• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Curl Brogo

Brogo: beats for brainz

I am Brogo.

A 265 lbs. warrior who wants to be a 200-ish lbs. warrior.

A disgraced scientist now working as a CNC machinist, and wannabe artist/musician.

=============================================

Fitness goals: I'm focusing on the upper body, body weight lifts this challenge because 1) I want to get better at them, 2) getting better at them depends on me losing some weight. I also need to start running. I've always lost more weight when I include cardio and moving around with my feet. Barbells and kettlebells are great exercise, but I've been using them as an excuse to avoid what actually does work for me. Which is running. Ick.

Goals:

10 dips in one set

1 Chinup or pullup

Run 5k without stopping

Plan:

1) Do dip/pullup workouts 2x/week.

2) Run/walk every morning M-F ( yoga when it rains).

3) Do C25K program.

=============================================

Morning routine goal:

I struggle HARD with early mornings. I currently need (if I want to get 50+ hours/week at work) to get up at 4 am. I typically can't maintain this habit for more than a week before I start having problems with getting up early. Mainly from weekend sleepins and lack of sincere effort.

Goal:

Up at 4 am --> quick coffee + stretch --> Run/Walk/Yoga --> Eat breakfast --> Post challenge updates while eating and caffeinating

Plan:

Just fucking do it. Yeah, I wish I had a better plan, or some kind of "life hack." I am just going to have to use all my willpower on this one.

• Like 11

Ugh. This sucks. It's 4:26 am. Not only am I out of bed, but I've done stuff already.

I'm drinking coffee, breakfast is cooking, and I've done my morning stretch routine. I'm not getting ambitious here. I probably won't get into work until 6 am. I'm not going to start intense morning workouts. The point is my alarm went off at 4 am, and my feet were on the floor next to the bed before 4:01 am. I am awake, up, and it sucks, but I'm doing it.

Breakfast is fish and frozen veggies. Cuz fish was supposed to be dinner last night. I  put it on a plate to thaw in the fridge and forgot about it. If I leave it for dinner tonight, it'll dry out. So now it's breakfast.

Time for another cup of coffee.

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Curl Brogo said:

Ugh. This sucks. It's 4:26 am. Not only am I out of bed, but I've done stuff already.

I'm drinking coffee, breakfast is cooking, and I've done my morning stretch routine. I'm not getting ambitious here. I probably won't get into work until 6 am. I'm not going to start intense morning workouts. The point is my alarm went off at 4 am, and my feet were on the floor next to the bed before 4:01 am. I am awake, up, and it sucks, but I'm doing it.

Breakfast is fish and frozen veggies. Cuz fish was supposed to be dinner last night. I  put it on a plate to thaw in the fridge and forgot about it. If I leave it for dinner tonight, it'll dry out. So now it's breakfast.

Time for another cup of coffee.

I feel inspired just reading this. Go be awesome!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Urgan said:

giphy.gif

I feel like @raptron needs to know about this gif. It's a flipping dinosaur. I feel like I need to see further acrobatics in dinosaur costumes.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Harriet said:

I feel like @raptron needs to know about this gif. It's a flipping dinosaur. I feel like I need to see further acrobatics in dinosaur costumes.

So.....turns out this is a thing...

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Urgan said:

So.....turns out this is a thing...

These are wonderful, thank you indeed! What a magnificent and unexpected blend of agility and awkwardness! What a joy to behold an innocent fair-goer fleeing the field in terror and confusion before a charging, flapping, bouncing, stumbling dinosaur!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Harriet said:

I believe Tron actually has clips of her doing flippy stuff in one of these.

• Like 1

Yeah. If @raptron shows up and says "Oh yeah, that one, that one and that one... those are me.", My response will be:

A. Shocked

B. Mild Surprise

C.Extra crispy/spicy surprised

D. not-surprised-gif-6.gif

The answer was D.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Thanks for all the early morning encouragement.

Speaking of crushing goals on day 1 of zero week:

20 hours ago, Curl Brogo said:

Fitness goals:

6 dips in a set

1 Chinup or pullup

Run 5k without stopping

I just did 2 sets of 7 dips... supersetted with 2x20 95# Pendlay rows.

I'm gonna boost that to 1 set of 10. Basically, adding 1 rep/week from here on out.

