• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

ElizeElvinFoxRyder

elizevdmerwe - It's about nr.23 & Countdown...8

4 hours ago, annyshay said:

Praying about the job for you guys!

Thank you. Prayers and peace of mind, and just to calm right down, is so needed at the moment.

I was able to walk during Lego today. First day that it didn't rain, which means the flood waters can start to recede. It has been hectic in places, peoples' homes washing away, cars falling into sink holes, landslides ... the hardest hit places are about an hour's drive from us on the coast. We had roads filled with water, bridges knee deep under water in places, some houses were damaged, but not as bad as in the coastal regions.

So... I walked and managed to relax somewhat, but the moment we started driving home I tensed up again. I need to do something to get myself to relax more. Relax hardcore... so to speak. So after I made dinner, I made a mug of tea and read some Fb. That didn't help much. So I made a pot of coffee and sat on the stoep (thanks @annyshay heard your voice in my head saying "stoep time!"). At first I watched Adam playing outside a bit. Then he went in and I sang "Our Father prayer" softly to myself, and then I finally started to relax, listening to the crickets and the frogs. About 5min. later Brandt came home (18h30ish). I closed the gate for him, helped him with the car cover, and he surprised me with a box of Lindt!

I think I'll have my dinner, then relax on the stoep with one of the Lindt's. I'm a blessed, much loved wife.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Facebook is often the opposite of calming. 

Very true!

-----------------------------------------

Brandt wanted to talk a bit, so I ate inside. He went on to play games, and then his mom phoned. She'd made us a new king size blanket with all the left over pieces of fleece material she'd used for the boys' jackets over the years! She wanted to know whether it won't be too hot for our climate? Brandt sort of stuttered and then said, no, he thinks we can do with a new winter blanket.

Well we can, and WE CAN DEFINITELY! Zuzu has unfortunately chewed a hole in our thin fleece blanket (about 10-11yrs old - it's now the new dog blankets, as soon as I cut it up). He has also chewed a hole in the cover she'd made for us about 10 years ago (laslappie sheet - left over pieces of material sewn together? with fleece underneath), but we still use it on top and he has stopped chewing. Didn't like his nose and my finger meeting so regularly. So we only have the thick Waverley blanket and a single duvet (duvets are too hot for Brandt so we use this one sideways over our feet). I don't like keeping this from her, but we think it is better this way at the moment. So she doesn't yet know we are planning to go to NZ, and that the new blanket would come in very, very handy in that cold country.

Had a good walk over 4km. Also chatted a little bit with Dy after Lego yesterday. The boy J gave Rocco a hard time again yesterday, but they stayed calm, even though Adam confronted him about his lies about Rocco, and Dy handled the nastiness. She and the mom are working together on this. The boys are fine.

Week 1 - Wednesday

HEALTH

• BIBLE STUDY - Yes.
  • WATER - Two bottles, and rooibos. Finally drank very diluted Rehydrat which also seemed to help.
  • SLEEP - Went to bed late. Slept a little in this morning.
  • FOOD WILLPOWER - Was given a small piece of chocolate-marie biscuit-fudge-fridge-thingy, to taste. It was delicious. And Brandt bought me that box of Lindt *swoon*.

STAYING ACTIVE

I did the strength exercises.

THE PLAN...COUNTDOWN - 8months to go -

• Finances: Not yet.
  • CV & cover letter: They emailed Brandt with queries.

• House plans updated: Waiting for new month (money).
  • Fire arms licenses research: Some more research to be done (.22 rifle)
  • Driver's licenses research: DONE.
  • Kitchen cleanup: Not yet.
  • Home Affairs: Next week Tuesday.
  • Like 5

20 hours ago, elizevdmerwe said:

...Then he went in and I sang "Our Father prayer" softly to myself, and then I finally started to relax, listening to the crickets and the frogs. About 5min. later Brandt came home (18h30ish). I closed the gate for him, helped him with the car cover, and he surprised me with a box of Lindt!

that was a beautiful moment! ty for sharing it.

when I was writing my last hike report; I thought of you, specifically, when I was describing the beginning of my hike.

Here in the Eastern United States.. the "spring peeper" is a small frog that makes a highpitched chirping sound.   Its very much the sound of spring in this part of the world.  I wondered if you would be able to relate, and now you surprise me to say that your country has singing frogs, too!

