• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

ElizeElvinFoxRyder

elizevdmerwe - It's about nr.23 & Countdown...8

Yip, no idea for a theme again, so I'm going with our next anniversary number: 23years on April 27, which falls within this challenge.

troufoto.thumb.jpg.c1f0d6309fcfef66b4a1277e4b1f7197.jpg

Me sitting on Brandt's knee, in his mom's garden.

Lot's of memories made. Lots of bags of salt 'eaten' together.

Two beautiful boys, a couple of moves and lots of life changes later.

And we're still learning and growing every single day.

Man, I love this guy!

:love_heart:

And the Countdown...8? Well that is hopefully how many months we have left before immigrating to New Zealand. A lot of stuff will have to be done before that can happen, and there is a small chance that it won't happen, but I'm positive, and we're planning around things working out.

I'm going to stay with the set up from last challenge. I'm going to take it easy and just get around to doing what I get around to doing.

HEALTH

I need to stay healthy to manage the stress.

• BIBLE STUDY - sometimes bible study, sometimes a video on YouTube, sometimes just quiet time with Father. Usually in the mornings, but quiet time at night is the greatest (is a habit).
  • WATER - water or rooibos during the day aiming for 2 bottles (+-2Lt)/day.
  • SLEEP - go to bed by 21h30 (almost a habit - just weekends).
  • FOOD WILLPOWER - watch what I'm eating: no stress/emotional eating especially chocolate, starches and coffee. Ask questions like: "Do I really want that?"

STAYING ACTIVE

Last challenge, I totally put too much stress on myself to do too much during the week and didn't even get to half of it. This challenge I'm going for strength on Mondays and Fridays, and try to walk at least once a week. Not aiming/training for anything, just staying active and healthy, keep the stress down, and just try and enjoy it. I'm struggling to get up with autumn setting in, sun coming up later, and I just don't wanna's. So I need something short and simple to maybe do between morning chores and starting schoolwork with the boys, or quickly in the afternoon.

• Joint Circles (warm up)
  • Goblet Squats 1x10 @ 10kg
  • Rev. Pullups 1x10 (grab bar, jump, hold for as long as possible, slowly let down. repeat)
  • Lunges 1x10 @ 10kg (2x 5kg)
  • Pushups 1x10
  • Russian Twists 1x10 @ 10kg
  • Bridge 2x10sec
  • Stretches

THE PLAN...COUNTDOWN - 8months to go -

The Emigrating Timeline Plan. What needs to be done during this challenge. Not much actually.

• Finances: Weekly and monthly (always).
  • CV & cover letter: Finish Brandt's CV update, send in to be put in NZ format. Check progress.
  • House plans updated: New month, have house plans drawn up with changes we've made to the property since we bought it.
  • Fire arms licenses: how does it work in NZ? Research.
  • Slowly start clearing things out in kitchen.
  • Check on passports and birth certificates progress.

Is this a bit more sensible than last time?

-----------------------------00-----------------------------

This song hit me the other day. I think when you are married for a long time, you can fall into habits where you don't talk or show your affections as much as you used to.

• Like 6

wow totally missed the news on your big move! How exciting!!! What a beautiful country you are going to!

Good luck and happy early anniversary :) xx

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Salinger said:

wow totally missed the news on your big move! How exciting!!! What a beautiful country you are going to!

Good luck and happy early anniversary :) xx

Thank you. Yes, NZ is stunning! A part of me is very excited, especially for the parks and lots, and lots of (safe) hiking paths. People on the emigrating Fb page frequently add photos from their respective areas, and it leaves you in awe.

Two weeks till anniversary :D but thank you for the wishes.

1 hour ago, annyshay said:

Looks great, Elize!

Thank you. We'll work on our respective moves together, although you are up much sooner than we are, so you have all my support!

1 hour ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

That's an incredible picture!

Thanks! The album was in the cupboard in the backroom that I'd cleaned out last challenge. Think I'll page through it a bit.

-----------------------------------

A bit of news from town: apparently Pietermaritzburg is safer than we think (an actual news report heading), because some of the police (depending on what union they belong to) can actually go on strikes (no work), without worrying that criminals will use this week to "get some jobs done". This might be nation-wide, I'm not sure.

Things are gearing up for the elections. Protests in that regard has calmed down. And we even have electricity! :D Amazing how things always work around election time, isn't it!?

