• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Salinger

Salinger's twenty first challenge!

hey Sal, hows it going?

Venice in all.  very curious.

but perhaps, you're pretty busy.  I understand.  but DO let us know when you can....

• Like 1

Hey all! Just not had time to update. Still in Venice but my flight is at 8:30pm tonight. I’m drinking orange juice and reading my book right now. My eyes are dropping though, I’m exhausted. 

So much walking around here, so much work. 

The exhibition opening went amazing, the place was packed :D 

my work looked good too. 

Yesterday i had to do like a group panel chat ugh was so scared but it’s done now !! 

Im terrified of the flight back but hopefully it goes quick and I’ll be home before I know it. Can’t wait for bed haha 

New challenge soon isn’t it? I’m glad! Need to reassess things :) 

thanks for checking up on me!! 

xx

• Like 4

MORNING! Its 8.15am in MANCHESTER, UK!! 

Its already pretty hot and will be 22 degrees later, WOW. Hotter than Venice....

Nice cup of tea and catching up with emails. Planning the week, etc. 

The flight was fine, take off horrible, landing even worse, some stupid woman even bloody screamed as we hit the ground. Which made me almost throw up HAHAHA

Then i got a taxi home, and was in bed by midnight. Phew. 

The cats are both happy to see me <3 ive had some love from them. Not seen my housemate yet, he was in bed last night, and is in bed now. 

Today, i need to post a submission off, so need to nip to the post office, return a shirt that doesnt fit, make a food list and if i need to get stuff, go and get stuff...general stuff like that. 

Im going to chill out today though, i deserve that!!!!! 

The exhibition opening was a huge success, it was packed out, spoke to loads of people about the work. Now i go back on 31st May for a 10 day residency!! xx

• Like 5

wow

your going to be a venician!? (well for 10days)

so..... AWESOME!

and anyways I'm very, very proud of you.  this seems like really Good news for your career.

its really pretty flippin awesome that one can live the life that you do!!  no boss.  no tedious, stupid, *!$%* and mindless *$#@.  lots of travel and flexibility.

actually, I have a pretty bad work morale.  but its a very, VERY safe job -relatively high playing -and I expect to have the rest of my life.  :(

anyways, I think they use to call that kind of job "bohemian".  the kind of job that creates a small yet liveable wage (if you keep your expenses down); and is full of creativity and initiative!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, TGP said:

wow

your going to be a venician!? (well for 10days)

so..... AWESOME!

and anyways I'm very, very proud of you.  this seems like really Good news for your career.

its really pretty flippin awesome that one can live the life that you do!!  no boss.  no tedious, stupid, *!$%* and mindless *$#@.  lots of travel and flexibility.

actually, I have a pretty bad work morale.  but its a very, VERY safe job -relatively high playing -and I expect to have the rest of my life.  :(

anyways, I think they use to call that kind of job "bohemian".  the kind of job that creates a small yet liveable wage (if you keep your expenses down); and is full of creativity and initiative!

THANK YOU :)

Yes, i often think, hmmmm do i want more money, more job security, more LIFE security....or be poor, mingle with artists and musicians, travel, make art. I dont think i would survive in the rat race, so to speak!!!

Im lucky...! But its hard fucking work haha

Anyway, thank you so much :D

Here are a few photos of the lakes and a group snap.... 

60100160_10156865360256201_557268914279546880_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr3-1.xx&oh=5be1c96522055326fb354bb400f7ad29&oe=5D7545A6

60359018_10156865360156201_3793212066676867072_o.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr3-1.xx&oh=f5ee15e1c68946588e1a5e29c05ba3d1&oe=5D610EF2

60198377_10156865360351201_8194364891402862592_o.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr3-1.xx&oh=261f9b94a7a9763e9d85dd00cd151fc5&oe=5D696BCC

60460502_389614465219301_6935389254004506624_n.png?_nc_cat=101&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr3-1.xx&oh=4f441515a2687c3f373a400539f910b0&oe=5D700829

60142337_10156865582691201_1618846072342315008_o.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr3-1.xx&oh=447d36552f75c992d053ce104560afd9&oe=5D5ED871

xx

• Like 2

wow looks so fun!

hows your italian?  .... (and if you don't speak it.  they I don't want to presume anything)

was it tricky to do thing in venice knowing just english?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, TGP said:

wow looks so fun!

hows your italian?  .... (and if you don't speak it.  they I don't want to presume anything)

was it tricky to do thing in venice knowing just english?

