• Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

RedStone

RedStone Frees Her Willy

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, Harriet said:
55 minutes ago, JessFit said:

I'M HERE FOR THE KNITTING GROUP!  #OldLadyAt30


I second this motion. 

 

Sounds like you'd be pretty... close knit.

  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RedStone said:

So far writing is going well. Water was good on Monday but not yesterday. Haven't worked on "other" aspects of work yet. Trained yesterday.

Winning all around! This consistent writing habit is newly consistent, no?

 

3 hours ago, RedStone said:

giphy.gif

 

actual footage of me leaving my job

Sounds like you're getting even MORE clarity on what you want your next step to look like! Can't wait for you to swim over that rainbow!

 

3 hours ago, RedStone said:

(Also since I'm going to the city I might end up at Muji for... reasons...)

giphy.gif

 

3 hours ago, RedStone said:

I love everything about that.

I love most of it - still learning to embrace my chaotic side of my personality and see it as an asset for rolling with the punches. But I think it is the part of me that makes me fun and spontaneous in a class and social setting, so I'm slowly getting towards embracing it with fully open arms rather than trying to hold it at a distance and pretend it's not there.

 

3 hours ago, RedStone said:

So what's in your bujo? What do you tend to use it for? I love seeing what people do!

I haven't had a proper BuJo in forever, but I do keep that little Muji notebook I bought while we were there with me for quick journal entries / on paper thought processing - it does help me calm down the "everything is awfuls" by putting down what, precisely is awful and being able to find hope within that. I did write a quick list of the five things I really would benefit most from tweaking today and the plan of attack to make those 5 things happen (basically, restating rolling challenge goals haha). I should start using it as a brief sort of day planner thing - I still have grand dreams of a kanban board at home so that I can track all my personal tasks in one spot cause it's been really helpful for me at work, but it'll be post move before I get around to that at home.

 

3 hours ago, RedStone said:

You guys are the best. Love you so <3

<3 <3 <3

 

1 hour ago, JessFit said:

I'M HERE FOR THE KNITTING GROUP!  #OldLadyAt30

I'll gender bend and join this old lady group - although probably just to glue rhinestonnes onto stuff (which I haven't actually had to do in forever now that I have a same-sex partner and we're still figuring out costumes and stuff).

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Mike Wazowski said:

I'll gender bend and join this old lady group - although probably just to glue rhinestonnes onto stuff (which I haven't actually had to do in forever now that I have a same-sex partner and we're still figuring out costumes and stuff).

 

I mean, who's to say your costumes can't be adorable matching knit sweaters #justsayin

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Grumble said:

 

I don't think the mahjonng circle was the deciding factor, but you're too busy being a badass to be an old lady. So it's a moot point anyway.

 

19 hours ago, scalyfreak said:

 

Let's not confuse things by assuming that these two are mutually exclusive. Some of the baddest asses out there are old ladies, hardened by a lifetime of experiences, boss battles they won and challenges they overcame. The old that is strong does not wither, remember?

 

18 hours ago, JessFit said:

I'M HERE FOR THE KNITTING GROUP!  #OldLadyAt30

 

17 hours ago, Harriet said:

I second this motion. 

17 hours ago, Mike Wazowski said:

I'll gender bend and join this old lady group - although probably just to glue rhinestonnes onto stuff (which I haven't actually had to do in forever now that I have a same-sex partner and we're still figuring out costumes and stuff).

 

17 hours ago, Deckard Gainz said:

I mean, who's to say your costumes can't be adorable matching knit sweaters #justsayin

 

I'm super into a craft circle of super heroes that do good by staying in and making nice things while drinking tea and whiskey and petting kitties and talking about barbells.

(Actually, the key differences between now and the craft circles of my 20s are the barbells.)

 

Honestly, we've done stuff like that in the past here, threads for sharing art or gardens or anything really. Nerds are amazing at crafts, would you guys like something like that? (We also did a facebook group but it was inactive)

 

giphy.gif

 

17 hours ago, Mike Wazowski said:

Winning all around! This consistent writing habit is newly consistent, no?

 

Well, yes and no. I've been working on this project since starting with my business coach in February, and I've been working on it on a more relaxed schedule. In the last few weeks she gave me a new goal with a time frame and made it a priority in my my load, so here we are! 

 

I have had focus issues with my work time, and since I HAVE to use my computer it's easy for me to get distracted. I got myself a cube timer a fwe months ago and that's been helpful, but after yesterday... bringing my laptop on the train, with no internet service, was awesome. I GOT SO MUCH DONE!! So I just reloaded Selfcontrol and will be using that in 30 min increments at a time.