Edited by elizevdmerwe
  • Like 3

You guys were so cute. I look back at my wedding pic's and we were so young! I love that  song. It came out one year when Mr.Incredible and I were away for a weekend anniversary trip, and was a perfect romantic anniversary song. 

I like the way you simplified your exercise plan.With all that is on your plate, simple is better.

• Like 2

Oh dear I love that wedding photo! eeek! So lovely!

I came across this incredible photo last year, and someday I'll see it. It's called the Road to Paradise, with Paradise being the town nearby.

roadtoparadisenewzeland.thumb.jpg.6ce651fca194c41eaf4185339850a2a0.jpg

You're going to do great this challenge, I know it.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, elizevdmerwe said:

A bit of news from town: apparently Pietermaritzburg is safer than we think (an actual news report heading), because some of the police (depending on what union they belong to) can actually go on strikes (no work), without worrying that criminals will use this week to "get some jobs done". This might be nation-wide, I'm not sure.

Things are gearing up for the elections. Protests in that regard has calmed down. And we even have electricity! :D Amazing how things always work around election time, isn't it!?

We have city elections coming up here. There is an ad campaign talking about how the city is trying to fill every pothole it can as quickly as possible.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Week 0 - Monday and Tuesday

HEALTH

• BIBLE STUDY - Quiet time and bible study video.
  • WATER - Has been a bit lacking, but I'm trying. Also having rooibos, which is suddenly not strong enough as I'd bought a different brand. Blegh...
  • SLEEP - Monday night was late... late... Tuesday was around 21h00.
  • FOOD WILLPOWER - Struggling a bit with chocolate cravings, but that time again, so it seems 'normal'.

STAYING ACTIVE

Did just the basics on Monday morning, and have some protesting muscles here and there. Not bad, but they are letting me know they are there.

• Joint Circles (warm up - done)
  • Goblet Squats 1x10 @ 10kg (done, no problems)
  • Rev. Pullups 1x10 (about 4, couldn't hold any more)
  • Lunges 1x10 @ 10kg (first 5 were with 1x10kg weight. Next 5 with no weights)
  • Pushups 1x10 (knees - full down)
  • Russian Twists 1x10 @ 10kg XXX didn't do
  • Bridge 2x10sec (done, no problems)
  • Stretches (done)

• Finances: Weekly and monthly: up to date.
  • CV & cover letter: Finish Brandt's CV update, send in to be put in NZ format. Check progress. Did this. They replied this morning that they've received everything and his CV is now in the queue to be done.
  • House plans updated: Waiting for new month (money).
  • Fire arms licenses: to be done.
  • Driver's licenses: to be researched as well.
  • Kitchen cleanup: I'm looking at everything and thinking about it :D
  • Home Affairs: no notifications as yet.

DEAR DIARY: Afterthoughts/Explanations

Things are ticking over. Autumn is coming in full swing. Trees are turning all shades of red and orange all around.

CV thoughts: Brandt agreed on three names for references, but he is very hesitant to ask them to be references for him at the moment. He thinks there is a chance that they will immediately start trying to look for a replacement for him (as they are either a client or boss - as well as a friend). The only person as reference he is sure about, is a colleague who now lives in NZ. I mentioned this obliquely to the CV place, and they assured me that they don't add references to CVs, only a comment "References available upon request." He visibly relaxed when I told him this morning.

Dropped the toys off at church yesterday. They'll donate some to the children's home, some to a creché they support, and sell some for extra church funds at a white elephant table at the church faté soon to be held.

EDIT: Our municipality law states that if you put anything with a concrete floor up, and it is higher than 1m, it must be shown on the house plans filed with them. Through the years we've changed the water pipes coming on to the property (due to old pipes bursting), and of course we've put up those water tanks standing on concrete bases, but the storage room at the back, and the car port in front don't have a concrete base. They are solid structures, but can be dismantled and removed, which was Brandt's idea from the start. So legally those two don't really have to be on the plans, but... But, with us now having the notion to immigrate to NZ, we'll have to sell the house at some point before going. Unfortunately our municipality is again being audited because it is bankrupt... again. Which means no matter how much you want to do things lawfully (like hand in updated house plans), it just won't get done on their side. So we've been advised to have the plans drawn up anyway, and then when we get to selling, hand them over to the new owner with the job to update the municipality ledgers. At least the new owners will have plans showing gas water heaters, instead of a water cylinder in the roof area. Where the pipes are now in the lawn (don't want to accidentally dig them up, do we?), and those little things that can make taking care of a property interesting if you have to find out about them the hard way... So that is why we are having that done.

