• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Salinger

Salinger's twenty first challenge!

9 hours ago, Salinger said:

Hey all!! WOW IT IS SO HOT HERE!! 24 degrees yesterday - maybe even more to be honest. I had a busy day...i drove to the garden centre, pottered around which was lovely, and spent too much money on plants and stuff. Got home, started planting in pots i bought. Then me and Ste decided to have a BBQ so i drove to the shops to get some food. Not much was left to be honest :o but i grabbed some burgers and sausages. 

We made a salad and opened a beer and lit the bbq. I put on some music on my speakers and we chilled out. Was a lovely night. 

57540256_1298004840376229_4088775111644020736_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr3-1.xx&oh=77f0ecd37afcc9dc53c7bc79f42bea85&oe=5D753B17

Blocked out Ste's face cos he isnt in for me to ask if i can put it up on here.

Im so tired today, even though i slept till like 9am...i have a nice cup of tea and i will relax today i think. I need to pot the remaining plants and i will take a photo when done. Then my friend Billy wants to meet to watch the football. So i may head into town soon. But wont be a mad one, because im tired and want to relax. 

I messaged a few people about the dog walking....so lets see where it goes...!!!! x

Puppy love >> pet therapy + exercise.  Sounds good to me.

• Like 2

Hey all - yesterday was a little bit of a mad one. Everton beat Manchester United 4 - 0 :o crazy! My mates are united fans and I was goading them a bit heheh 

we then proceeded to drink too much. Didn’t get home till 6:30am - idiot. 

Today ive napped, eaten a McDonald’s and now sat in the garden listening to the radio...

everytime I do this (which is a lot these days) I do feel guilty and stupid. 

Its wrecking my PLANS. To lose weight and get fit and strong. I’m too hungover to workout, I’m tired, my immune system is shot. Etc 

*sigh* 

i dont want to not have nights like this, I had a nice time. It’s just I feel so bloody conflicted. 

Ok enough of that. 

Need to just chill out x

Go Everton!! South here we're big fans of watching the Premier... We worship Messi's Barça... or the other teams with Argentineans... but the Premier is always the most fun tournament, always got some surprises (looking at the Juventus and its 6th? championship on a row)

Have you tried meditating/thinking on to why you're doing those things you end up hating afterward? And don't be so hard on yourself! Well.. at least for me, it's easier to forgive and forget, "borron y cuenta nueva". Ok, you did it. Now it is in the past. You're in the present. There's only now. Here and now

• Like 3

1 minute ago, jcmgm said:

Have you tried meditating/thinking on to why you're doing those things you end up hating afterward? And don't be so hard on yourself! Well.. at least for me, it's easier to forgive and forget, "borron y cuenta nueva". Ok, you did it. Now it is in the past. You're in the present. There's only now. Here and now

You are right of course. I think the main issue for me is that I can’t balance ‘work and play’ 

It makes me feel like I have no balance in my life at all. I can’t ‘cope’ with that and it makes me very anxious. I want to be a good person and I want to be strong and mindful and creative and look after my body and I want to make the most of the tiny amount of time I have on this planet. 

At at the moment im unsure I’m doing my best :( 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Salinger said:

You are right of course. I think the main issue for me is that I can’t balance ‘work and play’ 

It makes me feel like I have no balance in my life at all. I can’t ‘cope’ with that and it makes me very anxious. I want to be a good person and I want to be strong and mindful and creative and look after my body and I want to make the most of the tiny amount of time I have on this planet. 

Finding that delicate work/play balance is a struggle! I know I struggled a lot with that in school. I either focused too much on school, and got super depressed and unhappy, or had too much fun, and had my grades and studies suffer as a result. Eventually, I ended up taking a "me" week, where I focused on doing the things I needed to do, but otherwise just taking a lot of down time to figure out how to balance the need to do work and my need to have fun with my friends!  Maybe you need a reset period like my "me" week. Take some time for yourself, take some time to relax and refocus, and figure out how to balance that stuff? Good luck! I'll be cheering you on.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, NicTheRugger said:

Maybe you need a reset period like my "me" week. Take some time for yourself, take some time to relax and refocus, and figure out how to balance that stuff? Good luck! I'll be cheering you on.

Thanks Nic! 

I am actually going to snowdonia next week (29th) for 3 nights. On my own... I’m kind of terrified becaue it’s a long drive (longest I will have done so far) and I’m alone and stuff but also looking forward to packing up the car with books and stuff and chilling out in a cozy place with mountains around me and walking opportunities ! X

• Like 2

Long drives can be both fun yet stressful! I used to do a fairly long drive (and then back, a few months later) for school, and while it was never my favorite thing to do, the drive allowed me to think about things I wanted to do for the semester, listen to podcasts (I finished an entire series just by driving to and from school for a year), and enjoy the scenery, since I drove through some really pretty parts of the country. Make sure you take breaks if you feel tired! I don't know if rest stops are a thing in the UK (that's where you are, right? I'm not just imagining that?), but stopping at one around every 2 hours definitely makes the trip a little more bearable. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Salinger said:

That's a common feeling, be surf of that! It is commong in the students of first year of biology, and friends, and family. We're all doing what we can. Of course, it is so easy to say it, but to feel it? Understand that we're ok...
You've got good intention. Sometimes I like to think of how Inertia works in the world.
Could say it is a way of distoring physical laws to sound more "intellectual".

