• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Bean Sidhe

Bean Si Vs. Chaos – Just Survive

Okay, so before I reply to wobbegong

The final was hard. There were questions on there that were NOT on the study guide INCLUDING the extra credit question. I honestly thought I bombed it and was just hoping for the 74. But after the final, I kept my word to myself and took the night off (it was already 9 pm) and watched TV, had some cider and then went to bed by 10.

I just checked my school stuff. My professor graded my final.  I got 102 out of 100. Apparently I missed 8 pts total and I got 10 pts (out of 20) on EC.  This was a class where I was consistently getting 70% on the quizzes (no partial credit). The funniest part. This brought my grade up from like a 92% to a 99.2% . I am taking it and running.

Now to do the closed book/note/proctored one. I start studying for that today.

• Like 6

33 minutes ago, Bean Sidhe said:

I got 102 out of 100. Apparently I missed 8 pts total and I got 10 pts (out of 20) on EC.  This was a class where I was consistently getting 70% on the quizzes (no partial credit). The funniest part. This brought my grade up from like a 92% to a 99.2%

BEAN!!!!! YOU'RE AMAZING!!!!!!! LOOK AT YOU GO!!!!!!

giphy.gif

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bean Sidhe said:

Okay, so before I reply to wobbegong

The final was hard. There were questions on there that were NOT on the study guide INCLUDING the extra credit question. I honestly thought I bombed it and was just hoping for the 74. But after the final, I kept my word to myself and took the night off (it was already 9 pm) and watched TV, had some cider and then went to bed by 10.

I just checked my school stuff. My professor graded my final.  I got 102 out of 100. Apparently I missed 8 pts total and I got 10 pts (out of 20) on EC.  This was a class where I was consistently getting 70% on the quizzes (no partial credit). The funniest part. This brought my grade up from like a 92% to a 99.2% . I am taking it and running.

Now to do the closed book/note/proctored one. I start studying for that today.

That is awesome! Well done!

• Like 1

FINALS ARE DONE... the last one was killer. Not sure how I did in that class since the final and ungraded homework is still 35% of our grade.  Part of me hopes to keep my A, part of me is sure I lost it.

Also, all the approvals and signatures are done, my internship is approved AND I am registered. In fact, I can see the internship stuff already in my school website.

This weekend is mostly about rest, seeing family (which may not be a good thing) and yard work. Going to make up an small mini challenge until the next one starts.

In other news, I am totally and utterly done. I would come play and say Hi, but I think this is my plan for the rest of the night.

tenor.gif?itemid=4561716

I am one tired tired sailor scout. 

• Like 4

Congratulations on making it through! I hope you find out about your grade promptly, but of course if the teacher is pokey about it, I hope you can at least focus on other stuff. You've done everything you can, so take your plans seriously and rest, get your yard in order, and take no flak from your family! 

• Like 2

FINALS ARE DONE... the last one was killer. Not sure how I did in that class since the final and ungraded homework is still 35% of our grade.  Part of me hopes to keep my A, part of me is sure I lost it.

Also, all the approvals and signatures are done, my internship is approved AND I am registered. In fact, I can see the internship stuff already in my school website.

This weekend is mostly about rest, seeing family (which may not be a good thing) and yard work. Going to make up an small mini challenge until the next one starts.

In other news, I am totally and utterly done. I would come play and say Hi, but I think this is my plan for the rest of the night.

tenor.gif?itemid=4561716

I am one tired tired sailor scout. 

Yeee! Finals are done!! Now, try not to think of the grade until you know it, what is done is done.
And if I were you I would take a real break, wait for next challenge to start. You need rest, you deserve rest.
  • Like 1

So finals are done. I was a fairly large bum all weekend. I still need more sleep, but I am better than I was. That being said, if someone offered to do all my stuff for me, I would go back to bed in a heartbeat. We kinda "skipped" mothers day with my folks since my mom "wasn't in the mood" which wasn't a bad thing.

I still have the one final with the instructor who is always behind ungraded. She still has like 32% of my grade in her inbox. Not going to lie, I am going a bit nutty here. I need like 22 pts out of the 32 ungraded I think to get my A

I know I need to get back to some sort of min-challenge this week, get back on the horse since things are going to change in 7 days. But really, I just don't wanna. I am trying to convince myself to do something, even if its use the same challenge and just go closer to the end. Or even just a "Hey, get your life together" thing for a week.

Monday I start the internship early. I will not be getting credit for the first 2weeks (since I will only be doing 10-15 hours those 2 weeks), but I will be working for both places and end of school. Not sure how I feel about all of it. I was excited, but nerves are becoming a thing.

In things I did get under control, my hair is back to a normal color (pout),  I did get the bloodwork results from my Dr from the draw like 2+ weeks ago and all my numbers are really good. The big thing was that some of the numbers were in the "low" normal that probably shouldn't be, (iron, potassium, ect), and even the glucose number was perfect.Usually I am so low in an area, its another 2 blood tests over 6 months. so this is nice.

I got all the seedlings outside and transplanted, the yard I started working on yesterday since it had to RAIN all weekend (I am so tired of rain). I still have a ton of weeding and getting herbs to do, but its a start. I also need to do the hummingbird planter, but again, on the list.

Big thing here is: I need to restart something. Part of me is getting comfy being so "meh" or just not doing things. But Once I start my internship, especially for real, I am not going to have that kind of time. I mean, by then I could be working up to 55 hours a week.

So, this is me, trying to convince myself to restart when really, being a bum a few days longer sounds so much better.