Otherwise really not much else.

Edited by elizevdmerwe
  • Like 5

On 4/15/2019 at 5:55 PM, Elastigirl said:

You guys were so cute. I look back at my wedding pic's and we were so young! I love that  song. It came out one year when Mr.Incredible and I were away for a weekend anniversary trip, and was a perfect romantic anniversary song. 

I like the way you simplified your exercise plan.With all that is on your plate, simple is better.

Thanks! Our anniversary falls on the same day as one of the boys' friend's birthday, so we haven't really had an anniversary thing just for us. And of course we haven't mentioned it at the boy's birthday, we just enjoy the cake even more. But it seems this year Brandt wants cake for our anniversary, as he actually mentioned it a couple times now. He even asked whether it was our 25th, to which I replied after counting, nope, only 23rd. So I guess I'll have to bake next week. It used to be a big thing for me, but nowadays not so much. As long as we spend the day together, and it is a public holiday, so that happens too! :D

On 4/15/2019 at 6:32 PM, Tova the Vibrant said:

Oh dear I love that wedding photo! eeek! So lovely!

Thank you :D Oh, to be young and in love!

On 4/15/2019 at 6:32 PM, Tova the Vibrant said:

I came across this incredible photo last year, and someday I'll see it. It's called the Road to Paradise, with Paradise being the town nearby.

roadtoparadisenewzeland.thumb.jpg.6ce651fca194c41eaf4185339850a2a0.jpg

You're going to do great this challenge, I know it.

Wow, this is stunning! If I'm not mistaken Paradise (the town) is part of the area where (parts of) LOTR, Hobbit and Narnia were filmed. One thing the four of us have said we'll try to do, is get to all the LOTR/Hobbit tours. See Hobbiton, Rivendell... they even have Orc statues in places :D on both north and south islands. They call day hiking with a back pack 'tramping' in NZ, and there are literally hundreds of safe trails that you can do. Some you have to pay for (in a nature reserve), others (most of them) are totally free... and did I mention safe?

On 4/15/2019 at 6:35 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

We have city elections coming up here. There is an ad campaign talking about how the city is trying to fill every pothole it can as quickly as possible.

LOL, someone commented on our neighbourhood group, he knew it was close to election time because suddenly all our potholes are being filled: "Nothing like the smell of fresh tar in the morning, to make you realise it is close to election time". And they dug money out from somewhere and started broadening and fixing up roads coming into town. We'll be lucky if it is finished by the end of the year.

On 4/15/2019 at 6:36 PM, TGP said:

I'm here too,  your doing great 

on to New Zealand!

Welcome! Thanks for taking some time out from your hiking/training to check in. I really appreciate it.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, elizevdmerwe said:

Wow, this is stunning! If I'm not mistaken Paradise (the town) is part of the area where (parts of) LOTR, Hobbit and Narnia were filmed. One thing the four of us have said we'll try to do, is get to all the LOTR/Hobbit tours. See Hobbiton, Rivendell... they even have Orc statues in places :D on both north and south islands. They call day hiking with a back pack 'tramping' in NZ, and there are literally hundreds of safe trails that you can do. Some you have to pay for (in a nature reserve), others (most of them) are totally free... and did I mention safe?

Of course it's where they filmed those! It's gorgeous.

I'm so glad ya'll will be somewhere safe <3 

• Like 1

My passport is ready for collection, too! Now just the boys! Woot! Woot!

-----------------------------------------

53 minutes ago, Tova the Vibrant said:

Of course it's where they filmed those! It's gorgeous.

I'm so glad ya'll will be somewhere safe <3 

One day, when we are there, and we are fortunate enough to visit these places, I'll be able to share photos with you guys.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, elizevdmerwe said:

He even asked whether it was our 25th, to which I replied after counting, nope, only 23rd. So I guess I'll have to bake next week. It used to be a big thing for me, but nowadays not so much. As long as we spend the day together, and it is a public holiday, so that happens too! :D

I always forget how may years we've been married. At least I remember the date though:biggrin-new:

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

I always forget how may years we've been married. At least I remember the date though:biggrin-new:

I forgot my age the other day. Had to fill it in on a form, mumbling "How old am I? 42,43?" Then did the calculations and realised I'm 44 turning 45 end of the year! Yikes, time's flying!

