• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Salinger

Salinger's twenty first challenge!

Hello everyone! No real theme for me this time - i forget about it less than a week in, so there is no point haha

It is Monday 15th, and just about to hit midday. (Ive been sneezing like mad, if i get my cold again, shit will go down....!)

I am not going to steal @shaar's idea, but healing sounds pretty wonderful right now for me too...i have a lot of anxiety inside. I am very busy with work stuff, i have a London project to organise, I am going to Venice on the 8th May to install work, and need to find a gallery space for the next big Broken Grey Wires exhibition. Alongside that, i need to keep researching, plotting, making work, making connections blah blah blah. 

giphy.gif

I have a car now though, and done a few little trips and one longer trip. This week is going to be nice weather, even 21 degrees one day. (70 degrees for the Americans) so im pretty excited and want to get out. Annoyingly its bank holiday weekend though, so it will likely be packed everywhere...NOT GOOD. 

My friend from Italy is going to be in the UK - so we will be meeting somewhere, maybe at the beach :) that will likely be on Friday. 

Anyway...my goals are simple and recurring. 

• Eat better, cleaner food. (main evening meal must include veggies/salads)
  • Workout 2/3 times a week (AT THE GYM)
  • Go for walks more often outside. (one per week)
  • Drink more water. (fill up 2L bottle and sip throughout the day)
  • Begin to meditate again (3 evenings per week...more if possible)
  • READ MORE (3 nights per week for 30 mins or more)

Thats it...seems simple enough writing it down hahaha :D 

All these things make my life easier, and make my mental health stronger so it is really important i try my best. 

Lets do this gang!

200.webp?cid=790b76115cb4655869324275637

• Like 7

ha! sorry I didn't see this earlier.

I've lost track of the times.  Healing is a magical word and when you think about it; its really a miraculous process.

I had a blister in an odd place on my last walk.,  it was on top of another scar and Looked Horrible!  I popped it on home with a sanitary needle and its been healing ever since.  its amazing to me; how my body takes all this hiking abuse then adapts and strengthens...

I think my blister offers ONE more analogy.  surely If I go hiking again with the exact same shoes/socks again I'll get that blister.  on top of another older blister it would be pretty bad.  instead, we must learn from our mistakes and fix parts of our lives so we don't go damaging old wounds over and over!  o

we might fall short and put blisters on old blisters-- but we should Try all the time to get beyond current limitation.

Next walk I'm taping up that spot.

hopefully Tape prevents the friction and stops the blister from forming.

---

I like your effort to meditate particularly.  I've said before how much I struggle with some of that.  but the mind it just Races out of control so easily!!!

I wish you luck and encouragement in this...

Jason

• Like 4

Hey all, its just gone 3.30pm. Phew ive had a busy day...!

Went to the post office, to send a parcel for Ste...then to the shops for some salad, chicken, a smoothie and some butter. Picked up some bleach and other cleaning bits as well. Drove home, had some lunch, then cleaned the bathroom and my bedroom. Hoovered all of upstairs and then the actual stairs. Now i have downstairs to hoover and the kitchen to clean!!! Im in a real clean freak mood. I have music on and the place is smelling lovely :)

I hope Ste will be pleased, he is a little distant lately, not sure why?! :(

Ive got a busy week, tomorrow i think im meeting a friend to watch the football, then Wednesday afternoon im going for a walk with a friend...its going to be nice so ill probably take a blanket and we can chill in the sun too. Ill drive to pick her up from town, then we will drive there (its only like 20 mins away from town) 

Thursday i have a fundraiser gig im helping arrange...then Friday I think I will be going to the beach to meet my friend from Italy, who is home in the UK for a few days. The weekend i will chill out. Sometimes i dont like being so busy, it makes me anxious. So more important for me to centre myself and HEAL. 

Right, back to cleaning! xx

• Like 5

17 hours ago, Ann of Vries said:

Sounds like you've got an exciting few weeks ahead of you! 

Thanks Ann xx

16 hours ago, shaar said:

YAY the beach!!!! *^_^*

Here to see you ROCK THIS!

Aww thank you Shaar <3 xx

14 hours ago, NicTheRugger said:

Following along for awesome goals!

Yay good to have you Nic!! xx

Morning all... 10.45am...i woke around 9.20, then lay in bed till 10am :o 

Not much going on today really, i feel very tired and a bit stressed out. Need to work on some technical things, and read about how to build a system for my installation. But my eyes are drooping and i want to lie down hahahah

Not sure where to watch the football tonight.  Everything up in the air a bit it seems. 

Maybe i should go to the gym...x

• Like 1

Thanks guys, i went for a walk round the block...then napped. 

I went mad this morning and i have booked a three night solo trip to Snowdonia :o 

hahaaha i booked an airbnb, it has a log fire :D i cant wait. Its in 2 weeks !!!!!! ill go walking, to the beach, and relax and read. I cant wait. Its cheered me up xx

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Salinger said:

I went mad this morning and i have booked a three night solo trip to Snowdonia :o 

hahaaha i booked an airbnb, it has a log fire :D i cant wait. Its in 2 weeks !!!!!! ill go walking, to the beach, and relax and read. I cant wait. Its cheered me up xx

Oohhh.  Wales!  I got to visit Betws y Coed a long time ago.  It was so cool.  Absolutely beautiful country.  Have fun!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Salinger said:

naps are also good :P and wow, that sounds fun! When do you go?

• Like 1

you seem busy Too!

Snowdonia!  what a cool name.  I'll have to google it this afternoon.

whats happening today? 

• Like 1

On 4/16/2019 at 6:26 PM, NicTheRugger said:

naps are also good :P and wow, that sounds fun! When do you go?

29th APRIL!!!! eeeek scared. 

hhaah

41 minutes ago, TGP said:

you seem busy Too!