I tried to google it, but all I got was the African dwarf frog.  is this the frog you are talking about?

:curious

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Facebook is often the opposite of calming. 

Uh, yeah. As of this week, I'm cutting myself off from it with one minor exception. 

22 hours ago, elizevdmerwe said:

I closed the gate for him, helped him with the car cover, and he surprised me with a box of Lindt!

Brandt is so sweet!

• Like 1

On 4/25/2019 at 3:11 PM, TGP said:

when I was writing my last hike report; I thought of you, specifically, when I was describing the beginning of my hike.

Found you now! Will catch up soon, I promise.

On 4/25/2019 at 3:11 PM, TGP said:

Here in the Eastern United States.. the "spring peeper" is a small frog that makes a highpitched chirping sound.   Its very much the sound of spring in this part of the world.  I wondered if you would be able to relate, and now you surprise me to say that your country has singing frogs, too!

I tried to google it, but all I got was the African dwarf frog.  is this the frog you are talking about?

We have all kinds of froggies in the area due to the mistbelt, subtropical climate and it generally being froggy heaven apparently. Unfortunately I haven't really looked them up so much, but I know we have the bullfrog, which has a deep voice. We don't hear them often, but they can get quite big and loud. The dogs unfortunately love the smaller bull frogs that dare to show themselves on the stoep, or get in the house.

Then we also have a small green tree frog. I found one earlier this year on our bathroom wall! It was about the size of my thumb nail! Teeny-tiny. I don't know which are the ones that sing, but I was told it was frogs. These are the two that I've personally seen on our property, but the frogs on this page can apparently also be found in the surrounding area. I really should take the boys on a night tour that the local conservancy have two or three times a year, to hunt different kinds of frogs in the Midlands area, about an hour's drive from us.

On 4/25/2019 at 12:56 PM, annyshay said:

Yay! Glad you took some stoep time for yourself. :)

Stoep time was my saving grace this week.

On 4/25/2019 at 4:57 PM, Tova the Vibrant said:

Uh, yeah. As of this week, I'm cutting myself off from it with one minor exception.

I've cut myself off certain people on Fb, due to all the stress some articles about the upcoming elections, comments, etc. are causing. I'm trying to cover the basics on Fb only.

On 4/25/2019 at 4:57 PM, Tova the Vibrant said:

Brandt is so sweet!

Yip, he's learned well over the years :pirate::DWe teased each other a lot today, while cutting down a tree in the front yard. Today is our actual anniversary. We've grown out of the bags of salt phase of marriage, straight into the facing down trees phase. We've both changed a lot through the years. He told me I'm definitely not the shy, innocent little girl he met anymore, but I still make him laugh. Which I think is good?!

---------------------------------------

Yip, we faced a tree together today! (again, we've done it before) Ok, ok... Brandt did most of the work, I enjoyed watching :D I did help, enough that I got cramps in feet, hands, ab-muscles, and others ;) , trying to keep a ladder steady, pulling ropes around branches to fall in very specific places (in other words, fall in our yard, and not the neighbours' and break their roof). I carried numerous, numerous cut pieces of branch (winter fire wood stack), and dragged a number of leafy branches to the heap. That ladder was 7.6m tall.

466149623_27-Boom7.6mhoog.thumb.jpg.6e1634f3797ab2273e7f0889641d6075.jpg

At one point we drove Rocco to a friend's birthday party, which was at an indoor cricket and soccer place. We left him there, he had a ball! (We fetched him about 3hrs later). Adam came home with us. We had a bit of a traffic jam, with these guys deciding they wanted to traverse the roads. There was a herd of about 5-8 if I counted correctly, dodging in and out of traffic. A policeman eventually stopped and shoo-ed this one out of the main traffic. The traffic light was also, again, not working - stuck on red, so things got a bit hectic and warm under the collar for some people.

1075432948_29-cattleinthestreetagain.thumb.jpg.a3744c96dfa1f6dd5a1fb5ff485b0e30.jpg

And this is what I bought Brandt (he says one for him, one for me - 2x10kg weight plates). Supposedly for our anniversary. I told him I am now of the opinion that I love exercising: I can watch him work out any time :D He just laughed.

51393406_25-Anniversarygift.thumb.jpg.bcc019e92f9c45362acccfb5c7a1f925.jpg

We are going shooting tomorrow. It is the actual club shoot for pistols, and long rifles, other than .22s. The tree isn't down yet, with the two right hand branches left. That will just have to wait for another weekend.

