• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Norgaard

Norgaard - slow and spaghetti wins the race

goals:

1: Consistency - go to the gym 6 times a week, just show up, time and effort doesn't matter (YET) need the consistency back.

2: make @@mu proud by upping your damn handstand game

3: move - more - in different ways, currently doing Jon Yuens spinal waves 101, and might join his bottoms up course as well

4: juggle, haven't got space for poi so will postpone this till I have more outside time, and now focus on the normal juggling and contact juggling.

More will come here, and as always ill try my best to update (which I will totally fail and forget about)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, KB Girl said:

First! ;)

For that I will try to make some jerks and snatches with kb's if I take a video will you critique my technoique ( or directly hate on it ;) )!!

23 minutes ago, Norgaard said:

For that I will try to make some jerks and snatches with kb's if I take a video will you critique my technoique ( or directly hate on it ;) )!!

Ofcourse! :D

At least one of those things ;)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Norgaard said:

Reading her updates always makes me want to do handstands too!

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Mad Hatter said:

Reading her updates always makes me want to do handstands too!

Exactly! And She shows Why itd important to actually work your bum off! 

• Haha 1

Just now, Norgaard said:

Unfortunately yes :hopelessness:

• Haha 1

Following of course!

4 hours ago, Norgaard said:

:lol:  does that imply that I'm your goal #2 external evaluator? Should I get my tools out?

Spoiler

DSC01716.JPG

So what is YOUR PLAN? 

2 hours ago, Norgaard said:

:lol: I don't think I work that hard all the time, but I do have a good-enough sort of relationship with consistency these days, at least on HS/P2.

6 minutes ago, @mu said:

does that imply that I'm your goal #2 external evaluator?

I just read that as exterminator :D 

That plus the whip would make you a rather intimidating coach haha.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, @mu said:

:lol:  does that imply that I'm your goal #2 external evaluator? Should I get my tools out?

Reveal hidden contents

DSC01716.JPG

So what is YOUR PLAN? 

Im afraid Thats exactly What it means :angel:

17 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

I just read that as exterminator :D 

That plus the whip would make you a rather intimidating coach haha.

Hue hue :lol:  In truth, I'm pretty harmless but for this purpose, virtual exterminator mode could have its uses :D Look 2 new YT videos! Good job!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, @mu said:

Hue hue :lol:  In truth, I'm pretty harmless but for this purpose, virtual exterminator mode could have its uses :D Look 2 new YT videos! Good job!

upping my videogame :P maybe :I 

18 hours ago, Norgaard said:

That was a nice surprise! I'm so excited that your hips are going in the right direction :D

For snatch 2 things; 
1. fixate a bit overhead,  you're too loose there now and swinging to far behind you - on the jerk you show that you do know the positioning/timing, so just apply

2. try to get your hand deeper into the handle, it hangs back on your wrist now, ideally you'd want the handle going along with the ehh.. flesh of the dumb.. I'll make a picture if that's unclear x) 

Your jerk also has all the right elements :)

what I'd work on first is getting a full triple extension- as you go up your ankles, knees and hips should be extended. Right now you don't extend your knees. It's probably because you're already thinking about having to get under it, so to practice use a little less overall force but do finish the movement (think knees back) and then you'll still have time to get under. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, KB Girl said:

That was a nice surprise! I'm so excited that your hips are going in the right direction :D

For snatch 2 things; 
1. fixate a bit overhead,  you're too loose there now and swinging to far behind you - on the jerk you show that you do know the positioning/timing, so just apply

2. try to get your hand deeper into the handle, it hangs back on your wrist now, ideally you'd want the handle going along with the ehh.. flesh of the dumb.. I'll make a picture if that's unclear x) 

Your jerk also has all the right elements :)

what I'd work on first is getting a full triple extension- as you go up your ankles, knees and hips should be extended. Right now you don't extend your knees. It's probably because you're already thinking about having to get under it, so to practice use a little less overall force but do finish the movement (think knees back) and then you'll still have time to get under. 

you called my flesh dumb ;) 

Yes please a picture would make things more clear :) and ill look into the other things. 

Nice to hear im not totally useless :semi-twins: ill work on the things and tag you again when it gets better ! thanks for your time <3  

• Like 1

So easter was hectic but now the challenge is really started! I did go to the gym yesterday, and did some handstands at home today, planning on going to the gym later, got a lot of things fixed so far which is great!.

@KB Girl there will be a video for you soon, hope I did better this time!

I did end up getting the bottoms up course from Jon Yuen so doing that and the spinal waves as well! time for a short juggling break!

• Like 3

so where is the HS practice video? :D

How was the week otherwise? Looks like you got into a rhythm?

32 minutes ago, @mu said:

so where is the HS practice video? :D

How was the week otherwise? Looks like you got into a rhythm?

I’ve beeb at the gym every day so far! I must admit I didn’t record the last session. To many people and noise!

• Like 1

Brilliant, way to go! Video recording is optional. No pb. I will put my whip aside for now :lol:

How is the weather now up there? any chance of poi juggling? 

Your jerk looks great! A full triple extension now :) Thats actually very impressive, a lot of people have trouble with adjusting that. If you want to work on it further, then it'd be beneficial to improve your rack position. Right now you're holding upper arm against your chest quite well, you could improve it by getting even more connection- ideally you'd put your elbow on your hip bone. But you'll need to do a little pelvic tilt and bend the upper back to achieve that. 

The snatch is a little more troublesome.. you're loading your back too much by hip hingeing on the way down. As you let the kettlebell drop you'll want to drop the knees to catch the weight and refrain from hingeing until your upper arm makes contact with your chest... look at the way down on this video; 

Sorry it took a while, but I got you that photo of the hand insertion... I meant to say flesh of the thumb x) 

It should be very diagonal in your hand, so the wrist doesn't have to bend back.. and then ideally you'd have the handle of the bell sitting against your forearm. 

2137705040_Foto25-04-19211254.thumb.jpg.8ea988f45657d4f3eb4449fff810a17e.jpg

• Like 1

21 hours ago, @mu said:

Brilliant, way to go! Video recording is optional. No pb. I will put my whip aside for now :lol:

How is the weather now up there? any chance of poi juggling? 

yesterday 21 degrees C
today rain all day.

Tomorrow? who knows? snow or a heating wave or nothing at all :D

So for now the pois are at home

• Like 2