• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Salinger

Salinger's twenty first challenge!

Yessssssss the gym, excellent! Sounds like a solid workout to me. With you having been sick so much recently, and missing meds for a few days, the dizziness was likely a good stopsign as overdoing it won't do you in favors. I hope you have a nice evening :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Salinger said:

bit annoyed about that but I was feeling dizzy so left it at that. I did get sweaty and out of breath though. 

Perhaps just going to 30 mins at a time until it becomes more of a habit, is sensible?

If you were sweaty, out of breath and starting to get dizzy, then you did enough! Habits work far better than will power. If you can make a habit out of going, that's a big win!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Miaulin said:

Yessssssss the gym, excellent! Sounds like a solid workout to me. With you having been sick so much recently, and missing meds for a few days, the dizziness was likely a good stopsign as overdoing it won't do you in favors. I hope you have a nice evening :D

Thanks mia!! Xx

3 hours ago, jstanlick said:

If you were sweaty, out of breath and starting to get dizzy, then you did enough! Habits work far better than will power. If you can make a habit out of going, that's a big win!

I hope I can J!! Xx

• Like 1

Hey all, just past 10 pm - just had a nice long hot bath :) listened to music while lying there and it was bliss... 

now im all cosy and warm and STILL have music on, but will settle down soon. 

I had had a very tasty lasagne and salad for dinner - with some watermelon for afters. Drank a lot of water today :) 

home alone tonight so its been nice to relax and just laze around. I’m glad I went to the gym earlier. 

I might go tomorrow as well in the morning - before my meeting. 

X

• Like 5

Hey all.... 12.30pm here. Sunny but rain is coming in a few hours so i need to bring the chairs inside!!

I forgot, but i have a meeting at 3pm. Then another that i know about, at 5pm. Bleurgh. 

So no time to go to the gym really as i need to prepare. Annoying ... After the second meeting, i will be going to watch the football. 

Anyway oh well, ill go tomorrow. 

Looks like i have a planned day to take a dog for a walk :o 7th May! Lunchtime. Hope the dog likes me...he will have to be in my car to get to a walking route...so fingers crossed it goes ok. 

Another person messaged me also, this morning! So maybe two dogs!

xx

• Like 2

oh, btw.

I haven't heard too much of the football games.  do you still do them, or was that more of a one time thing?

:curious

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TGP said:

oh, btw.

I haven't heard too much of the football games.  do you still do them, or was that more of a one time thing?

:curious

Annoyingly, EVERY Thursday i have been bloody mad busy with gigs or meetings :( i was in London for one Thursday too.... 

Tomorrow, my friends band is playing so ill be at another gig....

I also feel, even though i enjoyed it a lot, i need to get my fitness up. Ill be bloody good, if i lose some weight. Its holding me back not just in vanity but in life. :( x

• Like 1

you have a Busy life then.

this is undeniably good!  as for the fitness; 

you are in an absolutely great place right now and you are working on that more than you have in the past.

Patience and persistence will get you nearly everywhere as an athlete!  (I think I'm using that word a lot now days, as I'm following sylvaa thread and she had a really interesting discussion about it).

I'm a twinge jellin' about the ability you have to be part of a team.   as you might remember for a while I was in a volleyball league.  I've seen 2 teams dissolve now and have no real way to get into the game.

volleyball; didn't play exactly to my strengths but it was fun and motivated me to work on aspects of my body that don't improve very rapidly.

(for one; I've had lifelong challenges with hand-eye coordination).

I know your avid about soccor football and that is reason enough to continue to work on getting in the game; if you can!

as for the weight.  You'll lose it!  I know you will.  your doing great right now.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Salinger said:

Perhaps just going to 30 mins at a time until it becomes more of a habit, is sensible? Less daunting then I suppose. 

I find that being consistent in the end is better than going 'all in - all out'
You end up less tired, sore and can do it more and more. In the end, more frequent bouts of low impact is better! (IMHO)

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Salinger said:

Hey all! After my post I drove to the gym. A win?

Heck yeah it's a win!

2 hours ago, Salinger said:

I forgot, but i have a meeting at 3pm. Then another that i know about, at 5pm. Bleurgh. 

Meetings after 4:30 pm should be illegal.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, NicTheRugger said:

Meetings after 4:30 pm should be illegal.

54 minutes ago, jcmgm said:

I agree with this

I am an artist though, meetings are always in the pub, so its good job they are later on hahaha x

2 hours ago, TGP said:

hey Sal, 

how was the day anyways?

hope everything is ok....

Hey :)  day was ok. 