Ugh. So angry. Not at anything in particular, just tired and hungry, and angry... so I guess we can call that THangry.

Today I was being "trained" which meant I stood there all day while the senior machinist I work with talked out loud while he set up a job, and cursed a lot when it didn't go well. But at least it kept me busy while I was on the clock for 10+ hours so... I'll take it.

The anger is probably what got me that extra couple of dip reps.

Now I'm finishing a salad before moving on to tortellini and meatless meatballs.

And I didn't think of this when making challenge goals, but there is a variable I did not consider...

Game of Thrones.

This is going to cause a great deal of distraction and anxiety during this challenge.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Curl Brogo said:

Ugh. So angry. Not at anything in particular, just tired and hungry, and angry... so I guess we can call that THangry.

Ah, the mysterious floating anger. It's actually a wandering spirit of fire that likes to camp in human bodies and cause havoc. 

6 hours ago, Curl Brogo said:

Today I was being "trained" which meant I stood there all day while the senior machinist I work with talked out loud while he set up a job, and cursed a lot when it didn't go well. But at least it kept me busy while I was on the clock for 10+ hours so... I'll take it.

Ugh, sounds frustrating. Did you at least learn some new curse words? 

• Like 1

Fuck!

Addit1: @Harriet , nope, just sticking with the traditional curse words my grandmother taught me.

Addit2: Goals partially updated. Now I need to leave for work. I'll finish them this evening.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Deckard Gainz said:

Hey, cool challenge. What are you using to make beatz?

It's not concrete yet, but some combination of Ableton, Protools, and Audacity. There are a few other software pieces that came with my equipment (audiocard/audio interface and midi controller), and some other open source stuff I need to check out. But I can do a lot with those three.

So with that I've got a ton of synth and sampled sounds to use and tweak and work with. I'm hoping to sample some stuff from the shop I work in using my phone (lots of machine buzzes and chatter, shop noises) and just around town at home etc. Then I have multiple guitars with effects processors, a digital piano/keyboard, a violin, a ukelele.

Damn. Just scraping together what I've haphazardly acquired over the years... I can make some music.

But even with all that, micing an acoustic guitar and sampling with these fucking lawnmowers in the background right now (Tuesday is yard maintenance in my apt complex) would be a mother fucker. So I guess we'll sample lawnmower sounds!

• Like 1

If you haven't stumbled upon these live youtube channels yet...

You're welcome.

I crushed my morning routine goal again this morning. I'll have to set up my coffee pot as soon as I finish this post so hopefully I can crush again tomorrow.

Breakfast was normal-ish. I had 3 fried eggs and sauteed bananas with a couple of English muffins. Lunch was a footlong meatball sub. For dinner I ate a salad and a whole box of shells and cheese (45g Protein!).

Before you judge me, and scroll to the top of my challenge to see if this is in line with my eating/nutrtition goals, I'll save you the time. There is not one. I've purposely not included one because right now I don't want to focus on that. I think most of my food goals tend to push extremes, or restrict this or that. I'll grant that there are a few too many calories on the above menu. My only regret was lunch, as it was a result of not planning ahead by bringing something. I went to subway and made bad decisions. The shells and cheese was pretty well calculated actually. (45 g Protein!). Quick back of the envelope calculations: I probably got about 3000 cals and 105g Protein total. Vegetables and fruit were eaten. ... not a terrible day. The point is on the whole I make pretty good food choices without dieting or restricting. When I diet or restrict, I suck it up and follow the plan for a while, then I decide to indulge and fuck it all up. I want to just let myself be in this area and see where it goes for now.

I didn't workout today. I will be in bed soon and don't intend to. I did map out some routes to run. My favorite is a nice long loop around the neighborhood. It's just over 5k. My apartment is right in the center, so if the whole loop is a no go for whatever reason, I can return pretty easily. Maybe I try to do this running thing tomorrow morning.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Curl Brogo said:

When I diet or restrict, I suck it up and follow the plan for a while, then I decide to indulge and fuck it all up. I want to just let myself be in this area and see where it goes for now.

Me too, bro, me too. And the following of the plan gets briefer and more tormented each time. I also fried bananas today. They kinda burnt rather than caramelising. Lower heat next time I guess. 

• Like 1