• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

RedStone

RedStone Frees Her Willy

17 minutes ago, CourtnieMarie said:

it should still be your lawyer's job to deal with the seller's lawyer

QFT.

Then again, when was the last time reality confirmed to what it should be doing...? :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, scalyfreak said:

Then again, when was the last time reality confirmed to what it should be doing...? :rolleyes:

Mid-2015? Maybe? :P

Red, all the hugs - I feel like I knew about all the stressors individually, but didn't really conceptualize that it was all hitting all at once. We're hear for you, anything you need (even if it's just to rant about lawyers sometimes being the f***ing worst! - and that's coming from someone whose best friend is a lawyer!).

• Like 1

Just now, scalyfreak said:

QFT.

Reality is overrated.

Ugh, I'm so sorry about these stressors. Buying a house is stressful enough without all this other nonsense. 

9 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

that's awful. but honestly, it should still be your lawyer's job to deal with the seller's lawyer. no matter how sucky they are. good luck tonight!

9 hours ago, scalyfreak said:

QFT.

8 hours ago, JessFit said:

Ugh, I'm so sorry about these stressors. Buying a house is stressful enough without all this other nonsense. 

7 hours ago, raptron said:

HUGS. <3 

Thanks guys <3 and you're right. I resent being made to feel responsible for this by my lawyer. The neighbors wouldn't even meet me last night and that was pretty much the end of the line for what I'm willing to do. Mr Red (the saint) stepped in (With his NOT broken ankle :applause:) and took care of the communications with the seller and our lawyer. It resulted in a series of letters that look like we're on track again, albeit another delay that honestly doesn't effect us more than giving us more time to prepare. (He also convinced the seller that she can move her husband to Florida to start his dialysis and still close remotely.)

I feel a lot better about the situation, and I have a silver lining with the delay. I think I can parlay the whole thing into finishing the spinal cert because it's interesting, I like it, and I found out last night that we're actually be certified to be able to certify others, and that's a HUGE step up for me in the clinical world. 

9 hours ago, Mike Wazowski said:

Mid-2015? Maybe? :P

Red, all the hugs - I feel like I knew about all the stressors individually, but didn't really conceptualize that it was all hitting all at once. We're hear for you, anything you need (even if it's just to rant about lawyers sometimes being the f***ing worst! - and that's coming from someone whose best friend is a lawyer!).

When it rains amirite??? I think Adam's ankle really was the last straw for my sanity.

9 hours ago, Grumble said:

Reality is overrated.

It really, really, REALLY is. 

_____

Water good today and yesterday, lifting hapenned today. Training at the new place tomorrow (a trial I think).

Life keeps life-ing on.

• Like 7

14 hours ago, RedStone said:

Mr Red (the saint) stepped in (With his NOT broken ankle :applause:) and took care of the communications with the seller and our lawyer.

Good job, Mr. Red. :) 

I feel a lot better about the situation, and I have a silver lining with the delay. I think I can parlay the whole thing into finishing the spinal cert because it's interesting, I like it, and I found out last night that we're actually be certified to be able to certify others, and that's a HUGE step up for me in the clinical world. 

Ohhh, neat!

Life keeps life-ing on.

IT DOES! It's pretty good at that. 

• Like 1

one of the things i've noticed during the buying a house process is that everything is AN IMMEDIATE EMERGENCY AND ANSWER WITHIN 5 MINUTES EVEN THOUGH YOU'RE AT WORK/CLASS OR YOU WILL NOT GET A HOUSE

okay folks, let's chill. you know you're just going to be able to delay things anyway.

22 minutes ago, CourtnieMarie said:

one of the things i've noticed during the buying a house process is that everything is AN IMMEDIATE EMERGENCY AND ANSWER WITHIN 5 MINUTES EVEN THOUGH YOU'RE AT WORK/CLASS OR YOU WILL NOT GET A HOUSE

okay folks, let's chill. you know you're just going to be able to delay things anyway.

We did that the first time we almost bought a place. Our Agent drove us up a fucking wall. 

When we dumped her and went with the one that helped us with the house we bought everything was the best. (except for the initial dealing with the lender, but I shut that down the first time they called me during Mrs G's ultrasound with an "emergency". You are the one in control of this process (for the most part) own that control and let their waves of panic beat against the breakwater of your chill. Then tell em to fuck off and you'll get back to them later.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, RedStone said:

Thanks guys <3 and you're right. I resent being made to feel responsible for this by my lawyer. The neighbors wouldn't even meet me last night and that was pretty much the end of the line for what I'm willing to do. Mr Red (the saint) stepped in (With his NOT broken ankle :applause:) and took care of the communications with the seller and our lawyer. It resulted in a series of letters that look like we're on track again, albeit another delay that honestly doesn't effect us more than giving us more time to prepare. (He also convinced the seller that she can move her husband to Florida to start his dialysis and still close remotely.)

And that's why there's two of you, so you can help each other out and handle things together. +1 for team work!

40 minutes ago, CourtnieMarie said:

Wow, that sounds almost as if they are trying to scare-stress you into signing whatever they put right in front of you, instead of waiting and negotiate the deal that is best for you. That's weird. :P

8 minutes ago, Grumble said:

We did that the first time we almost bought a place. Our Agent drove us up a fucking wall. 

When we dumped her and went with the one that helped us with the house we bought everything was the best. (except for the initial dealing with the lender, but I shut that down the first time they called me during Mrs G's ultrasound with an "emergency". You are the one in control of this process (for the most part) own that control and let their waves of panic beat against the breakwater of your chill. Then tell em to fuck off and you'll get back to them later.

