• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Chris Tarly

Brogo: beats for brainz

14 hours ago, Curl Brogo said:

If you haven't stumbled upon these live youtube channels yet...

They're very useful when I need to focus on work. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Curl Brogo said:

Damn. Just scraping together what I've haphazardly acquired over the years... I can make some music.

Yeah that actually sounds like a pretty awesome spread. Hell, Ableton with just one of those keyboards is great. Live recording is always difficult IMO, lawnmowers or no.

14 hours ago, Curl Brogo said:

If you haven't stumbled upon these live youtube channels yet...

I absolutely love this stuff. I'm particularly into the synthwave versions. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Curl Brogo said:

Before you judge me, and scroll to the top of my challenge to see if this is in line with my eating/nutrtition goals, I'll save you the time. There is not one. I've purposely not included one because right now I don't want to focus on that. I think most of my food goals tend to push extremes, or restrict this or that. I'll grant that there are a few too many calories on the above menu. My only regret was lunch, as it was a result of not planning ahead by bringing something. I went to subway and made bad decisions. The shells and cheese was pretty well calculated actually. (45 g Protein!). Quick back of the envelope calculations: I probably got about 3000 cals and 105g Protein total. Vegetables and fruit were eaten. ... not a terrible day. The point is on the whole I make pretty good food choices without dieting or restricting. When I diet or restrict, I suck it up and follow the plan for a while, then I decide to indulge and fuck it all up. I want to just let myself be in this area and see where it goes for now.

This sounds like a great plan, that hopefully will get rid of the stress of making good food choices and make it easier to enjoy the food. :) 

9 hours ago, Grumble said:

They're very useful when I need to focus on work. 

How can you focus on work with these sweet beats playing? Work is best done to trashy pop and shitty rock music I can ignore.

9 hours ago, Deckard Gainz said:

Yeah that actually sounds like a pretty awesome spread. Hell, Ableton with just one of those keyboards is great. Live recording is always difficult IMO, lawnmowers or no.

I absolutely love this stuff. I'm particularly into the synthwave versions. 

Ableton is great for making loops, I like audacity for analysis, processing, editing, and manipulation of tracks, then protools is where I slap it all together. But I'm still learning to use all three.

Not sure I follow tho.

6 hours ago, scalyfreak said:

This sounds like a great plan, that hopefully will get rid of the stress of making good food choices and make it easier to enjoy the food. :) 

I reminded myself of that post while in line at Burger King today and ordered a chicken sandwich instead of a mountain of cheap ground beef covered with bacon and cheese like I normally get when I go surrender to my bad implulses to eat there. I forgot about that post when I ate 6 frozen burritos when I got home.

I probably should have included some type of eating goal :/

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Curl Brogo said:

I forgot about that post when I ate 6 frozen burritos when I got home.

To be fair, that does sound like a good time.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

I reminded myself of that post while in line at Burger King today and ordered a chicken sandwich instead of a mountain of cheap ground beef covered with bacon and cheese like I normally get when I go surrender to my bad impulses to eat there. I forgot about that post when I ate 6 frozen burritos when I got home.

The Burger King choices are a partial victory though. Don't be so focused on the burritos that you forget that part.

• Like 1

I reminded myself of that post while in line at Burger King today and ordered a chicken sandwich instead of a mountain of cheap ground beef covered with bacon and cheese like I normally get when I go surrender to my bad implulses to eat there. I forgot about that post when I ate 6 frozen burritos when I got home.

I probably should have included some type of eating goal :/

Mmm. I love burgers. Maybe the burger deprivation--that bitter tragedy of being so close to burgers, yet unable to touch them--caused the frozen burrito attack? 

• Like 2

On 4/15/2019 at 1:09 PM, Harriet said:

These are wonderful, thank you indeed! What a magnificent and unexpected blend of agility and awkwardness! What a joy to behold an innocent fair-goer fleeing the field in terror and confusion before a charging, flapping, bouncing, stumbling dinosaur!

On 4/15/2019 at 4:09 PM, Grumble said:

I believe Tron actually has clips of her doing flippy stuff in one of these.

On 4/15/2019 at 5:57 PM, Curl Brogo said:

Yeah. If @raptron shows up and says "Oh yeah, that one, that one and that one... those are me.", My response will be:

A. Shocked

B. Mild Surprise

C.Extra crispy/spicy surprised

D. not-surprised-gif-6.gif

Reveal hidden contents

Ahahah, I don't actually have one of these myself, but there are probably videos of there of me in one at gymnastics camp. I just don't actually have any personally! My other tricks are in flying squirrel costumes. :P

AND BROGOOOO. I look forward to your continuing journey of exploring your expressions, doing shit you like, and finding balance. 

