• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Cheetah

Cheetah isn't worried.

So tired today.  Food has not been great.  I had a couple more donuts for breakfast than I needed.  But the rest of the day I will eat well, so good on me for not dwelling on the negative, and instead making my next choice a good one.

No exercise or anything else.  Just work and weariness.  Bleh.

1 hour ago, Cheetah said:

work and weariness

WORK AND WEARINESS is gonna be the name of my new emo album coming out this summer watch for it

giphy.gif

hi i am tired too WE CAN DO IT THO DUDE!!!!!!!!! STAY STRONG~

• Like 3

What a long weekend it's been!  Food was a bit up and down but mostly good.  I'm sure I ate a few things I didn't need but most of my meals have been mindful.  I believe that on the whole I'm eating less of things than I used to, and I don't seem to be getting any bigger around, so that's good.

My back has been in a terrible state since about last Thursday or so.  I don't know what I did, but I woke up with my whole lower back tight and sore, like I had tweaked it lifting something poorly.  But I didn't lift anything.  Which I suspect is part of the problem.  So, I've been rehabing it with gentle exercises and stretches.  It's starting to get better now, but I think it's going to be a week or so before it's all good again.

This just really reinforces for me that I need to get back on the stick with exercise.  I have no excuses or reasons not to do it, I have many reasons to make it a priority, and I don't know what my mental block is right now, but I need to get past that bs.  I'm sure it's rooted in perfectionism.  When I can't make myself do something I want to do, that's usually what's going on.

I've been thinking about guitars again, which is fun.   I have a little bit of a dilemma, though.  Basically it boils down to do I settle for a less expensive guitar sooner, or save up for a more expensive guitar that I really want but can't afford until later?  Mostly I'm leaning toward saving up for the one I really want, esp. since I have a very decent acoustic on indefinite loan from a friend.

I think that's about it for today.  Happy Monday!

• Like 4

Definitely save up for the one you want - you have something to keep you going for now so why wouldn't you wait for the perfect one?

• Like 1

Back pain sinks. You are doing the right thing. Let it get better and then work on core strength. (Captain Obvious signing off)

• Like 1

20 hours ago, deftona said:

why wouldn't you wait for the perfect one?

I agree.  I should just be patient.

Today has been shoddy at best.  Food has been a train wreck.  I have done some light PT and stretching for my low back, which is better today than it was yesterday.  I also mowed my lawn, which I think helped.

That's about all I have today.

• Like 2

HEy Cheetah, sorry about your back...hope it gets better quickly. 

Hope you have a better day today also...you can do it!!! xx

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Salinger said:

HEy Cheetah, sorry about your back...hope it gets better quickly. 

Hope you have a better day today also...you can do it!!! xx

Thanks Sal.  :-)

Today has been a little better.  Back is still stiff; I didn't exercise it as much today.  I'll do some toe touches and some cat/cow this evening and that will help.

Food was slightly less of a train wreck, but still not great.  Part of the problem is there's a lot of cheesy pasta food in my fridge right now.  Oops.

I played a little guitar again today.  I'm happy that I'm coming back around to it.  My C-chord changes are slowly slowly slowly getting a little better.  I was talking the other day about the guitar I want, and I was going to post a pic but I forgot so here's one.

POP_LPSTDredroy.jpg

They run about 500 bucks new, or if I get lucky I might find a used one for 400.  But honestly, by the time I'm shelling out that much cash I'd rather go the distance and buy new.

I have been working hard at work lately, which is part of the reason I've been a little less consistent with updating here.  But it's good things and good work and I'm really happy with it right now so that's pretty cool.  :-)

• Like 4

Today has been allright.  Food has been better, my back has felt better but I haven't exercised today.  I did the shopping and that was okay.  Quality work at work.  I played a little guitar.  I'm tired again, but that's not news.  I'm going to try to get to bed as fast as I can tonight when I get home.

I can't remember if I mentioned this before, but when I go to bed I put in low-profile ear buds and play an ASMR video to fall asleep to.  I have about a dozen or so artists on YT that I really like.  When I'm at work and I need to focus on something or just for fun on breaks I'll listen to them, too.  It makes me really happy and I just thought I'd share.  :-)

Good night!

• Like 4

Hey Cheetah, my housemate also listens to ASMR stuff....doesnt do much for me really, but i do like the sound of waves and rain falling. Is that similar?

Great you are back into the guitar, C chords are tough for me. Hands too small hahahha

Sending love xx

4 hours ago, Salinger said:

Is that similar?

Great you are back into the guitar, C chords

It is similar, yes.  Just happy background noise.

C is for challenging.  :-)  But it's the same as when I was starting out on ukulele.  A lot of the chords seemed impossible at first but they're easy now.  It's just practice and time; we'll get there!

• Like 2