I dont speak a word of Italian, (except the obvious stuff) my friend speaks a little bit, and it was totally fine knowing just English. I only need to know Birra anyway  :P 

• Like 1

Would you LOOK at you, Sal!!! It was just a short time ago that you weren't sure if you would ever sell or show your art again - and now look at you, traveling to Venice, exhibiting in international shows, getting invited back for more??

source.gif

But you know what's even MORE awesome? You're continuing to do this despite still having lots of anxiety and worry before each thing - you breathe deep, you take care of yourself, and you push through and Do The Thing. You are so strong and I'm so frigging proud of you!!!

• Like 4

I Agree With Sky(tm) , you're doing some great things Salinger, brave and bold despite all odds. It's so amazing how far you've come, from starting your shop, to getting a car, to all your travels and the work you've poured into your art and endeavors. Sending hugs and many congratulations to you!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Cheetah said:

Welcome back!  Glad to hear the exhibition went well.  Keep up the great work!

Thank you Cheetah, how lovely xx

14 hours ago, SkyGirl said:

Would you LOOK at you, Sal!!! It was just a short time ago that you weren't sure if you would ever sell or show your art again - and now look at you, traveling to Venice, exhibiting in international shows, getting invited back for more??

But you know what's even MORE awesome? You're continuing to do this despite still having lots of anxiety and worry before each thing - you breathe deep, you take care of yourself, and you push through and Do The Thing. You are so strong and I'm so frigging proud of you!!!

:D thanks Sky! Great to see you! so happy you are proud of me and i need to take in these words and allow myself to be proud too x

1 hour ago, Miaulin said:

I Agree With Sky(tm) , you're doing some great things Salinger, brave and bold despite all odds. It's so amazing how far you've come, from starting your shop, to getting a car, to all your travels and the work you've poured into your art and endeavors. Sending hugs and many congratulations to you!

Thank you Mia <3 really appreciate all your support x

39 minutes ago, TGP said:

yep!

simply awesome

and... by the way.  how is today?

:)

Today is ok, was out last night, too late really. Blah blah. Doing work stuff today and also trying to relax. Not get wound up or self hate talk. Its only 3pm but i may have a bath soon... a nice soak and get all clean and chilled out. 

Need to do a week list, so much to do aaagh feeling anxious. xx

• Like 1

Hello morning all. Its 11am here, i have just had PB on toast yum and a cup of tea. I woke late (10am) after going to bed at 10pm...so 12 hours kip!! :o i needed it obviously hahah

Today i have a lot to do and im going to write a @shaar list to help me get by...

• Finish designing my friends album cover.
  • Put washing on. 
  • Clean kitchen.
  • Take medication. 
  • Post office to return a shirt, and to send gallery submission.
  • Book flights back to Venice.
  • Write up a food list and go to the shops to pick up supplies. 
  • Drink 2ltr of water throughout the day. 
  • Write and send residency submission (Barcelona) 
  • Reply to emails that come in. 
  • Self care (read a little, meditate, quick nap, drink tea) 
  • Go to the gym.*

* If i find some time i will also go to the gym, i know i should prioritise exercise so perhaps i should add to my list? I feel a little bit overwhelmed with everything i need to do...maybe the gym later on will be good? Ok will add to list. haha

SO TIRED. Venice is catching up on me i think! Will wake up a bit then begin, im just working on the album cover now so i will get that finished asap. 

Also need to plan the week properly...anyway. Thats ok, its set out for me now! Lets get to it...!! x

• Like 1

Liz, you ought to get a schedule together about when to go to the gym

why?

*one, it becomes a habit and not something you need to decide each time

*two,  you don't want to go the gym TOO much.  seriously.  much of the magic of exercise is done afterward the exercise is over where they body repairs damage, and strengthens muscles

*third,  you can build a program.  a set of exercises that lead to greater strength.  for example; you can do run/walks where you increase the amount of running week by week.  

IMHO

if you look at all the cool guys here at NF nearly all of them have a schedule for going to the gym.

I'm also, speaking up, cause I'm guilty of NOT have a schedule of going to the gym.  Hiking was my big exercise but now I got to give it a rest before my big hiking challenge (taper)- and :( I got nothing.

its def a problem for me.   I'm totally needing to do it!

anyways.  Busy day

yeah, me too!  just don't forget selfcare. 

