laundry done, and get to sleep at a normal hour...woke up at 4:30 with my body saying it had enough sleep and what did I think I was doing staying in bed? I informed it that 6.5 hours isn't enough when we have the busy days coming up but it didn't listen to me and insisted it was plenty! :lol: 

Goals have been going well, few days I overdid on the eating but am back on track now, meaning the scale is heading in the correct direction once again ;) I'll post a challenge wrap up this weekend, not sure where the last 4-5 weeks went! :o 

• Like 10

It's funny how you don't feel like you make progress, but then you see an old picture. Then you can really see the progress. You can really tell a difference in your pictures. Nice job!

• Like 2

Great job keeping up on things while working all the time. I agree the photo shows a big difference since last year. Keep it up!

• Like 1

I am rediscovering that the scale is only one measurement. I've been weighing myself religiously, and seeing a good positive trend down... until this week, when it is going slightly up. I would be discouraged, but I also started measuring my waist each week. That has gone down steadily, even when the scale isn't changing. That reminded me that way back when I was getting into shape before I was taking progress photos. I need to start doing that again.

With the rate my waist is going down, I should be at a negative waist circumference by next year. Not sure how that works out... ;)

• Like 2

How late am I with this wrap up?

On 5/16/2019 at 1:05 PM, GoodDoug said:

I am rediscovering that the scale is only one measurement. I've been weighing myself religiously, and seeing a good positive trend down... until this week, when it is going slightly up. I would be discouraged, but I also started measuring my waist each week. That has gone down steadily, even when the scale isn't changing. That reminded me that way back when I was getting into shape before I was taking progress photos. I need to start doing that again.

With the rate my waist is going down, I should be at a negative waist circumference by next year. Not sure how that works out

I would make myself nuts if I measured that often...I try to remember to once every quarter or so....I need to again, especially since I've gone down a pants size.

1. Three interval runs, and one strength training a week. Look for someplace to make one of these runs outside. Missed three overall, got two in outside thanks to 5k's LOL Got in all the strength training

2. Continue making the 24 hour plan, eat on plan when hungry, stop when full. Missed 5 days of stopping when full, generally during game days when I'm tired and cravings kick in

3. Three times a week (at least) take time for me, this can be journaling, crocheting, or time to read. Got this in every week, even if only for a few minutes.

Got through the 10 gamer, tired but it's great how much better I feel this year compared to the last two.

On 5/5/2019 at 8:29 PM, RES said:

Their first doctor appointment is next Thursday, it looks like I'm going to be a grandma :D 

New challenge in the signature...let's keep going!

• Like 4