Week 0 - Wednesday

HEALTH

• BIBLE STUDY - Quiet time.
  • WATER - One full bottle and strong, big mug of rooibos.
  • SLEEP - A little late around 22h00. Was proof reading a book, and wanting to get it back to the author before the weekend starts. There's a serious discrepancy in the story, and she's going away for the weekend.
  • FOOD WILLPOWER - Managed NOT to fall for chocolate craving. Had a small bite of Rocco's Easter cupcake that Dy at Lego baked for the kids. She always has something for the class after each lesson. Also didn't finish my dinner. Left a little bit of meat and rind (pork chop).

STAYING ACTIVE

Walked yesterday: really just tried to relax. Did 3.6km in just over an hour. First heard a pair of hawks crying for each other, one circling close by, the other probably sitting in a tree, but I could hear both. Then saw a bird flying lowishly over me (didn't have my glasses on, so could only make out form - long neck, long legs - and colour - grey/blue, which might have been a Goliath Heron. Then... then I heard a Fish Eagle. There is no mistaking that sound! And I heard the words "You are free" twice in my head. It was a good walk.

• Finances: Weekly and monthly: Monthly will need to be done next week again.
  • CV & cover letter: In the queue.
  • Fire arms licenses: to be researched.
  • Driver's licenses: to be researched.
  • Kitchen cleanup: I'm looking at everything and thinking about it :D
  • Home Affairs: My passport is ready for collection too! Just have to phone and find out about the boys', then need to organise a day for all of us to drive up to New Hanover again to fetch. We all have to be there again.
  • Like 4

10 hours ago, elizevdmerwe said:

First heard a pair of hawks crying for each other, one circling close by, the other probably sitting in a tree, but I could hear both. Then saw a bird flying lowishly over me (didn't have my glasses on, so could only make out form - long neck, long legs - and colour - grey/blue, which might have been a Goliath Heron. Then... then I heard a Fish Eagle. There is no mistaking that sound! And I heard the words "You are free" twice in my head. It was a good walk.

How beautiful! I love when nature reaches out to us :) 

10 hours ago, elizevdmerwe said:

Kitchen cleanup: I'm looking at everything and thinking about it :D

Oof. I've done  this before too! :P The looking and the thinking sure seems like it helps! :D

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Tova the Vibrant said:

How beautiful! I love when nature reaches out to us :) 

I always feel like it is a message from above when I see birds that you don't see everyday. I've seen a couple of herons on previous Lego days, and some hawks are quite common. But to hear a pair 'talking' and to hear a Fish Eagle, are rare. I have a soft spot for birds. Don't know why.

21 hours ago, Tova the Vibrant said:

Oof. I've done  this before too! :P The looking and the thinking sure seems like it helps! :D

:D I hope it does. I'm sure it does. Mmm yeah, it does help. I know what are behind the cupboard doors, not exactly what are in the baskets on top, but have a good idea. Don't have a clue what all are pressed into every nook and cranny in the pantry space! I'm trying to sort out in my head what is really necessary and needs to be kept, and what not. Just how many mugs do you really need? How many sets of plates and bowls... do I really need those empty ice cream containers? Am I going to use those plastic containers? Oh and then the fact that plastic containers are expensive! in NZ. The one top cupboard in the kitchen, above the pantry has an old skydiving parashute of Brandt's. Let's not even start to discuss whether he is going to take it over, or sell it here... also not going to broach the topic of his scuba diving gear... :D Why I'm thinking rather than doing this week.

Week 0 - Thursday

HEALTH

• BIBLE STUDY - Quiet time and video.
  • WATER - One full bottle and TWO mugs of rooibos.
  • SLEEP - Late, but slept late on Friday morning.
  • FOOD WILLPOWER - Yip, I had chocolate.

STAYING ACTIVE

Walked with the dogs while Rocco practiced soccer.

• Same as before. I'll write when something happens/changes.