 

17 hours ago, Mike Wazowski said:

 

I love most of it - still learning to embrace my chaotic side of my personality and see it as an asset for rolling with the punches. But I think it is the part of me that makes me fun and spontaneous in a class and social setting, so I'm slowly getting towards embracing it with fully open arms rather than trying to hold it at a distance and pretend it's not there.

 

Always a good idea. Choose love. 

 

17 hours ago, Mike Wazowski said:

I haven't had a proper BuJo in forever, but I do keep that little Muji notebook I bought while we were there with me for quick journal entries / on paper thought processing - it does help me calm down the "everything is awfuls" by putting down what, precisely is awful and being able to find hope within that. I did write a quick list of the five things I really would benefit most from tweaking today and the plan of attack to make those 5 things happen (basically, restating rolling challenge goals haha). I should start using it as a brief sort of day planner thing - I still have grand dreams of a kanban board at home so that I can track all my personal tasks in one spot cause it's been really helpful for me at work, but it'll be post move before I get around to that at home.

 

<3 <3 <3

 

Love it. Kind of like how Ill journal, but almost more organized lol!

 

I... did go to Muji yesterday. I... did buy a small book there. And a pen. BUT THAT'S IT

 

(I did make a short list of places to visit after we move and I'm ready for like, trivets and stuff...)

 

 

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Mike Wazowski said:

I'll gender bend and join this old lady group - although probably just to glue rhinestonnes onto stuff (which I haven't actually had to do in forever now that I have a same-sex partner and we're still figuring out costumes and stuff).

 I'm totally ok with it being a gender neutral group, the more rhinestones the better! (Gosh I miss ballroom dancing, and dancing in general. You don't find rhinestones that frequently in day to day life otherwise.)

 

16 minutes ago, RedStone said:

I'm super into a craft circle of super heroes that do good by staying in and making nice things while drinking tea and whiskey and petting kitties and talking about barbells.

(Actually, the key differences between now and the craft circles of my 20s are the barbells.)

 

Honestly, we've done stuff like that in the past here, threads for sharing art or gardens or anything really. Nerds are amazing at crafts, would you guys like something like that? (We also did a facebook group but it was inactive)

I'm game for craft thread or FB group. I'd be active on either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Mike Wazowski said:

I love most of it - still learning to embrace my chaotic side of my personality and see it as an asset for rolling with the punches. But I think it is the part of me that makes me fun and spontaneous in a class and social setting, so I'm slowly getting towards embracing it with fully open arms rather than trying to hold it at a distance and pretend it's not there.

 

Harness the flames of chaos! :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RedStone said:

I'm super into a craft circle of super heroes that do good by staying in and making nice things while drinking tea and whiskey and petting kitties and talking about barbells.

(Actually, the key differences between now and the craft circles of my 20s are the barbells.)

 

Honestly, we've done stuff like that in the past here, threads for sharing art or gardens or anything really. Nerds are amazing at crafts, would you guys like something like that? (We also did a facebook group but it was inactive)

I'd be interested, though my craft time is pretty limited til later in the year - grad school takes up a lot of time and mental energy currently. :(

 

3 hours ago, RedStone said:

Well, yes and no. I've been working on this project since starting with my business coach in February, and I've been working on it on a more relaxed schedule. In the last few weeks she gave me a new goal with a time frame and made it a priority in my my load, so here we are! 

 

I have had focus issues with my work time, and since I HAVE to use my computer it's easy for me to get distracted. I got myself a cube timer a fwe months ago and that's been helpful, but after yesterday... bringing my laptop on the train, with no internet service, was awesome. I GOT SO MUCH DONE!! So I just reloaded Selfcontrol and will be using that in 30 min increments at a time.

Ahh gotcha - good on you for experimenting and finding strategies to make your work writing time focused and productive!

 

3 hours ago, RedStone said:

Always a good idea. Choose love. 

<3

 

3 hours ago, RedStone said:

Love it. Kind of like how Ill journal, but almost more organized lol!

Lol if I'm more organized, god help us all. #secretchaos

 

3 hours ago, RedStone said:

I... did go to Muji yesterday. I... did buy a small book there. And a pen. BUT THAT'S IT

 

(I did make a short list of places to visit after we move and I'm ready for like, trivets and stuff...)

Love the restraint here!

 

2 hours ago, scalyfreak said:

Harness the flames of chaos! :)

giphy.gif

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Mike Wazowski said:

I'd be interested, though my craft time is pretty limited til later in the year - grad school takes up a lot of time and mental energy currently. :(

 

I always do more crafting in cold weather lol

 

52 minutes ago, Mike Wazowski said:

Ahh gotcha - good on you for experimenting and finding strategies to make your work writing time focused and productive!