^This.

If they aren't willing to work with you, they must not want your money. In fact, all those things they said about really needing to sell must have been lies. You can afford to wait and to get back to them when you actually have time to talk, and if they aren't willing to wait for that, I'm sure there are hundreds of other willing buyer waiting in line with cash on hand to buy this house. Right? ;)

• Like 5

2 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

This makes me really appreciate my agent. He is chill af, maybe I should bake him cookies for the closing next month.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JessFit said:

This makes me really appreciate my agent. He is chill af, maybe I should bake him cookies for the closing next month.

Cross-thread commentary, but I'd 100% dig homemade cookies as a gift (in addition to my avowed love of cards).

• Like 1

Still alive, post rage, post stress, post burn it all down.

giphy.gif

Real estate is back on track. Mr Red, myself and my realtor and making strides to make sure lawyer isn't putting too much on us and is reaching out to the other team as expected. Wheels are in motion for the thing we need done, so hopefully it's just a matter of time.

The sure thing from a few weeks ago has come up empty. After 2 weeks of long walks on the beach and endless nights of talking in front of the fireplace, I got a very unceremonious thanks but no thanks email. It was surprising based on everything. It's not really a big deal, but it's also kind of a big deal. 

The place was a step down in terms of facility, equipment and overall gloominess, but I was willing to work around that in exchange for freedom to run my programs and do my thing. (And still am.) At first I didn't really think of it as much other than exchanging one gym job for another, then once we really got talking I started to see the possibilities. I wonder if they got scared off by my need for autonomy, and it is a need. I'm not stepping back. I'm working on getting back on track with my focus, it needs to stay in the book.

If I'm really honest, I'm not used to be passed over for stuff. This is probably good for me in the long run.

Two big issues came up for me, both mental health. 1- I started to feel that I was leaving. I mentally divorced myself and felt light and empowered. But now I'm staying, at least for the immediate future, and I'm having trouble readjusting. 2- I definitely had a confidence tank. This is sort of my go-to in the face of difficulty. I had a shitty class last night as a result and am feeling down in general. Working to change it from self hatred to self love. That helps, of course, but takes time. 

I started a needlepoint that was super rage-y and negative and am turning it into something positive and almost poetic instead. Stabbing something a million times can be therapeutic in it's way...

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

11 minutes ago, RedStone said:

I started to feel that I was leaving. I mentally divorced myself and felt light and empowered.

that's got to be so hard right now. something better for you will come along but the time in between is not fun. <3

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, CourtnieMarie said:

that's got to be so hard right now. something better for you will come along but the time in between is not fun. <3

Thanks friend. And truly the goal was to go off on my own anyway. I have to make the better thing and this kind of derailed me for a bit, but I'm getting my head back together!

Silver lining - use of the pool club at current place for the summer?

• Like 2

It's them, not you. Seriously, there could be a dozen reasons why they realised they don't want to/can't hire someone right now after all, or there's someone else they hired for one of a hundred fairly arbitrary reasons. You're still excellent, and you will still find your place. Wishing you zen and calm while you stay in your current place a bit longer. Unless you're enjoying the burning rage. In that case, wishing you great flammability. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Sorry things didn't work out. I am proud of you for recognizing and choosing not to compromise on your need for autonomy. That shows you value yourself and know your self worth.

Thanks homie. It's funny how confidence can swing like a pendulum. I kinda feel like I'm hanging by a thread, but it's just enough to get me back to the other side. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, RedStone said:

The place was a step down in terms of facility, equipment and overall gloominess, but I was willing to work around that in exchange for freedom to run my programs and do my thing. (And still am.) At first I didn't really think of it as much other than exchanging one gym job for another, then once we really got talking I started to see the possibilities. I wonder if they got scared off by my need for autonomy, and it is a need.

Then you did the right thing by not compromising about that need. If they can't handle that part of you, you would not have been happy working at that gym anyway. Think of this as a narrow escape, and take pride in your part in escaping towards something better. :)

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Harriet said:

It's them, not you. Seriously, there could be a dozen reasons why they realised they don't want to/can't hire someone right now after all, or there's someone else they hired for one of a hundred fairly arbitrary reasons. You're still excellent, and you will still find your place. Wishing you zen and calm while you stay in your current place a bit longer. Unless you're enjoying the burning rage. In that case, wishing you great flammability. 

Yeah, I can think of a few reasons it wasn't going to work for them - and I get the feeling the decisions were made when the woman I was talking to brought it to the partners. Actually I did enjoy a very ragey weekend! Even though it was before all this hapenned. I had a casual meetup with a few high school friends. We wandered Central Park reliving all the devious things, and little rebel rebel RedStone came out in all her glory. Here I am at the end of the night, realizing that the last train is about to leave across town. No, we are not clean, first night homeless. We are park rats:

cMJZXoZl.png

6 minutes ago, scalyfreak said:

Then you did the right thing by not compromising about that need. If they can't handle that part of you, you would not have been happy working at that gym anyway. Think of this as a narrow escape, and take pride in your part in escaping towards something better. :)

Indeed, it kind of was an escape. In a sense I felt like it was a compromise in terms of environment, but didn't want to let a cosmetic thing be the reason I passed on an opportunity to move forward. I had already seen a fair few places I actually want to operate out of, all in the spirit of being able to change things up regularly and having variety - which I really want. I'm also a little relieved because with the move it's a lot of change very fast. In the long run it's best, and I can always go to the slot car racing place next door for fun...

• Like 6