Today i have been busy...drove to town, picked up a cheap laptop to take to Venice, picked up a friend, went for cups of tea and a bacon butty, then i drove him home. Napped, then dragged myself out to watch his band. They are really really good, im glad i went. They are all having a mad one tonight but i felt tired, so i came home!! Only had one bottle of beer as well...didnt feel like it so didnt force myself. 

I hadnt eaten much today, so i grabbed a mcdonalds on the way back. Need to stop being so fucking lazy though, its 11.15pm and im tired and did i NEED the food?? Prob not :(

Oh well.... tomorrow i will try to get to the gym. 

Ste my housemate, is in Liverpool for 3 days, to relax and rewind. So ill be home alone and i want to chill out myself. I have a lot of work to do tomorrow...need to do better at managing my time. Also self care needs to be done. 

xx

• Like 2

Hey all, 12.30pm - just sent a million emails out and checked in for my Venice flight. AND booked a taxi to meet me at the airport. STRESS. 

I feel very VERY anxious about everything. The LONG drive to Wales on Monday, the trip to Venice....aaagh i feel so sick. :(

Ste is away like i said, so i can enjoy some me time hahaha its pissing down with rain right now how boring. I need to pack some waterproofs for Wales i think :[ 

I need to wash up, put clothes washing on, work like mad, pick some books to take on my trip...

Think i need to take it easy today/this afternoon. Maybe i will have a bath tonight? And do some cooking? I have some lamb i want to try cooking. With roast potatoes and veggies mmmmmm

Got a meeting tomorrow at 2pm in town. Have a gig to go to but i think i will stay home instead, im kinda proud of myself for not drinking or staying out last night. I woke up feeling much better for it. Not being hungover...

i COULD go to the gym but im a big fat lazy idiot :( x

34 minutes ago, Salinger said:

i COULD go to the gym but im a big fat lazy idiot :( x

hey! sal is a very good friend of mine, maybe don't talk about her like that? ;) you've got a lot on your plate right now, as outlined in your post. It is okay to not go to the gym sometimes. You've been a few, you're cooking/plan to cook good food, you didn't drink or stay out, a little while ago you had just the one drink and stopped...you've made all sorts of progress and skipping the gym doesn't change that, nor correlate to "big fat lazy idiot" - it just correlates to "doesn't necessarily want to go to the gym right now" and that's fine every now and then.

i don't blame you at all for the pre-trip anxiety but i do hope you're able to have a good time mon amie! not at all to pressure you (so feel free to slap me with a Nope fish!) but would you consider doing a vlog of some of it? or taking some pictures along the way? Best wishes for your meeting and safe travels to you :D

• Like 1

I feel stress when making plans in trips to faraway places...

you're mind races and you think , what if something goes wrong?  what if something Happens?

breath, relax(as best as you can), and keep on setting things up.

if something happens, even half-way around the world; there's ways to be adapt.   the airlines, ofc, are the biggest culprit BUT they know they can screw things up.  if you ever have issues because of an airline delay, know that the airline itself will make it right.

you know I'm really jellin over lamb.  I don't think that meat is affordable here.

I've only had "lamb" once, and it was at a very expensive restaurant.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Miaulin said:

hey! sal is a very good friend of mine, maybe don't talk about her like that? ;) you've got a lot on your plate right now, as outlined in your post. It is okay to not go to the gym sometimes. You've been a few, you're cooking/plan to cook good food, you didn't drink or stay out, a little while ago you had just the one drink and stopped...you've made all sorts of progress and skipping the gym doesn't change that, nor correlate to "big fat lazy idiot" - it just correlates to "doesn't necessarily want to go to the gym right now" and that's fine every now and then.

i don't blame you at all for the pre-trip anxiety but i do hope you're able to have a good time mon amie! not at all to pressure you (so feel free to slap me with a Nope fish!) but would you consider doing a vlog of some of it? or taking some pictures along the way? Best wishes for your meeting and safe travels to you :D

Thanks Mia, that is very kind of you and you make total sense too. 

No pressure, i will be taking photos to share, and yes i will do a vlog, please remind me on Monday!!!! xx

8 minutes ago, TGP said:

I feel stress when making plans in trips to faraway places...

you're mind races and you think , what if something goes wrong?  what if something Happens?

breath, relax(as best as you can), and keep on setting things up.

if something happens, even half-way around the world; there's ways to be adapt.   the airlines, ofc, are the biggest culprit BUT they know they can screw things up.  if you ever have issues because of an airline delay, know that the airline itself will make it right.