We played Monopoly with the boys today. Brandt wiped us out. I made a couple comments which had him in stitches, and luckily the boys didn't understand. :pirate: We had a great time.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, elizevdmerwe said:

I hope it does. I'm sure it does. Mmm yeah, it does help. I know what are behind the cupboard doors, not exactly what are in the baskets on top, but have a good idea. Don't have a clue what all are pressed into every nook and cranny in the pantry space! I'm trying to sort out in my head what is really necessary and needs to be kept, and what not. Just how many mugs do you really need? How many sets of plates and bowls... do I really need those empty ice cream containers? Am I going to use those plastic containers? Oh and then the fact that plastic containers are expensive! in NZ. The one top cupboard in the kitchen, above the pantry has an old skydiving parashute of Brandt's. Let's not even start to discuss whether he is going to take it over, or sell it here... also not going to broach the topic of his scuba diving gear... :D Why I'm thinking rather than doing this week.

Something to factor in to the cost of replacing things is the cost of shipping them. If something is expensive to ship over, it might be cheaper to buy it over there rather than take it with you.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Something to factor in to the cost of replacing things is the cost of shipping them. If something is expensive to ship over, it might be cheaper to buy it over there rather than take it with you.

Yip, why I thought that for now I'll just clean the house out a bit. The really big decisions we'll keep for closer to the time, when we know for a fact that Brandt has a job, and we'll know when we have to move by.

So far it looks like we have three options with regards to moving and costs of moving:

1. Rent a 40ft container, and take a car, and basically everything we want to, with. It is about R120 000/NZ$12 000 (US$8 000), and takes roughly 3 months (depending on when you load and arrive in NZ). The ship only goes so often to NZ.
  2. Rent a 20ft container, and take NO car, but all the big things like beds, w.machine, dryer, fridge, freezer, and a lot of boxes with everything we should need. Also takes about 3 months, and costs between NZ$6000-NZ$8000.
  3. Sell everything and only take a small Move It Cube, <10ft. Is pricy, and you can't take much over. But can be arranged for basically anytime. So you won't have to wait for your stuff. We can also put as much as possible in the 4x30kg suitcases that we can fly with. Normally about 20-25kg, but if you prove that you are emigrating then Qantas and Emirates allow you up to 30kg suitcases per person.

So chances are that we'll take the 20ft container option and load as much as possible in there, especially of the big stuff, like w.machine, tumble dryer, fridge, freezer, and all Brandt's tools.

Around Jan/Feb we looked up what can be bought for NZ$12 000 (instead of the big container), and we can buy a small car and some of the necessary things, but not everything that you can load into a 40ft container. If we take the 20ft container and use the price difference on a car in NZ it seems to work out most cost effectively. But we can only make a final decision as we get proper quotes, and not work on estimations.

With regards to Brandt's sporting gear: it might be cheaper to have it inspected and sanitized, than to replace it. They will just be older, maybe not as good/safe?, and NZ makes you pay a fine on bringing certain 'prohibited' things into the country: scuba/spear diving gear (contamination with other ocean life), wooden furniture (again some kind of contamination scare, insects, borers?), dog baskets and blankets (fleas, etc. scare), no plants (to protect their indigenous plants), no animal products, etc. They have a list, but no specified penalty fee that I could see. They just mentioned a customs/border inspection will be done and charged for, and a penalty will be charged for prohibited items.

We were discussing some things Friday night. Brandt then mentioned that he'd realised that if a job comes up where the company is prepared to pay either Visa applications and/or the move, he just has to take it, because those offers come around rarely, and would save us a lot of money. Then he can't wait till end of the year, he has to grab the job, if possible. I've mentioned it to him before, but he didn't answer me then.

• Like 7

A friend took this photo of Pietermaritzburg (Pmb) from World's View, a little hill on the outskirts of town. This is just the one side, basically. There are actually more to all the sides, but city centre proper has more buildings to the left of this photo. Our suburb would be more to the bottom right hand side, way outside the photo's edge.

712464745_pmb-citycentre.thumb.jpg.a5786615a6774c0effae2e233ca7272f.jpg

• Like 5

16 hours ago, Tova the Vibrant said:

Happy week 1 day 1! 

Thanks. It was a bit of a dud-day. Woke up with a migraine which was tempered somewhat due to the pain pill I took. But then popped up as I went to bed last night. Had a glass of milk, which funny (not ha-ha) enough helped somewhat. Then woke up this morning at 4am with a splitting headache if I turn my head. Lay there till just before 6am, moving as little as possible.

