• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

RedStone

RedStone Frees Her Willy

23 minutes ago, CourtnieMarie said:

yes? but anything can happen so you don't want to fall in love. (but you do want to fall in love because hotdamn huge purchase).

It's a tentative love. I remember when we were house hunting how much a train wreck we were after a couple house fell through. 

38 minutes ago, CourtnieMarie said:

ahh yess, negotiating price before P&S is eye-opening and crazy.

Ugh sounds crazy. I'm hoping we'll be good where we are for a good long while but I'm sure 

ooo sounds beautiful! there are always people looking to buy secondhand washers and dryers if you go that route.

Totally. I'm wondering if we can even sell the ones here to the landlords so they have more to offer their next tenants... we'll see!

yes? but anything can happen so you don't want to fall in love. (but you do want to fall in love because hotdamn huge purchase).

TOTALLY. We're so close to close. SO CLOSE. But there's always a chance something will go wrong. So far we've been good about not getting too attached to anything but we've both been doing drivebys and making plans at this point... I mean at some point I have to hire a mover lol

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Grumble said:

It's a tentative love. I remember when we were house hunting how much a train wreck we were after a couple house fell through. 

The pain is real. 

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/17/2019 at 11:38 AM, JessFit said:

I'm so sorry about moving stress, I'm going through similar things and it is exceedingly frustrating. 

9 hours ago, raptron said:

HI LOVE. Excited for you guys, but WISHING the best as you navigate these tricky legal trickses.

Thanks guys!! Honestly, since we got the clear to close the tension has really eased off. I think we're just sitting on the waiting game now. The seller has agreed to everything it's just a matter of getting the paperwork done. Good news is that the seller's realtor is back from holiday and seems to be pushing their side of things soooo I guess that's where we're at. (I'm also in a - study about landscape design so I don't do anything stupid the first Summer - kind of place. My pinterest is going ape)

10 hours ago, Laghail said:

Related image

giphy.gif

9 hours ago, Grumble said:

gollum(5) - TRICKSY LAWYERS THEY CONFUSES US

giphy.gif

And for no reason except I'm glad I found it:

giphy.gif

• Like 5

Okay, pretty straight forward! Here is week 1.

Work Stuff:

Book: Write 500 words and/or work on it (image support) 45 mins per day Monday- Thursday

Biz: Develop materials/market research 2X per week @45 mins per session (book these sessions in the calendar)

Body Stuff:

Water: 2 shakers minimum 7 days a week

Train: Beta testing a program that is 3X per week

Walk: Have a town walk once per week

wWds1HWl.jpg

I SHOULD be hearing more about the closing this week. Over the weekend we traveled down to Philly and looked at appliances with my folks. I have a vague idea of what I'd like, but even better - I was able to get a whole bunch of drill bit sets at the dent and scratch outlet that I'll be using for an event in May - a guided meditation/painted rock mandala thing. I'm looking forward to it, it should be fun!

Also my labs start this week for the back rehab thing, and I'm taking an advanced anatomy course to compliment it. (Not required but it's my jam.) Not exactly as intensive as CHC, but different - it's much shorter and much more hands on and immersive. Labs are 3 hours min so it'll be a little more intense for a short amount of time rather than the slow burn I just finished. 

On a fun side note, I started up with this drawing game over the weekend that I used to really love, Draw Something, and it's keeping me off the facebook scroll for downtime. I feel freed!!! 

Today is going to be some scrambling for meal prep because everything was closed by the time we got home last night which was fine because I was so exhausted from the weekend. I need a vacation?

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, RedStone said:

On a fun side note, I started up with this drawing game over the weekend that I used to really love, Draw Something, and it's keeping me off the facebook scroll for downtime. I feel freed!!! 

I loved this game! It was a little frustrating on my super old phone with a tiny screen though. I wonder if I should download it for my iPad....

also! Glad to hear you are making progress with all the house stuff. Fingies crossed for ya

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Deckard Gainz said:

I loved this game! It was a little frustrating on my super old phone with a tiny screen though. I wonder if I should download it for my iPad....

