• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Salinger

Salinger's twenty first challenge!

Hooray! Glad you made it home safe. :D 

I think sometimes i dont DO or TRY to do my best, but i want to try harder

While part of me wants to quote Yoda, I get what you're saying haha. Keep trying though! You're doing great. <3

4 hours ago, NicTheRugger said:

Hooray! Glad you made it home safe. :D 

While part of me wants to quote Yoda, I get what you're saying haha. Keep trying though! You're doing great. <3

Thanks Nic!! <3 xx

• Like 1

Hey all. *yawn* im so tired. The drive was fine, it was raining like mad but all was ok.... the sun came out for the last hour so thats good! haha Its kinda scary to drive so fast in the rain though....especially with spray from other cars :o i did well though. 

Its now 9pm. I ate  bloody pizza which i massively regret. TOMORROW IT BEGINS. i need to do better ffs. Its like i have all these great intentions, eat well, exercise and stuff, but then i do things bad for me on auto mode. I dont even stop to think about my choices :(

Awful. 

Tomorrow i will start with better food, healthy eating, i will go to the gym...im going to look online at training plans and work something out for myself. i want to be crazy like that advert, i want to have crazy dreams and i want to achieve them. I dont want to be this fat ugly excuse, wishing away my life and full of regret. 

But instead of losing weight, i want to think of it as doing these things to be healthy. Exercising so i can play football again (properly) play tennis with my housemate, run away from zombies, touch my toes, climb mountains....

I just need to do this now. x

• Like 2

I think this will be my plan for the first month ....

GYM PLAN

10 minutes warm up on bike

20 minutes on treadmill (jog / walk intervals) 

3 sets of 10 - goblet squats

3 sets of 10 - Lat pull down

3 sets of 10 - shoulder press

10 minute cool down on bike

Im unsure whether this is ENOUGH or HARD enough, i will try tmoro and see how i feel and adjust if i need to....x

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Salinger said:

run away from zombies,

Physical therapist pointed out that I only need to be able to outrun the slow  people......

1 hour ago, Salinger said:

Im unsure whether this is ENOUGH or HARD enough, i will try tmoro and see how i feel and adjust if i need to....x

Try it out.  If you are tired, and maybe mildly sore, you’re good.  Going balls to the wall and injuring yourself is a good way to stall progress.  So take it a day at a time and see.

• Like 2

I've just caught up the last few pages.

You've been doing some really excellent Rangering.  Keep up the great work!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, TGP said:

truth be told I'm pretty jealous.  what a traveler you're turning out to be!

Thanks TGP! Yes i should be grateful for the opportunities!! x

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Rinna said:

Try it out.  If you are tired, and maybe mildly sore, you’re good.  Going balls to the wall and injuring yourself is a good way to stall progress.  So take it a day at a time and see.

Good plan thanks Rinna!!! xx

8 hours ago, Cheetah said:

I've just caught up the last few pages.

You've been doing some really excellent Rangering.  Keep up the great work!

Yay good to see you Cheetah! And thanks, that makes me feel so good to know you think im Rangering!! :) xx

Hey all...

Its 11.30am. Im sooooo tired!! Exhausted actually, and ive got DOMS in my legs from the hike. in my thighs. 

Anyway, im drinking tea and thinking of all the stuff i have to do :o its making me more tired haha. Need to get to work....how do people get stuff done? When exhausted? Its so hard isnt it!!

I have a list of thing to do today...

- Order new meds

- Email galleries regarding exhibition

- Test out camcorder

- Reply to emails

- Sort out website

- Go to the gym

- Make a food list

- Go to the shops for anything i need

- Make a healthy dinner/eat well generally throughout day

- Self care (bath, meditation, make bed)

- Watch Everton tonight on TV

Thats what i need to get done today *yawn* haaaa

x

• Like 1

That looks like a great workout! Very easily customized, so you can add or reduce weight as needed. Are you going to use an app to help you with your intervals on the treadmill? 

And that's quite the list! I feel tired just looking at that ;) Good luck with everything today. You've got this!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NicTheRugger said:

That looks like a great workout! Very easily customized, so you can add or reduce weight as needed. Are you going to use an app to help you with your intervals on the treadmill? 

And that's quite the list! I feel tired just looking at that ;) Good luck with everything today. You've got this!

Hey Nic, at the moment, with the intervals, im just jogging till i cant (which is pathetically, 1/2 mins at a time) then walk till i catch breath, then jog etc. Once i get fitter, ill start to time things properly. 

Ive got a lot done on the list!! Todays going well!