You are right of course, i will adapt. I think im mainly more panicky because the owner of the air bnb has been in touch with directions etc and it sounds really tough to find (sat navs not finding correct place etc) eeeek. im nervous. Also its down little tiny roads and i am panicked about that too.....

xx

• Like 1

Hey all...been to get petrol, as not enough time before Monday to fill up the tank. first time driving in the rain....Im getting real scared about the long trip....! But also maybe a little excited? I think and hope. 

BAD NEWS GUYS - i got a fucking speeding ticket hahahahahahaha fuck sake. I was 6 mph over the limit. How embarassing and annoying. I have to fill out a form to say i was driving then they will send the fine :( crap. 

Serves me right. 

Its 3pm now and i feel a LITTLE bit sick, prob my anxiety. Maybe ill nap? Or have an early bath? Or listen to music and work? Or prep the meat and stuff for dinner? ok ok.....

This is my plan of action (if i write it down i feel better)

- 3.15pm --- Nap for 30 minutes

- 3.45pm --- Catch up with emails

- 4pm --- Get lamb out of fridge, marinate in fresh rosemary (from the garden!!) olive oil, salt and pepper

- 4.20pm --- Peel potatoes and par boil, peel carrots, cut up broccoli. 

- 4.45pm --- Put the hot water on to warm up

- 4.50pm --- Check emails, reply to any etc

- 5.30pm --- Run a nice hot bath, listen to music, relax

- 6pm --- Meditate 

- 6.15pm --- Put lamb in oven with potatoes (will take around an hour) 

- 7pm --- Put veggies on to cook

- 7.30pm --- EAT!! (dont forget the mint sauce) 

- 8pm --- Light the fire if as cold as it is now!!

- 8.10pm --- Meditate again if anxious (guided meditation) 

- 8.30pm --- Pick three books to take to Wales

- 8.45pm --- Make a check list of things to pack for Wales

- 9pm --- Find HDMI cables for tomorrows meeting

- 9.15pm --- Read a little, make sure books are the ones i want to take! (i always change my mind!!)

- 10pm --- Bowl of grapes if peckish (they are almost out of date and need eating)

- 10.15pm --- Write down a gratitude list, share here if possible

- 11pm - Chill out, go to bed if tired...

xx

• Sad 1

oh yuck

what an awful day to get it, too!  6 mph, hmm

can I say It? Pr!ck.  sorry, but that just seems SO anal to me.  its definitely too close to be handing tickets.

myself, I'm not a big believer in the purpose of speeding tickets

I get that the idea is keep people safe;  BUT it seems to me, just so artificial to say at say 50mph you are safe and at 51mph you are NOT.

I think police should in many instances have to proof that your car is a genuine hazard to those around you.

for example;  weaving in the lane, making other cars have to do unsafe things to stop collisions. etc

anyways; rant over.

:( 

I'm sad that this will cost you money.  life is hard enough.

yes, do try to be very careful when you drive.  but know that a Whopping 6mph fine is pretty friggin' natty/prickish/anal (adjective of your choice). IMHO.

if you dare, say a little tiny curse that if he gets something a little wrong he will lose $100-200, for no genuine reason.

what goes around, comes around.

• Like 2

I agree with you @TGP there seems to be much worse things to 'get' people over. But hey ho, i need to not speed. Thanks for having my back <3 xx

• Like 1

Hello all. Bloody hell i feel so ill right now. Anxiety is on another level. 

Last night was nice though, i got pretty much everything done...and managed to relax. I binge watched Killing Eve :o wowo wowowowowoowowow i loved it. 

Slept well. 

Then my friend popped round to pick up some hdmi cables and to test out the cctv stuff for Venice. 

Now im listening to music. Let me do a shuffle....

Neutral Milk Hotel - Oh Comely

Babyshambles - Fuck Forever

The Beatles - Golden Slumbers

The Fall - Totally Wired

Ill watch the football now, and at 3pm Everton are on. :) we will prob lose hahah. Also need to wash up and hoover and put clothes on to wash. (i could do that tomorrow actually) hmmmm. Need to get ready for Wales, i feel SICK about it. I might not go.....

Just drew a card for Ste, he is a little down lately, and so i bought him the new resident evil game for the PS4. and i wrote a note in the card, just saying im here for him and thanks for being a great friend. I hope it makes him smile. He will be back tonight, so will give it to him later. 

xx

• Sad 3

Hihi~

I get stressed before trips too.  Even the WOW THIS IS AN AMAZING ADVENTURE ones, the ones I'm excited about riiiight up until I have to leave, then I want to stress puke in my carryon and just cancel the whole thing.

You will be just fine and have an amazing time. <3  Once you get out the door and on your way the nerves will just FRICK OFF and away you go!!~ <3

• Like 1