 

 

Eh, it's more like... it started as a fun project - just a good place for me to put some ideas down and work things out, but as it grew it became clear that it was going to be a cornerstone for the work I'm doing going forward. Now that this decision is made, it gets a much higher spot on the priorities list. (Actually #1!) 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Things are looking up :D The meeting I had yesterday was really fun and ended up lasting 3 hours, included an hour of working out with one of the small group classes, and ending with a hug! I really connected with the PT director on a lot of important, close to home issues, and the whole place has a much homier feel than the corporate environment I've been in. It was very... Average Joe's vs Globo Gym, but if Joe's was run by a woman.

 

So from here we're talking about transparency and needs, and sort of laying out what each side needs from the other. I don't want to have a non compete anymore, and to be comfortable promoting other sides of my work - which she seems cool with so long as we're on the same page and I'm not trying to take business from them. But overall it seems like a no-brainer! I actually wasn't so optimistic about this a few weeks ago and now I've barely slept because of the excitement of it. I already feel so much more heard in the last 2 weeks than I have in the last 2 months. 

 

So I'm just gonna go ahead and keep this little guy around. His mojo is workin for me

 

giphy.gif

 

Actual footage of me not sleeping last night^

 

_____

 

Otherwise water was good yesterday, writing wasn't (lawyer stuff omg I forgot I'll put it in a spoiler) but I can write and work this afternoon :D

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I forgot to do the real estate spoiler!

Spoiler


So we're trying to get this paper work sorted out with the lawyers and neighbors, and according to our team, the seller's lawyer is "a bully." So far, efforts by him to reach out to the neighbors have not gone well, and Lawyer Betsy had me come in yesterday morning, unexpectedly, for an update. (This always throws me off - even tho she works for me, I get this fear of authority!)  anyhoo... turns out the difficult neighbor they can't get a hold of... is one of my current coworkers. So I chatted with her and was like - omg I'm your new neighbor, fun! And we sort of talked and I was able to sneak in there that I hope this lawyer wasn't bugging her and we want to make it easy for everyone and lets talk if there are any concerns etc. So we shall see....

 

 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, RedStone said:

I forgot to do the real estate spoiler!

  Reveal hidden contents

 

Small world or just small town?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Grumble said:

Small world or just small town?

 

Other than this mean AF lawyer, it's like doing business on Sesame Street.

  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Deckard Gainz said:

All of this news sounds incredibly serendipitous! Especially the neighbor/coworker coincidence. Happy for you!

 

giphy.gif

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/15/2019 at 5:20 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Nicolas Sparks just likes to glorify toxic people.

When I used to teach AP Lit, I went on a rant about foo-foo books. . .like those written by Nicholas Sparks. One of my beloved smartasses not only bought me one of his books, but bought it in large print and inscribed it so I would have to keep it. :) (Brat!)

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OH MAN! Yes at the new neighbor being your coworker! I hope that's the nudge that'll get things resolved much more smoothly. :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, there's a lot going on.

 

giphy.gif

 

1. Negotiations for this potential new job. I've never been in a position where I negotiate my terms. It makes me very nervous.

2. Found out today I can't quit my current job until after the house closes or I'll have to renegotiate the mortgage

3. Found out today the new neighbors need to sign the plan B contract this week in order to close within the mortgage agreement deadline next week

4. But the new neighbors want to sign plan A which would put us back several steps, including reworking the mortgage and more delay.

5. Was told by my lawyer that if I don't push this forward no one will. (Seller's terrible lawyer is terrible and she has some restrictions)

5. Mr Red slipped on a rock in the woods over the weekend and we're waiting to hear back if it's a broken ankle or not

6. Break or sprain, if we pull off the house stuff we have a lot of physical work to do, which will most likely fall on me

6. I lost a filling and it hurts and I can't get an appointment for 2 weeks

 

So I'm feeling a lot of pressure to make things happen, in way too many places in my life. I'm in that weird halfway place at work where I know I'm leaving, but I don't know when or what it will look like when I do. I'm playing nice and about to leave for more spinal program classes, which I don't want to go to. It's all very awkward. They're doing a big promotion right now and I don't want to participate for obvious reasons. 

 

In life stuff I'm okay-ish. Lots of socialling = Happy RedStone. Water is either on point or terrible, depending on the day. I got in a glorious walk last week on the day I went down to the city, and should try to plan the next one soon. Training was great last week but off to a rocky start this week AKA nil. I can work out at home I guess, I haven't been wanting to be at the work gym. Maybe I'll shoot for that this week. I feel like an incentive would be useful, but right now I'm feeling like a did a few months ago - just trying to keep my head above water. Amazing the difference a week can make.