IT'S PERFECT. I'm using the phone now, but I used to use the tablet with a stylus, you can really go to town with it, especially with your background! I love watching people take their time with illustrations!! Let me know if you get into it again, I would love to play with you!!!

2 minutes ago, Deckard Gainz said:

also! Glad to hear you are making progress with all the house stuff. Fingies crossed for ya

ty ty ty! 

• Like 2

Oooh, that's a lovely neat bujo entry. Hmmm, maybe I can make my own offline drawing game and just draw a random thing on paper whenever I find myself randomly non-reading the news or opening facebook only to find that the world is still forked and people still have cats and dogs. Actually that's a great idea! New goal: make a list of things to draw by the end of the week! That sounds much more fun that "you must draw for thirty minutes at 3:15pm every day".

No one needs a weekend more than the person who has just had one, right? 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Harriet said:

Oooh, that's a lovely neat bujo entry. Hmmm, maybe I can make my own offline drawing game and just draw a random thing on paper whenever I find myself randomly non-reading the news or opening facebook only to find that the world is still forked and people still have cats and dogs. Actually that's a great idea! New goal: make a list of things to draw by the end of the week! That sounds much more fun that "you must draw for thirty minutes at 3:15pm every day".

Haha yay! Yes, I miss the doodle. I used to do that in school, during studying as soon as I started spacing out and losing focus I would draw some little chibi creatures in my planner. I like the idea of doing that instead of the scroll, would be an excuse for me to get a new sketchbook... (I might have a sketchbook problem.) Maybe that could be an incentive for this challenge!!

16 minutes ago, Harriet said:

No one needs a weekend more than the person who has just had one, right? 

:lol: right???

14 minutes ago, JessFit said:

Thats a beautiful bujo chart! 

Thanks! I've been using a pre-printed bujo as a planner this year and kind of miss the hand drawn aspects. I'm thinking I may try to get it together to do a hand drawn one for 2020 if I can start over the Summer maybe. The pre printed goal trackers kinda suck lol

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, RedStone said:

Haha yay! Yes, I miss the doodle. I used to do that in school, during studying as soon as I started spacing out and losing focus I would draw some little chibi creatures in my planner. I like the idea of doing that instead of the scroll, would be an excuse for me to get a new sketchbook... (I might have a sketchbook problem.) Maybe that could be an incentive for this challenge!!

BUT DO YOU NEED A NEW SKETCHBOOK TO DO THIS??? :P

Love,

Your minimalist fairy god mother :D

39 minutes ago, RedStone said:

Thanks! I've been using a pre-printed bujo as a planner this year and kind of miss the hand drawn aspects. I'm thinking I may try to get it together to do a hand drawn one for 2020 if I can start over the Summer maybe. The pre printed goal trackers kinda suck lol

Pre printed trackers SUCKED for me, though I think I just have commitment issues when it comes to tracking things - I literally take it day by day whether or not I'm tracking any given thing, adding and subtracting as I see fit. Maybe I'm more chaotic than I realized.

LOVE the goals you've got going, especially the writing because I CANNOT WAIT to gift it to some friends and family members who would love it. Also love the new class and drawing that you're finding in your life.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Mike Wazowski said:

That depends on whether her existing sketchbooks are filled. Do you have empty sketchbooks lying around, pining for purpose? Longing to be filled? You must sketch in them.

2 hours ago, Mike Wazowski said:

Love,

Your minimalist fairy god mother :D

2 hours ago, Harriet said:

That depends on whether her existing sketchbooks are filled. Do you have empty sketchbooks lying around, pining for purpose? Longing to be filled? You must sketch in them.

Hush you two! I always need sketchbooks. For...reasons...

giphy.gif

I managed to use up my half filled notebooks last summer when I was learning handlettering, but I do have an interesting project idea for my box of filled up sketchbooks - I have about 25 years worth. I'm thinking of going through them and removing things I find interesting etc to make new work with, kind of like collages of my life. I haven't looked through many of them in a very long time and I kind of expect it to be an intense introspective experience.