• Like 2

Not exactly crushing it today...

Got up a 6 (when the alarm went off at 4am I said "Fuck this."). At work at 7.

Lunch was half (of a ginormous) chocolate/coconut donut and a diet Mt. Dew.

At least I didn't leave work till 5 pm so I got almost 10 hours in.

Dinner was another box of Shells and Cheese.

I really should do a food goal... but no.

So tired. So full of noodlez and cheez.

Work was kinda cool today though. It was mostly job setup/training. I'm in a good spot. Our department, the Swiss lathe, is out of work, hence, I'm getting a lot of training. However, we're basically just taking work from the regular lathe department. Setting up our own jobs from scratch, and because our machines can do two things at once, we can knock them out twice as fast... so basically I've stumbled into a really good area. Being able to run these machines has obvious value and job security.

I'll catch up on beats and workouts this weekend. I really need to kick ass tomorrow. I'm thinking go into work at 5 am and work until I pass out, vomit, or it's 5 pm.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Curl Brogo said:

Lunch was half (of a ginormous) chocolate/coconut donut and a diet Mt. Dew.

Was it wrong of me to laugh at this? Anyway, when you're ready, a bit later, maybe you can have a food goal that involves adding something in rather than taking it away. So you don't go restriction crazy. Also, "fuck this" is the logical response to a 4am alarm, just saying. 

2 hours ago, Curl Brogo said:

I'm thinking go into work at 5 am and work until I pass out, vomit, or it's 5 pm.

Sounds like a hardcore work out. Career crossfit?

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, Harriet said:

Also, "fuck this" is the logical response to a 4am alarm, just saying.

Seconding. I say that when my alarm rings at 5AM, although it has limited bearing on what actually happens next it's still the thought that counts, right??

It seems like, per the insights gained last challenge, there are more valuable head-space related things to unpack than worrying about what you eat right now, especially while acclimating to 4AM life.

• Like 2

Alteration of goals:

I made running/walking every morning M-F a goal. I'm just going to get up and get out the door once I've had some caffeine and a good stretch. I was first thinking C25k, but running a strict program right now might be too overwhelming. It's more important to make some routine of getting out the door... but yoga on rainy mornings.

I also dialed down my work goal to 47 hours a week. 50 minimum can be difficult. 45 is the bare minimum I need right now. Most weeks the difference between 45 and 50 is in getting there a little early, keeping lunch short, and not leaving early.

Possible food goal: limit carbs from grains (bread, pasta, rice) to 6 servings/day.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Curl Brogo said:

I made running/walking every morning M-F a goal. I'm just going to get up and get out the door once I've had some caffeine and a good stretch. I was first thinking C25k, but running a strict program right now might be too overwhelming. It's more important to make some routine of getting out the door... but yoga on rainy mornings.

I love this goal. Move focus away from the large purpose that can be discouraging, and focus on something small and simple: Get out the door. That's the way to build habits. :)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Curl Brogo said:

Yeah...

Thormund Giantsbane is my new spirit animal.

:triumphant:

Episode spoiler: 

Spoiler

"Arise, Ser Brianne, knight of the seven kingdoms." Easily the most touching moment of the episode.

• Like 2

Not crushing it right now.

I did good getting up early on Monday, but I still didn't make it in to work until 6:30-7. With only five hours of sleep it was easy to dwell on caffeine and internet. Then Tuesday and this morning I felt the overwhelming need to catch up on sleep.

What's worse is that work sucks this week. Monday my senior associate and I were finishing up a tough job, so I was there till 5 and got around 10 hours... that also contributed to the want/need to sleep in... and yesterday and today I've been working in the quality lab doing the most monotonous crap. There is still no work on the machines I've been running (which I like to run) and tomorrow I'll be bouncing around again to go wherever work is needed.

I've been eating like shit.

Feeling fairly depressed, and reminding myself that it will pass as it usually does.

Damn you GoT. If I hadn't stayed up late to watch you I might not be in this mess.

On the other hand, I have to admit that I am not a morning person and the whole plan that involves getting up at 4 am is just not manageable for me. I'm fighting against my own biology pretty damn hard. I'm not, nor have I ever enjoyed the early riser lifestyle. Whenever I try this I tend to be able to stick to it for a few days, maybe a week at most, and then I burn out on it. I really need to find a way to balance this out.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Curl Brogo said:

I'm fighting against my own biology pretty damn hard.

The highest possible difficulty setting in the Game of Life... impressive!

how-long-sekiro-takes-to-beat.jpg

• Like 2