• Like 2

On 5/15/2019 at 3:20 AM, Salinger said:

Now i go back on 31st May for a 10 day residency!! xx

That's so exciting!! 

I agree with TGP, I think having a schedule would be really helpful. That way you know when to go and not worry about over-exerting yourself. 

Heyyyy its 2 pm... i have done these so far. I also ate a burger from Mcdonalds.... i was CRAVING one. now i feel awful. Oh well. 

Been to the food shops, got lots of fresh food, salad, veg, fruit, milk, lasagne, potatoes, rice, salmon....i need to do fucking better. Why cant i think things through before doing it? (like going to get a burger) i just do it without thinking how crap it will make me feel after.

On the way back it was mega busy, and two lanes were merging in to one...i didnt let a lorry in (if i had braked then the cars behind me would have been stuck in a no park zone) anyway the lorry driver beeped at me...then a little up the road as i was turning off, he leant out his window and shouted some abuse at me. What a fucking idiot. Ugh. Knocks my confidence a bit stuff like that...

Anyway - fuck it. 

I forgot to take the shirt with me to the post office, so ill go in the morning, but i did send the gallery submission PLEASE SAY YES!!!!!

My friends album cover design is pretty much done. They like it :)

I am having a break, a cup of tea and write a proposal. Ill put some washing on soon so i can put it out to dry. 

Flights to Venice are booked. :) 31st May to 11th June. 

• Put washing on. 
  • Clean kitchen.
  • Take medication. 
  • Post office to return a shirt, and to send gallery submission.
  • Go to the gym.*

Yes @TGP you are totally right, i need to schedule properly. I think i stress out because my life is so varied, i dont have normal working hours and stuff. So some days i CANT make it and sometimes that falls on a 'gym day' (mon/weds/fri are best i think) but i will start scheduling it in properly yes. Thanks!

8 minutes ago, NicTheRugger said:

That's so exciting!! 

Thanks Nic! Yes i need to start researching and doing some work for the residency. 

• Test out equipment (video stuff/camcorder)
  • Make sure i have all the wires!
  • Write up research notes/things to discuss with people in the gallery.
  • Create sound art to be on in the space whilst working. 
  • Make a list of things to take (speakers important) 

Makes me nervous thinking about it but also kinda excited too :)

xx

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Salinger said:

lorry driver beeped at me

Lorry drivers are @$$holes.  It's on the job application.  "Can you be a cockwomble and verbally abuse total strangers for no reason?"  You have to check "yes" to get the job.

• Haha 1

Hey Liz

I'm pretty busy right now.

BUT.  be nice to yourself about the burger, ok?

most people give themselves a little amnesty to curb into the occasional craving.

and if you Don't-  you're going to have setbacks.

its OK it really is

ok.  <3

I gotta get a new drivers license so I can go to OK in a few weeks.

talk to you after that.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Cheetah said:

Lorry drivers are @$$holes.  It's on the job application.  "Can you be a cockwomble and verbally abuse total strangers for no reason?"  You have to check "yes" to get the job.

thanks! Made me laugh :D xx

1 hour ago, TGP said:

BUT.  be nice to yourself about the burger, ok?

Yes, im over it now, wont self hate over it, thanks for the reminder <3 

x

Yo, 6.30pm. Today seems to have gone so fast....busy all day really. 

• Put washing on. 
  • Clean kitchen.
  • Take medication. 
  • Post office to return a shirt, and to send gallery submission.
  • Go to the gym.*

Also watered the plants and had steak, potatoes and tomatoes for dinner. Yum. 

Ive listened to music all day, like usual. Ive been LOVING it ... seriously how can people NOT like music? Playlist shuffle??

Chupa Cabra - King Leech

D12 - American Psycho

Sia - Thunderclouds

Ho99o9 - Fight Fire

Nine Inch Nails - March of the Pigs

So so so good. 

Im writing this residency submission, then i think ill watch the golf, read a bit, and get an early night. Meaning, no gym. Ive looked at my diary and planned Mon/Tues/Thursday as my gym days. On Friday i have a meeting at midday, then an all day festival in Manchester so wont be able to go that day. 

I might nip there tomorrow before the footy anyway as well. Could do with it. 

Better get back writing!!

Ciao.  x