Pre printed trackers SUCKED for me, though I think I just have commitment issues when it comes to tracking things - I literally take it day by day whether or not I'm tracking any given thing, adding and subtracting as I see fit. Maybe I'm more chaotic than I realized.

That is so interesting!!!! On the one hand bujos and journals like that are perfect for the mega organizers like you, on the other hand, just because you're minimal and organized doesn't mean you can't adapt your needs to your life as you're living it? Or maybe it's a chaotic outlet? I dunno, but that's very funny to me lol

Yeah... this one is.... okay. The most important thing for me is that I have a day planner for work, and I got the one I have because it had the closest weekly spread to what I normally like. (I panicked mid December and had to figure out something lol) Before 2019 I was using a monthly spread day planner and a separate bujo. This one is basically a day planner with a little room for freeform bujo-ing, but not really day to day stuff. Basically, there's a dotted spread between every month and every month has a page of  habit trackers you can customize, but I don't like them because they're not broken down by weeks. I don't hate it, but I could do better if I planned ahead for it!

(But what I can't do is make a new monthly spread every month, I'll have to lay out the whole book for mt to use ahead of time or it's a big no go)

LOVE the goals you've got going, especially the writing because I CANNOT WAIT to gift it to some friends and family members who would love it. Also love the new class and drawing that you're finding in your life.

UGH YOU ARE TOO KIND. The encouragement is just... fantastic. It really helps on those hard days <3

giphy.gif

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, RedStone said:

Hush you two! I always need sketchbooks. For...reasons...

giphy.gif

I managed to use up my half filled notebooks last summer when I was learning handlettering, but I do have an interesting project idea for my box of filled up sketchbooks - I have about 25 years worth. I'm thinking of going through them and removing things I find interesting etc to make new work with, kind of like collages of my life. I haven't looked through many of them in a very long time and I kind of expect it to be an intense introspective experience.

Oh nvm then! I think I was remembering a year or so ago when you admitted to having a ton of partially filled sketchbooks!

That is so interesting!!!! On the one hand bujos and journals like that are perfect for the mega organizers like you, on the other hand, just because you're minimal and organized doesn't mean you can't adapt your needs to your life as you're living it? Or maybe it's a chaotic outlet? I dunno, but that's very funny to me lol

HAHAHAHA I think my internet (and IRL) personality is deceptive at first, second, third, and fourth glance. I'm simultaneously mega-organized when I want to be and prone to flipping the table over and changing everything when I decide the organizing approach I was using no longer works. Or I'm just bored of it. Or I'm just inexplicably and inarticulately resistant to implementing the beautiful plan I just put on paper. Cause you know, reasons.

Yeah... this one is.... okay. The most important thing for me is that I have a day planner for work, and I got the one I have because it had the closest weekly spread to what I normally like. (I panicked mid December and had to figure out something lol) Before 2019 I was using a monthly spread day planner and a separate bujo. This one is basically a day planner with a little room for freeform bujo-ing, but not really day to day stuff. Basically, there's a dotted spread between every month and every month has a page of  habit trackers you can customize, but I don't like them because they're not broken down by weeks. I don't hate it, but I could do better if I planned ahead for it!

(But what I can't do is make a new monthly spread every month, I'll have to lay out the whole book for mt to use ahead of time or it's a big no go)

Oh interesting! I dunno if I've ever found a monthly or weekly spread that really worked for me, but I think if I looked at some options and played around I could probably figure things out. Part of it would just be designing enough flexibility in that I could change things around on the fly, cause I have a habit of altering every plan shortly after it's made.

UGH YOU ARE TOO KIND. The encouragement is just... fantastic. It really helps on those hard days <3

giphy.gif

YOU'RE PUTTING SOMETHING VALUABLE INTO THE WORLD AND YOU ARE WORTH ALL THE PRAISE!!!!! Hugs!

(that's my excited / happy / affirming internet shout, FYI)

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Mike Wazowski said:

YOU'RE PUTTING SOMETHING VALUABLE INTO THE WORLD AND YOU ARE WORTH ALL THE PRAISE!!!!! Hugs!