Man I'm tired. I think, no I know Brandt is exhausted! I'm really in awe with what he managed to get done today.

• Like 6

A few notes, and a heads' up:

Club shoot went very well for me. I got the highest score on pistol shooting for myself ever! 357/400 points. The lighter bullet grain loads are definitely better. We watched the 3 gun shoot on the top range, but eventually it took so long that we didn't take part, and opted to go home. But it was a good day.

I think that my long hours in front of the computer might be adding to the headaches I've been getting, or rather that they don't go away so quickly. So I'm going to try and cut my hours in front of the screen a bit, meaning I probably won't be on NF everyday. It might be my eyes, or my glasses. I was naughty and not wearing my glasses every day, or even every time I was working on the computer. Maybe eyestrain is making it worse? Anyway... just cutting back a little bit. I've already cut down a lot on reading online, and am only doing one author's books which is one book every two months, about.

Week 1 (summary) I think went well enough. I shouldn't have chocolate problems going forward. I did work out, and worked in the garden, and did some minor exercises one evening (Thursday), which I think I forgot to mention - some squats, pushups and stretches. I also managed to walk once, and basically everything else is on track.

• Like 6

Congrats on your excellent marksmanship and being strong agile enough to help with the tree. That tree looked so tall! I guess heights don't bother Brandt.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Congrats on your excellent marksmanship and being strong agile enough to help with the tree. That tree looked so tall! I guess heights don't bother Brandt.

Thanks! :redface-new:

No, heights don't bother Brandt at all, why he loved skydiving, although when that ladder were shaking while sawing, he wasn't really comfortable. That tree is about 14m (42ft) in height in total: we roughly measured the sections Brandt had cut off, and added the rest of the base which was still standing. With some of the windstorms we've had this past year, we are scared it will break and fall on our, or the neighbour's, house.

------------------------------

Brandt and I talk on and off about things. He is really curious why that one job hasn't been taken yet, as it's been 4 months now. Are conditions so bad? Or the salary and benefits not high enough for the job that needs done? Or can they really not find someone who meet the skill level/sets that they are looking for? The agency says his CV and cover letter will take another +-2 weeks. In the meantime we're taking it day by day.

I woke up around 4am this morning, with a rush of things on my mind specifically related to what we'll have to sell and leave behind (most of our wooden furniture and dog baskets, as well as the vacuum cleaner/hoover). I did manage to snooze a bit more, but by just after 5am I was wide awake again, so I got up.

• Like 3

WE HAVE OUR PASSPORTS!

We left at 6h00 this morning. Was in New Hanover just before 7h00. As we walked up to the building and I fell in line, Brandt recognised someone and went over to greet and chat. Then about 5min. later he recognised someone else, the colleague who recently got the job in New Zealand! They were trying to apply for passports for their two kids. The 2nd child was born six weeks ago. Brandt stood there and chatted with them for quit a while, because next thing the office opened at 8h00, the lady greeted us like old friends (she remembered us from last time, which make me wonder why we stand out so much every time we are in this type of situation), and we went in, to wait some more. I panicked a little bit then, because I had only taken the receipts for our applications along, and not the boys' birth certificates if I needed identity proof. As we got to the counter (about an hour and half later), the lady wasn't bothered with ID proof of any kind, and within 20min she'd helped all four of us! The other people took about 15min. per person to receive their ID cards or passports. I don't know why we went so quick, but I was very, very happy.

So... we only ate our packed food on the way back (I was more prepared), and was already home by 11h00! Brandt quickly went to town to buy parts for the Uno, then went back to work for the rest of the day. Tomorrow is public holiday here (Workers' Day), and he can't work as the offices will be closed.

Now... for the CV and cover letter. Brandt is a bit antsy about that job that has been available for nearly 4 months. I think I should encourage (soft push?) him to at least enquire about it. If for nothing else than to find out why it is still available when all other Delphi software/developer jobs went like hot cakes.

Anyway... quite uneventful and that's all sorted. Also seems that my unabridged birth certificate is now ready for collection, which leaves only Brandt's and then our marriage certificate. Then the basics are done. Then... then comes real job hunting, and then the real stuff for actually applying for a visa (connected to residency).