Baby steps! And you'll get the snowball running. Start with something.

What balls are you juggling with? Perhaps we could help!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NicTheRugger said:

Make sure you take breaks if you feel tired! I don't know if rest stops are a thing in the UK (that's where you are, right? I'm not just imagining that?), but stopping at one around every 2 hours definitely makes the trip a little more bearable.

As @NicTheRugger said! Every now and then stop to stretch... Also, as said above, don't know how long is the trip you'll be making, or if it is all highway.. or a road with a view.
Here we got long routes and not so many highways. So it is easy to stop and spend some time relaxing.
You'll be great!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, jcmgm said:

That's a common feeling, be surf of that! It is commong in the students of first year of biology, and friends, and family. We're all doing what we can. Of course, it is so easy to say it, but to feel it? Understand that we're ok...
You've got good intention. Sometimes I like to think of how Inertia works in the world.
Could say it is a way of distoring physical laws to sound more "intellectual".

Baby steps! And you'll get the snowball running. Start with something.

What balls are you juggling with? Perhaps we could help!

Really helpful thoughts J thanks! I mean mainly the things im juggling are work stuff, making work, emails and admin. Nights out with friends, alcohol and drugs. And then exercising - eating healthily, self care.... 

x

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jcmgm said:

As @NicTheRugger said! Every now and then stop to stretch... Also, as said above, don't know how long is the trip you'll be making, or if it is all highway.. or a road with a view.
Here we got long routes and not so many highways. So it is easy to stop and spend some time relaxing.
You'll be great!

Its just 2 and a half hours, and actually a lot of the drive once I get to Wales, is along the coast so yes I can stop and chill out if I need to :) 

• Like 2

Oh you'll be great! I envy you! Here we got long stretches of the Pampa... a vast plain... with almost nothing remarkable.

And regarding the balance... maybe you could synergize some activities! Drink and answer emails... night out for a run xD Just joking.
Sometimes it feels like you've got to choose, having social life and work efficiency = no health, social life and health= no work, work and health = no social life.
It's a struggle

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jstanlick said:

That sounds like quite an enjoyable ride!

I hope so!!x 

2 hours ago, jcmgm said:

Oh you'll be great! I envy you! Here we got long stretches of the Pampa... a vast plain... with almost nothing remarkable.

And regarding the balance... maybe you could synergize some activities! Drink and answer emails... night out for a run xD Just joking.
Sometimes it feels like you've got to choose, having social life and work efficiency = no health, social life and health= no work, work and health = no social life.
It's a struggle

Haha made me chuckle !!

yep it’s a struggle alright :( 

work? Play? Exercise? Eat well? Take drugs? Dance at gigs? Make art? Read? Meditate? Self care? Drink? 

Aaaaghhhhhhh

6 hours ago, Salinger said:

I want to be a good person

You are. :] <3

Just keep trying.  We all are doing our best and like others said.. striking a balance is so very vital.  And hard!  You can do it tho'!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Salinger said:

work? Play? Exercise? Eat well? Take drugs? Dance at gigs? Make art? Read? Meditate? Self care? Drink? 

Depends on the drugs! You could work while playing, taking drugs and dancing at gigs drinking and eating some carrots (?)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, shaar said:

You are. :] <3

Just keep trying.  We all are doing our best and like others said.. striking a balance is so very vital.  And hard!  You can do it tho'!

Thanks Shaar, my love. xx

10 hours ago, jcmgm said:

Depends on the drugs! You could work while playing, taking drugs and dancing at gigs drinking and eating some carrots (?)

haaaa :) x

Hey all....i must confess something. Not taken my meds for maybe 3/4 days. I took them this morning but im feeling out of sorts, a little woozy...head zaps too. Bleeurrgh. MUST. DO. BETTER. 

Been a busy morning. (it is 12.30 in the afternoon right now)

Ste put the single bed in the little spare room, up on gumtree and someone came to look this morning, ended up taking it. He was quite a sexy New Zealander haha, and i had just woken up, in my joggers, sleep in eyes, hair not brushed HAHAHA oh well. 

Then had to take Franz the car to the garage. My back tyre had gone pretty flat. I dont know how to use the air machine HAHA so i rang to see if i could pop over. He pumped the tyre up, and gave the other back one a bit of air too....said to pop round later this eve and he will check the pressure. If its gone down, i have a puncture eeeek. *fingers crossed its not though* 

Then i nipped to the shops. spent bloody £50 for fuck sake HOW. ??

I only wanted milk and eggs. Came out with a leg of lamb, mint sauce, cous cous, salad, bananas, a cooked chicken, juice, garlic.....etc i shouldnt shop when hungry. 