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Sad 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

oh man that is a lot of things.

 

 

most of those shouldn't be you're responsibility either! do you have a mortgage loan agent/officer/rep? do the sellers actually want to sell? can your realtor go back to the seller's agent and be like this has to happen NOW

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RedStone said:

Well, there's a lot going on.

 

giphy.gif

 

1. Negotiations for this potential new job. I've never been in a position where I negotiate my terms. It makes me very nervous.

2. Found out today I can't quit my current job until after the house closes or I'll have to renegotiate the mortgage

3. Found out today the new neighbors need to sign the plan B contract this week in order to close within the mortgage agreement deadline next week

4. But the new neighbors want to sign plan A which would put us back several steps, including reworking the mortgage and more delay.

5. Was told by my lawyer that if I don't push this forward no one will. (Seller's terrible lawyer is terrible and she has some restrictions)

5. Mr Red slipped on a rock in the woods over the weekend and we're waiting to hear back if it's a broken ankle or not

6. Break or sprain, if we pull off the house stuff we have a lot of physical work to do, which will most likely fall on me

6. I lost a filling and it hurts and I can't get an appointment for 2 weeks

 

So I'm feeling a lot of pressure to make things happen, in way too many places in my life. I'm in that weird halfway place at work where I know I'm leaving, but I don't know when or what it will look like when I do. I'm playing nice and about to leave for more spinal program classes, which I don't want to go to. It's all very awkward. They're doing a big promotion right now and I don't want to participate for obvious reasons. 

 

In life stuff I'm okay-ish. Lots of socialling = Happy RedStone. Water is either on point or terrible, depending on the day. I got in a glorious walk last week on the day I went down to the city, and should try to plan the next one soon. Training was great last week but off to a rocky start this week AKA nil. I can work out at home I guess, I haven't been wanting to be at the work gym. Maybe I'll shoot for that this week. I feel like an incentive would be useful, but right now I'm feeling like a did a few months ago - just trying to keep my head above water. Amazing the difference a week can make.

 

 

 

Ohhh, this sounds like a lot of stress, sorry to hear about the ankle and house and lawyer kerfuffle  :( 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

oh man that is a lot of things.

 

16 hours ago, Harriet said:

Ohhh, this sounds like a lot of stress, sorry to hear about the ankle and house and lawyer kerfuffle  :( 

 

Thanks guys. I think I'm through the panic and fortunately I have a very supportive partner. 

 

Job thing went well, she wrote me back right away and it was seemingly positive.

 

Spinal training was awesome last night and pulled me out of the anxious thoughts.  I'm actually kind of bummed I'm bailing on it. I met the main guy and he was awesome... I'm going to see if I can develop a relationship with him and have that as a card in my pocket down the road. Apparently the training I'm doing now is setting us up to be able to certify other people in the future, so that's kind of awesome. It doesn't outweigh my plans to start my own business tho, so I wouldn't stay just for that... but being able to do this work would be great for the future.

 

16 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

most of those shouldn't be you're responsibility either! do you have a mortgage loan agent/officer/rep? do the sellers actually want to sell? can your realtor go back to the seller's agent and be like this has to happen NOW

 

Yeah, I've been feeling the same, but my lawyer has been great and doing everything she can, so has out realtor and the sellers realtor. The issue is with the seller's lawyer - he basically spooked the neighbor with his heavy handed litigator style. (He's basically an ambulance chaser and taking the seller for a ride.)  All of this will go away if we can get the neighbors (one of which is a coworker of mine) to sign these licenses and I'm going to meet up with them casually tonight to see if we can just get it done one way or another. The seller is elderly and I believe there is a language barrier... I get the feeling she doesn't understand what's hapenning. It's just an ugly situation for something that should be extremely simple! Mr Red says he has been thinking about scenarios and has been chilling me out a bit. So that's something!

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, RedStone said:

Yeah, I've been feeling the same, but my lawyer has been great and doing everything she can, so has out realtor and the sellers realtor. The issue is with the seller's lawyer - he basically spooked the neighbor with his heavy handed litigator style. (He's basically an ambulance chaser and taking the seller for a ride.)  All of this will go away if we can get the neighbors (one of which is a coworker of mine) to sign these licenses and I'm going to meet up with them casually tonight to see if we can just get it done one way or another. The seller is elderly and I believe there is a language barrier... I get the feeling she doesn't understand what's happening. It's just an ugly situation for something that should be extremely simple! Mr Red says he has been thinking about scenarios and has been chilling me out a bit. So that's something!

that's awful. but honestly, it should still be your lawyer's job to deal with the seller's lawyer. no matter how sucky they are. good luck tonight!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now