• Like 5

14 hours ago, TGP said:

WOOT!

awesome- things are coming along very nicely!  congrats.

:)

I'm going all ex-PA (Personal Assistant) on myself. I can't stand not having my paper files (with regards to emigrating) and everything in some kind of order, physically.I have separate files/envelopes/containers for various things, but I want one file with dividers for all the documents (One ring to bind them all! Oops! :D). I have a separate hard cover container for the pets' documents, and a separate envelope for Brandt's qualifications docs, and a separate envelope for the boys and my docs... Going to put it all together. Brandt's just shaking his head. It will help me feel more in control, thus less stressed, and if we go somewhere, I just grab the file, and I'll have everything with me.

Public holiday here today. Very quiet after a couple scares in the neighbourhood these last two weeks. Our gardener was accosted by an over-zealous security guard yesterday morning (on his way to work for someone else). He phoned us last night to tell us what had happened and to ask to start later in the mornings. He doesn't want to run into that group again. It wasn't racial, they (two more joined the first guard, and they luckily talked him off his 'high' aggressive stance) were black security guards who pushed a handgun in Eric's face, demanding he got down on his knees, asking him what he was doing in the streets at 6am. He had to phone his boss for the day to come and fetch him and vouch that he does actually work for him! The security said they were helping police to maintain order, but this is way beyond what they are allowed to do! Brandt was livid when I told him.

Anyway... so things are quiet this morning.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

20 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

That's awful for Eric. 

I saw your post on FB about Kiwi and South African Accents, I had to stop myself commenting so I didn't spill any news.

It was. Eric's voice was shaking when he spoke to me that evening, and that was already about 8 hours later.

:D Thank you for not spilling the beans on Fb. I thought it should be safe to post that article, as South Africans are mentioned as well, and not just Kiwis.

20 hours ago, TGP said:

I'm just struck about how shocking even a quiet day can be.  wow.

There isn't a week that goes by that there hasn't been some incident of someone trespassing on a property or trying to gain entrance to a house, in our neighbourhood. I just don't want to mention it so often any more. When my level of "let it go" reaches too high, I mention it, and then try to move on again. It is so sad really, because this is statistically, still supposed to be the neighbourhood that has the least amount of crime, for Pietermaritzburg. But we know what can be said of South Africa's statistics. Can't rely on it at all.

At least the girl who "disappeared" on Monday, was found safe and sound by Wednesday afternoon. And there hasn't been attempted child kidnappings in town for a while.

16 hours ago, Tova the Vibrant said:

That's really stressful for Eric, but I'm super glad you all got your passports! One step closer!!!

:) One step closer! I also received a text message that my birth certificate is ready for collection, but I'm still waiting for news about Brandt's and then our marriage certificate. I actually have old ones and the original marriage certificate, but read that those won't be accepted by Immigration New Zealand. I don't know why, because as far as I know documentation don't expire? Which brought Brandt and my discussion on this topic full circle to the fashion of "renewing your marital vows": Brandt asked whether their original vows had expired at some point? Did that mean that after a certain number of years you aren't really married anymore? :D

11 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Woohoo for the passports!

Woot! Woot! Onward we go! :loyal:  Although it really feels like hurry up and wait some more.

---------------------------------------

Things are going along. Exercise not as well as last week, but *shrug*, at least I got to walk on Wednesday during Lego. I got a blister on my heel for my efforts too (sock bundled up). So not going to walk with the dogs today. Poor Zuzu, he loves the Thursday walks. Food... a bit of chocolate, otherwise actually good. Water I'm struggling to get more than 1 bottle in, and neither am I getting to tea. I'll write a proper summary on Saturday afternoon, because by then I should know what the draughtsperson's thoughts are on updating our property plans for the municipality.

The other side of that coin is the fact that our municipality is bankrupt (are under administration), so very little are actually getting done. It might come down to us having the plans, selling the property as is, with the legal out that we deduct an amount from the selling price, because the buyer will have to update the property plans with the municipality. Apparently some people have done that and it has been accepted. And this piece of information is probably just about the update on our property plans anyway :D 

I am a bit frustrated at the moment. Every time I go out, it seems that more and more people are breaking road rules. I've had to dodge cars blatantly driving on the wrong side of the road, skipping red lights, skipping stop signs... I've actually worked up some road rage, which I then have to get out of my system. Not helping with the whole "stressful situation" in general.