I want to do better with eating - i know i say that every day but im doing awful, my face is getting fatter by the minute. Even if i dont eat anything bar cereal in the day, i am putting on weight. (booze may have something to do with that too )

Healthy cooked meals. Maybe i need to cook new things? Get a bit of a spark back in the kitchen?

I have therapy (over the phone) at 2pm. so just sort of hanging about waiting for that. Then im thinking of going to the gym. Even though i do feel kinda funny due to missed meds. But is that an excuse? :( im such an idiot. 

Sun is out again today, but from tomorrow temperatures will drop a bit, and rain is on its way :( just in time for me to go to Wales :o booooooo. 

xx

Ohh! Hope you feel better soon.
Don't worry about the weather! As a photographer teacher always said (I think he took it from somewhere else actually)

There's no bad weather, just bad clothing

(A quick search threw up so many variations of this quote) 
Cliched or not! You'll have a great time either way. That place looks awesome (just saw the photos of Snowdonia)
Hope the tire isn't punctured... had to deal with 3 of them last month. The worst! You come tired from work to the car and there it is... leaning to the street, wanting a hug !

Seems like a full day but hey! You got to see a sexy kiwi!

• Like 1

you ARE a good person.  (don't doubt that!)

as far as doing your best.  that is Always Very very hard to do.  its a neverending fight to bring to do your best!  and always worth it.

I have an assignment for you to do in the Near future!  think of something GOOD you've done.   if you try you can prolly make a big list.

think of the best of the best and ask yourself why you did it!

I'm sure it would say something insightful about yourself.

don't be down On lizz, Lizz!  I'm great friends with her!  I appreciate her a LOT!

balance and best efforts are always really, really hard to achieve.  & its easy to forget meds.

and about the Tyre.  I just had to have a shop fix a problem with MY tyre- "sidewall damage".  Had to replace the Whole tyre (or Tire, as we spell it in the USA)

whats up with that!?  Now three rebels in a row- odd coincidence.

• Like 3

:( hope you feel better soon. Here’s a reminder to take your meds today if you haven’t. *hug*

It’s easy to look at life and look at all the things we Should or Shouldn’t be doing, and think... why am I doing/not doing all this? Why can’t I do/not all this? 

But we can see it all at once, laid out in front of us, all the things we wish to do... and doing all of it is actually really hard! We only have a limited amount of time and energy in a day, and we procrastinate, and &c... as frustrating as it is, it will take lots of practice, and it won’t come overnight. And practice means we mess up, sometimes a lot; but practice also means we learn and improve and, most importantly, don’t stop trying

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jcmgm said:

Ohh! Hope you feel better soon.
Don't worry about the weather! As a photographer teacher always said (I think he took it from somewhere else actually)

(A quick search threw up so many variations of this quote) 
Cliched or not! You'll have a great time either way. That place looks awesome (just saw the photos of Snowdonia)
Hope the tire isn't punctured... had to deal with 3 of them last month. The worst! You come tired from work to the car and there it is... leaning to the street, wanting a hug !

Seems like a full day but hey! You got to see a sexy kiwi!

Yes i have a waterproof so ill be fine :)

Yes the sexy kiwi brightened my morning haha !! x

2 hours ago, TGP said:

you ARE a good person.  (don't doubt that!)

Thank you TGP and for your lovely message to me. I will try to be kinder to myself and think of you all when im being critical... xx

57 minutes ago, Shadri said:

:( hope you feel better soon. Here’s a reminder to take your meds today if you haven’t. *hug*

It’s easy to look at life and look at all the things we Should or Shouldn’t be doing, and think... why am I doing/not doing all this? Why can’t I do/not all this? 

But we can see it all at once, laid out in front of us, all the things we wish to do... and doing all of it is actually really hard! We only have a limited amount of time and energy in a day, and we procrastinate, and &c... as frustrating as it is, it will take lots of practice, and it won’t come overnight. And practice means we mess up, sometimes a lot; but practice also means we learn and improve and, most importantly, don’t stop trying

I took them thanks Shadri <3  

Good advice, thank you !! I will keep trying. xx

• Like 1

Hey all. Its 4pm. Sun is out lovely. Bit windy though...

I just had my therapy session, it went really well as always. He is so thoughtful and makes me think of things differently. I will be meeting him in person in a couple of weeks!!! eeek. 

Im contemplating going to the gym, even though really id prefer to sit in the garden and listen to music or read! LAZYYYYY

Im so lazy and tired and scared of failure xx

• Like 3

Hey all! After my post I drove to the gym. A win? Not sure... all I did was 30 mins on the treadmill. I had I just walk on an incline because I forgot to change into my sports bra *girl problems* 

bit annoyed about that but I was feeling dizzy so left it at that. I did get sweaty and out of breath though. 

Perhaps just going to 30 mins at a time until it becomes more of a habit, is sensible? Less daunting then I suppose. 

Im now in the garden getting the last of the rays - it’s 5:30pm - listening to music and drinking water. Chicken salad for dinner. 

Its quite windy but its sort of nice with a breeze! 

Xx

• Like 6