• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Bean Sidhe

Bean Si Vs. Chaos – Just Survive

ouch on the migraine :( 

Freaking awesome you got the good news in! Hard to imagine places can still have unpaid interns. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Tateman said:

ouch on the migraine :( 

Freaking awesome you got the good news in! Hard to imagine places can still have unpaid interns. 

Yeah, that was a whole thing. At this point, I will take whatever they give me and run. I just want the credit.

• Like 2

I know I do this every semester, but I am seriously about to lose it. send funny videos or distractions.  This class with the teacher who is always behind is getting to me. I also fell asleep at my desk at work today because I was waiting for something. I woke myself when I realized I was snoring .  And instead deadlines are coming up and the promised Extra credit "worksheet" is another closed book 30 minute Quiz for essay questions.

BronzeArtisticAmericantoad-mobile.jpg

Also, I would love to be Chris Knight from Real Genius right now. Who needs to study.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRVHlE0hhC1Neyf6T3_hoN

• Like 2

Great job on the intern! It's cool they are willing to be so flexible with you and made you a position. 

• Like 2

Not really. Thanks all for the well wishes. Dumb Professor hasn't returned back our designs for the project, but the project is due in 8 days (5 for me since we have my sisters wedding, which I told her about at MIDTERM). She finally released a video going 'over' it, but I don't think I did well now on the first part.

Not going to lie, I am more than a bit upset. I know I should be okay, but right now, I want to know where the hell I sit in the class and I want to start on this. I won't even get a weekend to work on the projects now. I am spending all this time trying to make up reading and do the quizzes (that she promised a lecture on and never posted, so I had to guess on what it was about) and the EC, 2 discussion boards by the 5th and the project and the reading, and I don't think it matters. 

Anyway, I need to do the last of the reading for the chapter last week, we have another chapter this week (I think) and the EC that is only available for 40 minutes, closed book through tonight (I got till tomorrow but still) and I just want to quit. I know 1 more week till finals, then the final (closed note, proctored even) and I am done. And lets not ask if I actually have even thought about packing or what I am wearing to the wedding or anything like that. 

And challenge wise, I have done NOTHING today because I overslept by 3 hours and then accidentally took a hour nap on my homework earlier.

• Like 2

I emailed my professor with a "out of curiosity, do you have an ETA on the project grading?".

Her first line back "I am trying to get it done, but the grading is taking so much time." Her second  line told me to watch the video and see if I can compare my design to hers and email her if I have questions. I did, and I am scared I completely messed it up. I am currently trying to figure out how to nicely say "well, yours only did highlights and talked about X while I didn't put X in because I wasn't sure how and now I am completely lost and I would really like better direction"

(BTW, we have exactly 53% of our grade right now. She has either assigned or not graded another 21% and the final is 25%).

• Like 1

Oof. :( Anything we can do to help you get ahead?

I’m sorry your prof can’t get her shit together. At this point there’s not really an excuse. 

• Like 1

First, congratulations on the internship!!! That is great news!!!
Then, if the prof can't hold their shit together, not your problem. They are there to give guidance and asking for some is exactly within your student role. Asking questions is good, it shows that you care to learn, not just the grade. Having gone to uni IRL and not distance, I admit I got my grades upped sometimes because they recognised my fear of speech exams but they knew I knew the stuff as I would have asked questions that meant I knew stuff.
(not sure that last sentence makes sense...)

• Like 2

Sorry you're having to deal with all that nonsense. I had the same experience during my Masters, it was infuriating! The prof running the program just wanted to spend his life looking down microscopes instead of teaching, so he was miserable and we were miserable and it was a bad time for all. But we here all know you've totally got this :D

• Like 2

Not dead.... Just well

large.jpg

tenor.gif

I have already spent 9 hours on the project since basically Sunday night/Monday Am.  I am about 1/2 done. Wish me luck. 

Is the semester over yet?

• Like 3

So this challenge is kind of a bust. Homework chaos was crazy. I just turned in the big project 10 minutes ago. It was Officially due at midnight last night, but when I told the instructor I had to have it done before friday so we could leave for the wedding and was stuck, she gave me an extension until Tues. I woke up at 3:30 in a panic that I turned it in late. I shouldn't be worried, but I am.

I have a call about the internship with the people today. I need to hammer out a few details and then I just need paperwork signed.

Either way, its turned in now. I just hope she grades all the things now. (I have 12 pts out of 100 and the Extra credit ungraded). I have both finals left (One Tues night and one Friday Morning) then I will attempt to be a human and around more.

Right now, I am feeling very behind, and its 5;45 which means I need to go wake Agents and start our day. (Oh, and sleep would be nice. I didn't sleep much this weekend (2 -3 hours one night and 4 the other) and last night I went to be about 10:30, but 3:30 freak out).

Just a few more days of chaos maybe.

QFCX.gif

• Like 2

Bean, don't stress over this challenge. You have much more other things to stress over it seems. Good luck with the finals. Here is to hopefully just a few more days of chaos!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Tateman said:

Bean, don't stress over this challenge. You have much more other things to stress over it seems. Good luck with the finals. Here is to hopefully just a few more days of chaos!

Not going to lie, the challenge itself died about a week/week and a half ago. Hopefully going to do a mini something starting Sunday/Monday. I dunno. I tell myself to do it to get in the habit and what not, then lazy me is going "NO" we will see.

• Like 2

Totally just sitting here, driving myself ever slowly more insane. I have 51 minutes until my first final unlocks. I wish I could just take it now and be done. I have everything organized and ready (yay open book/open note) but I can't.

Also sitting here with worst case of I open the test, I get 2 answers in and then the connection dies and I get a 2 out of a 100 in my head. I know that is dumb, but still freaking me out.

And yes, I did the math, to get an A I need a 74...  I would do the math for the other class, but that teacher still has 12% of my grade ungraded. Ugh..

48 minutes to go. 

tumblr_ms46h8rnSw1sgsvr0o2_r1_500.gif

Well that took literally a minute. Of all the times to find the perfect gif right off the bat.

• Like 3

Bean Sidhe!!! I hope your final went super duper well and in your relief and pride you took the rest of the day off and cuddled with the Agents and ate delicious food and slept a solid eight hours. That's probably a fantasy but I hope that you at least are happy that final is over and you've only got one left to go, and I hope your sloth teacher did some grading and you did better on the project than you thought (or at least have a high enough grade otherwise that it doesn't matter too much). 

I know you tend to be hard on yourself and you think of this challenge as "a bust," but I just want to say that to me you're a superhero. Bean Sidhe, patron goddess of dedication and determination, a rock in troubled waters. I'm so glad that you're still here and still sharing your story with us. <3 

• Like 3