So there you have it. Breathe in... breathe out... Then let's hurry up and wait some more, and play dodge-em in the streets.

One week till elections...

Edited by elizevdmerwe
  • Like 3

WEEK 2 SUMMARY

HEALTH

• BIBLE STUDY - Quiet time and one or two bible study videos most days of the week/weekend.
  • WATER - Struggling due to little bit cooler weather on some days. Got at least 1 bottle of water in most days. Thursday-Sunday went a lot better.
  • SLEEP - Been in bed at latest 21h30, maybe 5min. over, but been sleeping a lot better. Not waking up around 2-3am anymore.
  • FOOD WILLPOWER - Here and there a small, small taste of chocolate. Nothing serious. Food is good. The boys and I have a new food routine.

STAYING ACTIVE

No strength exercises, but I did walk - on Wednesday, giving me blisters on my heels; and on Friday (with Crocs that didn't cover the blisters) in the veldt during Nature Club. On my feet for more than an hour. Not fast paced, slow and steady, but was good.

THE PLAN...COUNTDOWN - 8months to go -

• Finances: Dailies done. Monthly this week - definitely.
  • CV & cover letter: He received their reply this morning! Wow their writing is so eloquent, descriptive and .... flowery, as a previous teacher of mine would have said.

• House plans updated: Spoke to the guy Saturday morning. We have three options:
    • Remove all the 'buildings'/roofed structures we've added.
    • Remove some, then get engineering reports, written consent from all three neighbours, then have plans drawn up, then submit, which would take at least 3+months.
    • Or when we sell the house, keep two of the structures (the carport must come down) on condition that all interested parties know that the contract will state that they have to get approval and submit the plans, for a deduction in the house price.
    • The carport is in his opinion, very sturdily and constructionally(?) well built, but the municipality has set rules about how it should be done. And ours don't comply. We could get a specialised engineering report for it, but would be very expensive and not worth the effort.
  • Fire arms licenses research: DONE.
  • Driver's licenses research: DONE.
  • Kitchen cleanup: 3/4 DONE. Only the pantry cupboard, and that is also only the bottom half.
  • Home Affairs: Passports DONE! Brandt's and my birth certificates are ready for collection. Just waiting on the marriage certificate.

There are a couple things Brandt wants amended on the CV and cover letter. As soon as that's done, he is going to apply for the Petone (Wellington) job! He says he'll ask for a minimum of three months for us to get everything here settled, if he is offered the job.

---------------------------------------------

Our province, KZN, is heating up. Last week Friday saw students protesting in the streets in Durban/Westville, and causing a lot of havoc and damage all round.

This weekend a truck was petrol-bombed about 20min. from us. He was driving on the high way (national road), slowed down for people running across, then got a bottle through his cab window. He was injured a bit, not badly, and got away. More stones were thrown, and the high way closed for a couple hours.

Last night we woke up around midnight from around 15 shots fired in the neighbourhood. A couple of the patrolmen went out searching, and the police eventually arrived (+-30min. after being phoned) to patrol the neighbourhood. No one owned up to the shooting, and nothing was found.

Two days till D-day, or is that V-day?

Please pray for a peaceful voting day and aftermath.

---------------------------------------------

The boys and I are seriously looking at what and how much we are eating. I found that the two would eat because they were bored, or waiting for something to load on the computer, or bored, or "but we always eat when we start XYZ".

So they are now having cereal every morning (6-7am), which they measure out. Then they have something protein (sausage) around 10am. I pack us three lunch (for around 12h00) which is a sandwich, fruit, and extra protein (like a sausage or biltong or dry wors). Sandwiches are either egg with a little bit of tomato sauce, or ham and cheese, or peanut butter and jam, or left over meat... You get the idea. They have to stretch it out so it will last them till dinner, which is around 5-6pm. The first day was tough for them. The second day less so as they had an idea of what to expect. Then the weekend, and they actually kept to the routine! And today they are happy to stick to it. They are however allowed to have whatever vegetables they want in between. Let's see how that works out for us.

I'm using normal bread. We don't have gluten free bread readily and less-expensively available around town, and I'm not going to load extra stress on myself by starting to bake gluten free bread. Where I can use something gluten free, I will. Their cereal also contains gluten (one kind does, the other is still gluten free), but they are trying out new cereal (high fibre, keep them fuller for longer) that are readily available in New Zealand. Their current choice (Future Life) isn't available there. They love the cereal 'testing' idea.