I got a headache tablet again, had it with rooibos, first thing after I got up. The ache has subsided somewhat, but is still there when I turn my head fast, cough, those kinds of things. Made breakfast, did house chores, and then decided I'll try some exercise! And most of the pain is gone, just have some residual aches when I cough or sneeze.

Also roll/dropped a 4kg wait over/on my one big toe :( Not too bad, but I wasn't impressed with myself.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Had a very quiet, very wet (rain is soaking in and falling almost constant since Friday), and somewhat cold weekend. There are accidents everywhere, places flooding, and somewhat under water (bridges, lower suburbs and rural areas), and my friend in Durban says they'll be able to doggy paddle in their backyard by the end of the day if it doesn't stop raining soon. It almost never rains like this, at this time of the year. This is totally out of whack! But our water tanks are full, so shouldn't complain.

Week 1 - Monday

HEALTH

• BIBLE STUDY - Quiet time and bible with the boys (also over the weekend).
  • WATER - One bottle and some rooibos.
  • SLEEP - Went to bed late on two nights, then around 22h00 Sunday and Monday nights, but also slept in on almost all mornings.
  • FOOD WILLPOWER - We had hot cross buns Saturday morning. With butter. The bun had some chocolate chips in it, but otherwise nothing too much and no other chocolate.

STAYING ACTIVE

Nothing from Friday till Monday, inclusive.

• Finances: Weekly done on Friday.
  • CV & cover letter: In the queue. Waiting...

• Fire arms licenses: Done research and almost panicked with everything that needs to be arranged, especially just before flying! Maybe the reason for the headache.
  • Driver's licenses: Researched. Not too bad actually. Can wait till we are in NZ.
  • Kitchen cleanup: I'm looking at everything and thinking about it. Nothing more at the moment.
  • Home Affairs: All our passports are ready for collection! We'll go next week Tuesday morning early again.

It seems Brandt and I have switched roles a bit this weekend. I was the brake, he was eager/excited to apply for a job. There's been one company who advertised since beginning February (Sabre Systems from PA there in USA). They have a senior job available in their NZ offices (Petone North island) for a good salary. Brandt hasn't been eager for it, but keeping an eye on it never the less. Monday another job was put up, also senior, but with a NZ company on south island. No idea what the salary is, but it is writing code for (Queenstown) sporting/tourist activities like ski elevators. I read it out loud for Brandt, and he was very excited. We discussed options, I looked at possible houses to rent for both jobs (there's basically nothing available), and he decided to rather wait till he gets his CV back from the company. It should be within the next two weeks.

I also got extra quotes with regards to quarantine in NZ for the pets, and all that will entail. Costs are just climbing and climbing.

His mom also sent messages with regards to the annual cycling race she does here in our town every year. He told me he was in two minds about whether he should enter, because it is a lot of money, and a part of him isn't sure whether he'll be here! I just gawked at him. Seriously I couldn't think of anything to say! Then late last night he spoke to his mom again and said he'll enter them, and pay for the race (takes place in middle October). However when he  tried this morning, neither his card or mine wanted to go through, and it isn't a money problem. Probably some electricity or adsl line trouble somewhere. Our internet was up and down frequently this weekend.

So we're just moving ahead, trying to keep track of what needs to be done. The exercise really helped with the headache this morning!

• Like 6

Glad the headache improved. And you didn't hurt yourself too much when you dropped a weight on your toe!  Super happy that Brandt is finding some job opportunities that excite him for the move.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Glad the headache improved. And you didn't hurt yourself too much when you dropped a weight on your toe!  Super happy that Brandt is finding some job opportunities that excite him for the move.

It did get better, but for most of the day, through the night, and even this morning, I feel bruised on the inside of my temples. I think sinus is setting in as well.

Brandt is actually excited about the new job ad. I really hope that waiting for his CV to be ready and only then apply is the right thing to do.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Week 1 - Tuesday

HEALTH

• BIBLE STUDY - No.
  • WATER - More than one bottle, and rooibos.
  • SLEEP - Went to bed by 21h00. Head hurt.
  • FOOD WILLPOWER - Had a nougat.

STAYING ACTIVE

I did the strength exercises.

• Finances: Dailies partly.
  • CV & cover letter: In the queue. Waiting...

• Fire arms licenses: Some more research to be done (.22 rifle)
  • Driver's licenses: DONE.
  • Kitchen cleanup: Not yet.
  • Home Affairs: Next week Tuesday.
  • Like 4