• Like 2

On 4/25/2019 at 7:50 PM, Butternut said:

Bean... I feel so bad for asking but what are you going to school for again? 

I am so sorry I didn't respond here, but I went back for computer science. Here is to hoping for an adult job with better pay.

• Like 1

One thing I forgot to mention, but am so grateful for is all the support I have gotten here when I would "pop up" Thank you to Butternut , Fleaball, Tateman, Rookie, Diadhuit, Countess D'if, Lateral Planet, Wobbegong (stupid forum won't let me tag people today) for the support and funny pictures when I needed them. Trust me, I wasn't responding much, but I would just come read from work when I couldn't log in and see that there were people cheering me on.

I have read if not responded to all the support. So thanks all. I do appreciate it.

Oh, and one other piece of info. I got an email last week my job is looking for a new IT person. I said I would wait to fill it out until after Finals, so I guess I need to start work on that this week. Fingers crossed.  At least I am not fighting school to get the cover letter written.

• Like 5

I really think your life is turning around! And I'm proud of you!
Don't take this idea if it won't fit your needs but maybe the last week of challenge could be a 'recharge' challenge? With focus on sleep, time with kids and similar?
Knowing your needs is really important too!

• Like 2

Such great news Bean. Things seem to be lining up after all this struggle and hard work! I totally get those nerves. Things will be ok. I always get that way when ever I have started someplace. 

Hope you get that A. 

For challenge motivation type thing, you can just try picking one thing, or a few things for your list. Maybe even just a quick 15 minute something in the morning. Start that day off with a win. Just something to help get you back into things.

• Like 1

On 5/13/2019 at 7:31 AM, Diadhuit said:

I really think your life is turning around! And I'm proud of you!
Don't take this idea if it won't fit your needs but maybe the last week of challenge could be a 'recharge' challenge? With focus on sleep, time with kids and similar?
Knowing your needs is really important too!

Thank you. I wish I could be as positive as you, but I am just not there.

This week I have done almost nothing challenge related. Its been a weird week of ups and downs.  But there has been a bigger focus on sleep and I am glad to say I only hit the snooze buttons (on 2 alarms) for about 30 minutes today instead of an hour.  Maybe its working.

• Like 1

On 5/13/2019 at 2:57 PM, Tateman said:

Such great news Bean. Things seem to be lining up after all this struggle and hard work! I totally get those nerves. Things will be ok. I always get that way when ever I have started someplace. 

Thanks, I am happy things are looking like they will come together, but I am too afraid to think it is until it is done. With my luck, I am watching for a small planet to fall out of the sky and divert everything.

Hope you get that A. 

Me too.

For challenge motivation type thing, you can just try picking one thing, or a few things for your list. Maybe even just a quick 15 minute something in the morning. Start that day off with a win. Just something to help get you back into things.

Yeah, all that talk of challenges, and I just haven't. I need to get back to something as opposed to "eat sugar, don't move, let the house become a mess"  that I am currently at.

• Like 1

So update time

I haven't done anything challenge wise all week. I opened the file and said "Time to start" and then I just didn't.

I tried to take Tuesday off as a "Bean recharge day" which turned into "Bean works because other people are dumb, then has lunch with an agent, then goes and eats her lunch at home after Agent ate her lunch at school, then walk then bake bread for a work thing." No recharging was had.

To be completely honest, I have no idea what today and tomorrow hold. They are busy days with Youngest Agent having a concert tonight, then tomorrow is her graduation and party so my day is shot there.  (and no, i have no idea what I am wearing to the graduation).

I start the internship on Monday and I have no idea what I am going to do. At work yesterday someone asked me if I bought my new "professional wardrobe" and I looked and him and said "nope." I have one pair of dress pants and a couple of nice shirts. However, when I was there in Feb they were in jeans and polos, so I am hoping I can get by with that. I am going to do the dress pants thing the first day and play it by ear. 

In other news, my job is dumb. Long story short, there is an opportunity being opened that could actually be in my favor. Like I could maybe realistically get something full time. However, right after I was told, they said something about "If we want someone like <other person>" who has less time in than I do, but has more degrees than I do. So I don't know. I was full of hope for about 2 minutes then it was a "nobody wants you even after 20 years" moment. So I don't know. I literally put in for a different job the night before, and I am still going to try, if for no other reason than "You can't ignore me". Oh and I got another rejection email for an internship yesterday too. Just feels like I am going to be stuck where I am until I retire because I am not worth much. I mean I am working so hard and it doesn't feel like its doing any good.

Anyway, that was most of yesterday, Just feeling like I was shot down before I even try.

Today is a new day and I have a ton of stuff to do. I don't really want to, but it is what it is. Maybe my side goal for today will be to plan a new challenge since 0 week is my first week of both jobs (granted it will be maybe half time at the first 2 weeks).

• Like 3

I really hope that things go well for you in your internship and that you are able to quickly move to an employment situation that gives you better recognition and satisfaction. 

• Like 1

Hey Bean,

I am not even going to say I'm caught up, but I've read this last page here and so much has happened. Congrats on your great score on the final. Congrats on your internship, I can believe you start Monday already, it felt like that was still months off. Good luck on your job application. Good luck on your final and that pesky teacher.

I dropped out this challenge, work was crazy, home was crazy... but I've been peeking in, so glad to see things are going in a good direction!

• Like 1

New post up. I so need to get back up and try again

https://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/113815-bean-sidhe-vs-chaos-%E2%80%93-pretends-to-act-like-i-know-what-i-am-doing/

And then the form is weird and doesn't do the preview thing..

• Like 3