Snowdonia!  what a cool name.  I'll have to google it this afternoon.

whats happening today? 

Cool hey... here are a couple of photos

GettyImages-4540860191-59930af8396e5a0010a21cde.jpg

camping-pods-in-snowdonia.jpg

GORGEOUS

Today? Not much....xx

• Like 2

Hey all...sorry been a bit AWOL. Done bugger all. Drank too much again. Hungover yesterday. But spent the afternoon with a good friend. We messed about with some filming stuff and relaxed, had some lunch together etc. Was nice. I had an early night too. 

Today i moved the grass. Bloody hell what a workout aaahhhhhahaha

Ste booked the day off, we have been hanging out, we just bought festival tickets!!!! And we are wondering if to hire a camper van to take !!! Exciting! 

Tonight there is a fundraiser i must go to...a gig i helped organise. I dont want to go, i may not drink...or just have one. Im up early tomorrow to go to the beach to meet my friend from Italy who is in the UK for Easter break. 

x

• Like 3

SNOWDONIA sounds like a place in an RPG where your party goes to meet the reclusive ice-people natives and battle the mysterious snow lord Ser Frostybuns to retrieve the local town relics.....  

Festival sounds fuuuunnn too!!  CAMPER VAN YES <3

• Like 5

4 hours ago, shaar said:

SNOWDONIA sounds like a place in an RPG where your party goes to meet the reclusive ice-people natives and battle the mysterious snow lord Ser Frostybuns to retrieve the local town relics.....  

IAgreeWithShaar™

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/18/2019 at 3:19 PM, shaar said:

Festival sounds fuuuunnn too!!  CAMPER VAN YES <3

hahaha :) it does sound like that!!! :D 

Not sure we can afford the camper van :( but festival and camping is fine !!! 

23 hours ago, Cheetah said:

IAgreeWithShaar™

xx

Today hello, i drove to the beach again and met my friend from Italy. She is 'home' for a few days over Easter. It was nice. the drive was fun, i listened to music (eminem) pretty damn loud haha and it went ok. I THINK i got a speeding ticket though...oh FUCK :(

The beach was glorious....

57227740_433013330837013_3368698813400219648_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_eui2=AeFTdeBay81AIklHHUmIt-AZh9aAZt5KeSkNt-pZKqhbSBltO4N1s7oHsitH0rEDTZ3NpcoV4pHNZxIuSO5b2-7yL9Cgk_Yg03P285kcYyLAug&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr3-1.xx&oh=3ed66103c1c230333299696e6c246729&oe=5D2A1247

Just look at that :)  

Got home around 5pm. Ste was finishing off cutting the grass....i strimmed it yesterday and he finished mowing it. He has now gone out to drink with mates. I plan on listening to music, showering, washing up and planning the week ahead. 

Its SO HOT here ... been lovely to be sat catching up with my friend. 

OH and i am thinking of searching for dogs to walk?! What do you think? Now i have a car, it would be easier to take them places for walks....maybe?! There is this site....

https://www.borrowmydoggy.com/home

Would be good chance to walk more too.....

Im tired, exhausted.

OH and the gig fundraiser went really well last night :) so thats good. I came home around 11.30pm :o which is so good for me! Especially when i wanted to stay out....

OK time to listen to old Libertines songs and wash the dishes haha xx

• Like 4

Hey hi hello I can’t believe I’ve never checked out your threads before but I am here now! Sounds like you have a lot of fun things to look forward to! :) 

• Like 1

Oh wow a vacation to a Bob Ross painting even! Eeeee how exciting! I hope you have a great time, with Snowdonia ad the festival, camper or no camper :D you have so many things going on right now! The dogwalking sounds like a wonderful idea, too. Spending time with puppers, getting some exercise, and knowing you're helping somebody out. Sounds like something fun to try out.

*sends hugs and pompom wavin's* best wishes to you Sal and i hope you get in some nice self-care :3

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Shadri said:

Hey hi hello I can’t believe I’ve never checked out your threads before but I am here now! Sounds like you have a lot of fun things to look forward to! :) 

:o haha

Well im glad you are finally here <3 

xx

18 hours ago, Miaulin said:

Oh wow a vacation to a Bob Ross painting even! Eeeee how exciting! I hope you have a great time, with Snowdonia ad the festival, camper or no camper :D you have so many things going on right now! The dogwalking sounds like a wonderful idea, too. Spending time with puppers, getting some exercise, and knowing you're helping somebody out. Sounds like something fun to try out.

*sends hugs and pompom wavin's* best wishes to you Sal and i hope you get in some nice self-care :3

hehe it is very pretty!!

Thanks Mia, so happy you are here again!!!! xx

Hey all!! WOW IT IS SO HOT HERE!! 24 degrees yesterday - maybe even more to be honest. I had a busy day...i drove to the garden centre, pottered around which was lovely, and spent too much money on plants and stuff. Got home, started planting in pots i bought. Then me and Ste decided to have a BBQ so i drove to the shops to get some food. Not much was left to be honest :o but i grabbed some burgers and sausages. 

We made a salad and opened a beer and lit the bbq. I put on some music on my speakers and we chilled out. Was a lovely night. 

57540256_1298004840376229_4088775111644020736_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr3-1.xx&oh=77f0ecd37afcc9dc53c7bc79f42bea85&oe=5D753B17

Blocked out Ste's face cos he isnt in for me to ask if i can put it up on here.

Im so tired today, even though i slept till like 9am...i have a nice cup of tea and i will relax today i think. I need to pot the remaining plants and i will take a photo when done. Then my friend Billy wants to meet to watch the football. So i may head into town soon. But wont be a mad one, because im tired and want to relax. 

I messaged a few people about the dog walking....so lets see where it goes...!!!! x

• Like 3