• Like 3

Forgot to mention this visitor:

spinnekop.jpg.e32f0c558cbd95ff30ae375176fe490f.jpg

I discovered him in our bathroom around 4am when I went to the loo. I'd walked past him without noticing, but luckily right then Stampy Cat came in and batted at IT, wanting to play. IT jumped in my direction. Luckily I was still fully clothed. IT jumped towards me, I squeaked and jumped right over IT and Stampy into the passage. No one else woke up! I stood there not knowing what to do. But we only have one loo. :( And a part of me also thought that IT might crawl towards the boys' room, which was the first door down the passage.

So I fetched the glass jar, gently prodded it inside, took it outside, by which time the dogs have also woken up and decided to investigate. Stampy wanted to play some more, but I took him away. Then the dogs got excited about Stampy, he jumped out of my arms and ran straight for IT, so I said "tough luck" and locked the dogs and myself inside the house.

I specifically took these two photos because I knew Brandt wouldn't believe me at all that I'd caught a big rain spider all by myself and didn't scream the house down! At least I got a hug and a laugh from him for my efforts. We haven't had big spiders like these for a long time. Not inside the house, at least. There's been a bunch of smaller ones at times.

And no, I didn't sleep a wink till my alarm went off just before 6am.

• Like 2

ha!

Bravery points are awarded my fair lady!!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRj9F19YAg6aKTOeFPHXmF

woot!

BTW, I had to look up what a Veldt is

and wow does it look vast

lone-acacia-tree-mount-kenya-260nw-17639

woot for getting out and walking it and Espacially AFTER you had a blister (did I read the right?).  most people give up on Hiking for a few days after they get a blister- and getting one on the heel is the worst place.

anyways, I really firmly believe that the more hiking one does the less blisters are a problem.  Generally.  your feet toughen up and adapt.

I've seen exceptions.  but with my big program even when my feet was shockingly wet I've avoided blisters and I think That tough feet is why.

• Like 1

Bravery points for sure. In our downstairs, we get huge spiders that freak me out.  I spray them with bug spray because I don't want to get close

• Like 1

18 hours ago, TGP said:

BTW, I had to look up what a Veldt is

and wow does it look vast

Jip that is what a grass veldt is, except in our area it is very hilly (koppies), so the one we visited had a nice incline we had to walk up. Not anywhere as steep as your climbs, but full sun, no shade, grass knee high. It was actually blissful and an absolute delight. You look at the veldt and you think one mass of grass. When you are up close there are a lot of different grasses growing all mixed up with miniature flowers, etc. The kids were divided into groups and they had to gather as many different types of grasses as they could find. Our group only got three kinds. Another group got 7 different grasses!
On the one path we followed part way up we found porcupine spoor and feces, and then a little higher up we found caracal feces. The guide actually picked a piece up and broke it open to show us the fur inside. Using a microscope you can then have a close up look at the fur and find out what the caracal had eaten. We were not that curious. Then we did some map work, with a roughly printed map the one guide gave each group, and we had to orient ourselves according to it. By then kids had broken up their groups and families were working together, and in no time Adam, Rocco and I found the different things: road, railway, dam, specific shops, water tower, streams... At least I know they can do map work.

18 hours ago, TGP said:

woot for getting out and walking it and Espacially AFTER you had a blister (did I read the right?).  most people give up on Hiking for a few days after they get a blister- and getting one on the heel is the worst place.

I didn't walk last Thursday because the blister was raw, so I couldn't put tekkies (running shoes/hiking shoes) on, but Friday I wore my Crocs. They are open around the heel, so I didn't have any problems other than little bits of grass getting in and making me itch. It was a really easy walk/hike with nothing pushing us except time. The Crocs I wore looks something like this. Mine has three little holes each side of the shoe.

image.thumb.png.02e36666148086cc86a5c1de836fd0cc.png

16 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Well done Spider Whisperer.

:D thanks.

15 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Bravery points for sure. In our downstairs, we get huge spiders that freak me out.  I spray them with bug spray because I don't want to get close

We haven't had such big ones in quite some time. I didn't even think of spray! My brain wasn't totally awake I think. Although as much as I hate spiders, they catch a lot of insects which I'm glad for. But then so does the geckos, which I don't have any problem with.

• Like 3