SECONDING. :D 

<3

• Like 1

So far writing is going well. Water was good on Monday but not yesterday. Haven't worked on "other" aspects of work yet. Trained yesterday.

Started labs last night and feeling meh about the system - even though the machines themselves have these awesome hand cranked wheel adjustments that make me feel like I'm operating a Soviet era submarine! But I'm meeting with the owner of a sports complex tomorrow - predominantly tennis... but she's a CHC and needs PT on staff so I'm very curious to see if there's a relationship there worth building.

SO... I have a feeling I'm going to bail on this cert. It's exclusively for use with this equipment, which Nautilus sold to a company in Germany and no longer exists anywhere in the U.S. That's an attractive aspect as a way of being set apart, but if any of the machinery goes down the program gets scrapped... and the club owner repeatedly reminded us of that during the lab last night. Plan is to just keep going for now until the dust settles and I can move on.

Honestly, it should tell me everything I need to know, but my current job makes me feel hopeless and small, while the potential at other places gives me so much hope.  I had it in mind I'd be done at the end of April this year, marking my 2 years there. I guess I need to keep reminding myself that, although it does complicate things in my head that we're moving now too. 

Heading down into the city this afternoon (NYC) to meet up with a close friend. Writing and working before hand, and getting a ride from a new friend to the train station! It took 4 years but I have a pretty nice social base now. And... a mahjonng circle. So yeah. I'm an old lady now, and pretty damn happy about it! SO heyo!!

giphy.gif

actual footage of me leaving my job

• Like 6

On 4/22/2019 at 4:39 PM, Mike Wazowski said:

Oh nvm then! I think I was remembering a year or so ago when you admitted to having a ton of partially filled sketchbooks!

Totes. And hand lettering conversations with friends has been great. The pages are SUPER weird and I learned calligraphy!

(Also since I'm going to the city I might end up at Muji for... reasons...)

HAHAHAHA I think my internet (and IRL) personality is deceptive at first, second, third, and fourth glance. I'm simultaneously mega-organized when I want to be and prone to flipping the table over and changing everything when I decide the organizing approach I was using no longer works. Or I'm just bored of it. Or I'm just inexplicably and inarticulately resistant to implementing the beautiful plan I just put on paper. Cause you know, reasons.

I love everything about that.

Oh interesting! I dunno if I've ever found a monthly or weekly spread that really worked for me, but I think if I looked at some options and played around I could probably figure things out. Part of it would just be designing enough flexibility in that I could change things around on the fly, cause I have a habit of altering every plan shortly after it's made.

So what's in your bujo? What do you tend to use it for? I love seeing what people do!

On 4/23/2019 at 10:55 AM, raptron said:

SECONDING. :D 

<3

You guys are the best. Love you so <3

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RedStone said:

Heading down into the city this afternoon (NYC) to meet up with a close friend. Writing and working before hand, and getting a ride from a new friend to the train station! It took 4 years but I have a pretty nice social base now. And... a mahjonng circle. So yeah. I'm an old lady now, and pretty damn happy about it! SO heyo!!

I don't think the mahjonng circle was the deciding factor, but you're too busy being a badass to be an old lady. So it's a moot point anyway.

10 minutes ago, Grumble said:

you're too busy being a badass to be an old lady

Let's not confuse things by assuming that these two are mutually exclusive. Some of the baddest asses out there are old ladies, hardened by a lifetime of experiences, boss battles they won and challenges they overcame. The old that is strong does not wither, remember?

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, scalyfreak said:

Let's not confuse things by assuming that these two are mutually exclusive. Some of the baddest asses out there are old ladies, hardened by a lifetime of experiences, boss battles they won and challenges they overcame. The old that is strong does not wither, remember?

Yea, but she's using old lady colloquially. All she needs is a knitting group to make it complete.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Grumble said:

Yea, but she's using old lady colloquially. All she needs is a knitting group to make it complete.

I'M HERE FOR THE KNITTING GROUP!  #OldLadyAt30

• Like 1
  • Haha 2