- Order new meds

- Test out camcorder

- Reply to emails

- Sort out website

- Go to the gym

- Make a food list

Meds were fast tracked thankfully! And so i was able to pick them up right away! Sent a million emails out, tested out the camcorder and everything works :) ready for Venice. 

Made a food list, went to the shops, loads of good healthy, wholesome foods bought. Packed my car up then drove on to the gym. 

Did that workout. Wow. It was tough. As i say over and over, im very unfit and this killed me haha (in a good way!) My legs were burning. Now they are aching a little - especially when i go upstairs. Arms aching too. I sweated so much, but sitting on the side catching my breath felt brilliant. Need to remember this feeling. 

Its all about making this a habit, its easy to get there and back now i have the car. So no excuses really! 

I need to make it a normal part of my life....!

Having some issues with my website :( trying to connect some nameservers but i dont own the account domain ugh. annoying. So need to sort that out. 

Will be having chicken salad for dinner later on, and will be watching Everton at 8pm, then bed! xx

yeah, Liz

don't feel bad about the intervals.  in fact, walk/run interval are Very healthy!  

its important to realize that from a health point of view; Runs AREN'T healthier and better than walks.

then again walking ISN'T a better or healthier  than running either.

both are... alternate ways to workout and get in shape.

they stress different muscles and have different advantages.  for example; I find if I can hold a run- I almost Always get a runner's High.  OTOH, I enjoy my hikes!  I find it easier to enjoy the things around me better with a walk.

I think running AND walking takes the best of both worlds and allows great flexibility when dealing with the way you feel.  

I'm already thinking of the NEXT big thing and run/walking will be a HUGE part of my workout routine! (along with my favorite challenge- hills)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TGP said:

don't feel bad about the intervals.  in fact, walk/run interval are Very healthy!  

Agreed! Interval training was actually a huge part of my run training when I was working on improving my speed and overall fitness. The reason I asked was because I actually have an app ("Start Running") where your workouts are just that! You start with a 1:1 jog:walk interval ratio, with a 5 minute walk for warm up and for cool-down, and as you get more used to running, your interval periods between jog:walk get bigger, so you do 5:1 or even 10:1 as you get more experienced!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TGP said:

they stress different muscles and have different advantages. 

YES!!! I do interval training in a class format on a treadmill. As your fitness improves, you'll find it's still beneficial to keep the intervals even if you CAN run for longer distances. Conditioning is improved greatly by the ups and downs of the heart rate. Best of both worlds, really. =) Keep it up!

• Like 1

Thank you guys, made me feel better about the interval training!!!

Was too tired to post last night, but i got most things done!

- Order new meds

- Test out camcorder

- Reply to emails

- Sort out website

- Go to the gym

- Make a food list

I had a lovely chicken salad for dinner with cous cous, i had a nice hot bath, and Everton won 2-0 :) allllllll good. 

Today is Saturday obviously, and i plan on doing work...its 7am and i am about to make a cup of tea and watch the Simpsons. Then ill start on some work. Also the football is on so ill prob watch that. Later on (5 or 6pm) my friend is supposed to be coming round to mine, he is bringing his guitar and we are going to make some experimental sound art. So that should be fun!! Probably have a couple of beers  as well. 

Website is still down. Just waiting on this guy to get back to me. Annoying...

xx

• Like 3

Hey everyone, Well i certainly had a strange weekend haha. Saturday was good mostly, i watched the footy then my friend came over and we played around with some experimental sound art stuff. 

Then we went into town, i spent too much money and stayed up till 8am. I did feel bad about that but im trying hard not to...yesterday i slept, watched football, ate pizza. 

To be honest, i need to really adjust things ... if only to not eat crap the day after a night out. Ugh. Anyway its done now. 

Hoping to wake up a bit (only got up at 10am) and go to the gym later. And i have lots of work to do....but i am taking it easy today also, its a Bank Holiday again so things are closed and people are off work. 

Need to clean the kitchen, sort out my fridge a bit and make healthy food, drink enough water and practice self care. 

x

• Like 1

sounds like a good day, Liz

I myself hate when I start the day very sleepy!  ugh!

makes everything a tiny bit harder.

but maybe that feeling has passed?  

Welcome to a new week!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TGP said:

sounds like a good day, Liz

I myself hate when I start the day very sleepy!  ugh!

makes everything a tiny bit harder.

but maybe that feeling has passed?  

Welcome to a new week!

Still very sleepy haha i need to wake up. Got another cup of tea, and doing work. Lots of emails to send and also research to do ... I also spent £60 on a couple of new pieces of clothes. Hope they bloody fit....

Thanks ! New week, i like you saying that! Makes me a bit more motivated. 

I go to Venice on Thursday, terrified. I feel so ungrateful about this opportunity i have. But im scared of the flight, scared of finding the apartment, scared of hanging out with people i dont know very well, scared of people hating my work, and scared of everything else haha

Trying to think rationally about it though. Also worrying about having 5 days without being able to go to the gym (even though i go longer than that most weeks!!) just another panic. Ugh. 

I need to sort through my clothes tomorrow, see what to pack and stuff. 

x

is Thursday your traveling day?  and maybe on an international flight like that- it might take all of a day to get there. idk.

I'm more familiar with getting across the USA (which I do just about every year for work).

anyways.   you'll be ok.  keep close to your tea- breath- Relax.

its very understandable to have those fears but they are all a little off.  (again Very understandable to feel them)

flying is tedious, time consuming and mostly doing what the signs say.

in the internet age, finding an address has become Really easy.  I'm sure you're even better at it than me.  (i'm Old and I hate cellphones)

how could anyone NOT like you?  you are VERY likeable

if they didn't like your work you wouldn't be there. they can see what kind of art you do; online...

and its ok.

ANXIETY!

ah. ANXIETY

I hates it. it happens to me too.  

7 minutes ago, TGP said:

is Thursday your traveling day?  and maybe on an international flight like that- it might take all of a day to get there. idk.

I'm more familiar with getting across the USA (which I do just about every year for work).

anyways.   you'll be ok.  keep close to your tea- breath- Relax.

its very understandable to have those fears but they are all a little off.  (again Very understandable to feel them)

flying is tedious, time consuming and mostly doing what the signs say.

in the internet age, finding an address has become Really easy.  I'm sure you're even better at it than me.  (i'm Old and I hate cellphones)

how could anyone NOT like you?  you are VERY likeable

if they didn't like your work you wouldn't be there. they can see what kind of art you do; online...

and its ok.

ANXIETY!

ah. ANXIETY

I hates it. it happens to me too.  

Only takes 2 hours 30 mins to get to Venice from Manchester - I leave around 6pm i THINK, so, with the time difference i will arrive around 10pm - just found out there will be a taxi waiting for me at the airport. So thats one less thing to be massively anxious about, as ill be taken to the address and wont have to find my own way!

Thanks, this all helps a lot!!

Anxiety is the worst, i hate it. 

Now im trying to build up the energy and motivation to go to the gym....!!!!! Maybe i should listen to that Nike advert haha x

Wow

that seems like FAST flying.  I can barely get to to the Midwest in 2 hours.  or perhaps Pennsylvania to Atlanta.

those are little plane rides, indeed.

anyways I do hope you get to the gym.  if I can offer some advice- be flexible when you get there and maybe that well help!?

sometimes I pych myself out with a big program.  but just getting to the gym and doing ANYTHING is a clear victory.

and in all the important ways; a little gym does almost as much as a lot.

----

'sides

there this mental game I always play with myself.  I tell myself that this walk (workout) can be little/small,etc and it NEVER is.  by the time I'm on route... I'm overcome my mental inertia- I often want to do the bigger workout.

but. I still think and say that you've got to give yourself the chance for just a little workout.

sometimes it really helps.

at the very least; things become habit and get easier and easier to do.

and THATs when the pounds melt and you gain vast amounts of new strength.

• Like 2

Safe travels! I hope your flight is quick and painless. I second TGP about that being a quick flight. I just booked a trip to Europe for August and I will by flying all day. I envy you living in the UK!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NicTheRugger said:

Safe travels! I hope your flight is quick and painless. I second TGP about that being a quick flight. I just booked a trip to Europe for August and I will by flying all day. I envy you living in the UK!

Are you in America? 

Thanks Nic, well i still have a couple of days till i go, but yes hope it goes alright aaghhhhhhhh  

HAHA xx

Hey guys! It is 4:20pm. Sat with a banana and a glass of water. 

Ive been to the gym!! I did 30 mins of cardio (10 on the bike and 20 on the treadmill) 

then squats (just 3 sets as my lower back was hurting) 

didnt want to go at all but before I could talk myself out of it, I got in my lovely car and went. 

On the way home I sang along to the radio and felt blood GOOD!! 

Now home and about to have a bath i think. A nice soak and wash my hair. 

Then think about dinner... I have lots of healthy stuff in so I’ll make something nice :) 

• Like 3